Rashford out partying at nightclub hours before reporting as too ill to attend training

Status
Not open for further replies.

gormless

According to MUFC "Marcus Rashford not well enough to be in the squad for Newport following illness; he has stayed at Carrington to train as he recovers.”

Weak. He should be out for disciplinary reasons.

Going to a nightclub in Belfast into the early hours on the day of training and then calling sick is a disciplinary matter in any line of work.

I've been a huge Rashford supporter on here even when folk on here have been hugely critical of on-field performances.

But his attitude stinks. His goal celebration with hands on ears to fans last time out stunk to high heaven. And I do think he has turned into the new Lingard ( his mate).

I honestly think the cancer of bad attitude at the club can be laid at the door of Paul Pogba in recent years.

Mourinho had it right about Pogba's bad and entitled attitude and as he was a senior player which others looked up to, I am convinced that has filtered through the squad and is the reason we are seeing this Man Utd cancer. It won't go until all bad apples are dumped. And it pains me to say it, but that includes Rashford.

There was a reason Fergie dumped Pogba.
I saw a video with somebody making a point that losing Ibra was the worst thing to happen to Pogba. He really kept him in check, clearly was the main leader etc. after he left you had Pogba and Lingard etc ruining things

red.knight

Let's just hope that Brailsford and Ratcliffe see him for what he really is, show they mean business, and get rid of him this summer. The incumbent United board is a disgrace for keeping him for so long. Always has been a waste of space. Awful footballer with awful attitude.

sixdwarf

I saw a video with somebody making a point that losing Ibra was the worst thing to happen to Pogba. He really kept him in check, clearly was the main leader etc. after he left you had Pogba and Lingard etc ruining things
Precisely. I do think that Pogba is the worst thing to happen to the club in recent years. The worst role model and leader you could wish for that has screwed the club culture. And we still feel his effect. If what Rashford did had been Pogba you wouldn't be surprised.

It makes you wonder with all the 'injuries' how many are actually just sickies. Are you reading, Martial.

But we have to act because we can't have this cancer affecting all the players that make the team. Thinking of Garnacho and Mainoo.

Superden

From reading some of these posts you'd think he'd been on a 48 hour bender and rocked up back in manchester done a turd on the center circle at Old Trafford, whilst some boy scouts were having a kick about....

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Finger to the head in the club. Absolute Lingard levels of cringe
Have you ever been to a nightclub? 75% of what goes on is fecking cringe!

Anyway, pics/video or it didn't happen....

Cole9

We were all young once.
We weren’t all earning £350k a week at that age. He’s in an extremely privileged position and he’s taking the piss.

Sell him. He’s not good enough anyway and that’s reason enough.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Have you ever been to a nightclub? 75% of what goes on is fecking cringe!

Anyway, pics/video or it didn't happen....
I shared the pic. The joke was he can't celebrate goals on the pitch enough so he had to do it in a night club.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Yeah it's corny... but I ain't mad at him. At least not for this anyway
I didn't care for the picture. I care more for the fact that he went out to two night clubs and reported ill. When you combine that with other small bits and add that to the fact that he's actually pretty shit, it's really frustrating.

Son

This is so true, i used to enjoy nigth outs but since i started my rehab clinic, im basically working 7 days a week. I stopped drinking and even if i get those rare time offs i spend time reading and advancing my skills. I spend most of my time thinking about self improvement and i can't imagine a successful athlete with that amount of pay has time to vape and drink especially mid season. Especially being a top man in a top club with that much of pressure and in 2-3 years of time his career gonna be over.
If im him, I'll kill myself in the training, lead by example, gets tough on the pitch and look to move on to bigger and a more current club. Strange man this guy. Get rid.
Problem is because he has a bit of pace he probably thinks he’s built different. End of the day some people who aren’t athletes have far more muscle and look far nothing athletic than Rashford does.

Guy is plagued with niggling injuries and lost a yard of pace so I don’t know why he thinks he can drink.

Anyone who knows anything about fitness will say drinking is the first thing you just can’t do. Not to be one of the absolute best athletes.

It has zero positive outcomes drinking for anyone in a physical line of work. Stays in your system way too long afterwards.

He’s not advancing his skills he’s looking online doing deals for 100k plus watches and researching clothes. It’s absolutely pathetic low hanging fruit kinda stuff for rich people.

-Supreme-

I’m a bit puzzled currently why this is a story. So far as I’ve seen, he went to a bar. Are there later pictures of him drunk or did he get back to his hotel at 5am or something? As it stands, just seems like a nothing incident.
From Ten Hag: “He reported ill”, “"It's an internal matter. I will deal with it.”

What’s your thoughts on this? Do you think Rashford has behaved normally?

Pickle85

Problem is because he has a bit of pace he probably thinks he’s built different. End of the day some people who aren’t athletes have far more muscle and look far nothing athletic than Rashford does.

Guy is plagued with niggling injuries and lost a yard of pace so I don’t know why he thinks he can drink.

Anyone who knows anything about fitness will say drinking is the first thing you just can’t do. Not to be one of the absolute best athletes.

