2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

KD6-3.7

I only just watched the highlights but it was a brilliantly taken goal from Højlund.

Keanes Magic Hat

He's got some much promise, love his recent goals and all round play. No surprise him scoring with better players around him.

I'm sure he will keep it going, hopefully get close to 20 goals in all competitions by end of season. Halfway there now

Ibi Dreams

That was such a good goal. Gone past one and then pin point with his weak foot :drool:

Worth noting that he's now matched his goal tally last season in fewer games. 10 in 34 last season for Atalanta, 10 in 28 for us. He's doing well

Sylar

I'm surprised at people who couldn't see the positive signs before this goal run. It was there but also frustrating cos there were times he would make runs but not be found

Glad he's in the goals, and getting different types. Would like to see some good early crosses put in too.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

This guy is already well on his way to becoming my favourite United striker since Rooney.

He's just behind Zlatan for me in terms of likeability (Cavani ruined it in his second season).

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
This guy is already well on his way to becoming my favourite United striker since Rooney.

He's just behind Zlatan for me in terms of likeability (Cavani ruined it in his second season).
The photo of him, nacho and mainoo sitting on the boards could become iconic :drool:

tomaldinho1

Whisper it but we seem to have a two footed striker with a Jimmy Floyd rocket in both feet.

Matt851

where are you all?

This is just a taster from this thread of the shite thrown this kids way a few months into his debut season, absolutely shameless.
How long have you had this lined up for?

I said he was a project striker and paying that much for one was excessive. Haven't changed my opinion, I like him just wish we weren't so reliant on him

Vidooq

What I love about him is that he is not afraid to be vocal on the pitch, especially when he does not get the ball from his wingers, while he is making the runs.

Now that he is scoring regularly, I hope to God everyone else will trust him more, and will play more passes into him, as he has the goals and assists in him. I truly believe that next season he will make his transfer fee look like a bargain.

Gazautd18

Think he can be a better footballer than Haaland.
May not score more but with his all round play.
Remember when we was interested and the Atalanta clips came in and he was scoring from outside the box.
Can't remember the last time I seen a Haaland goal from outside the box...And with his weaker foot!
Loved his celebration as well but only as a 1 off :lol:

next_number_seven

Actually, its insane he has played in 4 different countries before his 21st birthday!
Yeah by the age of 20, he played in the top division in 4 countries.

He's never played a full season in one country either until he finishes this season.
Twice he's moved mid season.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Another player shutting up his critics. Funny that a lot of people was writing him off so early on. We always said when the teams playing better he’ll start scoring more goals.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Remember when we was interested and the Atalanta clips came in and he was scoring from outside the box.
Can't remember the last time I seen a Haaland goal from outside the box...And with his weaker foot!
Ye haaland is just a pure goalscorer. That’s all he really has to his game. I don’t see his link up and his all round game like you do with other ST. Players like Alvarez and Aguero are much better players than Haaland just not better goalscorers.

Tarrou

loved his goal, didn't know he could he hit it like that with his right foot!

I love his attitude, and it's a shame we don't play to his strengths more

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Really no surprise at all that a 20 year old took half a season to adapt to the prem. He took half a season to adapt to serie a before finishing the season brilliantly, and before that he was in Denmark and Austria. It's probably just a hot run right now but the past month he's been further along than I thought he'd be, which is excellent. I keep saying it, but CFs like him who build their game off of engaging physically with defenders need time to adapt to physicality of the league, and need to learn their own bodies. That mixture usually isn't fully defined until 23 or later where they put all of that and their technique together to become world class. He's got everything to become that.

Lj82

Prior to start of the season, I thought 15 goals on all comp would be a good start for him to build on. I didn't expect the service to him to be so poor, yet he is still on his way to achieving that, which really is great to see

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Sure you can have an opinion, doesn't mean it's not going to be called out.

And he was underperforming his xG by a pretty small margin and his xG was very low anyways (because he's shoots far less than our wingers). It's not like he's Nicolas Jackson or Nunez with BCM's every game.
I can have an opinion without someone saying I moaned too

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Loved him from the minute he started, even without the goals there is a threat about him. Can’t wait till he puts it all together, he’s going to be a beast

Mr Smith

For goodness sake, let's try to keep a level head around here. Either we have idiots like we've seen in previous pages of this thread, writing him off after 3 months, or someone like you saying he's going to be a better all-round footballer than Haaland :lol: it's like you're trying to set yourself up for disappointment.

evil_geko

where are you all?

This is just a taster from this thread of the shite thrown this kids way a few months into his debut season, absolutely shameless.
Love to see it, writing off very young striker who is still getting used to the league in a dysfunctional team after only a few months is a top notch clown behaviour. They should be called out. And what is even worse is that lots of them are even doubling down on their bullshit while still not acknowledging Champions League goals for some clownish reason. Embarrassing. :lol:

Tom Van Persie

No relation
He's going to be a great player for us. His talent was obvious, not sure why so many rushed to write him off. Well actually I have an idea why some did. ;)

RedNome

Cnut Rating: 9 (Conservative)
Loved him from the minute he started, even without the goals there is a threat about him. Can’t wait till he puts it all together, he’s going to be a beast
It's his heart more than anything for me, he looks like he was born for this stage, balls of steel.

