Rashford considering his future...

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
[

I thought his PR people said only a couple of months ago, that he hadn’t done much of that charity work last year and almost none this season?
In the end, who cares. He himself needs to figure out where he sets his priorities and how much time he can dedicate for other projects. The fans judge is football performances on the pitch, and these have been shit for too long, and no PR agency can change that

UncleBob

Rashford has delivered consistently at the highest level. And then there is also context to be applied in the fact that we are talking about a player who has still been very young for the most part.

I don’t think I agree with your timeframes either, this season clearly sticks out and he’s never had a season like this before.

Despite this, if he leaves, he leaves - I wouldn’t cry if that’s what he wanted. I’m only questioning some of the retrospective assessments that are now being made of him. As will be shown if he does leave, because make no mistake, if he walks out of the door he’s going to Paris, Madrid or Barcelona or something - not Valencia or Roma. And that’s for a reason. He is held in high regard.
All of 2021 has been a massive let down, and he's hardly been much better in 2022 either, so we're getting fairly close to 16 months of generally being shit.
No way PSG, Madrid or Barcelona are spending big on him

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I'm considering not dating

All of 2021 has been a massive let down, and he's hardly been much better in 2022 either, so we're getting fairly close to 16 months of generally being shit.
That’s all good mate, but I wasn’t trying to date you!

AFC NimbleThumb

Woefully underdeveloped under Mourinho & OgS. Have never understood the bile from his own fans.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
This is so stupid and so utterly tone deaf that I almost don’t really believe it. Has to be planted by someone to stoke the post derby fires, surely. Nobody is this deluded.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
He’s a top footballer. Will be great elsewhere. Could play a lot of roles.

Could replace Vardy at Leicester. Or spend a year on the fringe at Liverpool or City and adapt to their systems. Or play overseas. He’s miles better than Tammy, Kean, an ancient Dzeko, He’s better than Memphis and he’s living his best life. He tears up lots of European leagues.

If he leaves, I hope he leaves England. He invests his heart in this country and to achieve his full potential he probably needs to not live with the day to day shit that this broken land brings his way.

That’s not a point of criticism. His work off the field is more important than kicking a ball, but it must be tough being him. I couldn’t do it.

He’s a talent that’s at a crossroads. He’d stay here and go full Shearer if he was starting. But that doesn’t make sense if he’s on the bench.

Smores

Woefully underdeveloped under Mourinho & OgS. Have never understood the bile from his own fans.
Whilst that's probably true it's also up to players to expand their own game. He's fixated on the same move that no longer works and that's all on him.

He's had plenty of mentors to work with yet it'd be a struggle to identify one thing he's improved on.

AneRu

Rashford has delivered consistently at the highest level. And then there is also context to be applied in the fact that we are talking about a player who has still been very young for the most part.

I don’t think I agree with your timeframes either, this season clearly sticks out and he’s never had a season like this before.

Despite this, if he leaves, he leaves - I wouldn’t cry if that’s what he wanted. I’m only questioning some of the retrospective assessments that are now being made of him. As will be shown if he does leave, because make no mistake, if he walks out of the door he’s going to Paris, Madrid or Barcelona or something - not Valencia or Roma. And that’s for a reason. He is held in high regard.
This is exactly why I want the club to dare him to try and walk away so that he and his horde of defenders will see exactly where he stands in the game. He has done well and I think he is salvageable but with the attitude he has shown over the past two months chances of doing that are slim.

If he wants clarification, the club should tell him to talk to any club willing to pay £50m for him and see how many, and the caliber of, clubs that will turn up for his signature. It's simply delusional to think that savvy clubs like Madrid, Munich, PSG or even Barcelona will queue up to sign him. Maybe if the shoe was on the other foot and he was playing for Madrid, in this run of form, Manchester United would be foolish enough to pick him up, guaranteed.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
We'd be absolutely stupid to sell him. Granted, he's been awful this season but so have most of the team.

Like I said in another thread, he's one of the players that I'd like to see in a team/squad with a proper plan/strategy.

We can't sell everyone this summer. And even if we could, we're not going to sign 11+ replacements.

Lingard, Cavani, Mata, Pogba, Martial, Van de Beek and possibly Ronaldo will all be off in the summer. Even if some of their contributions (in terms of appearances and goals/assists) have been limited, that's a lot to replace already. We're already one player down (he who shall no longer be named).
You're also adding pressure on a youngster in Elanga to play 40 games next season.

