Rashford Rumors (or Caf discuss news based on Daily Express to suit their agenda)

fallengt

What has he done to deserve it?
For starter Rashford's not a bench warmer, Sanchez is and he's got paid nicely for doing virtually nothing. Ed Woodward does not rate players based on their football merit, there's no logic behind it if you're looking for one. I'm just doing 1+1 here. Do I need to whitetext to make it more obvious?

Steven-UK

Rashford deserves whatever wage Sanchez is on.
He's leading the line of 6th best club in England this season after all. I don't see anything wrong with it.
Deserves?

Surely you deserve a pay rise based on performances? and based on his recent performances, he is lucky to even be in the first team. IF the rumours are true, I would personally let him go; he isn't good enough, and nor does he have the talent to be our first team striker.

It is crazy how because we are struggling, we are holding onto mediocrity, and silly demands from very average players that are tying up our wage bill, and restricting future progression.

I suppose this is Manchester United in 2019 we have come to accept - and some of the fans (on here as well) are as deluded as the players, it seems.

Raw

Just because Sanchez is on ridiculous money doesn't mean that Rashford deserves it too.

Sanchez earned that contract by being one of the best players in the league for multiple seasons, it backfired massively of course but no one would question it if he was a success.

Rashford has done nothing in comparison to Sanchez. He doesn't deserve fecking 200k a week.

Nialinho

I can't believe people would actually want to sell our best young player. What next, sell Greenwood in 3 seasons to Real?
Rashford is brilliant. Deserves better players around him.

People on here are getting stupid because of recent performances.
This.

There's no way he's leaving and his agent has every right to demand big money considering the wages of other players who offer us less, he's still a massive talent. I really don't understand fans turning on him because of recent results, writing him off when he's 21 and shown what he has so far is just stupid. You've also got to bare in mind the state our team has been in the last few years and the fact he's had to play in Mourinho's rigid system. Just wait until we get some more quality around him..

Born2Lose

Big Rashford fan but if it's true about £200k+ we should call his bluff. people talk about Sanchez, but let's be honest it all started with an over the hill Rooney taking us to the cleaners for £250,000 a week.

Sir Scott McToMinay

Big Rashford fan but if it's true about £200k+ we should call his bluff. people talk about Sanchez, but let's be honest it all started with an over the hill Rooney taking us to the cleaners for £250,000 a week.
Rooney and Sanchez were elite level players, Rashford has done feck all in comparison.

Nick7

I can't believe people would actually want to sell our best young player. What next, sell Greenwood in 3 seasons to Real?
We might as well sell him now, he was less than stellar against West Ham.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I second this. Huge fan, but it did start with Rooney. Makes me nervous that Rooney were his role model and when they both played here at the same time, Rooney were maybe a bit delusional in regards to his qualities or it seemed so because he had special privileges to play no matter how bad he was. It reminds me a bit of the current Rashford situation, which is worrying. I want better performances from our main striker and I'm of course willing to give Rashford time but if there is a similar situation to Rooney were he has a lot of power and plays no matter how he performs then maybe we fecked him up and need to move on? Hurts to say but...

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
We should stop the agents linking these ridiculous rumours of transfers to elite clubs for monopoly money by refusing to play ball in negotiations if these stories are found to be circulated by agents. It's really not helpful for the club, epitomises our mediocrity and lack of structure and winds us fans up. Suppose it would be hard to prove but if you could find the source of the stories was the agents then we'd maybe be able to put a stop to it.

As others have said he has no business bartering with the club, he's lucky to be starting and on anything close to 100k a week. If this continues, sell up.

beingshe7don

I second this. Huge fan, but it did start with Rooney. Makes me nervous that Rooney were his role model and when they both played here at the same time, Rooney were maybe a bit delusional in regards to his qualities or it seemed so because he had special privileges to play no matter how bad he was. It reminds me a bit of the current Rashford situation, which is worrying. I want better performances from our main striker and I'm of course willing to give Rashford time but if there is a similar situation to Rooney were he has a lot of power and plays no matter how he performs then maybe we fecked him up and need to move on? Hurts to say but...
Rashford is no where near Rooney level. At one time, in terms of raw talent, Rooney came into the same bracket as Messi and Ronaldo. Rooney dominated games by himself and was a lethal finisher. Rashford hasn't done jack for me to think he's worth those wages. He can't lead the line yet and he wants 200k. Dream on... Honestly, after all the deadwood, all these players holding the club to ransom should be moved on as well. If Barca want Rashford, they can have him. I rate Mason Greenwood a lot higher and he could turn into a world beater. Also wished that we should have sold Januzaj for 50m back then when PSG had bidded for him. There so much hype surrounding Rashford... He's a poor finisher, runs like a headless chicken with no maturity, hold-off play is non-existent. He misses a whole lot of chances which he should be putting away.

