Rashford considering his future...

Jezpeza

Like Shaw and Maguire, he’s been in pitiful form for some time. I believe that the talent is permanent. Somehow he needs to be got back into the form that made him a good player - as do others - whether its rest, training programmes, change of mentality needed, i’m not sure. We’ve seen DDG pick it back up this year. I’m not a believer of binning players just for bad form. I dont think filling the team with mediocre players who ‘work hard’ will yield much on the pitch either. If someone better comes in and puts them on the bench then thats okay its how you build a good squad but some people want to talk like hes on a level with bebe and should be binned.

on a side note, people need to use their noggins. Romano is cited as ‘credible’ because he has a source/leak at sky that means he usually beats them to transfer announcements by about 4 minutes. Other than that he basically makes stuff up like the rest. Sick to the back teeth this season of the ‘a source at man united’ ‘someone close to the club’ stories. Its like that bloke down the pub who tells obvious bullshit then denies accountability by saying he was told it by his mums brothers daughters friends dog. Pathetic really, and for some reason some of our fanbase really want to support the media that have loved nothing but to kick us when we are down for the last decade

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
For the love of god, please leave. Whats his market value these days ? PSG or Newcastle will probably still pay top dollars for him

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
So does this mean the club will give him a nice improved contract. Marcus you have to earn your place, maybe you need to look at yourself and your performances to see why you have not been playing. I am inclined to agree to an extent with OP that due to having such a good start, he was thrust into the limelight far too quickly for his own development.

KeanoMagicHat

I like Rashford but a change of scenery really might not do him any harm. Elanga has deserved to start over him recently, he puts in the sort of shift that Rashford doesn't. And Rashford's output isn't good enough to make up for that this season.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

Let’s make the decision even easier for him and just get rid. I find it hilarious he’s the one considering his future as if he’s been hard done by. He’s been garbage ever since he returned from injury.
Most people, given the circumstances, would feel as entitled as Rashford (presuming this is the case). Imagine being offered a top-earner's wages, just after a couple of years at entry-level status, because of your potential. And all this at a company where the employees, regardless of their performance, leave only if they want to. Why should he, or anyone else, bother? It wouldn't surprise me, when he discusses these matters with his agent and the people closest to him, if he told them that he's hard done by the club because they don't build the whole team around him. The club allowed him to think this way (again, if there's any truth to this leak).

Baneofthegame

Not really sure he can complain about his lack of game time, he’s been awful.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
You could replace Rashford's name with any of the current squad and I would be equally as apathetic.

Drz

I wonder if this might be due to Sancho.

Sancho was bought as a plan to be our RW (was the main weakness of our squad last 2+ years) but has come in to play LW.

Martial got no game time due to Sancho at LW and Ronaldo at ST whilst arguably also being below Rashford & Cavani aswell so he ended up craving a loan.

Now Martial is gone but Rashford has to compete with Sancho for arguably his best and only position. He isnt getting games centrally over Ronaldo and Cavani whilst he is getting dropped for Elanga as a RW.

This is happening at the same time as when Greenwood is not our RW either.
I don't think you are wrong, but it is Rashford's poor form that opened the door to giving Sancho time on the left wing.
In an ideal world where Rashford's pulling his weight on the left, the right side would be for Sancho and Elanga to fight for.

Regardless, his focus now should be on being useful to the team and a threat to the opposition whenever he does get minutes.
The total lack of professionalism of our squad is such that i don't even mind getting relegated if it means we can actually ditch the imposters in the squad.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I'm considering a future where we act like a professional modern football club on and off the pitch, we challenge for honours regularly and players and coaches are singing from the same hymn sheet working their fecking bollocks off to get success for United. If Marcus can sort his head out and be part of that, nice one, if not nice knowing him.

crossy1686

career ending
Confused and bemused about his position in the team?