RedNome

Cnut Rating: 9 (Conservative)
Absolutely, old head on a young body. Balls of steel. Love him my favourite player
I get you Geebs, my loudest celebrations have come with his goals, you just know he wants it so bad it hurts and I just love to see it.

spiriticon

Next time he draws another blank, posts should be bumped too :smirk:

But quite frankly, 10 goals in 28 is ok for a young striker. I'm happy with that for a first season even if he scores no more. Would be nice to hit 10 league goals though!

micmac

Imagine how much goals he would’ve had if he got the service. After criticizing him a lot this season I’m going to be a hypocrite and say the lad a pretty good :yawn:

L1nk

How long have you had this lined up for?

I said he was a project striker and paying that much for one was excessive. Haven't changed my opinion, I like him just wish we weren't so reliant on him
I came to the thread and it took me a few minutes to set it up, the reason being is I can jump to the majority of pages in this thread and see nothing but post upon post of nothing but slagging him and writing him off, that’s how excessive it has been, it required virtually no effort.

spiriticon

Excessive? Give me a break. Excessive is what Martial or Lukaku gets.

Hojlund gets an easy ride for a 72 million pound player.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
For goodness sake, let's try to keep a level head around here. Either we have idiots like we've seen in previous pages of this thread, writing him off after 3 months, or someone like you saying he's going to be a better all-round footballer than Haaland :lol: it's like you're trying to set yourself up for disappointment.
I mean that’s not a high bar. Haaland is a great striker, a great all round footballer he’s not though.

L1nk

In fairness, I think one poster was simply annoyed that so many had completely written off a 20 year old despite a good Champions League campaign and playing in a side really struggling to create anything.

Why the funk are people so determined to judge after such a short time with a young kid? Just give it a little time ffs, it’s really not much to ask as fans.
Crazier still is just how many replied standing by their original claims rather than just saying “Aye, I was probably a bit too quick to judge, I won’t make that mistake again, let’s get behind the lad & see how he develops over the next couple of seasons”.

My thoughts on Højlund haven’t changed much, we took a chance on him at a large price due to huge potential, PSG were also prepared to do similar but not go as big. That means at least two big CL clubs really rated him, and since then he shown real potential at times, and currently he’s looking like he could develop into a very good PL striker. I don’t need to call him shite, a waste of money or amazing… and why the funk would anyone else?
The post might have been aimed at me because I am constantly in this thread :lol: .

Your point is what i’ve been trying to get across this whole time, it’s never been about point scoring or just being right, it’s been about the absolute absurdity of jumping on the back of a young raw striker in a position he shouldn’t be in, adapting to a new league and country and basically calling him the shit of the century and to get out of this club asap. The amount of times i’ve had to come in here and defend the kid and basically show my disbelief of the attitude of a lot of people in here is insane, and no i’m not being biased, i’ve criticised him when I felt he’s deserved it and praised him when he’s deserved it, my whole point was he has the tools to become something great for us but that he needs time to show that consistently, maybe he won’t ever, but to fk him off after a few months is insane behaviour from everyone on here and to then come back here and double down for no reason, again, absolutely shameless, that’s the definition of point scoring that you can’t just admit you might have been wrong.

When did we really become fans completely unwilling to give young players a bit of time? We used to be well know for it, hell you’ll give Mainoo and Garnacho time but not this guy?

I know it’s because some of you are still throwing your toys out of the pram that we didn’t sign Kane, well it aint this guys fault so i’m not sure why you’re taking it out on him

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
A well taken goal. A nice little shift to beat the defenders and then a good finish. Hopefully plenty more like it to come

tentan

Poor man's poster.
where are you all?

This is just a taster from this thread of the shite thrown this ay a few months into his debut season, absolutely shameless.
What? He's still had a poor season

L1nk

What? He's still had a poor season
Our top scorer in all competitions with only Bruno and Rashford having more assists - coming from a kid new to the club and the league. Perhaps you should look at all the others? Your agenda is showing

United888

Everyone should be on the same page that we shouldn't be spending 100m or more on Toney and Osimhen in the summer. We had invested money on this guy as part of our rebuild and we need to keep going with the plan, develop him, and have faith in him.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Our top scorer in all competitions with only Bruno and Rashford having more assists - coming from a kid new to the club and the league. Perhaps you should look at all the others? Your agenda is showing
Looks like few are gutted that he is scoring goals now, clutching straws with "he still had poor season", "he scored only 4 goals".

Kramer

Great performance again today. Brilliantly taken goal and I hope he continues to work and improve.

I want to also call out his contribution for the 3rd goal. That goal doesn’t happen without him. And certainly not with Rashford / Martial as our leading strikers. He saw Mctominay closing down Kalvin Phillips and tracked back and double teamed him and knicked the ball off him. Then proceeded to make a good run down the middle and clearing the way for Mctominay to make an easy pass to Garnacho for the easy finish.

Love how he works his socks off for the team. Better service and better understanding with the other front players and he can be a 20 goal a season striker in a season or two. Hope he works on his heading too because he makes great runs.

Reactions: roonster09

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Quite surprised more isn't being made of his own words post-Wolves where he said he's adjusting to the league now and the smaller windows of time he gets to execute in.

It's also a really pleasant surprise to see that winter camp has actually proved to have been of benefit; he's much sharper overall since the winter break ended.

There's a hell of a lot to work on, but the encouraging thing is he has all the base materials to kick on and develop. He has the kind of pace and aggression CB's are generally uncomfortable with unless equally as pacey and strong. Once he learns how much of an advantage that is, weaponising it - by way of more actions off and away from the CB, so they have a dilemma in whether to go out to meet him or drop off - should be sure to follow. That'll be fun.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Yeah by the age of 20, he played in the top division in 4 countries.

He's never played a full season in one country either until he finishes this season.
Twice he's moved mid season.
What? How is him signing for Atalanta in August "moving mid season"?