Raphael Varane | Signed for United!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amarsdd

These two Arsenal goons on Talkshite are clearly worried about this signing and resort to the Ole stuff
They have been doing that non-stop for the last couple of days now and basically only bringing on callers who would shit on Ole. Actually, Sol Campbell was the one who talked most sense when he was on.

Jimble

Over 65s Team Player
He would have been Milwall based on locality but we all have seen what years of playing for a club, the captaincy and the support players get, does to them.
You wouldn’t say Carragher and Gerrard are anything but Liverpool fans.
Would he not have been Charlton? Blackheath Bluecoats was only around a mile from Charlton

Teja

Where's this 380k p/w talk coming in from? All reports were that he was on similar wages as Maguire (so ~200k p/w or 10.5M / yr). I assume we've thrown him a nice sign on bonus but that's basically it.

10.5M / yr * 5 + 10M sign-on / agent fees + 40M transfer =~ 102.5M over 5 years.

Where as for White:

6M / yr (~120k p/w) * 5 + ?? sign-on / agent + 50M transfer =~ 80-85M over 5 years.

TheReligion

Abusive
Where's this 380k p/w talk coming in from? All reports were that he was on similar wages as Maguire (so ~200k p/w or 10.5M / yr). I assume we've thrown him a nice sign on bonus but that's basically it.

10.5M / yr * 5 + 10M sign-on / agent fees + 40M transfer =~ 102.5M over 5 years.

Where as for White:

6M / yr (~120k p/w) * 5 + ?? sign-on / agent + 50M transfer =~ 80-85M over 5 years.
The talk is coming from jealous feckwits who support other clubs.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
I take it you're all joking about the shirt sales.

Seeing as the club only receives around 8% of the profits on shirt sales.

PoTMS

For someone who hasn't watched him a lot, is he a bit like Rio? I'm excited to see a fast ball playing centre back next to Maguire.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
This smacks of Varane using Utd's name to get a new contract from Real to be honest. Every time Ramos wanted a new deal the Utd rumours would come out.

Loon

:lol:
Never thought this would happen. Don’t really care what salty pundits think as long as come seasons end they’re having to swallow their tears and admit he was a great signing.

Please be as great a signing as we all hope, Raphael.

Brophs

The One and Only
I see Varane is playing the ultra long game to get that new deal at Real. He’s going to go as far as joining us on a long term contract. It’s the ultimate game of chicken. Got to admire the brinksmanship.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Same, I think he will change his mind in the medical room at Bridgwater Hospital personally.
Agent Raphael will take it one step further. Just when he has the world's press to witness his signing; he will drop the pen and walk away, yelling, No Manchester! Yes, Grimsby!

tomaldinho1

£34M plus add ons. Great deal.
Genuinely is really nice to see transfer fees calming down a bit. £34m is a huge amount of money but it just goes to show how ridiculous football was becoming that Neymar cost £200m.

I always wanted Varane when he was coming through, let’s hope he’s got a good 5 years in him still at the elite level.

podurban2

So happy the BBC were able to confirm this as there were so many rumours going around from B-tier journos such as Fabrizio.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
This smacks of Varane using Utd's name to get a new contract from Real to be honest. Every time Ramos wanted a new deal the Utd rumours would come out.
I've spoken to someone from the Jamaican delegation this evening and am reliably informed that Varane was observed dicking around with the fax machine at Reals office today. :nervous:

Lee565

We have brought sancho and varane for almost the same amount we would have had to pay just for sancho last summer.

11reds

Perry Groves (think Micky Thomas free kick for Wrexham in 92) and Jordan Jarrett Bryan (ex Channel 4 Sports News person)
I am listening to these guys. They are so biased against Ole they will not even let the contributors make their points. Varane is an excellent signing and these guys are trying to be controversial for the sake of being controversial.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
We have brought sancho and varane for almost the same amount we would have had to pay just for sancho last summer.
miss the good old days of bidding 27mill in total for Baines and Fellaini, only to then sign Fellaini on his own for the full 27mill…

the Woodward days were so much fun

Status
Not open for further replies.