In addition to that, you're probably also needing to sign at least one full back, a centre back and perhaps a new keeper. That's a lot to do in one window, I'm not sure Rashford is where I'd start.
What strategy involves him walking around like he can't be bothered?

romufc

Whilst that's probably true it's also up to players to expand their own game. He's fixated on the same move that no longer works and that's all on him.

He's had plenty of mentors to work with yet it'd be a struggle to identify one thing he's improved on.
I am done blaming the managers for the players failures. He's had Ole and Jose, I am sure I read about Ole working on Rashford's finising, its no different to when he started.

He's worked with Zlatan, Ronaldo who are two goats of the game. Then there have been strikers like Lukaku, Cavani yet he has not expanded his game.

Its totally on him, no one else to blame here.

Castia

He’s out of the side due to his form he’s been awful. That’s on him.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
This is exactly why I want the club to dare him to try and walk away so that he and his horde of defenders will see exactly where he stands in the game. He has done well and I think he is salvageable but with the attitude he has shown over the past two months chances of doing that are slim.

If he wants clarification, the club should tell him to talk to any club willing to pay £50m for him and see how many, and the caliber of, clubs that will turn up for his signature. It's simply delusional to think that savvy clubs like Madrid, Munichx PSG or even Barcelona will queue up to sign him. Maybe if the shoe was on the other foot and he was playing for Madrid, in this run of form, Manchester United would be foolish to pick him up, guaranteed.
They will be interested because they are not stupid and don’t follow every target based on some month to month form guide.

Like United, clubs interested in Rashford would have followed him for years. The likes of Madrid, PSG, Barcelona etc have probably had an interest since he was in our academy, and having watched him for many years, are not going to be concerned by some poor form at 24, unless it was injury related. For clubs with long term vision, moments like this are looked at as opportunity to get a target of long term interest if anything, because under normal circumstances, clubs would have never thought they would be able to get Marcus Rashford from Manchester United.

You say £50m, I reckon we would get 9 figures for him.

UncleBob

They will be interested because they are not stupid and don’t follow every target based on some month to month form guide.

Like United, clubs interested in Rashford would have followed him for years. The likes of Madrid, PSG, Barcelona etc have probably had an interest since he was in our academy, and having watched him for many years, are not going to be concerned by some poor form at 24, unless it was injury related. For clubs with long term vision, moments like this are looked at as opportunity to get a target of long term interest if anything, because under normal circumstances, clubs would have never thought they would be able to get Marcus Rashford from Manchester United.

:lol:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
For whatever reason, I can see him going to Italy.

Red_Aaron

With 18 months left on his deal this kind of story is pretty standard negotiation tactics. Timing looks off but I doubt some of the agents and money men involved in stirring up shit will even be aware of our form.

They'll be the usual range of stories over the remainder of the season from both his team and the club themselves but I've no doubt they'll eventually arrive at an agreement and he'll sign an extension. Marcus is very highly thought of at the club and he'll want to stay I'm sure.

I expect him to be one of our most important players over the next few seasons under what I hope is a new progressive manager

AneRu

:lol: Hilarious and delusional at the same time, like I said if the club had smart football men making decisions they would allow him to talk to potential suitors, even if it's just to cut his ego to size. This is not just a month to month form guide, it's a sustained decline over a year of football.

Dorris

This is laughable

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
:lol: Hilarious and delusional at the same time, like I said if the club had smart football men making decisions they would allow him to talk to potential suitors, even if it's just to cut his ego to size. This is not just a month to month form guide, it's a sustained decline over a year of football.
Hahaha, hilarious.

:lol:

He should be focused on working as hard as he can to put in better performances. He should be very worried about his lack of game time as he is a complete shadow from when he first burst onto the scene

Pughnichi

Another question to ask…are the club failing their youth players.

Morrison, Greenwood, Rashford we all supposed generational talent.

We couldn’t stamp out Ravel’s ill behaviour and more recently Rashford and Greenwood are so self entitled now that they either feel they’ve made it and don’t look interested or have the power over others to treat them how they wish.

