Rashford named the most valuable football player by CIES

Red Star One

Now I know there's many that don't take CIES rankings too seriously, but I think it's been a long while we've seen United player on top of their list.

https://football-observatory.com/IMG/sites/b5wp/2020/wp319/en/

Sounds about right, though? Considering contract length Mbappé is criminally undervalued, but truth be told if anyone came knocking for Rashford they would have to expect to pay a monumental fee.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I’d still have Haaland higher but he’s got to be up there.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It's the first time that their ranking isn't totally ridiculous. :eek:

Some absolute insanity in there tbf...

Sancho, Havertz, Werner, Dias, Hakimi and Mount being the biggest offenders.

Red Star One

Some absolute insanity in there tbf...

Sancho, Havertz, Werner, Dias, Hakimi and Mount being the biggest offenders.
You wouldn’t really buy them for less, would you? Werner over Mane is mental IMO, but these are supposed to be prices you’d have to pay to get them. No way City sells Dias - who’s looking really good for them - cheaper than quoted price

RUCK4444

Yeah that's a pile of w@nk to be honest.

It's like they've randomly generated player names. I mean Mount ffs?

Matriac

Daniel James €61m. Oh ok, can we sell right now? I even like the dude, but not that much.

Siorac

Daniel James €61m. Oh ok, can we sell right now? I even like the dude, but not that much.
:lol: how on Earth did they get to that figure. If anyone offered €61m for Dan James, Woodward would personally drive him to the airport in a limo.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
The weird thing about this is that clubs do seem to use it as a reference for their asking prices.

Deery

Dreary
How’s Timo Werner’s price jumped £80m by not scoring goals. Stupid list.

R77

What a load of b*ll*cks.

Agree with Rashford top though. Said it before and will again; He's priceless to us, utterly unsaleable. If he was 27 and far worse than he is now, maybe not, but a variety of factors make it so at the moment. No way on earth I'd take £165m for him, and the club wouldn't either. I wouldn't take 200m, or any amount.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Surely Kimmich would be one of the worlds most valuable players? He's 25 and easily one of the best midfielders in the world.

Gnabry too...

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Why is Saka worth more than Kane? They're factoring age way too much into this.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Time to cash in on Rashford and Bruno and spend that money on the ultimate cheese room at Old Trafford. We all know it's the missing piece we need to get back to the very top.

3KDré

What does this really mean...anything at all?
Not really. I don’t think we’d ever sell Rashford, neither would he push for a move unless we were really really poor. So technically he’s priceless right? Or worthless.

James Peril

Rashford on top? Mount before Grealish? Yeah, I’m not giving that list a further second of my interest. Rashford is criminally overrated.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Surely Kimmich would be one of the worlds most valuable players? He's 25 and easily one of the best midfielders in the world.

Gnabry too...
It's the CIES, you shouldn't expect sense from their work. Neymar isn't in the list for some strange reason too.

bsCallout

Rashford on top? Mount before Grealish? Yeah, I’m not giving that list a further second of my interest. Rashford is criminally overrated.
Well he's playing for his boyhood club, a club that won't sell, he's young and is one of the most productive young players in the world.

If anything he has one the most fair valuations.

PoTMS

The valuation of the 3 Chelsea players on that list tell you all you need to know about the rankings.

Tony247

Murray3007

am more looking at Mbappe contract, do they have any 1 year extention options ?