Rashford considering his future...

Delano

Read the room.

The only person to blame for his lack of game time, is himself.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Sad to say it, but many here were worried that the amount of game time he was getting under Ole - and the injuries he was playing through - would have their impact.

He's looked absolutely burned out for the last year now, and his surgeries don't seem to have done much to restore him to his past level. Shame.

LARulz

He has been mostly trash for the last year and a bit it's felt and incredibly infuriating to watch. If he was a player at any other club I would not want him at United, especially on his wages and probable fee

But on a purely sentimental side, it is sad. He is one of our youth players who we hoped to build the future of the club around. He is, as crude as it sounds, great for PR in both a footballing and non footballing sense

To put it blunt though, if this is his new level then he has no business being here. He may get a big club taking a punt on him abroad like PSG, Madrid etc. (laugh all we want but they have signed way worse players and Rashford is still a big enough name). I could equally see Newcastle throwing a bank at us and him though to make themselves credible

Drz

If there is any truth in this at all, I'll be very disappointed, the lad has not been in form and is questioning being benched as a consequence.... The level of delusion and ego there is shocking really, and this after our current publicly claimed he'd do what he can to get him firing again...
Here i thought he was one of the good eggs, if his attitude is this poor can't even imagine some of the others, the 2/3 years claimed by experts to turn things around is but wishful thinking, it's going to be 5+ years, the entire squad will have to be flushed down the drain.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Not just Rashford.
Every player in the squad should be doing that same thing. Become, it is absolutely clear that very few of them really understand what being a Manchester United player.
It is not just about their totally unjustified wages.

Raw

It's just sad how far he's fallen. I didn't think he was going to be some world class player in the future, but at least a mainstay in the squad for his whole career.

He just doesn't look like he's bothered at all, which is infuriating for a lad who's supported the club his whole life and is now living the dream by playing for them. Every minute he plays he should be working his arse off! If he gets dropped, make it a priority to impress in training! Instead he strops about hoping his off-field PR is enough to warrant starting every week.

Whether it's his injury, or still not letting go of that penalty miss for England, it doesn't matter. We shouldn't have to put up with him if he's playing like shit.

Mac1997

Don't see anyone shelling out any cash for him, will likely leave on a free at the end of his contract. Like his mate Lingard, holding out for the big signing on bonus as a free.

choccy77

In the last Ten years, United have managed to take great young players, full of potential and mentally destroy them.

Rashford blamed his injuries, played Euros, forced surgery late on, had been just as bad as before.

It's more psychological at this point than physical.

Seems its a common theme throughout the squad.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Now this is the kind of sale Newcastle would gobble up, if you ask me.

I think we ruined him (well, Ole did) with his back (not shoulder), and selling him on would be a shrewd move.

Whatever else is up with him, he's not giving any reason to justify his wage, playing time or even being a supposed United-calibre player.

If 'we' hadn't broken him, I would not want him sold, but that has come and gone now, so it might be best for all parties that he goes.

Flexdegea

Love rashford, but if this story is true, it's laughable

He's been brutal for a while. Can't even see if would take a punt on him either where as over a year ago prob could have had big clubs in Europe interested in him.

dove

If you weren't so shite, you would get more time. Feck off to Newcastle.

Red_toad

PSG would be all over him if he was looking to move, not sure it’d be a good move for him, he needs greater responsibility to get the best out of him. Looks a shell of the player he used to be. Genuinely hope he can recover his past from. Top bloke and loves the club, I’d imagine (if this story has any truth), that things must be very toxic in the dressing room and he sees no other way to resolve it.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Now this is the kind of sale Newcastle would gobble up, if you ask me.

I think we ruined him (well, Ole did) with his back (not shoulder), and selling him on would be a shrewd move.

Whatever else is up with him, he's not giving any reason to justify his wage, playing time or even being a supposed United-calibre player.

If 'we' hadn't broken him, I would not want him sold, but that has come and gone now, so it might be best for all parties that he goes.
Maybe PSG? He is the perfect* replacement for Mbappe, Al-Khalefi!

* = Poundland replacement

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Let’s hope Newcastle want to break the bank on him and make him a statement signing. Should be £60m minimum, but I think we can get to around the £70m figure.

I wonder if he leaves, does that mean Martial can still forge a career here?

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
If there is any truth in this at all, I'll be very disappointed, the lad has not been in form and is questioning being benched as a consequence.... The level of delusion and ego there is shocking really, and this after our current publicly claimed he'd do what he can to get him firing again...
Here i thought he was one of the good eggs, if his attitude is this poor can't even imagine some of the others, the 2/3 years claimed by experts to turn things around is but wishful thinking, it's going to be 5+ years, the entire squad will have to be flushed down the drain.
I wonder if this might be due to Sancho.

