Rashford teams up with Burberry

ROFLUTION

Aye, Burberry is a funny match as they're quite expensive for the little boy he writes to, but whatever makes big money go in the right pockets. Rashford for PM.

Lynty

Is Burberry still considered chavvy? When I was in school, you was a 'chav' if you owned a Burberry cap.

Hackman2210

Bad match in my opinion. Burberry used to manufacture in the Rhondda Valleys. Then they closed the factory and fecked off to china where they could employ cheap labour and make even more money of the brand. Have you seen the price on Burberry nowadays? Only russian oligarchs and footballers can afford to buy their pants!

Is Burberry still considered chavvy? When I was in school, you was a 'chav' if you owned a Burberry cap.
No the brand has changed now, Christopher Bailey pretty much rejuvenated the brand and took it in a new direction, he left the company in 2018. Riccardo Tisci is now the creative director he was previously at Givenchy.

Lynty

No the brand has changed now, Christopher Bailey pretty much rejuvenated the brand and took it in a new direction, he left the company in 2018. Riccardo Tisci is now the creative director he was previously at Givenchy.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It was always fake Burberry everyone was wearing, anyway

Lynty

Hmm, kind of looks exactly the same as it always has.
So does FILA. Was considered a bargain bucket brand 15 years ago. Seen a fair few fashionable teens wearing it now.

Nothing changed apart from marketing I believe.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
He looks like a shit batman in that photo.
Yeah that suit is trash, he looks like a Yank undertaker. Good on him though, hopefully he can extract maximum money and awareness out of these rich folks to be used for something good!

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Ah so the brand that changed its look because it didn’t want to be associated with the lower class and the poor is now jumping on this bandwagon. You love to see it

Dan_F

Lovely. The brand that burnt £90 million of clothes because they couldn’t sell it, and didn’t want to sell it at a discount. I’m sure the same can be said for lots of high end brands. But still it’s a bit of a weird time to be collaborating with them.

Born2Lose

Wish he'd put his hand in his pocket instead of filling them by exploiting such a depressing issue.

Lovely. The brand that burnt £90 million of clothes because they couldn’t sell it, and didn’t want to sell it at a discount. I’m sure the same can be said for lots of high end brands. But still it’s a bit of a weird time to be collaborating with them.
They stopped doing this in 2018 thankfully.

RUCK4444

In fairness I suppose if they sell £90 million of clothes for pennies it would cheapen the brand overnight, sort of commercial suicide for a luxury brand.

Edit; Yeah agree it's a bit of a strange collaboration.

Last edited: