Rashford | takes on the government over free meals for kids - and wins

reelworld

fecking great result from Rashford. Absolutely chuffed for him and the under privilege kids he's campaigning for.

Could you imagine how the discussion went on the 10?

"Well, apparently keeping children hungry is not a popular decision. Who would've thought??"

lex talionis

Gratitude and respect forever for this act of decency, which should never have been necessary but was, and you stood up, Marcus to be counted and lead.

The western democracies are being forced to reflect on our values and you have made your voice, our voice, heard. Thank you!

Sara125

The Labour Party are so full of shit. Looking real funny in the light coming out in support of Rashford, when their ex leader wanted to do everything Rashford is doing and more they threw him under the bus and their current leader is happy to let Rashford basically do his job for him.

sparx99

The Labour Party are so full of shit. Looking real funny in the light coming out in support of Rashford, when their ex leader wanted to do everything Rashford is doing and more they threw him under the bus and their current leader is happy to let Rashford basically do his job for him.
I quite like Keit Starmer tbh. I think what is sad about this is how a young footballer has so much more of a platform to call out the govt than the leader of the opposition. How many people can regularly quote what happened at PMQ’s and yet Rashford with a few tweets can a cause a u-turn.

Sara125

I quite like Keit Starmer tbh. I think what is sad about this is how a young footballer has so much more of a platform to call out the govt than the leader of the opposition. How many people can regularly quote what happened at PMQ’s and yet Rashford with a few tweets can a cause a u-turn.
Yep. Mentioned as well earlier in the thread that this is embarrassing on the govt’s part

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Feck me. I'm usually a right miserable old cynic but this is such genuinely heartwarming stuff that even I can't find anything to moan about.

So nice to read such positive stuff at such a difficult time. I'm ridiculously proud of him.
Yep. It has actively made me happier.

GenZRed

Don't forget about the emotive letter. ;)

Was spread by twitter though, to be fair.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Good, wholesome policies are only a part of being able to deliver change.

Rolaholic

Yea it's been quite ironic how so many of the positions their last leader was lambasted for publicly and privately in the not too distant past are now completely in favor/fashion by the party and even the Tories right now in time of crisis :lol:, funny how that works

Cloud7

Rashford is the people’s champion. Time for the Rock to relinquish that title.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
This is absolutely fantastic. I feel surprisingly emotional about it, I don't think anything like this has ever been achieved by an English footballer before? Not to mention one who's so young. Incredibly impressive, and the best example I can think of of a public figure using their platform to make a directly positive impact on society.

He's going straight in my fantasy team.

I don't know how anybody could hear Marcus Rashford give an interview and view him as unintelligent. He is a well-spoken, polite young man and it has transpired over the last few weeks, a great guy who has gone above and beyond what is expected of footballers, in order to make a difference.
It's the accent. I remember being told by some corporate trainer type when i first started working that a big reason why so many call centres employ Northerners and Scots is because of the voice, people think we're friendly and they're smarter than us.

Fridge chutney

What a driven, intelligent, and good person Rashford is. I love him!

We could all learn a thing or 10 from him. Inspirational.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It's the accent. I remember being told by some corporate trainer type when i first started working that a big reason why so many call centres employ Northerners and Scots is because of the voice, people think we're friendly and they're smarter than us.
That's something I've never thought of before but is probably right :lol: :devil:

fergies coat

Its a brilliant achievement from him. Such a mature young man for his age.

He grew up just around the corner from Ravel Morrison. (and me) It shows what kind of temperament he's got.

I don't think anyone should slag him off again on this forum.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
This is really incredible thing he has done. Not only will the children who will have something to eat but it will ease the burden on their families who I’m sure are already under severe pressure. Imagine the anxiety and stress of knowing your child isn’t getting enough food? The fact is, Rashford has helped not just 1.3 children but their parents as well. Even if it’s for the summer, the anxiety they’ve had would have been slightly alleviated today. Absolutely fantastic job. I was an absolute wasteman at 22 and if I had his money, I’m pretty sure I’d have been a bigger idiot. He is mature way beyond his years — a true role model for young people.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
He and Captain Tom- separated by 78 years yet become unlikely heroes through this madness
It’s fantastic that guys from two different spectrums are the two heroes of this pandemic. One is 100 and a war veteran and the other is young man who’s not expected to lead by example — not really, but yet here we are. Fantastic achievement by both and both did exceptionally well to inspire the nation.