Rashford named the most valuable football player by CIES

Rossa

Time to cash in on Rashford and Bruno and spend that money on the ultimate cheese room at Old Trafford. We all know it's the missing piece we need to get back to the very top.
Anderson left United a long time ago. Shaw couldn’t possibly eat all that cheese by himself!

Stacks

Now I know there's many that don't take CIES rankings too seriously, but I think it's been a long while we've seen United player on top of their list.

https://football-observatory.com/IMG/sites/b5wp/2020/wp319/en/

Sounds about right, though? Considering contract length Mbappé is criminally undervalued, but truth be told if anyone came knocking for Rashford they would have to expect to pay a monumental fee.
Hell yeah. Maybe shouldn't be above Mbappe or Haaland but I get why he above Jadon

Shark

@NotShark
This is like some kind of Fifa Ultimate Team inspired list that kids would take as gospel. Good to see Rashy the the top though.

wolvored

It was probably names in a hat drawn out. Whos worth £x mill first name drawn for that amount is... £61 million for James and Mbappe lower than TAA :lol:

MU655

McTominay €59m
James €61.2m (He is worth more than Messi)
Jota, who went for £41m in the summer is now worth €82m; that was quick.

Red Star One

McTominay €59m
James €61.2m (He is worth more than Messi)
Jota, who went for £41m in the summer is now worth €82m; that was quick.
James is absurd, Jota bit stupid but if anyone came knocking for McTominay you think we would accept anything south of 50m?

Snuffkin

Sterling higher than kane? Kane would be the one who would realistically break records based on his nationality and his current owners.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
I think they forgot a player named Messi.

Impulse

How are they justifying Sancho at €148m when nobody would pay €120m for him in the summer?

Threesus

Man, when I saw this on twitter I hoped nobody would start a thread, but here we are. Perfectly set up for a Rashford stinker tonight. Hopefully people don't use this as another stick to beat him with.

Cloud7

Even putting aside his exceptional quality as a player, Rashford being associated with such brilliant charity work, taking on the government in an attempt to secure food for the children, all of this taking place in the public eye, that’s the sort of good image that doesn’t come around very often. Rashford’s value would be even more than just on field stuff because of that.

Traub

Contract length plays a massive part in these valuations. Having said that, Kane is an absolute steal at that price!

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I wouldn't buy any of them for the quoted amount. Pre-covid probably Mbappe for 150 and Kane for 100 but thats it.

Wilt

Load of bollocks :lol:

Anyone actually believe it ? :lol:

Fridge chutney

Half a season playing top football ain't shit. He flavour of the month but there are other flavour's out there.
Saka, Mount, James, Foden, etc.

Don't tell me any of those guys are worth more than Grealish Mr. Stacks!

Wilt

Nobody knows the true of player until he’s actually sold.

However, Transfermarket.com valuations seem a more realistic guideline.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Guess Mbappe would go to 1st if he signs a contract extension or moves club?
Yes, contract length is the primary reason he's not top of this pointless list again. Haaland would be higher as well without that release clause I'm guessing. It takes all the financial aspects of a player to come up with this ranking.

NoPace

Joao Felix seems low considering he's locked in til 2026