Rashford out partying at nightclub hours before reporting as too ill to attend training

Status
Not open for further replies.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He won’t want to leave Utd ….just carry on stinking the place up until his contract runs out.
You underestimate his ego, which will suffer if he continues to warm the bench. Look, I dont mind putting players on the transfer list if they are not up to the level we want them to be. So far any player at United, I will not be sad if they leave due to reasons like that. Keane got kicked out, Becks was sold - if you have the right manager and right setup, you might be better off, for as long as you have well working club and a top notch recruiting team.

lee82gx

He can be a great player, he's always had the talent. This should be the last episode for us. I don't really care about him wearing the shirt again. Yes, we are poorer without a top Rashford, but we are already there and its even worse if everyone does exactly what he does whenever they have a small injury or two, or a fake one as well. Lets ALL LET THAT SINK IN.
Personally its done, he can pack up. The next mega contract should explicitly disallow for a player to party and drink in season, regardless of physical condition.

Withnail

The UK is a kingdom and a country, nation or state. Scotland and Northern Ireland are not official countries but provinces. Wales is part of England. Northern Ireland is not part of Great Britain.

Glad we straightened that out.
Well... Country is not a strictly defined term. The UK is a country and a sovereign state. Scotland, Wales etc are countries but not sovereign states.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
The UK is a kingdom and a country, nation or state. Scotland and Northern Ireland are not official countries but provinces. Wales is part of England. Northern Ireland is not part of Great Britain.

Glad we straightened that out.
Did you seriously just say wales is a fecking part of England?!?

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Rashford parties in Belfast, I wonder if we should ban him, fine him, sell him etc...

Redcafe: But is it part of England? Let's argue about the classification of the country :lol:

Woodzy

I always assumed he had a good head on his shoulders when he was younger.

That’s what £300 a week can do to someone I guess

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
If PSG are willing to stump up a decent fee I'd happily get rid.

At a top club competing for honours a player of his consistency and with his attitude would be a supporting player. Our problem is that he is THE main man in attack.

He's a Walcott or Pedro that has been given the status of an Henry or Messi.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
I wonder does Lingaard call around to him and bitch about United and wish that they could just have the money from football to fund their real love of fashion and clothes.
Football is an inconvenience

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Controversial opinion: sell Rashford to PSG, sign Mitoma. Mitoma has a degree from dribbling school. What football degree does Rashford have?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
If PSG are willing to stump up a decent fee I'd happily get rid.

At a top club competing for honours a player of his consistency and with his attitude would be a supporting player. Our problem is that he is THE main man in attack.

He's a Walcott or Pedro that has been given the status of an Henry or Messi.
He does feel like he's that scenario people talk about sometimes where they say - "Put X in Y team and they'll easily score 15-20 goals a season". He's scored a lot for us but he's also been around for ages and basically plays every single game.

I think he's a good player but not a great one. His form has always been in patches and never really lasted a whole season. His importance has been inflated because he's from Manchester, shown quality at times when the club has been in the doldrums and been a lovely lad off the pitch (this is still the case really despite him clearly having something going on now).

In a Fergie Utd he's a squad player at best. Unfortunately he's such a big name now changing his role and game-time in the squad would never work. It would be a constant talking point about why he's not playing, even though it's quite clear he's not at the level needed.

He's likely destined for a career of moving to other clubs thinking he should be the main man and slowly finding out it doesn't work there either.

Pronewbie

Peep
That aged feckin terribly didn't it? :lol:
Fat contract fecked him didn't it. Either way he's still worth supporting as long as he knuckles down for the rest of the season. He was showing glimmers of last season's form before the break. Either way we need our overpaid divas to do well if we want to spark interest in them this summer.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
He was dropped, potentially fined and apologised. He is now back in contention to play.

This response is at the very least comparable to numerous examples with other players over the last 50 years.

Why are we still talking about it in so much detail??

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Controversial opinion: sell Rashford to PSG, sign Mitoma. Mitoma has a degree from dribbling school. What football degree does Rashford have?
I bet Rashford beats Mitoma at beer pong and other drinking games. Crucial for team moral to have someone like that!

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
He was dropped, potentially fined and apologised. He is now back in contention to play.

This response is at the very least comparable to numerous examples with other players over the last 50 years.

Why are we still talking about it in so much detail??
Probably because you're looking at this in isolation. Whereas others are linking it to previous incidents involving Rashford, or to what appears to be a culture issue at the club, or to how this could be a reflection of his on field form and behaviour this season.