Someone sit him down and show him his highlights from 2020 until now. Maybe then he'll understand why he's on the bench

mctrials23

Offer him a bumper new 5 year contract on £350k and then let him sit on the bench for the next 3 years until he leaves and we agree to pay his new club some of his wages.

Its the United way.

Chairman Steve

I’d like to think that Utd yet to make a decision with 15 months to go means they’re considering their options which is a good thing in my opinion. Usually it’s around the 18-24 month mark that renewals are handed out.

Maybe this leak to the press is one of frustration in Rashford‘s camp.

Wilt

Sell asap.

Don’t want another drawn out Pogba/Martial/Lingard situation… I want to stay, I don’t want to stay, I’ll leave on a free blah blah blah.

Swedish_Plumber

Shite like this consistently comes out after a terrible result. It’s a combination of the media out for blood but also our players being thick as mince and not really understanding the timing of things.

If this is some sort of play to get himself back in the team/a new contract then off you fecking pop Marcus. But if it’s genuine then it’s rather disappointing that he won’t stay to fight and improve. He hasn’t looked like he’s wanted to be here for a while.

Bwuk

I honestly think he’s finished as a player.

I said it before, he’s never been the same since he came back from his injuries. Maybe he can restart his career at a new club but don’t see it happening here anyway.

van Nistelrooy

Rashford has no reason to be confused about his position in this team. He doesn't deserve a place in the starting eleven and is lucky to make the bench.

The real issue now is his contract expiring in 2024. He's currently on 200k a week. Are we really going to offer him a pay rise to stay?

Get rid.

King_Cantona07

This is the summer to sell him for getting good value, good luck to him finding a club who will pay what he is going to ask. He seems to be on the downward journey, everything about him has regressed - touch, speed, dribbling, decision making all looks pub level now. We can add AWB and Maguire as bonus to the buying club.

GlasgowCeltic

What if Ole kept playing him because this is his reaction if he’s not in the team…he’s frighteningly quick with the media briefings

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.

I wonder what this means.

If this wasn't true, Rashford would refute it online.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
He probably would go to a team like West Ham/Newcastle/Everton which may be the best for his career to be fair.

L1nk

Get Newcastle to buy him at the earliest opportunity

BeerFueled

At the end of the day there's a good player in there somewhere and there's plenty to like about his play when he's on it, we've all seen it on enough occasions but the last few seasons have been an incredible drop off in form.

With his age, his contract status, his inability to get in the side and the situation at the club currently I can understand why someone would want to consider all their options when renewal talks come around. I'd struggle to believe that he's not motivated in training or is a bad influence around the place, I've always thought he's come across well and talk from the manager even in previous weeks has been that he works very hard on the training field but it's just not happening for him in games.

We know he has a lot of ambition with regards to playing for England (To our detriment over the summer, it appeared) so I don't think he'd be happy just being a bit part player here. Whether that comes down to ego or whatever is obviously down to personal interpretation but I'd like to think that going forward we won't be willing to accomodate players on the bench who are just happy to be bit part players whilst still coining in money far more befitting of a first team regular, so if that doesn't suit the player either then I certainly wouldn't complain.

Going forward for him, I think it's fair enough that for the first time in his career he's considering what his life would look like outside of Manchester United, he's had plenty of injuries over his short career and still played a lot of minutes, if the last couple of seasons have given him any doubts over his ability to stay fit and healthy then I could certainly empathise with him if he's concerned about wasting away his 'prime years' in a bit part role. We know (or at least, like to think) that the club will be having a serious change over the summer and the last thing that any player with serious ambitions in the game would want to do is tie themselves down to a long term deal with a manager that doesn't fancy them.

I'd like nothing more than for him to get back fit and firing but obviously with the resources the club has and the money at play with regards to performance based income (sponsors etc.) the club has to operate more on the basis of 'what have you done for me lately.'

Hopefully the club can have an honest conversation with him once they know what the managerial situation will be going forward, whether he's viewed by whoever comes in as an important piece, a bit part player or just not needed. Of course we'd love to see a local lad from the academy go on and spend their entire career here, but that has to be earned and we can't just keep players on the books for sentimental reasons, if he'd rather go elsewhere where he's guaranteed a bigger role I wouldn't begrudge him that, there will always be talented players coming through at Manchester United.

Reactions: Jippy
Biggest snake at the club. Been leaking and briefing consistently for nearly two years.

The best part of him going - if he does - will be the floodgates opening from United journalists.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Shame it hasn’t worked out but if he’s considering his options after being on the bench for 0.03 seconds, despite playing shit for 18 months, I think it’s best he does move on. That’s not the mentality we need.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He should go PSG to replace Mbappe. Try somewhere else if he's not willing to fight for his place, he's been poor for a while, but has had flashes of brilliance. Now they've dried up, he's completely lost his mojo, needs a change of scenery I think.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Looks like Rashford's team have realised they've made a mistake. Friendly journalist now carrying the line that its more complicated than reported and he realises his form hasn't been good.

FFS. They really think the fans are idiots and we can't see through this media handling bull.

CM

Implying a leak. Will be interesting if Neville sides with the club over Rashford.
Neville alluded to players leaking to the media a few weeks ago and he wasn't happy about it, so I would think so.

The choice of words from Rashford are also pretty insulting. He's been given every opportunity and fell well short so that's entirely on him.

Greck

You know the funny thing about this situation? This is the first time in his career he's facing almost no positional competition and he still can't hold down a place in the first team.

Quagmire Maguire

I really hope this is true but I know just like Jones, Lingard and countless others we will be stuck with him until his contract finally expires.

Unfortunately that will probably be many years away as we will likely offer him a bumper new contract with a huge pay rise as he has been in top form these last 2 years.

Personally I have never rated Rashford and I think him being lauded by the fans and the club and paid insane wages are the epitome of why we have become such a mediocre club. Him walking around the pitch, not caring and not contributing has been going on for a LOT longer than most seem to acknowledge or realise. The goals used to hide it, but without goals Rashford is a nothing player who isn't good at any part of the game. Another young player at United given way too much way too soon.

Greck

Looks like Rashford's team have realised they've made a mistake. Friendly journalist now carrying the line that its more complicated than reported and he realises his form hasn't been good.

FFS. They really think the fans are idiots and we can't see through this media handling bull.
They can also stop with this myth that everyone is in appalling form. Outside Ronaldo and Bruno our players are actually in okay form. They aren't very good but theirs is nothing like Rashford's where he's being a detriment.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I've never been sold on him and think he will only deteriorate further as a player because he seems to have lost his youthful exuberance and seems a bit slower too, which is what got him to where he is now. Not only that but he's been ruined by the fame and accolades that the club have brought his way, much to the detriment of his game.

I've heard stories that he's not really the nicest guy either and is very arrogant and rude, which I think also comes across in his demeanour and the way he plays. Basically, not a big fan and would actually love it if the club made an example of him and shipped him out. Would go a long way to getting some respect back for those running the show.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
His PR team have royally fecked up as this not the time to be releasing feelers to either the club nor the fans - what are they expecting back, an outpouring of support?

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
We'd be absolutely stupid to sell him. Granted, he's been awful this season but so have most of the team.

Like I said in another thread, he's one of the players that I'd like to see in a team/squad with a proper plan/strategy.

We can't sell everyone this summer. And even if we could, we're not going to sign 11+ replacements.

Lingard, Cavani, Mata, Pogba, Martial, Van de Beek and possibly Ronaldo will all be off in the summer. Even if some of their contributions (in terms of appearances and goals/assists) have been limited, that's a lot to replace already. We're already one player down (he who shall no longer be named).
You're also adding pressure on a youngster in Elanga to play 40 games next season.

In addition to that, you're probably also needing to sign at least one full back, a centre back and perhaps a new keeper. That's a lot to do in one window, I'm not sure Rashford is where I'd start.