2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Scottynaldinho

We needed a goalscorer more than anyone else. We could've skipped on Mount and went for Kane with striker's and Mason's funds.

Grande

Only watched the highlights but he seems to be living off scraps. Not a whole lot of clear cut chances being created for him, came close to a few crosses that came into the box but they came in a little to fast for him to get there in time.

You can tell he is still quite raw and I fear the state of the team isn’t going to do him any favours with developing.
Yea, it’s not ideal for a 20 year old coming in to be the only feasible striker in a team aiming for CL spots and two tournaments.

He’s doing a lot of important work for the team, and he was inches from scoring again. Precision dropped in his passing the last half hour, apart from that you could see why we needed him on the pitch. Finally we have a target man as well.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
We needed a goalscorer more than anyone else. We could've skipped on Mount and went for Kane with striker's and Mason's funds.
For the 100th time, Spurs were going to tax if he went to a PL team and given his wages, it's questionable if the deal would have been possible under FFP.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Didn’t you hear Kane said recently he is glad he didn’t join us? Just stopped whoring for him. We can’t afford his wage anyway.

OldTrevil

His hold up play needs a lot of work. Admirable energy and intent to run the channels though.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Think his movements excellent, his work rate is excellent, he does all the right ideas and the talent & physique is there. Just time to put it all together as he's... 20. So yeah. Very obviously just needs time and there will be some games where he is slightly off on some things (another day like today he could've scored 3 with the Dalot and Bruno crosses and the Rashford header down). That's why there are just so few 20 year olds who have ever been prolific or even regular starters as a CF. Think he'll be a quality player for us and will be key this year

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Can he become a real gem? Early days, doesn’t seem so.
In fact I'd say he shows a very good knowledge and level of talent for all the things required to be an elite CF, and he's shown them here. Pace, power, hold up play, unselfish, great movement, always a whisker away from getting on the end of chances which will inevitably turn, works hard defensively and off the ball. He's 20.. just take a look at the list of strikers over the past 30 years who have done anything similar or more than him in a big league at his age. It's a tiny list, full of great strikers only.

Kramer

Yes, but is he better than a healthy Martial?
He will be. Because he will score the kind of goals Martial never did. And in a functional attacking unit, that’s what you need your striker to do. Be in the box and get on the end of things.

Sadly, a fit and firing Martial doesnt exist anymore. And I’ve been a big Martial fan over the years.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Just skimmed few pages, looks like few look this transfer through "we should have got Kane" lense, as if the transfer decision was "Which player ManUtd should pick, Kane or Hojlund". Some of the posters are so detached from reality, Kane wasn't an option for us for lot of reasons. Sky with their usual nonsense debates really make people think we had option to sign both and we picked Hojlund. People should move on from Kane.

Hojlund did well, it was refreshing to see CF winning physical battles with CBs and also making lot of runs to attack the crosses. His work rate is very good too, his passing was bit off today but overall he had decent enough game.

He has lot of good attributes to become very good CF for us.

city-puma

In fact I'd say he shows a very good knowledge and level of talent for all the things required to be an elite CF, and he's shown them here. Pace, power, hold up play, unselfish, great movement, always a whisker away from getting on the end of chances which will inevitably turn, works hard defensively and off the ball. He's 20.. just take a look at the list of strikers over the past 30 years who have done anything similar or more than him in a big league at his age. It's a tiny list, full of great strikers only.
His ball control and first touch worry me. I don’t expect he is superb in those aspects but in the Burnley game it doesn’t look good.

RuudtheRed

He is better for the team than Weghorst and Old Ronaldo. Weghorst in particular never looked like he was fast enough to get on the end of routine crosses, was terrible in the air (given his height) and was incapable of shielding the ball. At least Hojlund gives us that extra attacking edge, even if he didn't play too well today.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
He has some very good attributes, clearly his passing needs a lot of work. He's 20 years old, new to the league and playing unfit for a team that barely creates anything. Give him time, there is good potential there.

cpresc

Rantmaster Goldbirge claims Kane was the other striker
yeah if we had the budget to bring Kane in, the Rasmus would have been an addition - like our Alvarez basically, young quality talent coming off the bench

But now he’s our 20yo main striker and I hope can handle the big early price tag better than Sancho

Borys

Statistics Wizard
It's obvious he is a prospect more than anything else. It's also obvious be isn't very good now. Particular aspects of his game need a lot of work.
I'm glad we have him, even if I don't see the gem in him yet.

Unam333

He is better for the team than Weghorst and Old Ronaldo. Weghorst in particular never looked like he was fast enough to get on the end of routine crosses, was terrible in the air (given his height) and was incapable of shielding the ball. At least Hojlund gives us that extra attacking edge, even if he didn't play too well today.
I found Hojlund a bit sluggish yesterday and he doesn't look that fast to me. It was a hard game for him, we sat back deep and he was all alone upfront feeding on scraps and challenging for high balls.

But he's getting in positions in the opponents' box when we do go forward, that's a real plus

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Crazy how quick our fans judge players. I thought he did a good job last night. Not really a strikers dream was it?

fergosaurus

I thought he played well but seeing the reaction in here I’m clearly second guessing it.
He did okay all things considered, he's being harshly criticised over a couple of sloppy passes and a poor first touch. The caf can be unforgiving at times, people were moaning about Bruno's pass completion stats after the match, even though he'd scored a world class goal and played well otherwise.

ti vu

I found Hojlund a bit sluggish yesterday and he doesn't look that fast to me. It was a hard game for him, we sat back deep and he was all alone upfront feeding on scraps and challenging for high balls.

