Rashford out partying at nightclub hours before reporting as too ill to attend training

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobbers

Wonder what the club will be thinking having rushed that statement in his defense without checking whether there might be more pics of him partying on other nights.

Meh, probably offer him a new deal knowing that lot.

clarkydaz

I get the feeling there are some people that just don’t want to face the possibility that the local academy kid who is supposedly United through and through and a true professional, isn’t that.

If Ferguson was manager for this hypothetically, he would have got not so much a hairdrier but a paintstripper, and then be transfer listed.
looks like a toddler seeing what they can get away with, as the club continue to enable them. A lot of our players down the years simply have no respect for authority

NotChatGPT

Brownfinger
I don’t see how being in Belfast is really relevant as long as you have the means to make it to work on time in the morning. People do all sorts of crazy commutes, especially when they are wealthy enough to have drivers or first class travel available.
Well done for completely disregarding the fact that he’s a professional footballer.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2720313-footballs-secret-sports-science-the-power-of-sleep

Him doing it in Belfast is relevant because it makes the combination of going out clubbing worse, because it results in less and worse resting time.

NotChatGPT

Brownfinger
He was probably just fecking shattered then and not really "ill". Not that that is any better
Might not even be ill, might just be the initial statement from the club while figuring out how to deal with this. Would be a bit of a surprise if they didn’t know about him going out on thursday and flying in on a jet in the early morning.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Well done for completely disregarding the fact that he’s a professional footballer.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2720313-footballs-secret-sports-science-the-power-of-sleep

Him doing it in Belfast is relevant because it makes the combination of going out clubbing worse, because it results in less and worse resting time.
He took a 1 hour flight from one part of the country to another to report for training once. You are completely missing the point if you are transfixed on him travelling from Belfast to Manchester before training. The club and media would be completely hypocritical to focus on that considering professional elite football is entirely dependent on short haul flights to operate.

A story of him going out clubbing in Manchester and then allegedly reporting sick the next day, unable to train, would be equally damning.

Castia

Imagine 2 years ago saying Greenwood would be banished from the club, Sancho loaned back to Dortmund due to attitude issues and Rashford missing training whilst being out on the piss hours before

And that’s after the likes of Pogba and JLingz were let go. How did we manage to assemble so many dipshits in one squad? So many unlikable players at this club it’s sad.

hobbers

Imagine 2 years ago saying Greenwood would be banished from the club, Sancho loaned back to Dortmund due to attitude issues and Rashford missing training whilst being out on the piss hours before

And that’s after the likes of Pogba and JLingz were let go. How did we manage to assemble so many dipshits in one squad? So many unlikable players at this club it’s sad.
Not really that hard to imagine to be honest.

Greenwood always had issues going back beyond the England camp, fractious relationship with Ronaldo due to lack of professionalism etc.

Sancho has also had well documented issues everywhere he's been

Rashford seemed quite normal until about 3-4 years ago when he developed the mopey, entitled, feckless personality on the pitch that seems to mirror how he is off it.

JediSith

Other than Saudi, are there any clubs who would buy him at 350k/wk ?
PSG, Newcastle (although they’ve tend to not make daft signings), could see AC/Inter or Juve going for him might even suit Serie A.

MDFC Manager

Same old same old. Get rid somehow. Will lose financially but the rot needs stemming.

Amusing to see people still defend him though. Carry on.

mu4c_20le

Not really that hard to imagine to be honest.

Greenwood always had issues going back beyond the England camp, fractious relationship with Ronaldo due to lack of professionalism etc.

Sancho has also had well documented issues everywhere he's been

Rashford seemed quite normal until about 3-4 years ago when he developed the mopey, entitled, feckless personality on the pitch that seems to mirror how he is off it.
It was around the time he got a big contract and worked on his public image. Guess he thought he'd made it then. Also doesn't help that as a young developing player he was considered one of our best players and a face of the club.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
PSG, Newcastle (although they’ve tend to not make daft signings), could see AC/Inter or Juve going for him might even suit Serie A.
I could've seen that a couple of years ago but less so now. He's averaging 16 goals a year over the past five seasons, which doesn't exactly scream justifying a 350k/yr salary for most clubs.

Wing Attack Plan R

I could've seen that a couple of years ago but less so now. He's averaging 16 goals a year over the past five seasons, which doesn't exactly scream justifying a 350k/yr salary for most clubs.
If he went to Italy he'd probably tear up the league, don't you think? It would terrible, awful, if Juve or Milan or Inter came and stole him. It would be gutting. Please please please let it happen.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Other than Saudi, are there any clubs who would buy him at 350k/wk ?
PSG seem to love him, and will have an Mbappe shaped hole in their team. I don't know why they rate him so highly but it suits us.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
PSG wanted him before him signing his contract. Let's hope if Mbappe legs it then they hang their hopes on him. £70mil and I'd carry him to France meself.

sepulturite

He took a 1 hour flight from one part of the country to another to report for training once. You are completely missing the point if you are transfixed on him travelling from Belfast to Manchester before training. The club and media would be completely hypocritical to focus on that considering professional elite football is entirely dependent on short haul flights to operate.

