5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Toshey

Supports
Levski Sofia
Embarrassing how some people are nitpicking every second he spends on the pitch.
What the feck is your problem, are you desperate for him to be bad just because he is ETH signing..?

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
He’s showing real promise now. He’s drawing defenders away when his teammates are on the ball and his timing of runs and positioning seems to have gotten better too.

Lyng

I'm thinking he will switch to the number 9 from 11 once Martial leaves at the end of the season no?
The 11 is a very iconic number for danish strikers. Brian Laudrup used to wear that.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
scored in the last 3 games. Became the youngest player to score and assist in 2 consecutive league games.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Still very rough around the edges but some great signs for the future. Really good and unselfish in the build-up. He should come good once we figured out our best combination in midfield and on the wings.

whitbyviking

Yea, he's had 5 or 6 good layoffs to Bruno in just the last 2 matches, all fairly central and from 20 yards or closer. Glad Rashford tucked one of them away tonight, but we really need Bruno and others to start finishing these chances he's setting up.
Viewing the highlight video for Rasmus above it's not just assists he's providing, he's also productive when it comes to link up play, doing the simple thing and making the right pass. That most of his efforts in the video were then subsequently ruined (mainly by Bruno, Garnacho or Anthony overcomplicating) is also telling. I think he would have absolutely thrived with the likes of Beckham, Giggs, Scholes, Keane, who played predominately to supply a forward, and create/score chances from the link up.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Whoever the next coach will be is extremely lucky to have Garnacho, Mainoo and Hojland to build around. The ceiling on those 3 is good enough imo to win a league, if you can build out the rest of the XI.

MiracleInMadrid

A lot of people focus on his tactical and technical performance, but I find his mentality the most impressive thing about him so far.

Has been under immense pressure, beeing the leading striker at such a young age. Ungrateful position to be put in, with the limited experience he has.

But he's worked his way through a bad spell for himself and the team, and now seems to have adapted a lot better to the surroundings. At this stage, I don't see a risk of him going into the same sort of long periods of mental absence as we've seen Rashford do. He's for more instinctive and doesn't seem to think twice about what he wants to do both on and off the ball.

redcarpet

So many posters on here are absolutely terrible at analysing players and matches and yet go on and on and on like their opinion is gospel. Full conviction, essays day after day when they don’t have a clue.

Young player on a big fee in a new league taking a few months to get used to it. Madness eh. He looks to have been a very nice bit of scouting by the club. It would have been amazing altogether if we’d got when he was going really cheap a year ago but so be it. Outcomes like this should hopefully convince the club to listen to the scouts as early as possible
Actually disgusting how some supporters formed opinions as fact so early on. It was easy to see that given time and improved team performances, he will come good. Only 20. He's going to be a great player for us.

WirralRed

I really like him, all we need is a more experienced striker to rotate with him and rest him next season.

Borninthe80ts

I like that fact that the last two goals that he has scored have been goals that we have been missing for years. Scrappy but vital goals that show a real strikers mentality and instinct.
He has the talent range for all types of goals and once we settle on a regular team his runs and timing will improve too.
Injury free he will challenge and fight for every ball and opportunity. Love his passion which is definitely a trait the manager is trying to incorporate with the players he signed.

Mike Smalling

I was cheering so loud when he scored that disallowed goal. There was just something about Garnacho setting it up with a nice through ball, and Højlund finishing it nicely with his left. I was gutted when it was ruled out :lol:

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
A lost soul at times out there, hopefully we don't break the kid. Rashford is his best ally, and that's not saying much currently.
Said a lot yesterday. Marcus has clearly taken him under his wing, they were chatting up a tactical drizzle during the game.

@Rood and our Dane @Lyng talked about him on this episode:

Get some more insight into the kid if you're interested, before the bandwagon is full.

NoPace

He's quite good at pinning defenders and laying it off in the box and he tries to score goals in the 6 yard box. Plays like a veteran already in those sense. No idea what his ceiling is, but it's nice to have a striker who knows what he's doing in the opposing box and has the pace to get there.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
A lot of people focus on his tactical and technical performance, but I find his mentality the most impressive thing about him so far.

Has been under immense pressure, beeing the leading striker at such a young age. Ungrateful position to be put in, with the limited experience he has.

