Rashford considering his future...

studs

He has been playing bad for a long time now, he has gotten used to it. Let him go to where ever wants, as long as he's not here running into blind ally's.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
You cannot have been watching United during Ferguson's years. I just refuse to believe someone seeing his teams' performances can put Rashford on such a pedestal.

The guy is basically a faster and more marketable Welbeck.
He is considerably better than Welbeck, and has been ‘more marketable’ than Welbeck for many years, because he is considerably better than Welbeck.

But not in the last week, which is what matters.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
He is considerably better than Welbeck, and has been ‘more marketable’ than Welbeck for many years, because he is considerably better than Welbeck.

What is this language you're using where last week means last two years?

RedBanker

I love you Ole
He should consider his future in football tbh. Will be incredibly sad to see him end up playing at a lower level, when he promised so much at one point of time.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
:lol:

He's considering his future with us? Hilarious. Hopefully he decides to leave.

mctrials23

The club will panic and offer him a bumper new deal.
I'm not sure it will be a panic, it will just be the usual sums they do. Is he marketable? Yes. Is he still quite young? Yes. Is he good on social media and does he play well with sponsors and fans? Yes. Is he currently a United player? Yes.

New bumper deal.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
It's not that unusual for young players to have poor spells, especially in a career as dynamic and intense as his, and I'd absolutely not give up on this wonderful player; but it's not really "bemusing" that he'd find himself on the bench considering how poorly he has performed for a while now.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
I'm not sure it will be a panic, it will just be the usual sums they do. Is he marketable? Yes. Is he still quite young? Yes. Is he good on social media and does he play well with sponsors and fans? Yes. Is he currently a United player? Yes.

New bumper deal.
I think this is bit exaggerated for Rashford. Dont think anyone pays that much attention to him outside England.

GMoore23

Welbeck was a good player for us and rarely let us down in a big game. He just wasn't a finisher but played his heart out for us.
Give me a young Welbeck over any one of our current forwards. A bunch of entitled lazy cnuts they are.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
What is this language you're using where last week means last two years?
Two seasons ago he posted a 21 goal season and was brilliant, with plenty of talk about our amazing front 3 of Rashford, Martial and Greenwood. Last season he was performing in the main before injury set in. He was the top scorer in the CL until we were eliminated. Your maths is similarly questionable.

It’s extremely easy to make sweeping statements like ‘he’s been poor for 2 years’ when he is in a terrible spell. He’s had some ups and downs last season in particular, but he’s generally played well and had some injury problems. He’s had a rough 12 months, which have included poor form, some better form, and injuries. I don’t think that’s enough to dismiss him at the age of 24 personally.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I hope PSG are stupid enough to offer us 60-70m.
Newcastle would probably throw stupid money at him to be the face of their rebuild, if he'd be willing to go there. The obvious issue though is that his main position is also Saint Maximin's main position, and he probably their one current player that they'd be desperate to keep happy.

AneRu

Two seasons ago he posted a 21 goal season and was brilliant, with plenty of talk about our amazing front 3 of Rashford, Martial and Greenwood. Last season he was performing in the main before injury set in. He was the top scorer in the CL until we were eliminated. Your maths is similarly questionable.

It’s extremely easy to make sweeping statements like ‘he’s been poor for 2 years’ when he is in a terrible spell. He’s had some ups and downs last season in particular, but he’s generally played well and had some injury problems. He’s had a rough 12 months, which have included poor form, some better form, and injuries. I don’t think that’s enough to dismiss him at the age of 24 personally.
But it's enough no to guarantee him an undeserved starting spot or the new contract that his entourage is not so subtly begging for with these leaks that unsurprisingly talk about how long he has left on his deal. Two years ago he was on the up but he let the hype and the manager's indulgence get into his head and these are the results.

You come on into a derby with your boyhood club under siege, you amble around the pitch like you are Lionel Messi and have the temerity to question the manager's selection? It's fecking nonsense and Ralf's biggest mistake here has been indulging a lot of these underperfomers. At this rate Marcus shouldn't be making the squad given how disinterested he looks when he gets on the pitch.

Hammondo

Newcastle would probably throw stupid money at him to be the face of their rebuild, if he'd be willing to go there. The obvious issue though is that his main position is also Saint Maximin's main position, and he probably their one current player that they'd be desperate to keep happy.
Newcastle is a good shout surely.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time

Rashford's general form has been poor ever since the lockdown which happened while he was having surgery on his back injury. He still managed to get a good amount of goals and assists for the 12 months following that, but it was obvious that he was getting those final moments despite his poor form, not because he was playing well. Being able to get goals and assists even when you aren't playing well is a great ability in the short-term, but it's not sustainable. Either he was going to kick back into form, or the goals would eventually dry up. Unfortunately not only is it the latter, but his form has gotten even worse.

Irwin99

Some very good points although I wonder how much of his form was down to the system Ole employed and the absolutely rapid counter attacks and transitions we did back then-the ball 'over the top' to Rashford was the go to tactic at times. What i'm saying is, if you play a certain way then Rashford can look very good, but i'm not sure many other times would find the same use for him.

The whole lazy accusation is strange to me because he was a hell of a worker before those back injuries. I'm not making excuses for him but i can't help but think he was overplayed and hasn't been right since.

Jonty

I hope PSG are stupid enough to offer us 60-70m.
On current form I can't see anyone offering anywhere near that, and PSG have been championing free transfers of late although losing Mbappe could potentially change that track.

With only a year left on his contract and an option to extend I would hold onto him and see how he performs when the likes of Lingard etc have been moved on. If he is still stuck in this rut by January then it would be best to move on.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
But it's enough no to guarantee him an undeserved starting spot or the new contract that his entourage is not so subtly begging for with these leaks that unsurprisingly talk about how long he has left on his deal. Two years ago he was on the up but he let the hype and the manager's indulgence get into his head and these are the results.

