2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

next_number_seven

What? How is him signing for Atalanta in August "moving mid season"?
27th August.
Not literally the middle of the season, but he's never played a full season at one club. No preseason.
I'm sawing he's obviously going to be raw.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Popped in here for the first time and find there's supporters and haters as usual.

The kid has his head screwed on tight, a great attitude and wears his heart on his sleeve. I've no doubt that armed with that he will fulfill his potential and would be surprised if he isn't a regular for years to come.

He is one of 5-6 players we can build a cracking side around. The problem is that's at most half of what we need, so it will take a couple of seasons before we can challenge.

oz insomniac

Anyone that has played as main striker, no matter the standard, always needs complimentary players outside him. Calling Rashford a complimentary player is just wrong, Garnacho is movingin that direction, and Bruno adds a bit.
That he has settled in and there is a better system being employed will assist his improvement.

Strange as it sounds, Rashford playing doesn’t help , if only we could sell Rashford for more than he’s really worth and get an above average left sided player, now that would add a lot.

Jev

Anyone that has played as main striker, no matter the standard, always needs complimentary players outside him. Calling Rashford a complimentary player is just wrong, Garnacho is movingin that direction, and Bruno adds a bit.
That he has settled in and there is a better system being employed will assist his improvement.

Strange as it sounds, Rashford playing doesn’t help , if only we could sell Rashford for more than he’s really worth and get an above average left sided player, now that would add a lot.
Rashford still provides a lot more for Højlund than Garnacho, and ETH has even commented on the connection between Rashford and Højlund, so I don’t really get that logic?

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Massive improvements on the ball in the past few games it has to be said. The number of goals never bothered me that much because barely anything was created to him, it was how he looked on the ball. He's been so good in the past few games.

Fabio Rochemback

He has a penchant for backheel passes, which is a cool little feature of his. Excellent goal, nice to see him strike that ball so cleanly on his weaker side.

Last edited:

Tony247

Flushed that inverted winger shite and suddenly Hojlund is unleashed. Now need a traditional left winger and we are set.

OmarUnited4ever

I like him and I think he still needs more time to reach his best version, but he has been showing signs all season and it wasn't coming off coupled with the terrible service/movement around him, I am very pleased with him and I think he will continue to grow further and further.

Lexicon Red Devil

He's just got such infectious energy and him and Garnacho must be a nightmare to play against, because they'll chase everything and don't give defenders any peace when they're on the ball. Puts so much more pressure on teams when your forwards are chasing balls into the corners and not giving the defenders an easy option to pass the the ball out.

I'm definitely not in the Rashford out camp and he actually seems to have a pretty good understanding with Højlund, but it would still be nice to get another youngster with real energy in who will provide him with some competition on the left.

Mike Smalling

He has a penchant for backheel passes, which is a cool little of his. Excellent goal, nice to see him strike that ball so cleanly on his weaker side.
Yeah, and they actually tend to work relatively often as well. He had one filthy one to Bruno yesterday that opened up the entire midfield and led to a shot for himself eventually. He seems to have a good understanding of where his teammates are on the field.

Litch

Its laughable the way fans flip flop.....maybe a bit of patience wouldnt go amiss at times. Wont be long before some call him shit again Im sure....

Gazautd18

For goodness sake, let's try to keep a level head around here. Either we have idiots like we've seen in previous pages of this thread, writing him off after 3 months, or someone like you saying he's going to be a better all-round footballer than Haaland :lol: it's like you're trying to set yourself up for disappointment.
Hence the word "think"..
Haaland's will be a Ballon D'or contender for a while due to the number of goals he scores.
Anything inside the box and he's deadly.
Hojlund for me has the potential to be better all round player.
i do remember once Haaland playing behind KDB and to be fair, he did a good job there. It's obviously due to him being the end point of the attack where as Hojlund's been more involved in the build up play.

Hughes35

Really like him. Think he has the ability to be a top class striker for years.

Hope we keep him log term and I hope the rest of the team can match him.

We have the base of a very good squad. Hojlund, Garnacho, Mainoo, Martinez, Bruno and a couple of other are all players that can be built around for the next 5 years or so.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I think with him getting confidence now he’ll start shooting more. He’s always passed it to many times even when around the box.