Extends further back when we start talking about Giggs and his misdemeanours.

these are young lads who from the age of 10 are told they are amazing and can have anything they want/need.

surely we should (and I’m not suggesting we don’t but perhaps it needs more attention) be teaching of a bit of morality and nurturing their character to be respectful and humble.

instead we get videos of Lingard frankly being an imbecile on a bus or in a hotel room.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
What strategy involves him walking around like he can't be bothered?
There's wider issues at play here. For one, I don't think he's been fully fit for a while and probably pained through a lot of pain when we had nobody else.

Out of the current crop of c***s, he's the one I'd give another chance to once a new manager comes in. Perhaps its the romantic in me, but I just find giving up on of our own so quickly really sad. Genuine world class players have struggled at United and will continue to do until the culture of the club is changed for the better.

AndySmith1990

About time we ship out players who aren't cutting it instead of hanging on to them forever. No exceptions.

Castia

Oh feck off Marcus.

No Martial, Cavani, Ronaldo, Greenwood and you’re sitting on the bench for a 19 year old out of the reserves tells you everything you need to know you’ve been fecking dog shit all season.

Oldyella

Another question to ask…are the club failing their youth players.

Morrison, Greenwood, Rashford we all supposed generational talent.

We couldn’t stamp out Ravel’s ill behaviour and more recently Rashford and Greenwood are so self entitled now that they either feel they’ve made it and don’t look interested or have the power over others to treat them how they wish.

Extends further back when we start talking about Giggs and his misdemeanours.

these are young lads who from the age of 10 are told they are amazing and can have anything they want/need.

surely we should (and I’m not suggesting we don’t but perhaps it needs more attention) be teaching of a bit of morality and nurturing their character to be respectful and humble.

instead we get videos of Lingard frankly being an imbecile on a bus or in a hotel room.
I can't believe you are lumping Rashford in with Greenwood and Morrison..

Abraxas

I would agree with most of the OP, the only thing I'd say is I think it's about time to forget about him being "overplayed" by Ole. That may have been true and may have adversely affected his form for that season, but there is no possible way a young player can continually hang his hat on that particular line of reasoning.

He's a young man, he plays for one of the biggest clubs in the world. At some point you have to get back on the horse and produce, otherwise what are we saying, that Ole ruined him by making him play too many football matches for a few months? That's unfathomable, it can only go so far.

What we're seeing is a player that isn't totally committed to the idea thay need to prove that they deserve a place. His performances stink of that. He meanders around until he gets the ball at his feet, at which point he's so undercooked mentally that he inevitably fluffs his lines. I don't doubt his confidence is low but that's a vicious circle because he's not approaching it in the right mannet to give himself a chance. At this point it seems hard to imagine this season changing for him, best case scenario is the new manager connects with him.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Good, hope he goes. ENough's enough, his departure would be a bonus not a detriment. Let some other club try and accommodate Rashford FC. His meteoric rise has all the features of a financial bubble, hype, speculation and poor management. Could maybe be sorted out at the club over time, why bother though? There's simply bigger fish to fry and you could pick up a player who performs as well as the current incarnation of Rashford for £20m or less.

Josh 76

Oh feck off Marcus.

No Martial, Cavani, Ronaldo, Greenwood and you’re sitting on the bench for a 19 year old out of the reserves tells you everything you need to know you’ve been fecking dog shit all season.
Haha
Hard to disagree

Verward

If a board has to make a statement and show the world that they have learnt from their mistakes then they must sell him this summer.
It'll be sad to see him go but unfortunately due to mismanagement his career has deteriorated and I don't think he has future at United.

Nickelodeon

Assuming the reports are true and our budget is going to be around 50 mil in the summer, we need to have smart sells with cheaper yet better replacements.

A smarter club like Chelsea have handled their youth sales could get 50 mil out of Rashford. The same can be invested in an Nkunku who could arguably be better. Theoretically, this sounds Fifa-esque but other clubs have made wise money out of peaked potential starlets.

Oranges038

Given how his development as a player has gone. He should really consider his future as a footballer and not just a Utd player.

He's been in awful form for almost 2 years and is concerned about a lack of playing time. I think it's concerning that you can be on the money he is on, play shit, get dropped, get more chances, continue to play shit and then moan about not getting played.

pseudo_canadian

This is so stupid and so utterly tone deaf that I almost don’t really believe it. Has to be planted by someone to stoke the post derby fires, surely. Nobody is this deluded.
I think you underestimate how big the egos are of professional athletes and also combined with how they’re usually not very bright.