What to do with Marcus Rashford...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Very happy for him. Love to see youth players come good for their clubs.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
The use of ‘us’ suggests your putting me in with you morons ;)

…anyway could be worse. You could have actually slagged off the player and gone all @Yagami v Casemiro
Morons :lol:

You 15%ers were just fecking jammy, good for you guys it’s all come good for the bloke. Better than good currently and it’s great.

It’s just that the (use of the the word ‘the’ not implicating you now boss) 85%ers cant just fully enjoy the ride, constant heavy weight of shame and regret weighing us down.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Morons :lol:

You 15%ers were just fecking jammy, good for you guys it’s all come good for the bloke. Better than good currently and it’s great.

It’s just that the (use of the the word ‘the’ not implicating you now boss) 85%ers cant just fully enjoy the ride, constant heavy weight of shame and regret weighing us down.
All is forgiven if you truly repent. I have had too once before and now enjoy that other player without the feeling of guilt.

Moston Red

Formerly Giggs1973
The first few pages are a great read and a perfect example of how short-sighted and “rash” so many are. All from less than 12 months ago:
To be fair he was pretty frustrating back then. I remember feeling like he was never going to improve. He could have stayed that way. Thankfully he didn’t.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's almost like when he has a poor season or 2 people wondered about selling, but now he's had an incredible season, they want him to stay?
Something like that.

Red Rash

As someone who voted that we should sell, I'm glad he is proving us wrong. Rashford has been in amazing form since the world cup.

It reminds me of Ronaldo after the 2006 world cup. I remember a lot of fans wanted to sell him after the winking incident however the next season he went up a level. We are seeing that with Rashford right now.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Ok fair point, but I remember (even though I cringe as I do so) recommending we get rid of him - not because a lack of ability but because he just didn’t look interested anymore. It was his attitude. I now believe he was in fact undergoing a profound clinical depression . It’s so great to see him smiling again and, of course, scoring goals.
You better cringe. You don't give up on one of your own so easily. Especially when they've shown just how good they can be. We need to lift our players when they are down, not kick dirt at them...

lex talionis

Obviously, extend the contract, but where the upper limit must be I have no idea. I doubt any of us can know the right terms for both the player and the club.

DarkXaero

As someone who voted that we should sell, I'm glad he is proving us wrong. Rashford has been in amazing form since the world cup.

It reminds me of Ronaldo after the 2006 world cup. I remember a lot of fans wanted to sell him after the winking incident however the next season he went up a level. We are seeing that with Rashford right now.
I think the difference here is that Rashford has had the biggest turnaround in form that I can remember, from where he was last season to now. I'm with you, happy to be proven wrong here, but there was good reason why so many fans were done with him after last season. Fair play and full credit to him, that he has proven us wrong in the best way possible.

Red Rash

I think the difference here is that Rashford has had the biggest turnaround in form that I can remember, from where he was last season to now. I'm with you, happy to be proven wrong here, but there was good reason why so many fans were done with him after last season. Fair play and full credit to him, that he has proven us wrong in the best way possible.
Yea agreed I think those of us who thought we should get rid of him was based on 18 months of really poor form. In hindsight it seemed silly but at the time it made sense to want to upgrade. The turnaround in form though has been amazing. You have to give big props to Rashford and Ten Hag.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
If he was playing in the NFL, he would easily win the Comeback Player of the Year award going away.

girish

I too love women...for their shoes.
I was sure he was done after the continued terrible performances every week. Glad he's turned it around. The biggest change I can see from him is that he is no longer running with with the ball head down, on to 3-4 defenders, everytime we are attacking. Long may his form continue.

We need Rashford, not just because he is a fantastic player but because he is one of ours. Players that comes through our academy and have what it takes to break through at the highest level we should never let go. That is what differs United from a club like Chelsea, who sold Abraham and most likely will offload Mount this summer.
We absolutely shouldn't make decisions on sentimentality, and that hasn't worked for us atleast ever since Sir Alex retired.

Lost bear

You better cringe. You don't give up on one of your own so easily. Especially when they've shown just how good they can be. We need to lift our players when they are down, not kick dirt at them...
Well, I did not ‘kick dirt at ‘ anyone. I already covered myself with sack cloth and ashes. Not sure what more you expect.

Strootman's Finger

The first few pages are a great read and a perfect example of how short-sighted and “rash” so many are. All from less than 12 months ago:
Well done hero, you have pointed out a bunch of people that are regular viewers and makes decisions based on form. 12 months Rashford was coming off one really bad season and a not good season before it. He also had a horrendous attitude during last season, not trying, petulant, he had given up. He was dropped quite a bit at the end of the season, do you remember that? Plus his brother was off in Paris, looking to make a move for him. So yes, last summer I would have sold Rashford, a lot of people would and it very much seemed like the correct decision for all involved.

Have you noticed how everyone in the world is shocked at how quick EtH has transformed United? We went from our worst premiere league team ever, to challenging in 4 competitions and playing great football. Every is shocked by the progress, calling EtH a genius. Well the effect he has had on the club, he has also had on Rashford. It's genius to take a player, that looked one dimensional, that looked unmotivated and wanted to leave and turn him into a genuine Balon d'Or contender in one season.

I stand by my opinions last summer, but like a mature adult, as the situation changed, I changed my opinion accordingly.

By the way, what a sad, pathetic waste of time to go back through a bunch of random posts to put together a gotcha comment that really just makes you look stupid.

