View full 2023-24 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
Its an impressive goal scoring return when you consider the amount of shots he's actually taken (26 shots/1.69 per game).

For comparison,
Bruno - 2.43
Rashford - 2.73
Antony - 2.52
Garnacho - 3.28
Casemiro - 2.10
McTominay - 2.54

Incredible really, hopefully he and the team continue to improve and he can get more shooting opportunities.

cyberman

If you watch him off the ball, he makes loads of runs but nobody passes to him.

On Reddit there's a highlight package of United chances and you can see him constantly making runs.
Garnacho in particular is a little greedy and lacking vision although obviously I like him and he's a great talent.
We do nothing but spam through balls over the top. We can’t play that ball every time he makes a run and it’s very hard to play that ball in modern football with the keepers so far off their line.
Ten Hag alluded to this on his post match. He complained about how our attackers would try and go for the throat every time they were on the counter which led Villa constantly winning the ball back with 3/4 of our players caught upfield. He wants us to counter but not be silly and build from higher up the pitch.
People said the same about Haaland and City. That never changed and there isn’t a problem.

Crimson King

Fugg right off

It's a pretty shit source and probably completely untrue.

Even if we humour it for a minute though...considering how much we paid for him just a few months ago and the fact his reputation has only increased since then, that would take a lot of money.

You'd be better off just stumping up for whatever M'bappe is asking for.

didz

It's a pretty shit source and probably completely untrue.

Even if we humour it for a minute though...considering how much we paid for him just a few months ago and the fact his reputation has only increased since then, that would take a lot of money.

You'd be better off just stumping up for whatever M'bappe is asking for.
We septupled Atalanta's investment. It's only fair for Real Madrid to do the same for ours.

justsomebloke

Here's an overview of all of his shots on target (in the PL).

- Scored on five of last six shots on target
- Considerably higher post-shot xG than xG, cumulatively (not too surprising, but still speaks to good finishing ability)
- Got absolutely robbed a couple of times: Has had two shots (1 against Luton, 1 against Sheffield Utd) with a post-shot xG above 0.9, meaning a better than 90% likelihood of going in.

Gotta love how this is trending.

GamexGPsxGGoal?
AVL
0,74​
0,58​
x
WHU
0,11​
0,23​
x
WOL
0,79​
0,99​
x
WOL
0,34​
0,53​
TOT
0,06​
0,33​
x
AVL
0,1​
0,54​
x
LIV
0,29​
0,1​
CHE
0,04​
0,06​
LUT
0,75​
0,94​
SHU
0,4​
0,9​
SHU
0,05​
0,17​
CRP
0,23​
0,14​
Cumulative
3,9​
5,51​

Rossa

That's horrendous. Antony only passed 6 times to Hojlund all season?! And not one was a chance created?? :lol:
And one of them where Antony was clearly drunk - you can see that because one pass is way off his preferred position in a quadrant on the opposition half where he spins around, stops, moves, spins around, then passes the ball or loses it. The sixth pass is an anomaly - most likely him wandering around drunk.

GueRed

After a decade of watching strikers who couldn't run (ibrahimovic, Lukaku, Ronaldo etc) and who wouldn't run (Martial)

It's refreshing to finally see a talented United striker put a shift in for the team.

GueRed

The best thing about him is, he looks like he's mentally up to it and properly motivated. Maybe it's because he's had to prove himself as a young player in 3 foreign countries now and that gives him the edge mentality wise over people like say...Jesse Lingard.

A valid reason to be optimistic about him.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Will out score Haaland next season. A Gem.
All depends on if we’re playing in a well structured system. City create a ton and everything usually ends with Haaland. Where as our wingers are inside forwards and like to shoot a lot of the time.

RuudTom83

Wow

Everyone should ignore the Antony diagram as its just a cheap attempt to criticise...Antony hasn't played much this season (minutes wise it's around 10 games in the league) and how many of those were when Hojlund was injured/recovering.

The takeaway is that Rashford and Hojlund have the best connection but that has been evident for a while. It's the one thing Rashford has done well this season.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Everyone should ignore the Antony diagram as its just a cheap attempt to criticise...Antony hasn't played much this season (minutes wise it's around 10 games in the league) and how many of those were when Hojlund was injured/recovering.

The takeaway is that Rashford and Hojlund have the best connection but that has been evident for a while. It's the one thing Rashford has done well this season.
It's just data. There is no narrative.

didz

Yes, if he works his socks off on and off the pitch and dedicates his life to footall only, then he might reach those heights.
No amount of hard work will get him those extra two inches.

Believe me, I've tried.

Rossa

No amount of hard work will get him those extra two inches.

Believe me, I've tried.
Oh, you were talking about his height? For a minute there, yes the full 60 seconds, I thought you were talking about something else.

His growth spurt is mostly done, but he can compensate for his lack of, ahem, length, I mean height with technique and foreplay, I mean clever runs into the box.

Rojofiam

I think Hojlund is one of the few players we could retain despite potential interest from the likes of Madrid and Barcelona, especially if we become a top team that's challening for the PL and CL every season

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I really, really, like him, but the wide players really need to service him better. Rashford is Rashford, but Garnacho needs to get his head up and try to pick him out more.

He is making the right runs and movements but he isn’t being picked out for the easy goals often enough.
Rashford is more of a problem in this regard I think because he is who he is at this point. Garnacho is still a teenager, so there's room to improve and he can be moulded into the sort of creative winger you need him to be (with the right coaching staff of course).

Hojlund is doing the right things, and he's being rewarded for it more and more. He's capable of scoring tough finishes, but just the fact that he's also often in the right place at the right time is encouraging for United and Denmark. I thought he might need more time to settle but it looks like he just needed half a season to get himself situated and now he's rolling. Love (and hate) to see it.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Rashford is more of a problem in this regard I think because he is who he is at this point. Garnacho is still a teenager, so there's room to improve and he can be moulded into the sort of creative winger you need him to be (with the right coaching staff of course).

Hojlund is doing the right things, and he's being rewarded for it more and more. He's capable of scoring tough finishes, but just the fact that he's also often in the right place at the right time is encouraging for United and Denmark. I thought he might need more time to settle but it looks like he just needed half a season to get himself situated and now he's rolling. Love (and hate) to see it.
Yeah, I agree totally. Garnacho needs coaching and to improve his decision making but at his age, that could easily come. He is a work in progress at the very start of his career and that is really exciting too.

If money were no object, I think Rashford should be totally replaced. His presence in the first team really takes away from a striker like Hojlund and what he could give us. His decision making really is so poor and it’s the result of the club hiring ill-suited coaches for most of his career.