LInkash

I always want to be optimistic so I'm hoping this will be a turning point for him. He'll have seen the backlash and I've seen than Rooney, Beckham and Ferdinand have all apparently talked to him so hopefully all that will put him back on track.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
The club has had concerns for several years? feck off. Even if that was the case, they've ignored years of red flags from him and bent over backwards to keep him, played him constantly when he's stinking the place out with his performances and attitude. He's their golden boy and even now they'll quickly sweep it under the rug. They should have sold him long ago, he's massively overrated anyway even when not causing drama.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
The club has had concerns for several years? feck off. Even if that was the case, they've ignored years of red flags from him and bent over backwards to keep him, played him constantly when he's stinking the place out with his performances and attitude. He's their golden boy and even now they'll quickly sweep it under the rug. They should have sold him long ago, he's massively overrated anyway even when not causing drama.
He’s a 20 goal a season player when on it. I think overrated is harsh, because he clearly has talent, he’s just very inconsistent

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
He’s a 20 goal a season player when on it. I think overrated is harsh, because he clearly has talent, he’s just very inconsistent
'20 goal a season player when on it'. 'Inconsistent'. This isn't good enough unfortunately - yet for the longest time he was put on a huge pedestal by fans and the club. And now they want to complain about how much he earns etc...do me a favour. It's the supporters fault in part that he's been put on that pedestal and is now paid so much. He has always been incredibly inconsistent and therefore doesn't belong in the starting 11 of a United team that aspires to actually win things.

Woziak

Rashford is clearly suffering mentally, probably due to his on off relationship with his ex Girlfriend, he’s got the wrong people around him right now and he needs supporting however if PSG offered £100m, United will take it without a thought. He’s not really loved by the United Fan base, he’ll still score more this season than Antony would in 3 seasons!

Mike Smalling

I know this is a side point, but this Rashford situation is just another turd that ETH has to deal with. I'm not convinced by him as a manager, but he has definitely been handed a lot of different crap to deal with. Some of it are battles he has chosen to take, and other cases has been completely beyond his control.

IRN-BRUno

Can't really defend him on this incident. It's just sad that he's not only potentially ruining his United future but maybe even his career if he doesn't sort himself out soon.

Would be nice to go a few weeks without any kind of bad press. Maguire's retrial in Greece is next Wednesday so there's the next one lined up ready to go.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I know this is a side point, but this Rashford situation is just another turd that ETH has to deal with. I'm not convinced by him as a manager, but he has definitely been handed a lot of different crap to deal with. Some of it are battles he has chosen to take, and other cases has been completely beyond his control.
Yeah, been thinking the same thing. It’s crazy how many unnecessary dramas he’s had to deal with since he joined the club. From Ronaldo and Piers, to Greenwood, to Sancho and now this. And he’s only been here a season and a half!

I think this one is arguably the most damaging of all. Risking a signing for the future as our new number nine could only possibly work if Rashford kicked on from last season and became a consistent, world class goalscorer. Serving up what Kane or Son have been doing for Spurs. Which wasn’t inconceivable, given his age and number of goals last season. For basically the exact opposite to happen has been the death knell for our season.

TrailMonkey

I think senior peeps within OT want Rashford to stay because they believe he can rediscover his form from last year. If this season's downturn is due to his head being in the wrong place + he receives/responds to the right support, then maybe he'll become a 20+ goals a season striker. 30+ no chance IMO.

If things don't work out for the remainder of this season then I don't any top European clubs, especially the likes of PSG, coming in for him. We'll be too stubborn to let him go for peanuts and will be stuck with him.

Hopefully he sorts his shizzle out.

redshaw

Would be nice if we could have the old Rashford back that if not playing well would still work hard and be committed. This Sancho saga and on off girlfriend issues that seem to have really distracted him.

The casual accommodating nature of the club will come to an end soon, the club is always hesitant to not rock the boat with fear of losing high profile players and end up paying over the odds. Firm but fair winning policy is what we need back so if a player doesn't fancy it then they can be sold.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Yeah, been thinking the same thing. It’s crazy how many unnecessary dramas he’s had to deal with since he joined the club. From Ronaldo and Piers, to Greenwood, to Sancho and now this. And he’s only been here a season and a half!

I think this one is arguably the most damaging of all. Risking a signing for the future as our new number nine could only possibly work if Rashford kicked on from last season and became a consistent, world class goalscorer. Serving up what Kane or Son have been doing for Spurs. Which wasn’t inconceivable, given his age and number of goals last season. For basically the exact opposite to happen has been the death knell for our season.
Don't forget Antony's case at the start of the season. It's madness.
And Maguire apparently still having to deal with Greek authorities.

You do wonder how much other stuff goes on that we just don't hear about in other clubs. Or whether we're just the only ones hit by this amount of shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.