AFC NimbleThumb

Well done hero, you have pointed out a bunch of people that are regular viewers and makes decisions based on form.
Believe it or not the post actually goes downhill from here.

You don’t base decisions on form. You were wrong to do so. So instead of compounding the nonsense enjoy the show he’s putting on & thank the lord you’ve nothing to do with squad management.

Doracle

Well done hero, you have pointed out a bunch of people that are regular viewers and makes decisions based on form. 12 months Rashford was coming off one really bad season and a not good season before it. He also had a horrendous attitude during last season, not trying, petulant, he had given up. He was dropped quite a bit at the end of the season, do you remember that? Plus his brother was off in Paris, looking to make a move for him. So yes, last summer I would have sold Rashford, a lot of people would and it very much seemed like the correct decision for all involved.

Have you noticed how everyone in the world is shocked at how quick EtH has transformed United? We went from our worst premiere league team ever, to challenging in 4 competitions and playing great football. Every is shocked by the progress, calling EtH a genius. Well the effect he has had on the club, he has also had on Rashford. It's genius to take a player, that looked one dimensional, that looked unmotivated and wanted to leave and turn him into a genuine Balon d'Or contender in one season.

I stand by my opinions last summer, but like a mature adult, as the situation changed, I changed my opinion accordingly.

By the way, what a sad, pathetic waste of time to go back through a bunch of random posts to put together a gotcha comment that really just makes you look stupid.
Can we please stop this rubbish that he had a “not good” season in 20/21? He had 36 GA in 57 matches, and was a key driving force in us finishing 2nd. He finished the season carrying an injury and out of sorts but for 2/3rds of that season he was excellent.

Strootman's Finger

Believe it or not the post actually goes downhill from here.

You don’t base decisions on form. You were wrong to do so. So instead of compounding the nonsense enjoy the show he’s putting on & thank the lord you’ve nothing to do with squad management.
Form over 2 years, yes I do. And as I stated, it wasn't just form, it was attitude and the fact he was looking at leaving.

Strootman's Finger

Can we please stop this rubbish that he had a “not good” season in 20/21? He had 36 GA in 57 matches, and was a key driving force in us finishing 2nd. He finished the season carrying an injury and out of sorts but for 2/3rds of that season he was excellent.
While goals are important, sometimes they can mask a poor performance.

AFC NimbleThumb

Form over 2 years, yes I do. And as I stated, it wasn't just form, it was attitude and the fact he was looking at leaving.
You can lie to yourself all you like, as @Doracle states.

Was he as good as he is now 2 years ago? No but was he as bad as he was [after coming back from injury] last season, no.

Absolute shambles of a set of posts on this page lad. You got it wrong, move on.

Doracle

While goals are important, sometimes they can mask a poor performance.
Not entirely - 21 goals and 15 assists from LW is outstanding however you want to slice it. Do you remember him coming on as a sub against a good Leipzig team and tearing them apart or the Liverpool FA cup match where he was simply outstanding with a goal and breathtaking assist for Greenwood? He was one of our best players in a team who finished 2nd and reached a Europa final. Had he stayed fully fit, that season would be viewed very differently - that’s how good he was/is.

AFC NimbleThumb

Not entirely - 21 goals and 15 assists from LW is outstanding however you want to slice it. Do you remember him coming on as a sub against a good Leipzig team and tearing them apart or the Liverpool FA cup match where he was simply outstanding with a goal and breathtaking assist for Greenwood? He was one of our best players in a team who finished 2nd and reached a Europa final. Had he stayed fully fit, that season would be viewed very differently - that’s how good he was/is.
Don’t waste your time. What we’re seeing in the last few pages of this thread are people are far more preoccupied with being ‘right’.

Anyone willing to write off Rashford in those circumstances has been proven wrong no matter how they choose to slice it but they’ll say things like ‘bad for 2 years’ which isn’t simply a bad opinion but is categorically incorrect.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Rashford has been the best player in the world since WC. What a turn of career, having seen his poor form 18 months prior to start of this season.

So we were all wrong here (well 85% of us). Always love to see players proving everyone wrong.

jm99

Rashford has been the best player in the world since WC. What a turn of career, having seen his poor form 18 months prior to start of this season.

So we were all wrong here (well 85% of us). Always love to see players proving everyone wrong.
He's been fantastic that doesn't mean we were wrong to want rid of him at the time.

We weren't wrong to get rid of forlan just because he turned into a great player at atletico. If Ronaldo somehow comes back from Saudi Arabia to Europe and scores 40 goals a season it doesn't mean getting rid of him this year wax wrong.

Yes we're all glad rashfords still here but based on the time, and the story that psg were offering 60-80m, selling definitely seemed likely the right choice

mav_9me

As someone who refrained from the vote completely, I am raising an eyebrow at all involved ;)
i never saw this and so didn’t vote. But I’d have voted to keep him cuz I don’t want to sell our home grown talents. But I never saw this level in him.

can he continue to do it after the new contract?

Strelok

i never saw this and so didn’t vote. But I’d have voted to keep him cuz I don’t want to sell our home grown talents. But I never saw this level in him.

can he continue to do it after the new contract?
It's of course impossible to be sure. But imo he isn't playing for a new contract. He's the type who values football and life more than money imo. Plus even without the insane red hot recent form I don't think it's really difficult for him to find a club that pay him 200k a week especially on a free. If my memory serves me right both Madrid and PSG were interested in him last year or in 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.