Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

niima

Supports
United
He has lost his confidence.
The dark side is,he will probably not get that much scoring chances again in a game

lex talionis

Rasmus started out brightly but has has regressed badly. It’s hard to know the problem is, but he looks like a footballer who’s nowhere near the same page as his teammates.

Last edited:

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
23 apps 6 goals
19 apps 4 goals
Not much between them.
Forget the stats, use your eyes. Hojlund looks like a striker who's low on self-belief, Havertz looks like a competition winner when playing up front (in a better team).

Ibi Dreams

Moving onto the miss where the keeper knocked it into his path, and then he shot it wide. Again someone with a strikers instinct would have anticipated the ball coming to him from the goalkeeper's save.
Not sure but I think the ball deflected off a defender just before reaching Hojlund? If so it's really not his fault that he missed that one

It was a very Forlan esque game though.

Telsim

One of the worst striker performances I have seen in recent times. Just brutal considering the opposition. It's too early to write him off, though.

AndySmith1990

He's a bad striker. He may get better, he may not, who knows. But right here, right now, as it stands today, he's bad

Gordon Godot

He's a bad striker. He may get better, he may not, who knows. But right here, right now, as it stands today, he's bad
Yep, he's looking like another Antony. We heard its because he got no supply. He got some supply against a poor team and couldnt score. Though this is more on Murtough et al then ETH. But still, Ineos should sack Murtough asap.

Jev

Forget the stats, use your eyes. Hojlund looks like a striker who's low on self-belief, Havertz looks like a competition winner when playing up front (in a better team).
I mean, except from the fact that Havertz is miles more technically gifted and therefore doesn’t look out of place like Højlund sadly does a lot.

portrushred

Cant agree, he's currently just a bad finisher. And thats all down to confidence. Alot of the the things he's doing as a striker is correct (pace, strength, positional). The lads 20 years old, lacking in confidence, trying to lead the line of an awful Man Utd team with a huge spot light trained on him. Needs our support and he will come could.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
My word, what an awful transfer window it was. 60m for mount who's been injured all season and 75m for a kid who's clearly not ready. Whoever decided to spunk this money needs dragging out of this club and put on trial for criminal offences.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
In my book he's more bizarre transfer than Mount. MM seems like a reasonable choice if we're moving away from Bruno-centric system (past-Ten Hag era probably). But with Rasmus, I just don't get why we concentrated so much on him.

pascell

My word, what an awful transfer window it was. 60m for mount who's been injured all season and 75m for a kid who's clearly not ready. Whoever decided to spunk this money needs dragging out of this club and put on trial for criminal offences.
Don't forget our 'keeper who we spent £46m on.

Woziak

Here’s my view, kid has potential however we paid twice his true market value. He’s worth £35m and that’s what we should have paid. This summer we should have bought Icardi who was available at £15m max and Either Benjamin Sesco or Rasmus Hijlund at £35m so £50m total spend, we should have left Mount to run his contract down as it’s clear no one else in world football was dumb enough to pay him £250k per week then go and buy a proper mobile 6/8 who have improved the side massively. Then picked up mount this summer on a free, United are not getting elite quality frees like Alaba, Rudiger etc as the club’s draw diminish every season under the Glazers.

Don’t even get me started on Andre Onana, both Henderson and Heaton were far better Goalkeepers and De Gea could have been retained one more season until we got a true upgrade like Diogo Costa, the shambles of our transfers are not solely the responsibility of the Glazers, John Murtourgh and ETH are clearly the main people responsible in the last two years and should get their marching orders soon, this so called review is going to find so many things wrong with player transfers, when the results are finally published, both of the men responsible will be gone for good by June 1st.

ETH needs to be careful just on nepotism alone, let alone his anti British recruitment strategy, As Sir Jim will be the complete opposite in terms of his transfer strategy?

There will be no players changing Agents just to get a transfer because ETH says so!

AndySmith1990

Cant agree, he's currently just a bad finisher. And thats all down to confidence. Alot of the the things he's doing as a striker is correct (pace, strength, positional). The lads 20 years old, lacking in confidence, trying to lead the line of an awful Man Utd team with a huge spot light trained on him. Needs our support and he will come could.
Lack of confidence is another meaningless phrase that's randomly rolled out for every player who is rubbish. Seen it all before at United and I know better than to buy into the blind faith thing

Lyng

Lack of confidence is another meaningless phrase that's randomly rolled out for every player who is rubbish. Seen it all before at United and I know better than to buy into the blind faith thing
When a player has previously shown to be a good finisher, then surely the lack of confidence makes sense.

Gordon Godot

There is nothing in his track record to suggest he's a particularly good finisher. I am sure confidence and pressure or factors but he its not clear he is a natural finisher. Which leaves me wondering what he is

Mike Smalling

Anyone remember that cameo against Arsenal early in the season? He looked like a real handful physically and had some really nice touches, almost setting up the winner to a fractionally offside Garnacho. Even he was also raw then, he now looks like a shell of that. Confidence is shot, and I wouldn't be surprised if he is also carrying some minor injuries.

doomy20

It’s not him, that’s what United does to players these days. We destroyed him the last half year, yesterday just showed the logical end product. Same with Sancho, Anthony, Donny, Lukaku etc

Lyng

There is nothing in his track record to suggest he's a particularly good finisher. I am sure confidence and pressure or factors but he its not clear he is a natural finisher. Which leaves me wondering what he is
Other than a handful of good finishes of course......

