2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

3KDré

He makes about 20 runs a game that just get ignored. So many blindside runs and no one puts the ball in the box.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
I know he's so young but he's not ready to lead the line yet. Far too raw. Today was one of the worse games I've seen him play for us, hardly offered anything in attack, other than the shot early on. He was lacking his usual energy too, I was watching him closely and he was just ambling around, a bit like Martial. To go so long in the PL without scoring is telling. I'm not deliberately trying to have a go at him or write him off, I'm just offering my opinion based on what I've seen so far and unfortunately it's not good (in the PL). I really hope it works out for the lad.

Mike Smalling

Wasn’t involved enough. It’s not like he had a bunch of bad touches, he just didn’t really get the ball.

el3mel

I know he has potential and I'm not doubting it but let's get real, it's actually freaking ridiculous he hasn't scored a single league goal by December. The fact we don't have a reliable striker who bangs goals is part of the reason of us struggling massively this season.

This money could have been spent better, on a more proven striker I guess.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
The kid had less than 70 professional games to his name when Utd signed him. He’s only 20. I think his naysayers may need to chill a bit and let him develop.
They can't. The ADHD generation love fastfood football too much.

El Zoido

I feel for him cause there have been so many times when he’s been standing free in the box for a tap in and gets totally ignored while whoever is on the ball blazes it over or wide. We have a striker that needs a goal, we should be trying to set him up to get him off the mark.

FerociousCorgis

I know he has potential and I'm not doubting it but let's get real, it's actually freaking ridiculous he hasn't scored a single league goal by December. The fact we don't have a reliable striker who bangs goals is part of the reason of us struggling massively this season.

Rashford has what 1 league goal, the pk from Bruno giving it to him? Too bad we didn't get the pk today at a point where Bruno could give it to hojlund. Team needs to feed hojlund in box a bit better

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
It's a shame he didn't get the layup from McTominay when he went for the hat trick. Scoring that 1st goal will be an immense lift for him.

SirSean

Yes and no. If he gets the service, and the team plays coherent he'll score the goals. Our play is dire when it comes to setting up our strikers. Look at any striker we've had in the last 3-4 years. We're horribly set up to accomodate a striker.

twitter thread suggester
Ran his socks off and such a big reason for our dominance. They had no time on the ball.

MattofManchester

A key part of our press. Absolutely vital in that aspect from the front.

He'll get goals. The CL shows that. But his teammates need to look for him. He's still raw. But he'll come good.

Werewolf

His movement and positioning are very very good, it's just a matter of time before he starts scoring. It's actually very refreshing to have a forward with proper striker instincts.

Woodzy

I’m still not worried. He does the work when he’s not scoring that you would expect from a number 9 (and we didn’t have previously) and he’s not really getting the service to be scoring consistently.

He’s raw, and doesn’t really create his own chances, but I wouldn’t write him off yet.

tomaldinho1

Thought it was a great performance from him, covers loads of ground, just needs a bit of luck - he was a few inches from a few crosses and to be honest could have scored for McT's second.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Defenders are concerning themselves with him to the point it allows Scott McTominay to score at a Frank Lampard rate..

cyberman

Scott loves him. The second goal encapsulates exactly how they vibe off each other

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Thought it was a great performance from him, covers loads of ground, just needs a bit of luck - he was a few inches from a few crosses and to be honest could have scored for McT's second.
If Mctominay looked up for chance on his hat trick, he just had to square it to Hojlund for a really first goal as well.

Absolutely starved of service, but he will come good.

Lyng

Fantastic tonight. He was such a vital part of our press. Made tons of great run which where sadly ignored by Bruno.

tomaldinho1

If Mctominay looked up for chance on his hat trick, he just had to square it to Hojlund for a really first goal as well.

Absolutely starved of service, but he will come good.
Yep - Garnacho as well should have really passed to him a coupe of times. Goals will come.

the_cliff

The kid had less than 70 professional games to his name when Utd signed him. He’s only 20. I think his naysayers may need to chill a bit and let him develop.
It's only normal and should be expected. In fact I think he's been given a lot of leeway by the media and fans in general. Ok he's young but he's on 0 goals in the league and cost 60 odd million. You lot have signed a similarly young striker for half the price and has been your top scorer so far this season. This in a team that has struggled this season more than we have.

laughtersassassin

I still believe in him. Might take till next season but I think he'll come good.

Needs to get the goal monkey off his back. Might take a penalty to do it.

If he wasn't doing so well in the CL I'd be more worried.

binary bot
I think he's great. Never seen someone be inches away from a tap-in so often.

Someone said he was the right striker but at the wrong time. Completely disagree. We need to make these long term signings to get out of this cycle.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
It's only normal and should be expected. In fact I think he's been given a lot of leeway by the media and fans in general. Ok he's young but he's on 0 goals in the league and cost 60 odd million. You lot have signed a similarly young striker for half the price and has been your top scorer so far this season. This in a team that has struggled this season more than we have.
Hojlund should have never been given the pressure of being the lone solution. Having Martial as your only true competition isn't inspiring for any guy. I still maintain we should have brought in an early to mid 30s well established striker along the mold of a Giroud. It would have provided so much coverage for this kid to ease in. Cutting Martial or demoting him to 3rd choice to me is almost more critical than anything else. Can't win if you don't score.

Manny

Grammar Police
His head is dropping as you'd expect in his situation.

Worked hard for the team though, particularly in the first half and allowed us to stamp our authority on the game. The goals will come.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He didn't score but I thought attacking 3 with Bruno was one of the big reason for the dominant performance, he was relentless in his pressing, which helped to win possession many times and also Chelsea lost stability as they weren't able to pass from back.

The_Midfielder

His head is dropping as you'd expect in his situation.

Worked hard for the team though, particularly in the first half and allowed us to stamp our authority on the game. The goals will come.
He should have taken the penalty

Rustyspider13

Our players have gotten so used to playing with a striker with no physical presence they've forgotten how to cross. And sometimes it feels like they are actively ignoring Hojlund. Right before he was subbed, Garnacho went on a run on the LW with Hojlund in front of him. The smart play is to put Hojlund through on the wing and wait for him to put a ball in the box from his stronger left side. But Garnacho kept running and lost the ball. And Dalot always tried to find Garnacho in the far post instead of Hojlund in the middle.

Now Hojlund is not perfect. His touch isn't great. And he doesn't win enough air balls with his back to goal. But he has good movement and we need to use the qualities he does have to get him scoring. At the very least his attitude is on point.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
If you watch it before he turns it seems like he gets the shout, if he goes for it I think we don't score.
It was strange situation because he was looking around and not even watching the ball at the end. So it does seems thst McT shouted something.

Ole'sgunnarwin

It's crazy he has no league goals, good lord. It's weird I think he's good but our players need to pass it to him more. But he also needs to get in good position for crosses. McTominay positions himself far better which is concerning

Irwin99

I’m willing him to get that goal. His overall performance and work rate was decent, I just wish he’d get more chances.