But he's getting in positions in the opponents' box when we do go forward, that's a real plus
We played two away games Wednesday and Saturday. Very short window for recovery and tactic work against Burnley. Fitness wise, Burnley had the advantage. Someone like Eriksen clearly didn't have stamina and not needed when we tried to weather the storm. Whereas normally, you would think someone that great with ball retention can be used some time in second half to control and see out the game. Even someone young like Hojlund would feel the fatigue with this kind of schedule, and the onslaught from Bayern. Even back in SAF days, PL game after an CL away game could be tricky.

stw2022

If he wasn't playing with someone as wasteful and unproductive with the ball and we see him getting two or three decent chances every match, he's going to be flying.

At the moment he has that handicap along with having to press for two.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Why on Earth are people still bringing up Kane? He was never coming to United, he wanted to go somewhere to win trophies.

On Rasmus, I like what I see so far. He's pretty much as expected. It's also nice to have a striker that makes good striker movements in the box. He isn't the cleanest striker of the ball though, so hopefully that doesn't become a problem.

Red Rash

It's obvious he is a prospect more than anything else. It's also obvious be isn't very good now. Particular aspects of his game need a lot of work.
I'm glad we have him, even if I don't see the gem in him yet.
With all due respect I think these are insanely premature statements to make after two starts and one sub appearance in a new league and for an underperforming team.

UpWithRivers

Why on Earth are people still bringing up Kane? He was never coming to United, he wanted to go somewhere to win trophies.

On Rasmus, I like what I see so far. He's pretty much as expected. It's also nice to have a striker that makes good striker movements in the box. He isn't the cleanest striker of the ball though, so hopefully that doesn't become a problem.
Because Kane is the level of striker that should be at Man Utd and as a big club we should be getting this level of striker. Liverpool went outand got Nunez which is a step down. Hojlund is levels below even him. Heck is he even as good as Gakpo? I have nothing against the kid but paying 70 mill for him as our main striker is why people think we are now Tottenham.

90 + 5min

I like his movement, workrate, desire and what he brings to the team.

Goals should come automaticly when he gets more games and he gets to know Premier League and his team.

arnoldS

He will be good. Not his best performance but hhe worked hos ass off. He hhas no chemistry with Rashford yet but if they develop it further and start to click they could be amazing.

Had my doubts but I think he will be a great asset for us. I also think he is not 100% fit yet he seemed to be shot after 70 minutes

acid_fuji

You people complain the we don’t buy youngsters and allow them to set in and when it comes to that you complain you wanted Kane which was not possible anyway. If we would bought Bellingham from Birmingham it would be the same.

Andersons Dietician

He looks like he’ll score goals, just got to watch the movement and desire he showing to get in to positions. He should have scored yesterday with that one from Dalot that was fired across the box but the positive for me was that he made the run something the others just don’t do.

Hopefully we don’t crush his enthusiasm for getting in these positions and people start to pass it more and put the ball in these great positions for him.

Acquire Me

Crazy how quick our fans judge players. I thought he did a good job last night. Not really a strikers dream was it?
It’s just the usual nonsense. He did a good job yesterday and will only be better. When the team play better as well and I expect we will start kicking on, he will find more chances as well.

Very happy we signed him.

Pickle85

It’s just the usual nonsense. He did a good job yesterday and will only be better. When the team play better as well and I expect we will start kicking on, he will find more chances as well.

Very happy we signed him.
Yup. On another day he bags at least one, and that's spearheading what is currently a very dysfunctional attacking unit. Lots to be positive about imo, though as he hasn't demonstrated a Messi like first touch some here will find fault.

redDNA

Supports
Enyimba FC of Aba
The state of Caf.

He is young, in a new country, adapting to a new culture, new league (the most competitive league),just returned back from injury,real life is not football manager. He needs time to settle .

Given the above circumstances, his performance was good, I really like that he is trying to get to the end of crosses.

Oranges038

It's probably the same morons who have written off Onana after a few games. But even after several years of bullshit defend the likes of Maguire and Martial, think Fred shouldn't have been sold and that McTominay still has something to offer.

Steve 007

It's probably the same morons who have written off Onana after a few games. But even after several years of bullshit defend the likes of Maguire and Martial, think Fred shouldn't have been sold and that McTominay still has something to offer.
Exactly. Martial had the world at his feet. He’s done nothing in the last few years except a decent sub appearance on Wednesday. McFred was the weakest midfield we’ve ever had and Evans has made Maguire look like the 35 year old. If we want to be successful we need Hoijilund, Mount, Amrabat and Mount to be a success. Very impressed with this young striker he has a hunger, determination and looks like a natural. Give him time.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
With all due respect I think these are insanely premature statements to make after two starts and one sub appearance in a new league and for an underperforming team.
Well, this isn't really a extreme statement. He isn't very good but also isn't bad, I feel he's a bit meh, which was expected.

We all know he's a prospect and was bought for the future, but that doesn't mean I need to label his basic contribution as anything amazing. I think he will bag some goals and just his presence is a plus. I'm not worried about him.