Rashford | takes on the government over free meals for kids - and wins

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
He's such a nice, ordinary lad isn't he? Doesn't come across as a genius or anything but he's got his head screwed on for sure, hope he keeps going for the sake of football and the country as a whole. Remember when that great dollop (Hancock?) was trying to blame footballers for the NHS not having PPE or whatever it was? Who's the heartless scum now then eh? :lol:

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
He's such a nice, ordinary lad isn't he? Doesn't come across as a genius or anything but he's got his head screwed on for sure, hope he keeps going for the sake of football and the country as a whole. Remember when that great dollop (Hancock?) was trying to blame footballers for the NHS not having PPE or whatever it was? Who's the heartless scum now then eh? :lol:
Maybe not but how many of us are?
Also, he did a fantastic job of speaking to bbc yesterday. Totally out of his comfort zone, talking about something completely different to football — that's really hard to do. I’ve seen people who otherwise are very intelligent absolutely crumble whilst public speaking to a much, much smaller audience. At 22, he’s absolutely brilliant.

POF

Top man. He's a credit to the Manchester United and everyone at the club should be extremely proud of him.

Paxi

Jesus christ she is an absolute cnut. Shes worse then trump.
She needs to be deported to that island that’s filled with snakes. They’d probably all fecking migrate because of her. She’s a total scumbag.

MUM

Well done Marcus, your campaign has been brilliant.

Paxi

Top man. He's a credit to the Manchester United and everyone at the club should be extremely proud of him.
He’s a credit to football and to this country and if I was English I’d be extremely proud right now.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Such a wholesome guy, honestly so proud he is at our club!

Take that Hancock, last time he criticises footballers!

Fts 74

Take a bow Marcus.

It's so good to see footballers using their profile in a positive way.

He's an inspiration and an absolute credit to his family.
As a utd fan I couldn't be more proud.

Lelouch geass

I work in the field of child nutrition in Nepal and have been voicing out on this cause to government for just 0.1 pound per child for a day meal at school. If children do not get good food it means whole nation future will be less productive. What Rashford did is even UN agencies struggle to lobby against the government for fund.!!

United Hobbit

Fantastic achievement after his already excellent fundraising efforts during lockdown

Surely at the very least he should be shortlisted for the honours? Good suggestion about Sports Personality as well hopefully United congratulate him as well

marktan

Really impressed by Rashford here, not just by the end goal but the way he went about it. The tweets with calls to action, open letters to MPs, all of it was spot on. Not sure if he had advice on it but either way he was excellent in his campaigning.

pascell

Has there ever been a footballer knighted whilst playing? If he continues doing all this brilliant work, I can't help but think he'll be knighted. Incredible to think he's still only 22 and making sure voices are being heard.

Hephaestus

Has there ever been a footballer knighted whilst playing? If he continues doing all this brilliant work, I can't help but think he'll be knighted. Incredible to think he's still only 22 and making sure voices are being heard.
Sir Stanley Matthews was but only because he was still playing when he turned 50.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
What the feck is wrong with this creature? Disgusting attitude and disgusting to look at. How the hell do these sort of people gather a following?
Appeal to lowest in society. Proper scum.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
What the feck is wrong with this creature? Disgusting attitude and disgusting to look at. How the hell do these sort of people gather a following?
I like to imagine the things people would moan about if world peace suddenly broke out... I mean won't someone think of the gun runners?