Rashford considering his future...

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Most of us agree with Rashford. Jose was a wanker and Ole wasn't a good coach. His comments are hardly damning.

During the last two seasons:

20/21 - Played 57 Goals 21 Ass 12
19/20 - Played 44 Goals 22 Ass 8

I picked a random player who plays a similar role. Stats for Hueng Min Son over the same two seasons:

20/21 - Played 51 Goals 22 Ass 14
19/20 - Played 43 Goals 18 Ass 13

Yet our fanbase are saying Rashford has been awful for 2 years, despite performing at a very similar standard to one of the Spurs star players - who quite frankly - most of us would welcome at Old Trafford.

Rashford is currently shit and his attitude isn't good enough. But he's proved that he could be a real asset to a capable manager. I agree he also needs to pipe down - but we aren't selling our biggest asset whilst changing managers.

He's coming into the last year of his contract and it's time to sign a new deal. These are the same tactics we've seen a thousand times before.
Stats need to be laid out in their entirety for critical analysis.

Where is the running stats? Pass completion? Ground covered ? Loss of the ball? Break down attacks?

Fact is Rashford hasnt been playing well for a very long time and using goal and assist stats to argue he is somehow contributing enough is no good.
When you consider the average season is 50+ games his return is below average, especially when you consider multiple goals in games. Its padding the outlook somewhat.
Comparison to other players is political deflection, Son doesnt play for United so his stats dont matter when all we care about is what Rashford is doing. Matters not a jot that Son or whoever is or isnt doing what ever.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
How have we not :lol:
He plays from wider areas, which is what he wants. A lot of his poor performances come from his most preferred position, he's gotten away with not needing to track back as much and he's still shite. He looks worse after he had his surgery too. He had managers protecting him well too.

We have not failed Rashford whastoever. Rashford is failing Rashford, and he needs to turn it around.
Well first you are talking of an environment.

Rashford's coaching has come from Mourinho Ole and Rangnick - 2 who are below average coaches from their CV.

Then, Rashford has played through injury for nearly a full season. Again not the best of environment.

Then there is an bad egotistical raising that happens at United - from Greenwood saying poor things to his partner to Rashford becoming big headed too; things like work rate of Wan Bissaka is seen by this potential egotistical raising too.

Then this season - the whole club has been crying for a RW and the whole fan base cries for who? Sancho.

All well and good.. but what happens? We go from arguably planning to play

Rashford- Greenwood- Sancho
As our main tactic, to signing a legendary 37 year old which puts Greenwood back at RW and then Sancho moving to LW.

Then Greenwood goes and then Rashford comes back as a RW because now a 80 million player like sancho isn't being played in the position he bought for.

Rashford is shit and oTT but I am mot believing like this United was a good environment for anyone -

As others have said, not a single player has improved here post SAF, the closest is arguably Fred and Lindelof which says a lot. Then you have players like di Maria moving due to this club and its environment too.

RORY65

No one has said this. We're looking at the failure of Rashford here, and I don't think the club have failed him. His poor form is on him. When he was rightly benched he hasn't taken to it well and we're seeing leaks of him considering his future. I don't like the entitlement there, he should take this as a sign to work harder rather than complain about lack of playing time.
I don't like the leaks either and I've said that he needs to be more engaged in games and apply himself, I fundamentally agree with you in how I want him to react to losing his place, but my objection is to you arguing that the club haven't failed as well when there's a reason that we've got to this stage in the first place. It's a failure of the club that the coaching team in place has been subpar in recent years so the flaws in his game haven't been fixed sooner and it was a failure of squad building and recruitment that meant that more than once we have forced Rashford to play through serious injuries.

I'm still hopeful that Rashford can turn this around, as I've said previously players don't score 17 goals in a league season unless they have serious talent, but it's going to require the club to get the right manager in and for Rashford to fully buy into that manager's vision.

edgecutter

I don't like the leaks either and I've said that he needs to be more engaged in games and apply himself, I fundamentally agree with you in how I want him to react to losing his place, but my objection is to you arguing that the club haven't failed as well when there's a reason that we've got to this stage in the first place. It's a failure of the club that the coaching team in place has been subpar in recent years so the flaws in his game haven't been fixed sooner and it was a failure of squad building and recruitment that meant that more than once we have forced Rashford to play through serious injuries.

I'm still hopeful that Rashford can turn this around, as I've said previously players don't score 17 goals in a league season unless they have serious talent, but it's going to require the club to get the right manager in and for Rashford to fully buy into that manager's vision.
I'm hoping he can tiurn it around, but we are in a situation where we have to make a decision on this guy and right now he is overpaid bang out of form player. We let players remain here too long and we need to start looking at cashing in while he still has some stock in the game.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

Rashford's coaching has come from Mourinho Ole and Rangnick - 2 who are below average coaches from their CV.
Rangnick isn't below average. That's rather daft. Even if you consider him having no "big club" experience, the work he did at Hoffenheim, Shalke and Leipzig was strong.
Then, Rashford has played through injury for nearly a full season. Again not the best of environment.
I've addressed this - he looks worse after his recovery. Not sure how you can riddle out of that one.
Then there is an bad egotistical raising that happens at United - from Greenwood saying poor things to his partner to Rashford becoming big headed too; things like work rate of Wan Bissaka is seen by this potential egotistical raising too.
An egotistical thing which you cant rule out Rashford not contributing to. He didn't play the derby after some time out the team and BBC + others have reported he is considering his future. That's a tier 1 leak from his camp because he hasn't been playing. The entitlement reflects poorly on him.
Then this season - the whole club has been crying for a RW and the whole fan base cries for who? Sancho.

As our main tactic, to signing a legendary 37 year old which puts Greenwood back at RW and then Sancho moving to LW.

Then Greenwood goes and then Rashford comes back as a RW because now a 80 million player like sancho isn't being played in the position he bought for.

Rashford is shit and oTT but I am mot believing like this United was a good environment for anyone -

As others have said, not a single player has improved here post SAF, the closest is arguably Fred and Lindelof which says a lot. Then you have players like di Maria moving due to this club and its environment too.
No football is kindergarden. Players aren't going to get their every wish at top clubs unless you're Leo Messi or Mbappe. You adapt - like Ziyech had to, like Leroy Sane has had to do with Bayern, like Mahrez did to City, like Firminho had to with Liverpool.

You can't play every game, you can't always play in the positions you want. But you work hard and you keep your head down, and when you come on just don't be shit for prolonged periods. Even being average is contributing. But Rashford has been too shit, for too long, and its on him.

Sick and tired of people drafting out formations where he'd flourish when you can see games of him not bothering to put one foot in front of the other, take stupid shots from silly distances or fail to beat a man. That has feck all to do with left wing or right wing or personnnel. You shouldn't need a manager to teach you these basic things at the age of 24. He's far closer to turning into a Theo Walcott than a Raheem Sterling and that's got feck all to do with how we're playing him.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Rangnick isn't below average. That's rather daft. Even if you consider him having no "big club" experience, the work he did at Hoffenheim, Shalke and Leipzig was strong.

I've addressed this - he looks worse after his recovery. Not sure how you can riddle out of that one.

An egotistical thing which you cant rule out Rashford not contributing to. He didn't play the derby after some time out the team and BBC + others have reported he is considering his future. That's a tier 1 leak from his camp because he hasn't been playing. The entitlement reflects poorly on him.

No football is kindergarden. Players aren't going to get their every wish at top clubs unless you're Leo Messi or Mbappe. You adapt - like Ziyech had to, like Leroy Sane has had to do with Bayern, like Mahrez did to City, like Firminho had to with Liverpool.

You can't play every game, you can't always play in the positions you want. But you work hard and you keep your head down, and when you come on just don't be shit for prolonged periods. Even being average is contributing. But Rashford has been too shit, for too long, and its on him.

Sick and tired of people drafting out formations where he'd flourish when you can see games of him not bothering to put one foot in front of the other, take stupid shots from silly distances or fail to beat a man. That has feck all to do with left wing or right wing or personnnel. You shouldn't need a manager to teach you these basic things at the age of 24. He's far closer to turning into a Theo Walcott than a Raheem Sterling and that's got feck all to do with how we're playing him.
Brilliant post this tbf

Corridor of Uncertainty

Hear hear!

RORY65

I'm hoping he can tiurn it around, but we are in a situation where we have to make a decision on this guy and right now he is overpaid bang out of form player. We let players remain here too long and we need to start looking at cashing in while he still has some stock in the game.
There's so many players that we'd happily get rid of though, unless a crazy offer came in (in which case everyone is available) then he'd be lower down the list than the likes of Cavani, Martial, Lingard and Ronaldo (although who would take him?) when just considering the attacking players.