It has zero positive outcomes drinking for anyone in a physical line of work. Stays in your system way too long afterwards.

He’s not advancing his skills he’s looking online doing deals for 100k plus watches and researching clothes. It’s absolutely pathetic low hanging fruit kinda stuff for rich people.
So are there pictures that show him drinking then? And vaping? Not seen those.

Dve

From Ten Hag: “He reported ill”, “"It's an internal matter. I will deal with it.”

"Internal matter" doesn't sound good. Rashford is in trouble.

red.knight

United ripped up Roy Keane’s contract for calling out teammates on MUTV, Roy Keane who was probably United’s best captain ever. United sold Beckham because Fergie thought he was more interested in commercial deals, Beckham who always showed up and always put in 100% effort. We need our standards back. The club needs to be ruthless on dealing liabilities and Rashford is one of them. If Ineos are serious about putting football back at the heart of Utd, Rashford has to be sold in the summer.

Doracle

I would need to know how late he was out and how much he had to drink. If he missed training because he was hungover then that would be a disciplinary matter. If he didn’t drink and was back in his hotel at a reasonable hour and then unfortunately woke up with a cold, I wouldn’t see a problem.

At the moment, sounds more like the latter until we have further details.

sepulturite

From reading some of these posts you'd think he'd been on a 48 hour bender and rocked up back in manchester done a turd on the center circle at Old Trafford, whilst some boy scouts were having a kick about....
If you actually read in to why people are so pissed off with him you'd understand, or at least you should, he was massively unprofessional and it could've easily been avoided.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
All our most talented youth players of a certain vintage are total tools whatever happened behind the scenes (i think it’s a combination of player power steadily growing in the game, the lack of accountability and general all round low standards set by the glazers and also the constant managerial turnaround)

-Supreme-

I would need to know how late he was out and how much he had to drink. If he missed training because he was hungover then that would be a disciplinary matter. If he didn’t drink and was back in his hotel at a reasonable hour and then unfortunately woke up with a cold, I wouldn’t see a problem.

So you don’t see this being a problem but Teg Hag the Manager of the club has said he will deal with this internal matter?

BarstoolProphet

I’m going to call bollocks on this.

It might have been the start but from my recollection the only backwards and forwards Beckham did was at the start of their relationship, and that was the late 90s. Beckham has a good few, very, very successful years at the club after he had been doing this.

Like I said, it might have been the start of Fergie keeping an eye on him and thinking he might need replacing in the future but I don’t recall any stories of travelling up and down the country towards the latter part of his United career.

Rashford is another level of unprofessionalism entirely.
Yeah, those stories were most definitely from when they started dating and had no correlation with Sir Alex worrying about his professionalism.

sepulturite

So...there aren't any pics then? Got it.
I think there is pictures of him vaping somewhere, I dunno for sure, some posters on here mentioned there were, don't know about drinking though.

To be fair as has been pointed out several times it's not even about the vaping and drinking it's the fact he was meant to be in training early Friday morning and a few hours before that he was still in Belfast in a club. Ridiculously unprofessional.

Doracle

I think there is pictures of him vaping somewhere, I dunno for sure, some posters on here mentioned there were, don't know about drinking though.

To be fair as has been pointed out several times it's not even about the vaping and drinking it's the fact he was meant to be in training early Friday morning and a few hours before that he was still in Belfast in a club. Ridiculously unprofessional.
He was always scheduled to return Friday morning wasn’t he? If he was due back Thursday and missed his flight because he wanted to go out then that’s an issue.

Hughie77

Sell him ASAP. He's another one who gets new deal then takes the piss. He can go to another club and be a star, the only way he stays is if he knuckles down.

Alemar

It’s unprofessional for a highly paid footballer to attend night clubs during the season.

sepulturite

He was always scheduled to return Friday morning wasn’t he? If he was due back Thursday and missed his flight because he wanted to go out then that’s an issue.
Oh yeh I think they all had Thursday off or something I think, but the point is he was out in a club until the early hours of Friday morning, then took a plane back to Manchester, so got no sleep more than likely, and then turned up for training and then went home sick, that's just not on.

Pickle85

I don't disagree with that...it is unprofessional and he's been dreadful this season. I was arguing earlier that being out on weds wasn't necessarily bad. This was before him being out on Thurs also came out.

Sancho99

He's meant to be an experienced senior key player in the team. He turns 27 in October and he's still acting like a 19 year old getting pissed up in nightclubs the night before training when he's been absolute pants all season.

We are meant to be turning a new page as a club. I'm bored and Sick of this circus shite. Get rid in the summer. Enough is enough.

sepulturite

I don't disagree with that...it is unprofessional and he's been dreadful this season. I was arguing earlier that being out on weds wasn't necessarily bad. This was before him being out on Thurs also came out.
Ah ok fair enough

clarkydaz

Thing is we've had a 2 week break aswell, he's either incredibly thick or just likes being written about

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph

Is the internal matter, that Ten Hag said he will deal with, whether to give Rashy Lemsip or Vicks?

Status
Not open for further replies.