Remember the geese

He's quick, works hard, presses well and can score goals. He is technically good and his all round game is there for all to see, with plenty of room for further improvement. I'm hopeful that in the coming years, he will be a genuine top striker who can consistently get us 20-25 league goals.

For now though, I think a realistic target for both him and Garnacho will be double figures for league goals next season. Rashford has obviously already shown that he is capable of that type of haul. Will be great to have three players capable of doing that. We do need to bring in another striker to compete with Højlund though. Can't just be relying on him.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He's quick, works hard, presses well and can score goals. He is technically good and his all round game is there for all to see, with plenty of room for further improvement. I'm hopeful that in the coming years, he will be a genuine top striker who can consistently get us 20-25 league goals.

For now though, I think a realistic target for both him and Garnacho will be double figures for league goals next season. Rashford has obviously already shown that he is capable of that type of haul. Will be great to have three players capable of doing that. We do need to bring in another striker to compete with Højlund though. Can't just be relying on him.
I think Hojlund will finish on double figures in the league this season.

He's got 4 now... 6 goals in the next 15 games seems pretty achievable now he's hitting his stride.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
What we are seeing now is what we saw in his compilation vids. So he's always had it in him (the people who wrote him off were just being silly, it takes time for a young player to adjust to a new league). The challenge for him and Mainoo is that opponents will start to mark and take them more seriously now. Garnacho has sort of passed the test because it's not his first season anymore. For Hojlund and Mainoo it remains to be seen.

Remember the geese

I think Hojlund will finish on double figures in the league this season.
It's very possible. 6 in 15 required. I don't think expecting him to hit 20-25 next season is realistic, but if he can get himself to 10 this season, then perhaps hitting the teens next season would be realistic and potentially a great achievement.

IrishRedDevil

What we are seeing now is what we saw in his compilation vids. So he's always had it in him (the people who wrote him off were just being silly, it takes time for a young player to adjust to a new league). The challenge for him and Mainoo is that opponents will start to mark and take them more seriously now. Garnacho has sort of passed the test because it's not his first season anymore. For Hojlund and Mainoo it remains to be seen.
Good luck to them getting near Mainoo :devil:

Red Royal

Really like him. Think he has the ability to be a top class striker for years.

Hope we keep him log term and I hope the rest of the team can match him.

We have the base of a very good squad. Hojlund, Garnacho, Mainoo, Martinez, Bruno and a couple of other are all players that can be built around for the next 5 years or so.
Bruno is 29 and although he had a tremendous engine and lack of injury record, we should now be starting to think of how to replace him over next 2 years. That may be Mount or someone else; the rest I agree with.

Anyway as this is the Rasmus thread I will just say it is wonderful to see his confidence growing, Hopefully 1 game a week he can manage and even be rested in the easier cup games.

Kostov

There was an instance in which he turned and went past Zouma who had to foul him, that was brilliant. The kid is a top top talent.

sugar_kane

Its laughable the way fans flip flop.....maybe a bit of patience wouldnt go amiss at times. Wont be long before some call him shit again Im sure....
I don't think anyone is flip flopping necessarily it's just the range of views you get on the forum.

Most sane fans have been supportive with a slight growing degree of concern as time passed, which is now abating as he starts to find his feet.

Pughnichi

Everyone should be on the same page that we shouldn't be spending 100m or more on Toney and Osimhen in the summer. We had invested money on this guy as part of our rebuild and we need to keep going with the plan, develop him, and have faith in him.
Whilst I agree entirely and am thoroughly enjoying his all round game…we need to get better at buying this type of player… not from Atalanta, but the cheaper version prior to his Atlanta move….if we could start making the jump on this type of player when they’re at from strum graz or Copenhagen

Stacks

Happy for the lad. It is a lot of pressure on his shoulders to lead the line for Utd at this age why I thought we should have a main established striker and have him as the rotational piece so that he can develop with far less pressure on his back

Dannn411

Imagine if he had players willing to find his many many off-ball runs? Might be time to institute the RVP rule for our midfielders. If you don't pass to Hojlund, you won't play.

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
He will be a Premier League great. Give him some time to bed in.
Some 5 months ago.
We are sorted in Mainoo, Garnacho, Hojlund for another 10+ years. Now we need to construct a team around the 3 players.