Rashford on corner kicks, Lukaku on a free kick ?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I've seen Phil Jones take corners. This doesn't phase me.

lsd

The Oracle
Explain those to me because I'm growing white hair on this.

Lukaku has always taken free kicks especially at Everton and scored from them .

Radford has been taking corners for ages too

Enigma_87

You know who
Lukaku has always taken free kicks especially at Everton and scored from them .

Radford has been taking corners for ages too
Each corner Rashford took today seemed like he was on your user name.

Deary me.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
When's the last season we were consistently competent from set pieces? Fergie's last season? The Ronaldo era? Truly baffling how we don't seem to address the most basic issues.

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja
Rashford's crossing actually used to be mint. Not sure ever took corners then, I guess it's not quite the same thing.

The freekick was close to the edge of the box where smashing the ball through the wall or a deflection might be a better option than dipping it over the wall... he didn't even seem to attempt that though :lol:

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
The best one today was finally changing it and Shaw takes a corner on 87 minutes. Decent ball, get a head to it.

Next one back to Rashy.

Djemba-Djemba

It's just the general sloppiness and lack of professionalism that sums up the club.

After the 4th or 5th terrible corner you'd think we'd take Rashford off corners but nah.

And then we actually do, Shaw puts in a good corner and then in the last minute it's back to Rashford who swings in another dogshit cross.

Infuriating

Minkaro

Rashford on corners kind of makes sense given the height of his teammates.

Shaw taking the one good corner of the game suggests that he should be on that duty though.

Name Changed

weso26
Rashford is an idiot. He made the same mistake taking those corners over and over again. Just stupid.

I blame Pogba for letting Lukaku take that free kick. I don't care if it more suited a left footer. Pogba or even Rashford should have hit it.

Idxomer

It was annoying me to no end. I couldn't believe my eyes when after Shaw took a good corner, Rashford went and took the last one.

Dan_F

What happened to the best free kick taker taking all the free kicks? If the first one goes into the wall then you can adjust it on the next one.

tomaldinho1

What happened to the best free kick taker taking all the free kicks? If the first one goes into the wall then you can adjust it on the next one.
This also bemuses me. General rule is you have you FK taker and give him a few chances he'll be hitting it sweetly by the end. This whole rodeo of FK takers helps no one.

Irrational.

Lukaku eyeing up that FK in a great position was like expecting a first year medical student to suddenly perform advanced cardiac surgery.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
The best set-piece taker should take all set-pieces. The constant chopping and changing is infuriating. No clear roles, no leadership on the pitch. Been the same wooly shit constantly since Fergie retires. Sums us up.

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
Maybe but it ain't working and hasn't ever, why persist with it ?
God knows, but this should all be sorted in training. If Rashford is assigned to corners, we know he swings them in close to the keeper everytime so we need a player standing on the keeper. It's so basic, even my Sunday league team sorts this sort of stuff out yet Manchester United waste 20 odd corners with the same mistake.

The free kicks were a joke apart from Pogba's effort as well.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Lukaku eyeing up that FK in a great position was like expecting a first year medical student to suddenly perform advanced cardiac surgery.
:lol:
God knows, but this should all be sorted in training. If Rashford is assigned to corners, we know he swings them in close to the keeper everytime so we need a player standing on the keeper. It's so basic, even my Sunday league team sorts this sort of stuff out yet Manchester United waste 20 odd corners with the same mistake.

The free kicks were a joke apart from Pogba's effort as well.
Which begs the question, "what do we do during our training sessions" :lol: ?

Dan_F

The best set-piece taker should take all set-pieces. The constant chopping and changing is infuriating. No clear roles, no leadership on the pitch. Been the same wooly shit constantly since Fergie retires. Sums us up.
You do wonder what the coaching staff are doing in training. Surely one of them should be saying “this player is our best corner taker Jose, he should probably be instructed to take them”.

Then again, we haven’t had a set penalty taker at times over the last few years, so corners are asking for a bit too much.

Chicharo

Not a single corner Rashford took tonight has brought anything to us.
The best one was taken by Shaw, and after that instead of him taking the last one, somehow mysteriously he didn't.
Everything about this club is looking weird at the moment.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Good to see that our players are spending hours after training to train set pieces, something that, given somebody has an ounce of technique in him, can be trained even without begging 10 of your mates to stay after the training with you. Dedication at its finest.

RedStarUnited

Rashford on corners kind of makes sense given the height of his teammates.

Shaw taking the one good corner of the game suggests that he should be on that duty though.
The height of the team is wasted if the corner isnt good enough. Think about some of our tallest players like Matic, Lukaku and Pogba - How often do they ever get a chance to actually head a ball from a corner?

A braver coach might even get Pogba to take corners rather than being in the box. A good delivery is worth more than great height with a shit delivery.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Yep. It's just proof of zero system at even the most basic level.
A lacklustre attitude from the simplest stuff to the real tactics. We are pathetic.

OldTrevil

The height of the team is wasted if the corner isnt good enough. Think about some of our tallest players like Matic, Lukaku and Pogba - How often do they ever get a chance to actually head a ball from a corner?

A braver coach might even get Pogba to take corners rather than being in the box. A good delivery is worth more than great height with a shit delivery.
Agreed, delivery is more critical on corners. The leadership buck stops with Mourinho looking at the general mess in our set pieces.

ForestRGoinUp

When's the last season we were consistently competent from set pieces? Fergie's last season? The Ronaldo era? Truly baffling how we don't seem to address the most basic issues.
And you would think it was something we were playing for, what with all the slow skyscrapers we put on the field who can’t get a ball out from under their feet.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Rashford is an amazing talent, he was aiming for the keepers gloves with those corners.

Amazing accuracy!

el3mel

How many times we have tried Rashford on set pieces and it failed miserably now ? It's like we're pushing it for him to take everything on the pitch.

At least Lukaku was taking free kicks at Everton but Rashford ? Seriously ?

Web of Bissaka

You guys must used to be soo patiente with CRonaldo hitting freekicks sky high home run to the stands, early years.

Anyway, in game, I do agree if Rashford is not hitting it right, change it. Shaw twice deliver good cornerkick now. Let him. Switch. Next game try again.

hobbers

I do not understand why anyone would ever let Rashford near a corner or Lukaku near a free kick.

And that's before we get the evidence in set piece after set piece that they have absolutely no fecking clue what they're doing. How many shit corners am I going to have to watch from Sanchez and Rashford between now and May before someone on the pitch grows a brain and decides to give it to someone who can actually put the ball in a decent area.

EricTheKingTheKing

Rashford was terrible on the corner kicks. Like others have said, how can a coach/manager keep the same dogcrap deliveries occurring.
It just doesn't make sense. Take someone else over there and doa short corner -run around and whip it in. Mind blowing stuff.

But to be fair to Marcus, our ability from almost anyone in the squad to hit a head from a corner kick has been woeful for years. Clearly it isn't practised at training.
Yet another flaw in the current system.