Woziak

Trust me Murtough is partially responsible but he’ll be the fall guy, real culprit is ETH even getting Hojlund to change his agent just so he could get his transfer to United. ETH credibility after the INEOS review is going to be shot to pieces!

Josep Dowling

I do feel sorry for him. As I said in the summer the club should never have paid £70m for a prospect player, then made him a starter. It rarely works unless you have a generational talent like Rooney or Ronaldo. Even then Ronaldo was used at the right time by Sir Alex in his first two seasons.

The first chance (header), having seen it again I don't think it's as easy as people think. He's created that chance by bullying the defender and being in the right position. The second one though he has to be more reactive, it's a poor miss.

The best thing the club can do is get another striker in this window so Rasmus can be rotated.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I do feel sorry for him. As I said in the summer the club should never have paid £70m for a prospect player, then made him a starter. It rarely works unless you have a generational talent like Rooney or Ronaldo. Even then Ronaldo was used at the right time by Sir Alex in his first two seasons.

The first chance (header), having seen it again I don't think it's as easy as people think. He's created that chance by bullying the defender and being in the right position. The second one though he has to be more reactive, it's a poor miss.

The best thing the club can do is get another striker in this window so Rasmus can be rotated.
I have very high standard for United players and especially for those who should be key players so that header IS a chance for which i expect thaz first choice United no9 will score.

He is young player and still lots of time to develop in top striker but excuses for him are becoming boring.

YikesSchmeics

He makes the same kind of runs across the last defender that Cavani did, but the ball never ever gets played in there. Usually as Rashford is cutting back and tripping over the ball.

didz

Anyone remember that cameo against Arsenal early in the season? He looked like a real handful physically and had some really nice touches, almost setting up the winner to a fractionally offside Garnacho. Even he was also raw then, he now looks like a shell of that. Confidence is shot, and I wouldn't be surprised if he is also carrying some minor injuries.
He's just not ready for this amount of game time. If he'd kept on having cameos of 10-20 minutes from that point, I really do believe he'd have scored a few more goals and we'd be looking at a more confident player. We just can't facilitate that with our current squad.

astracrazy

Where is this lack of confidence talk coming from? His last game he finally scored his first prem goal and seemed to be buzzing from it. Prior to that, granted, but this game....not buying it. He just had a massive confidence boost and was playing against a far lessor opposition. It would have been a perfect match for him to net one or two and yet he had once of the worst striker performances I have seen for a long time.

Best solution would be to bring someone in January and send him out on loan somewhere. He isn't anywhere near ready.

evil_geko

:houllier:

Being patient with a very young player coming into a new tough league into a dysfunctional team filled with injuries = blind faith, you can't make this up. :lol: The usual Caf extremes, either player is amazing or terrible, and yeah, this confidence thing, that doesn't exist. :wenger: Also pressure doesn't exist too right? Pressure on young player being the only striker option where one of the biggest clubs in the world are dependent on goals only from him. They are all buzzwords made up to be excuses for terrible players right? Bloody hell, the clowning around in some of the posts here.

Last edited:

Red00012

He’s also a poor finisher low on confidence / self belief or not

Red00012

Where is this lack of confidence talk coming from? His last game he finally scored his first prem goal and seemed to be buzzing from it. Prior to that, granted, but this game....not buying it. He just had a massive confidence boost and was playing against a far lessor opposition. It would have been a perfect match for him to net one or two and yet he had once of the worst striker performances I have seen for a long time.

Best solution would be to bring someone in January and send him out on loan somewhere. He isn't anywhere near ready.
I’m not buying lack of confidence when he has an open goal in front of him twice

L1nk

Just isn't true is it. Just so OTT it's insane, guy missed two chances, he should have scored the header for sure but the rebound back from the Rashford shot, everyone has seen more experienced strikers miss them too, it happens. Other than that he created and battled rather well and dragged defenders away, might have had more chances had McTominay not kept crashing into his spaces and taking the ball from his foot.

I understand he needs to take his chances when he has them, but the fact is that because he isn't scoring frequently you're all expecting him to score with every chance he gets and getting on his back when he doesn't, even the best strikers in the world miss chances

matt10000

He has lost his confidence.
The dark side is,he will probably not get that much scoring chances again in a game
Confidence is huge part of game (SAF knew this and was a master at giving plYers belief, just as important as any tactics). and even more so for a striker. At some point he will start banging them in. No team should rely on one player for goals and his time will come!

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
One of the first games we saw him get chances and he missed them all, quite poorly.

As I said earlier in the thread, on what we have seen so far I can't see him developing into anything better than a back-up striker here.

OT_United

He's low on confidence and has too much responsibility on him for a 20 year old.
Some comments on here saying he's not good enough. The first 10 games he was brilliant and showed attributes we've been missing for years. Don't write him off.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I’m a big fan of the guy, and I desperately want him to succeed here - but last night was a big concern. Coming off the back of a big goal vs Villa, had a chance to get on a 2 game streak. Should have scored a hatrick. The lack of instinct was palpable last night.

Here’s hoping it was just one game. The header should have been bread and butter for a striker of his ilk.

3vra

Maybe we could try and snap Ivan Toney from Brentford ? He is ready to go from his suspension.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
One of the first games we saw him get chances and he missed them all, quite poorly.

As I said earlier in the thread, on what we have seen so far I can't see him developing into anything better than a back-up striker here.
I really worry about this part. This team is far from good environment for player development. I think he needs a loan but no chance we loan 75million player.