AndySmith1990

I hope we're not still here in 5 years clinging on to the hope that he'll become a good player again because he once scored 17 goals in a season. It feels like the sort of thing we'd do.

Bebestation

And how isnt Rangnick average? Is Van Gaal world class for you?

Van gaal was a different level to Rangnick in management and is only big due to his own philosophy.

And again, who exactly has improved as a player here at United?

Any young players? Absolutely crap all.

Ultimately, the fans can't complain about the Glazers and their lack of ability to run the club to a decent level and then start complaining about how players like Rashford has had perfect environments :lol:

That's just like cutting back on the negatives all the Glazers get.

Right now Rashford is the result of a bad environment and not a good environment.

If you cant see that then fine, that literally makes Rashford an odd one out performing bad in a good environment rather than a bad player performing in a Bad environment.

Literally the players you mention in your post are being managed by Tuchel, Klopp and Pep :lol: then acting like that's a good environment we have!

My lord. The difference is huge.

izzydiggler

If he does genuinely want to go, move him on. On the pitch, he's been largely awful for a long time now...probably best all round that he moves on.

honirelandboy

The funny thing is Rashford probably thinks the likes of Real Madrid, Chelsea, Bayern, Juventus will be in bidding wars for him.

You get a MBE Rashford well done, not put your free time into getting back to been a decent footballer.

LoneStar

I know the press are manipulating his words. But even just the interview was a strong statement from Ralf. It should be a message to every single player in the club. If you don’t want to be in the club, you can feck off.

I would absolutely not miss the current Rashford if he leaves. In fact, it might free up some wages for getting a young attacker who can actually contribute on the pitch. He’s been in terrible form recently, and while I do believe he’ll get better (or at least can get better) again, he’s not a world beater.

All these players in recent times seem terribly entitled for a bunch who have won absolutely nothing of significance in their careers. Imagine their egos if we actually go on to win the PL or the CL. They’ll probably be at the door the next day asking for tripling their salaries.

Olva

He has had more than enough chances. We need to get rid of players like him, lazy ans doesn`t care.
Why wait for a new manager? So he can play decently for a few monts until he decides he doesn`t fancy it again?
He is being so unprofessional on the pitch that I can`t understand why people would want him at the club at all.

AndySmith1990

Van gaal was a different level to Rangnick in management and is only big due to his own philosophy.

Ultimately, the fans can't complain about the Glazers and their lack of ability to run the club to a decent level and then start complaining about how players like Rashford has had perfect environments :lol:

Right now Rashford is the result of a bad environment and not a good environment.

If you cant see that then fine, that literally makes Rashford an odd one out performing bad in a good environment rather than a bad player performing in a Bad environment.

Literally the players you mention in your post are being managed by Tuchel, Klopp and Pep :lol: then acting like that's a good environment we have!

All you are doing is the same shit that people have been pulling for years; shifting blame and responsibility from their favourite player onto someone else. Enough of it already. Rashford is failing because of Rashford.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin

Really good post.

Devil’s Trident

You might be too stubborn or might not realise but you are having a mare here. Everyone is seeing it. Have a lie down or log off for sometime.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
No hun, Glazers are the best. They make the best Environment :lol:
We are talking grownups here, not a squad of under-12. Rashford is wayy past "development". Knock that idea out of your head. He is a senior player, expected to be a professional. Unless he is played out of position (no) or in wrong formation (no) or not given enough minutes (also no) there is not anything he should need to play well.

The players not giving a feck and not doing what they should have learned at the age of 14 is not poor coaching. We have shit, demotivated squad of primadonnas. Need to clean house but I get a sense RR is banned from doing that

Bebestation

We are talking grownups here, not a squad of under-12. Rashford is wayy past "development". Knock that idea out of your head. He is a senior player, expected to be a professional. Unless he is played out of position (no) or in wrong formation (no) or not given enough minutes (also no) there is not anything he should need to play well.

The players not giving a feck and not doing what they should have learned at the age of 14 is not poor coaching. We have shit, demotivated squad of primadonnas. Need to clean house but I get a sense RR is banned from doing that
And why do you think this has anything to do with me protecting Rashford?

I think he is shit now just like everyone else but your talking like he was 24 for ever when that was not the case.

