g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Rasmus Højlund | Manchester United Player | Shirt Nr 11

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
It’ll be announced on Friday 11th. Mark my words.

All managers will be having their press conferences ahead of the first game. Media will be running around busy trying to cover it all. Team news etc

United will briefly announce on the website on Friday afternoon, after ETH has finished his press and disappeared, that Greenwood is being integrated back into the academy to commence training.

It will get some attention of course, then everyone will be busy over the weekend following all the games. Burnley are playing City on Friday night, so that will take the initial heat off on Friday night, then a busy weekend full of first games.

United play on Monday night, so we can avoid the first wave of attention. Sure ETH will likely be asked a few questions on Monday night, but everyone is busy getting home from work etc and Monday night coverage just isn’t the same as weekends.
That sounds plausible except that you have overlooked the elephant in the room: whether the Qataris want to make a big statement out of it.

It's either in line with their rep (not giving two shits about the issues surrounding him) or the exact opposite, i.e. wanting to make a statement counter to what the narrative around them is.

That may also mean he is left in limbo until the Glazers sell.

RedDevil@84

Been out of the loop for past 48 hrs, what is this niggle/injury? Did this come up now?

tenhagsimp

A really exciting prospect. From what I can see he has the instinct and nous to get to the end of crosses. There is no one in our team that can do that except him. Its so weird its like our players are allergic to finish those crosses. When you watch United of old everybody would get at the end of crosses not just the attackers. Even I remember fletcher/evans/etc scored a fair few headers during our 2007-2009 season by attacking the box.

IrishRedDevil

That sounds plausible except that you have overlooked the elephant in the room: whether the Qataris want to make a big statement out of it.

It's either in line with their rep (not giving two shits about the issues surrounding him) or the exact opposite, i.e. wanting to make a statement counter to what the narrative around them is.

That may also mean he is left in limbo until the Glazers sell.
It’ll be announced this week.
Nothing to do with when the sale is finished.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
It’ll be announced this week.
Nothing to do with when the sale is finished.
Scheduled for this week... because we have run out of time with the sale not finished.

100% he isn't getting sacked/written off the books, by left in limbo I meant stuck in reserves until sale is finished.

L1nk

So it's a bit sensationalised then.. essentially it's what we've known, he will train and be bedded in very slowly in order to rest a little and gain match fitness

rajds89

So we’re pinning all our hopes on a kid with a dodgy back who can only play once a week? You couldn’t make it up. We need another striker this window to take the work load of the lad.

L1nk

So is this similar to the condition Marcus Rashford had?
Yes.. says so in the article. There is no fundemental issue with his back, but young players can basically play a lot and get a lot of wear and tear and sometimes the back starts to generate 'hot spots' that can turn into stress fractures if not managed properly. If you remember Rashfords wasn't managed properly, Ole and the club kept playing him constantly and so because of that he ended up getting 2 stress fractures in the end which required surgery and he was out for a few months.

Essentially it's just a case of making sure we don't overwork him until the hot spots heal up. As long as we don't work him to the bone within the first 3-6 months of the season it should be fine basically. It also won't be a problem later in his career.

TLDR; There's no fundemental issue, we just can't work him to the bone right off the bat, has to be managed a little until he heals up, because he's young. Won't be an issue in the future. Rashford had the same thing but he wasn't managed properly and required surgery to fix it, so at worst Hojlund gets a stress fracture and will be out for a few months before bouncing back like Rashford. At best we manage his workload for a few months and hot spot heals and all is good in the world.

I just know everyone in this thread is going to overreact though so whatever

James35

Regardless of whether he can play more than one game a week for a while it’s not ideal as we can’t rely on Martial at all and Rashford is terrible as a 9. Hopefully we get some actual clarification from the club who seem to be very vague with player injuries these days.

Maybe with potential sales we go for a forward as well as Amrabat.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Yeah we need another striker clearly

FriedClams

I'm sorry, but isn't this the type of thing you find out in a medical and then walk away from? I'm just not excited about this transfer at all and never was, his stats aren't great, he doesn't win headers from long kick outs, and his back is fecked.

L1nk

I'm sorry, but isn't this the type of thing you find out in a medical and then walk away from? I'm just not excited about this transfer at all and never was, his states aren't great, he doesn't win headers from long kick outs, and his back is fecked.
Just because people decide to ignore the article and my post

There is no fundemental issue with his back, but young players can basically play a lot and get a lot of wear and tear and sometimes the back starts to generate 'hot spots' that can turn into stress fractures if not managed properly. If you remember Rashfords wasn't managed properly, Ole and the club kept playing him constantly and so because of that he ended up getting 2 stress fractures in the end which required surgery and he was out for a few months.

Essentially it's just a case of making sure we don't overwork him until the hot spots heal up. As long as we don't work him to the bone within the first 3-6 months of the season it should be fine basically. It also won't be a problem later in his career.

TLDR; There's no fundemental issue, we just can't work him to the bone right off the bat, has to be managed a little until he heals up, because he's young. Won't be an issue in the future. Rashford had the same thing but he wasn't managed properly and required surgery to fix it, so at worst Hojlund gets a stress fracture and will be out for a few months before bouncing back like Rashford. At best we manage his workload for a few months and hot spot heals and all is good in the world.

I just know everyone in this thread is going to overreact though so whatever

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I'm sorry, but isn't this the type of thing you find out in a medical and then walk away from? I'm just not excited about this transfer at all and never was, his states aren't great, he doesn't win headers from long kick outs, and his back is fecked.
Calm down.

Crimson King

So it's a bit sensationalised then.. essentially it's what we've known, he will train and be bedded in very slowly in order to rest a little and gain match fitness
Which is probably what would have happened anyway.