AndyJ1985

For starter Rashford's not a bench warmer, Sanchez is and he's got paid nicely for doing virtually nothing. Ed Woodward does not rate players based on their football merit, there's no logic behind it if you're looking for one. I'm just doing 1+1 here. Do I need to whitetext to make it more obvious?
Stupid logic. That'd mean everyone in the first team deserves to earn more than Sanchez.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Nice opportunity to bash the lad without any substance to it as yet.

No I don't think he is worth 200k a week at the moment but I think he deserves maybe 150 and then hopefully develop and then he can get more.

tomaldinho1

What's with Barca constantly being used by our players to get a better contract? Have our players finally learned something from Ronaldo? :lol:
Wasn't Barca supposed to want Herrera in the 2017 summer also? :rolleyes:
The part about Herrera I think was true because Valverde supposedly rates him highly. Doubt he'd have started there but would have been a decent squad addition.

Rashford for £100m, I'd take that all day long

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
No way Barcelona wants him. Not yet anyway. He's still not very prolific. He's not on the level of a young michael owen or Rooney. He may come good, but he's not there yet. Still might turn out to be Danny wellbeck.

Sterling Archer

The cheek some of our players have is quite remarkable.
is it cheek or is it a smart professional move? You've got a coworker that hasn't worked in months, and when he has puts out terrible work. You've been pulling the weight earning a third the wages.

Fans really should try to separate the professional negotiation from their feelings on a player. Especially one that I've not seen leave the pitch without giving his all, even when it doesn't come off

Embarrassing isn't it? Pot being stirred up by the press conveniently before our Barca tie and people not only bite they lose their sh*t and turn on their own academy kid!

Sparky Rhiwabon

Glenn Murray
Josh King
Lukaku
Milivojevic (mostly pens)
Richarlison
Sigurdsson
Firmino
Son
Jiménez
Wilson
Lacazette
Pogba
Vardy
Hazard
Kane
Sterling
Mané
Aubameyang
Salah
Aguero

All players who have scored more Premier League goals than Rashford this season (Mitrovic has the same). I’m not sure how he thinks he’s worth those sorts of wages apart from the fact that he’s lucky enough to have broken through at one of the richest clubs in the world

Last edited:

Hoof the ball

We harbour sentimental opinions when it comes to Rashford, but the reality of the situation is that there can be no sentimentality at a club like ours. Such sentimentality is the reason why we're placed where we are. We're overindulgent in our wage structure to players who are yet to prove themselves outside of sporadic bursts of good form. If he wants 200k, and believes he's worth it, then by all means he's welcome to convince other top clubs of that fact, but to agree to pay him 200k based on unrealised potential is absolutely insane.

el3mel

Sources for this 200 k stuff? It's important to know before replaying.

john moran

Let's get some perspective here. Rashford is still very young and has shown (not consistently granted) elements to his game that suggest he could become a very talented top tier player. Added to this, he is Manc born and bred and always puts 100% effort in when he pulls on the shirt. How anyone could suggest that we should sell him- given the shambles our squad is at the moment is unbelievable.
Being Manc born and bred is an irrelevance as is the obsession with English players in general. Man Utd are a global brand based in Manchester England. Less than 2% of their income would come from Mancs or people based in Manchester. I don't care if Rashford came from just outside Old Trafford or from Antartica as long as he is good enough. Right now that is a question still very much to be answered.

Last edited by a moderator:

imamuppet

You've got a coworker that hasn't worked in months, and when he has puts out terrible work. You've been pulling the weight earning a third the wages
Stop just stop, dont really post to such stupid comments but you got me with this.

Please explain to everyone here on this public forum what you think 'working' as a professional footballer curtails, as it seems with your comment that 'working' is only playing in matches!