Whilst he was young or even this season, I have seen people complain about
  • Our scouts and bad investments
  • Our lack of system and style of play
  • Our lack of coaches and coaching and how one of our main coaches was Carrick for nearly a decade
  • Our over paying of players and wages leading to a raised ego
  • Our change of managers from going from possesion football to park the bus football to Ole's individualism to now Gegenpressing
  • Our bad managers past their prime with average tactics
  • Holding on to players for too long like Lingard or now Rashford

I can go on and on. I'm not here protecting Rashford- I'm here saying that United has a shit environment and this leads to players becoming big headed or simply not improving as players.

We have seen this with Shaw, Rashford, Martial, Bailly, Henderson, Wan Bissaka, Dalot, McTominay, Greenwood, Rashford, Pogba WC vs United version - who the hell has improved here? People are arguing if this is Bruno's worst season and if he has regressed. Such a great environment it is. De gea has been here 10 years and hasn't improved one bit to come off his line and then people are crying that Rashford has the best coaching and environment that should have seen him improve as a player too.

Again, I'm not backing Rashford- I'm just not even close to believing that United as a club is a good place to be and that its being run to some sort of good environment.

Exmanc

Rashford mirrors the team at the moment, sometimes brilliant but this season mainly listless and shambolic. All Utd fans are really supportive of our players coming through the youth system, but it sounds like that a majority fans think ..let him go.
Is there any player that has come through as a world class player from the Utd system over a period of more than 5 years since ’1992’ kids?

hobbers

Points 1 and 3 are pretty vile opinions.

If a failed footballer leaves a club with ambitions to not be failures, how is that a negative?

And his off-pitch voice (and obsession with his public image) is one of his biggest problems, not something to use to get him to stay.

GlasgowCeltic

No one has said this. We're looking at the failure of Rashford here, and I don't think the club have failed him. His poor form is on him. When he was rightly benched he hasn't taken to it well and we're seeing leaks of him considering his future. I don't like the entitlement there, he should take this as a sign to work harder rather than complain about lack of playing time.
Considering what we’ve seen since I do wonder how Rashford and his team would’ve reacted if Ole had taken him out of the team for an extended spell, as everyone was asking for.

DSG

I think he is shit now just like everyone else but your talking like he was 24 for ever when that was not the case.

• Our lack of coaches and coaching and how one of our main coaches was Carrick for nearly a decade
  • Our change of managers from going from possesion football to park the bus football to Ole's individualism to now Gegenpressing

I can go on and on. I'm not here protecting Rashford- I'm here saying that United has a shit environment and this leads to players becoming big headed or simply not improving as players.

We have seen this with Shaw, Rashford, Martial, Bailly, Henderson, Wan Bissaka, Dalot, McTominay, Greenwood, Rashford, Pogba WC vs United version - who the hell has improved here? People are arguing if this is Bruno's worst season and if he has regressed. Such a great environment it is. De gea has been here 10 years and hasn't improved one bit to come off his line and then people are crying that Rashford has the best coaching and environment that should have seen him improve as a player too.

Again, I'm not backing Rashford- I'm just not even close to believing that United as a club is a good place to be and that its being run to some sort of good environment.
Don’t take it personally, mate.

There is a myopic group on the Caf that believes that Ralf is the second coming of SAF. Everything that is wrong with our results and our performances is down to the players with zero accountability to the coaching staff and the management/board. Bizarre, I know.

I believe Rashford has some responsibility for his poor form, but getting the best out of players is also the responsibility of the coaching staff. You are absolutely right with Rashford’s track record. I he didn’t have any ability, we wouldn’t have seen him score 20+ goals two straight seasons. This thread is like flies to a cow pie for those who are frustrated with our record this season looking for somewhere to place blame other than management and coaching. Let me be clear, both the player and the coaches share some responsibility here.

AndySmith1990

But ultimately a person's career, and how successful they are is their own responsibility. It is possible a working environment has a detrimental impact on a person and how well perform, however it is then their responsibility to seek a move somewhere else in order to get the best out of themselves. In the context of a football player that would entail handing in a transfer request.