You come on into a derby with your boyhood club under siege, you amble around the pitch like you are Lionel Messi and have the temerity to question the manager's selection? It's fecking nonsense and Ralf's biggest mistake here has been indulging a lot of these underperfomers. At this rate Marcus shouldn't be making the squad given how disinterested he looks when he gets on the pitch.
These are not questions I answered or points I contested. I speak against the typical haste to paint him as some sort of terrible, or even average footballer.If he is not playing well he shouldn’t start, and if he leaves he leaves, but we won’t be losing some no-mark if he left and we would easily get more than £50m for him. Even the opening bids would be higher, because he is respected across the continent and considered a top forward.

As I said, to have the conversation today, on the caf, you will read plenty of exaggeration. Today even Danny Welbeck is apparently better! He’s not playing well, but there’s nothing to suggest that once his mind is straight he will not perform again. He’s lost no physical attributes .

SER19

You can only shake your head in disbelief. He should be waking every morning thanking God we were insane enough to give him the contract we did. Possibly our worst performer over the last 18 months, makes me cry out for an ageing Antonio Valencia

Someone

Something
Really disappointing reading leaks from his camp when he knows very well that his form has been terrible. I don't understand what's expected from Ralf or the Club here?

Club needs to be more brutal in how we handle renewals in the future. We almost never cut our losses. It's not normal for anyone to be out of form for years. The entitlement within this group of players is astonishing.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Why does everyone automatically assume that because a player is concerned about a lack of game time that they feel they are entitled to that game time?

A player can feel concerned about game time yet still feel they have to work for it!

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
His team don't do him any favours. His reps have gone running to every journalist in the land.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I miss the good days of players realizing that they can correct any issues with playing time by simply putting in more effort towards improving their form. I expected different from Rashford.

Son

Rashford is a great lad and an inspiration to for all the academy graduates. Sadly though we are a football team and he doesn’t really fit the way we want to play.

He’s 100% been one of our best academy graduates ever but it doesn’t excuse the pretty sheer drop off in his form / career last 18 months. Sometimes it’s best for everyone if we get some money to change the structure of the side and a new challenge for the player.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Funny how Dave, Sancho and Bruno (our best players) not considering future but players like Ronaldo and Rashford do. Who is next? Maguire? McT?

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I dont really care what people think of me for saying it - but I will miss him if he goes.

He has been a good United player from the academy but maybe his time is up here for different reasons.

MileStolar

I remember when he was an upcoming talent in his first few seasons he wouldn't stop running, FIFA had his work rates high/high. Greenwood too in his first season he would always bust a gut. But after some time they thought they're stars who are there to score goals without chasing balls and closing down players.

Seems like our dressing room has a certain kind of affliction that affects players who come in and instead of nurturing positive and competitive mentality it drowns it. We're a player graveyard. How many promising players stopped their development here post Fergie. How many excellent set piece takers who we were expecting to fix our delivery from those situations went on to be total disappointment on dead bad delivery.

Sorry about the grim post, this season has broken me, actually it was last season that cracked me, this one just completely shattered my passion for the game...

AneRu

These are not questions I answered or points I contested. I speak against the typical haste to paint him as some sort of terrible, or even average footballer.If he is not playing well he shouldn’t start, and if he leaves he leaves, but we won’t be losing some no-mark if he left and we would easily get more than £50m for him. Even the opening bids would be higher, because he is respected across the continent and considered a top forward.

As I said, to have the conversation today, on the caf, you will read plenty of exaggeration. Today even Danny Welbeck is apparently better! He’s not playing well, but there’s nothing to suggest that once his mind is straight he will not perform again. He’s lost no physical attributes .
He is deservedly not starting and he has resorted to nasty leaks, threats and manipulation what does that say about his attitude? Remember this is his boyhood club that has given him the platform to earn fortune and fame and how does he treat the same club when he hasn't been pulling his end of the bargain for over a year?

Instead of working hard and putting in the required effort his reaction to adversity is running off his mouth in the media against the manager, really? At a time like this too? Well the best in Europe can have him if that's the attitude he is going to have but he won't last because the protections afforded to him here won't be there in Madrid, fat chance of that happening because as I said he currently plays for the only club enamored by past glories enough to waste money on someone like him.

reddevilz007

Another crybaby not ready to fight for his place, takes everything for granted. Bye Rashy!

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I don’t want to give up on him easily but if there is a good offer comes in which could possibly be from PSG and Rashford himself is considering to leave, time to sell. We need a fresh start and in my opinion only Bruno, Sancho, and Varane are the ones I consider worth kept for our starting XI if we want to win major trophies. The rest are just not good enough or only good for backup. Given how big Rashford wages is, he shouldn’t be a backup player.

wolvored

His actual value maybe around 50 mil but we should charge English tax for him. 80 mil at least.
Who is going to pay that? We would be lucky to get half that.
Put it another way if he was at Spurs and they wanted 80 mill would you want Utd to buy him?

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
This has me convinced he is one of the leaks in the dressing room. You can sniff the stench of entitlement all over it.

FerociousCorgis

if a big offer comes in from a foreign team or even newcastle within would look to sell. If ETH comes in and we can sell rashford for 80 plus or something can bring in 2-3 players that ETH might like that fit his system in. Would require this team to actually be willing to move people on though before their value tanks. Could easily move players like rashford/maguire/awb for at least decent money to bring in players that fit a certain system. just need to stop overpaying for english mediocre talent and can easily find the value in the market. Selling those 3 could easily get enough money to revamp the squad if spent wisely-not even taking into account the other high earners that are set to leave.