Sancho was bought as a plan to be our RW (was the main weakness of our squad last 2+ years) but has come in to play LW.

Martial got no game time due to Sancho at LW and Ronaldo at ST whilst arguably also being below Rashford & Cavani aswell so he ended up craving a loan.

Now Martial is gone but Rashford has to compete with Sancho for arguably his best and only position. He isnt getting games centrally over Ronaldo and Cavani whilst he is getting dropped for Elanga as a RW.

This is happening at the same time as when Greenwood is not our RW either.

Telsim

The way some people like to talk about him you'd think he was David Beckham reborn before. :houllier: Worse, I'm starting to think he himself thinks he is David Beckham reborn. He showed promise, but turned out to be an average one-dimensional footballer, thanks to Ole's coaching. I genuinely can't understand why anyone would want us to keep him, except sentiment.

Now would be the perfect time to sell him. We can get some 40-50 million quid for him, I reckon. Enough to finance a replacement. Plenty of others on the market - Diaby, Raphinha, Antony, etc.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
If he’s the Mbappe replacement PSG are fecked
Lots of talk that this has been lined up for awhile.

Not sure why his camp are putting this out now. Be better to just leave at the end of the season and say its about ambition. Cos, Lord knows, his performances haven't warranted more game time.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Rashford leaving would be a massive shame in my view. He's playing poorly and is in horrible form, but to lose a player like him would be such a damning indictment of the club in so many ways. We really are rotten to the core.

Players that we're interested in must be looking at us as such a poor prospect, why on earth would anyone sign for Utd now, limited options can be the only possible reason.

ShinjiNinja26

Let’s make the decision even easier for him and just get rid. I find it hilarious he’s the one considering his future as if he’s been hard done by. He’s been garbage ever since he returned from injury.

Real Name

If anything he's been playing too much. Last year I could get him being of form due to health issues but this year not... Its not that he cant but its he's not bothered part which maddens me.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
We all know what happens here - Man Utd will refuse to sell and he will continue to be poor before leaving for nothing when his contract expires.

I can see Martial as the starting striker next season.

SATA

Maybe Real Madrid will be interested in taking him. They love our players - Beckham, Ronaldo, Ruud, Heinze, Chicharito. I don’t want to see him leave but Madrid may have 70-80M stash somewhere to buy him, let’s hope

Zlatattack

There are no guaranteed starters at Manchester United.

Anyone who wants to play every game at Manchester United, needs to excel game after game.

Rashford has been rubbish for a while and he's lucky he hasn't been warming the bench for longer.

Real Name

I wonder if this might be due to Sancho.

Sancho was bought as a plan to be our RW (was the main weakness of our squad last 2+ years) but has come in to play LW.

Martial got no game time due to Sancho at LW and Ronaldo at ST whilst arguably also being below Rashford & Cavani aswell so he ended up craving a loan.

Now Martial is gone but Rashford has to compete with Sancho for arguably his best and only position. He isnt getting games centrally over Ronaldo and Cavani whilst he is getting dropped for Elanga as a RW.

This is happening at the same time as when Greenwood is not our RW either.
You'd think he would fight for the position, not sulk all over the pitch.

AussieDevil

I genuinely never thought going into 2023 we could be without Greenwood, Rashford and Martial. But it’s for the best especially with Marcus. He hasnt been a good player for over 2 years, he has put up good stats prior to this year but for a player of his age he should be heading into his prime years. He isn’t great at dribbling, is hardly a playmaker, super inconsistent finisher and doesn’t even seem as fast as he was before. I made a comment years ago saying that for him to have a long career at United with his level of talent then he needs to be that player that gives his all on the pitch, does the little 1% things that coaches love and learn to be a great supporting player for the better players in the team, but he now thinks he is the second coming of Ronaldo with the way he walks around the pitch.

CM

He's got some cheek. Let him go if he pushes to leave, he's been shite for 2 years and has worked through every excuse under the sun to absolve himself of blame.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Liverpool would have sold him for £50m plus about two years ago and we would be bemoaning the fact they got such a good fee for an average player.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Maybe PSG? He is the perfect* replacement for Mbappe, Al-Khalefi!

* = Poundland replacement
If they'd go for it, but I'm not sure he has the kind of profile, in a footballing sense, that would resonate with them, tbh. Whereas for Newcastle, landing a golden boy with perhaps the highest off the pitch regard, would be absolutely perfect for their 'project'.

-Supreme-

I hope Lingard is off to Newcastle and that should help getting his best friend there.