Sticking around and not caring or putting in effort whilst happily picking up his fat pay checks and then blaming the poor working environment isn't acceptable. We're talking about adults here not children, the same standards and professionalism that is applied to how the average person behaves at work should apply to footballers. There is far too much mollycoddling and absolving them of blame for my liking and they get away with far too much because of how their viewed as assets, rather than employees.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
In today's market when Luis Diaz cost 37m + 13m add on, it is hard for Rashford to leave for the price man Utd want, especially with the wages he is currently on. If Barca decide not to buy Adama Traore end of the season he is available probably for 20 to 30m.

Greck

Lose-Lose my arse. If it was Pogba doing all this baggage he would say good riddance and rile a mob into a "feck off" frenzy. Suddenly a player's circus is a failing on everyone involved. I actually think the previous managers messed up Rashford's development but it's not like he was shaping into Ronaldo either way. If everything panned out properly he still wouldn't have been guaranteed a future as a starter.

We're talking about a striker with low intelligence and very poor general play in an era where everyone is expected to contribute to buildup. If he doesn't improve he can go to a midtable side where he can thrive on barebones counter football where every opportunity starts with 50 yards of space.

Trex

Alternative take on Rashford current situation.
At the moment Rashford is totally out of form, his level isn't good enough, but so is Ronaldo, Ronaldo is possibly worst, yet he gets to start every game playing 90 mins.
Could this be demoralizing Rashford, seeing as the club he has given everything to would prefer 37 year old past it Ronaldo over him, is there any sporting benefit to persist with Ronaldo who is even more likely to walk away before Rashford and has less to offer medium to long term

cyberman

At the moment Rashford is totally out of form, his level isn't good enough, but so is Ronaldo, Ronaldo is possibly worst, yet he gets to start every game playing 90 mins.
Could this be demoralizing Rashford, seeing as the club he has given everything to would prefer 37 year old past it Ronaldo over him, is there any sporting benefit to persist with Ronaldo who is even more likely to walk away before Rashford and has less to offer medium to long term
That’s because Ronaldo is our only striker and his out of form is still miles better than Rashford out of form?

dave2528

37 year old Ronaldo is still out there giving 100% of what he can to the cause and is therefore a better option than an uninterested and braindead Rashford.

Let that sink in.

Rashford is in the prime of his career, playing for his childhood club, living out his dream, and he turns up on match day looking like he'd rather be anywhere but on the pitch for us. Meanwhile, Ronaldo has nothing left to prove except to live up to the standards he's set for himself, and as bad as he's been, it isn't for lack of effort.

Neither are up to the task but the one that should be holding his head high is the one that's already won everything, instead of the one who has won nothing.

Andersons Dietician

I think many people thought Sancho would play from the left and if Greenwood maintained the form he’d play off the left and Marcus would have to fight for a position.

Personally over the last few seasons I think Marcus has been a better player playing off the right as he has seemed more of a team player. He just does more team benefitting things than he does from the left but his lack of effort in tracking back has dropped him to a below average player.

I agree with the sentiment that he’s not had a coach except for LVG and now Ragnick. But this decline or lack of improvement has been apparent for over 3 years in my opinion.

Something needs to change with the club and its environment but honestly I wouldn’t be that upset if he left even if it will look from the outside and probably internally be looked at as truly damaging.

Ronaldo143

I dont know who would be genuinely interested obviously and I am not saying I think Maguire is a great defender mentioning that fee. I thought forgetting the fee he was the wrong signing at the time when there were a fair few very good defenders at the time.

But rightly or wrongly Maguire is Englands first choice cenre back, who had a good Euros, he is again rightly or wrongly a club captain, he has had a good career in the premiership until coming here. The likes of Wet Ham, Villa, SPurs, Everton all have the money then there is the obvious one of Newcastle who want a statement signing and a big name.

Until he wants to move or we want to sell him we just wont know, but I think there will be sides interested and I dont see how we sell him anyway under that fee when we have spent so much for him
Own goal today, honestly what does it take ? Him costly us in UCL ? Just take 5Mil and ship this liability off. This is frustrating at this point man.

jesperjaap

Own goal today, honestly what does it take ? Him costly us in UCL ? Just take 5Mil and ship this liability off. This is frustrating at this point man.
Wow, like youve been waitig and hoping he does something poor so you can come on here and justify your point, bit cringe.

I thought he actually had a reasonable game, bar the own goal. Dont get me wrong, I didnt want us to sign him at the time, I want him out too, but "Just take £5m"....come on now, be realistic, not even going to comment there