A story of him going out clubbing in Manchester and then allegedly reporting sick the next day, unable to train, would be equally damning.
The length of the flight and how long it takes him to get back is irrelevant if he's been in a club the night before/morning of until, what, 2am? 3am? Whatever it would be, because it would mean he's gotten no sleep, no proper rest, and then got on a plane and reported for training. How is he meant to give his all in training after doing something like that? It's totally unprofessional and he's rightly being called out for it.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Evans also mysteriously out with illness but I guess it doesn't sell as many papers
What are you trying to suggest here? There's clear evidence of Rashford being on a night out literally hours before he's supposed to be at training. Evans on the other hand is a professional. There's no way he would behave like this. He knows better.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
The length of the flight and how long it takes him to get back is irrelevant if he's been in a club the night before/morning of until, what, 2am? 3am? Whatever it would be, because it would mean he's gotten no sleep, no proper rest, and then got on a plane and reported for training. How is he meant to give his all in training after doing something like that? It's totally unprofessional and he's rightly being called out for it.
Which is exactly what I said, no? It is the clubbing and being out until the early hours, which is the potentially unprofessional aspect, although there is scant details on that, as to whether he was actually drinking and whether he was out until the early hours.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
I always thought the nightlife in Belfast was supposed to be shite and I wonder who he went with.
It's actually a very good night out if you go to the right places. Some very nice pubs and clubs if you have a few pound as it's expensive in those. Marcus' choice however is not one of them.

One of dodgiest clubs in the city
I cannot believe he was in Thompsons Garage and Laverys. feck me. Thompsons in particular I've always thought an absolute shithole, wouldn't consider going near it myself. Laverys not where I'd expect a millionaire footballer in either, just a working class pub

Herschel Krustofsky

Supports
Balanced perspectives
PSG seems the only option if Mbappe moves on.
Please, PSG! Come and get him.
PSG seem to love him
PSG wanted him before him signing his contract. Let's hope if Mbappe legs it then they hang their hopes on him
These PSG quotes pop up all the time in Rashford threads :houllier:

Is Ed Woodwood working for them now?

Imagine selling Mbappe and replacing him with Rashford!!

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Im usually first in line to criticize players for this type of shit, but I do think history is important. Like dealing with disciplinary matters in the work place, context matters. For instance: does the person have a history of doing questionable things and how often compared to how long they've been with the organization. Do they admit to it and are remorseful or not, etc.

Perhaps I am forgetting about other Rashford transgressions but if I am not and he has otherwise been relatively clean...let's not forget it's still a young guy in his twenties who never held a regular day job and who we throw millions at along with all the other distractions. It's true he therefore also has an elevated level of responsibility to the club (and in turn the club for coming down on it) - but keeping some perspective is important too. Of course it doesn't help the public opinion to have patience with someone who otherwise hasn't been performing much on the pitch, I get that too.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
So it was actually two consecutive nights on the piss, one authorised before a day off and one seemingly not authorised before a training day. Prick.
Was it? It reads as though he went out on Wednesday then got ill and missed his Thursday flight and then missed training on Friday. Hardly a huge crime.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Wait for his PR team and Phil Lynch and his "social media fan sentiment graphs" to combine tomorrow to gegenpress this story out of the papers.

sepulturite

Which is exactly what I said, no? It is the clubbing and being out until the early hours, which is the potentially unprofessional aspect, although there is scant details on that, as to whether he was actually drinking and whether he was out until the early hours.
Ah fair enough. To be honest even if it wasn't early hours, even 11pm or 12, that still leaves no time for sleep really when he's to be in training early morning. He just really shouldn't have done this, and I can't understand what he's playing at.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Im usually first in line to criticize players for this type of shit, but I do think history is important. Like dealing with disciplinary matters in the work place, context matters. For instance: does the person have a history of doing questionable things and how often compared to how long they've been with the organization. Do they admit to it and are remorseful or not, etc.

Perhaps I am forgetting about other Rashford transgressions but if I am not and he has otherwise been relatively clean...let's not forget it's still a young guy in his twenties who never held a regular day job and who we throw millions at along with all the other distractions. It's true he therefore also has an elevated level of responsibility to the club (and in turn the club for coming down on it) - but keeping some perspective is important too. Of course it doesn't help the public opinion to have patience with someone who otherwise hasn't been performing much on the pitch, I get that too.
Nope. If we want to raise standards at the club you can't fob off stuff like this.

That's how a "If he can get away with it, why can't I?" shit atmosphere will spread through the squad.

Just punish him. 2 weeks wages or 2 weeks suspended or both. He fecked up, if he can't accept that then get rid.

sepulturite

Was it? It reads as though he went out on Wednesday then got ill and missed his Thursday flight and then missed training on Friday. Hardly a huge crime.
No according to Whitwell he was out both nights

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Nope. If we want to raise standards at the club you can't fob off stuff like this.

That's how a "If he can get away with it, why can't I?" shit atmosphere will spread through the squad.

Just punish him. 2 weeks wages or 2 weeks suspended or both. He fecked up, if he can't accept that then get rid.
Oh I wasn't saying he shouldn't be punished. I just think he shouldn't be instantly condemned for all eternity.

Status
Not open for further replies.