But he's worked his way through a bad spell for himself and the team, and now seems to have adapted a lot better to the surroundings. At this stage, I don't see a risk of him going into the same sort of long periods of mental absence as we've seen Rashford do. He's for more instinctive and doesn't seem to think twice about what he wants to do both on and off the ball.
Everything I read about his mentality is absolutely glowing. It shone through in his post match interview on TNT as well. Seems like a smart cookie. If he doesn’t work out it definitely won’t be because he’s lacking, mentally.

PoTMS

Top performance yesterday. We need to see more of that from the kid. I say kid but he's 21 in the next few days.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Funnily enough in all comps he has the same goal/game ratio for us that he did for Atalanta last year.

JediSith

Very good forward. Not one dimensional, knows how to lay it off, makes good runs. Back to goal front to goal. His a complete forward.

The problem is the players around him being blind and I’ve been saying this all season.

Yesterday showed the perfect case on point. Around the 57 minute mark. United broke through on the counter. Bruno had the ball,
Hojlund makes a run in between the two CB and a through ball into space would put him through on goal, given him 20-40 yards to run and boom. Bruno ignores him and passes it wide. You even see the frustration in Hojlund straight after. As his run and movement was for nothing and the best option would have been to play him through.

Shinjch

Still worry about his fitness over 90 minutes. He had Dawson on toast for the first hour or so, but then when he started to fade you could see Dawson start to get comfortable with him. I look forward to him working out how to get through 90 minutes.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Yeah I guess my prediction is that he won't ever get there. Just don't see enough raw tools in the locker to even hope. Greenwood for instance had the talent and you'd back him to go be an RvP like striker. Hojlund has enough to still have a career here but I think he'll be a rotation option eventually.
He won’t be as cultured as those players no but I think that’s the mistake you’re making. Haaland is also not a cultured striker but he bangs in goals. I think Hojland has everything in his locker to be a pretty complete striker and a lethal finisher. I’d be surprised if he’s not a 20/30 goal striker at his peak based on everything I’ve seen so far.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Said a lot yesterday. Marcus has clearly taken him under his wing, they were chatting up a tactical drizzle during the game.

@Rood and our Dane @Lyng talked about him on this episode:

Get some more insight into the kid if you're interested, before the bandwagon is full.
ah yes the Danish Hour episode!

IIRC @Lyng said that Hojlund had talked about his potential partnership with Rashford on Danish TV

Great to see him score in 3 successive PL games now after the early season drought - he's raw but has all the attributes with speed, strength and that eye for goal to be a top player

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Really like him. Very tough and hard working. And he has a natural striker instinct.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
his goal was filth and scruffy - a real old fashioned number 9 goal, reminds me of what McClair used to do back in the day.

Great stuff

FireballXL5

I loved the way he was celebrating his goal as the ball went into the net with the Wolves defender on top of him. I think he's going to be great for us.

Relfy

He’s coming along nicely now and his game is improving with his back to goal. Delighted to see him hit some form and getting goals. Hopefully, he keeps up this run now and keeps finding the net. Good to see his link up with the wingers and Bruno improving too.

Woodzy

Anyone catch his post-match interview? He comes across as very intelligent and well spoken for such a young lad. His English is perfect as well.

Dansk

His English is perfect as well.
Pretty much all young Scandinavians speak largely fluent English (albeit with an accent). Have to, when there's like five million Danish-speaking people in the world.

SER19

It was clear even when he wasn't scoring that hojlund is a great talent. Hes fast, very strong with a great attitude and very good hold up play for a 20 year old leading the line. Goals will keep increasing from here hopefully he gave dawson an awful time last night, who is a very experienced very physical PL defender

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Yup. Exactly my thoughts. You can tell he really thinks hard about the game. Some great observations. Will make a class pundit in 2043!
Yes you can see it in the way he gets about his business. There was a point yesterday where Rashford had the ball quite far inside the area on his side. And Højlund was in the area as well but you could tell he was trying to anticipate when exactly to dash in front of the defender at the near post. From far away it looks like he's not really making the run, but up close you can tell he's almost starting his run several times over, but Rashford hasn't worked an angle yet, so he holds it time and time again.

He's clearly knows what the right thing to do is, whether he can pull it off consistently remains to be seen. He's got the tools.