Regards the topic at hand, although I believe its just paper talk, the World is going to pot with everything revolving around money, but thats a different topic .......

yeah ive just contradicted myself, heheheheee

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Tabloids or not there is every indication that the agents involved are primed and ready to take us to the cleaners. It's hardly a coincidence all these daily stories come out about contract renewal time. With Martial getting a bumper deal it's completely logical Rashford will be next. And I could be mistaken but you don't tend to see these kinds of stories nearly so often from better run clubs, they have the parasites that surround players under control. We clearly don't.

cyril C

Anyone know what Sterling is on? All the club have to do with Rashford is especially and ask him if he feels he's worth whatever Sterling is getting at City
Are you comparing Sterling with Rashford? 2 seasons ago this may be a valid comparision but Sterling has moved on. Rashford is at par with Deli - great prospects but not there yet, on and off every 2 games. But you know what, Deli doesn't cause as much problem to Spurs. Even Sane and B Silva are performing consistently.

MadMike

Glenn Murray
Josh King
Lukaku
Milivojevic (mostly pens)
Richarlison
Sigurdsson
Firmino
Son
Jiménez
Wilson
Lacazette
Pogba
Vardy
Hazard
Kane
Sterling
Mané
Aubameyang
Salah
Aguero

All players who have scored more Premier League goals than Rashford this season (Mitrovic has the same). I’m not sure how he thinks he’s worth those sorts of wages apart from the fact that he’s lucky enough to have broken through at one of the richest clubs in the world
We don't know what he's being paid or asking for, but I'm willing to bet the guys in above aren't far off 200k pw and a few are well above it. As always with contracts it's about the time of negotiation too. Very often players are paid less than they're worth while half way through a contract, because of the forward looking nature of the financial arrangement.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
Are you comparing Sterling with Rashford? 2 seasons ago this may be a valid comparision but Sterling has moved on. Rashford is at par with Deli - great prospects but not there yet, on and off every 2 games. But you know what, Deli doesn't cause as much problem to Spurs. Even Sane and B Silva are performing consistently.
Rashford isn’t even close to either right now.

dogwithabone

Just because Sanchez is on ridiculous money doesn't mean that Rashford deserves it too.

Sanchez earned that contract by being one of the best players in the league for multiple seasons, it backfired massively of course but no one would question it if he was a success.

Rashford has done nothing in comparison to Sanchez. He doesn't deserve fecking 200k a week.

Agree.

I said this a week or two back. Sanchez undoubtedly deserved, in football terms, his contract at the time. He had been a consistently brilliant footballer for a number of seasons, he absolutely warranted it.

Rashford, as you say, has done nothing in comparison and isn’t worth a quarter of what we are paying Sanchez. The fact Sanchez isn’t performing is irrelevant and if we were to give him a contract extension it would be on vastly reduced terms in line with his performances and that is exactly where Rashford is currently at.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Do we just take tabloid paper talk at face value on this forum now?

cyril C

Rashford isn’t even close to either right now.
That is right. If he is banging in goals like Mpabbe then 200K+ is well deserved, but he is not. 150K is already a steal so cut out all the greedy spoiled brats, starting with Pogba and Rashford. Any offer of 100m+ we should seriously consider. Any serious offer of 70m+ for DDG should also consider. See if there is any club willing to pay 500K for them. Erikson, Son, and even Kane don't cause as much problem, right?

poleglass red

He'll stay, they'll get together and sort this out, you don't want to let go of highly talented home grown younger players. This kid gets it, we've seen him struggle through games with injuries when more highly paid players would have been off getting treatment. His form has been patchy, but he is playing in front of a midfield with one player capable of creativity and who himself is horribly inconsistent. When he's played with Martial and/or Lukaku, we can't press as them two and Pogba won't. get him in a fluid front line and attacking mid where we press as a unit. Get some much needed creativity added to our mid.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
It's extremely likely that 200k is the kind of figure Rashford and his agents are going after based on other salaries at our club and in the rest of the premier league.

Don't think anyone takes the Real Barcelona stories at face value, but is it not obvious that there is a whole set of machinations come into play around contract renewal time, with the express aim of creating leverage when thrashing out terms of a new contract? Part of that process is a daily shit show of stories in the tabloids.

Nick7

It's the same as always. If the story is in any way negative, it's true. If it's positive, it's false. That's how this site has been for the last few years.

He's not brilliant though. He's had more bad games than good ones over the last couple of years. His performances aren't worthy of his status.
In context of his age, yes they are. For a 21 year old he has been brilliant.