Rasmus Højlund | Manchester United Player | Shirt Nr 11

zaafi

I'm sorry, but isn't this the type of thing you find out in a medical and then walk away from? I'm just not excited about this transfer at all and never was, his stats aren't great, he doesn't win headers from long kick outs, and his back is fecked.
Does sex, joy or good food excite you?

RuudTom83

Might be a blessing...slowly introducing him into games for the 10-20 minutes.

cyberman

So it's a bit sensationalised then.. essentially it's what we've known, he will train and be bedded in very slowly in order to rest a little and gain match fitness
Gotta believe the club on this one, no way we have that outlay if we think it’s serious.

zaafi

Not sure why you feel the need to try and insult or make fun because I have an opinion on a transfer.
It wasn't meant as an insult, just a little joke. Lighten up :)

Although I don't get how you can't get excited. He's extremely highly rated and has all the tools you need to be a top striker. For once we're actually going down the path of signing a big striker talent instead of a 30+ year old veteran.

If you read the article, you'd know there's no reason to worry. I mean, he passed the medical. If there were major concerns, we would not have signed him.

FriedClams

It wasn't meant as an insult, just a little joke. Lighten up :)

Although I don't get how you can't get excited. He's extremely highly rated and has all the tools you need to be a top striker. For once we're actually going down the path of signing a big striker talent instead of a 30+ year old veteran.

If you read the article, you'd know there's no reason to worry. I mean, he passed the medical. If there were major concerns, we would not have signed him.
I guess we will know more a few months from now

L1nk

The article is a big flip flop, it sensationalises things like STRESS FRACTURE, VERY SERIOUS. Then in small print it says 'The club has done a thorough investigation and concluded there is no fundamental issue with his back he just requires a period of rest'

I hate journalists man, they want all your reactions of how he's a crock and how we got scammed.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Think Neville has to be realistic and not keep pining for Kane. Seems to downplay Hojlund before he had a kick here.
To be fair we’re going into the start of season with even worse attacking options than last year. Ronaldo/Weghorst gone, no Elanga, Martial has disappeared and our 60m striker signing who is very young and raw is injured. I would be astounded if we aren’t eyeing another attacker.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

So it's a bit sensationalised then.. essentially it's what we've known, he will train and be bedded in very slowly in order to rest a little and gain match fitness
Actually no. If he can’t play twice a week for months thats quite an issue. Think we are going to need go sign another forward, which we probably needed to do anyway

L1nk

Actually no. If he can’t play twice a week for months thats quite an issue. Think we are going to need go sign another forward, which we probably needed to do anyway
The article that says he can't play twice in a week for months also says there's no issue and he just needs a little rest.

So.. the article is kinda contradicting itself, it's all over the place

Crimson King

This is bad news if true imo. Hope nothing serious. Rashford had some similar issue I think and it took him ages to get normal again.
It's not serious, that's why they've said it just needs rest. Rashford actually fractured his back.

Idxomer

Really wish the club would be upfront about stuff like that and don't let the likes of the dailymail be the source of the news.

Crimson King

The article is a big flip flop, it sensationalises things like STRESS FRACTURE, VERY SERIOUS. Then in small print it says 'The club has done a thorough investigation and concluded there is no fundamental issue with his back he just requires a period of rest'

I hate journalists man, they want all your reactions of how he's a crock and how we got scammed.
It's the Daily Fail.

TsuWave

I hope random people on the internet are not pretending to know better than the medical professionals at the club

Strelok

It's not serious, that's why they've said it just needs rest. Rashford actually fractured his back.
Yeah really hope so.

I can't remember exactly but Rashford also had some issues with stress in his back couple years ago, then it got serious and he couldn't look normal again until last season. Or Rio back then also had this I think. I have no idea since I'm not a doctor but both Rio and Rashford were not ok for quite a long time because of that if my memory serves me right.

hobbers

Even without the dodgy back we should have been signing another forward/goal scorer anyway this summer.

Crimson King

Yeah really hope so.

I can't remember exactly but Rashford also had some issues with stress in his back couple years ago, then it got serious and he couldn't look normal again until last season. Or Rio back then also had this I think. I have no idea since I'm not a doctor but both Rio and Rashford were not ok for quite a long time because of that if my memory serves me right.
Not sure about Ferdinand, but Rashford actually suffered a stress fracture in the back. With Højlund they've just found a spot that could lead to a fracture, so he needs to take it easy until they clears up. Frustrating, but not serious.

Strelok

Not sure about Ferdinand, but Rashford actually suffered a stress fracture in the back. With Højlund they've just found a spot that could lead to a fracture, so he needs to take it easy until they clears up. Frustrating, but not serious.
I see. So nothing serious then. Which makes senses imo. If it might be serious no way the club would sanction the deal.

hobbers

I see. So nothing serious then. Which makes senses imo. If it might be serious no way the club would sanction the deal imo.
It is serious in the sense that Rashford had the same thing, was overplayed by Ole, and ended up with a double stress fracture that took 5 months to heal.

Cassidy

The article that says he can't play twice in a week for months also says there's no issue and he just needs a little rest.

So.. the article is kinda contradicting itself, it's all over the place
Its not contradicting itself. He has a stress hotspot which if not managed well could lead to a stress fracture.

Therefore he needs to rest and even when he starts playing, he won’t be able to play more than a game a week for a couple of months.

United are playing it down, obviously. However it does leave the question open around if we have enough forward cover. Currently we have less than last season

Strelok

It is serious in the sense that Rashford had the same thing, was overplayed by Ole, and ended up with a double stress fracture that took 5 months to heal.
Yeah that's what happened back then. So we gotta be careful with the lad until he's completely healthy I think.

Cassidy

This. And not only did it take 5 months to heal. He wasn’t the same for about 12 months after.

Our new striker needs to be nursed alot over the next few months and eased in and we don’t have adequate cover.

RedCurry

I had near last-stage stress fractures roughly at his age. I healed 100% but I couldn’t sprint for months until it was fixed. I am hoping that with kind of medical attention he has, things can be expedited because we need a striker now.

Cassidy

I hope random people on the internet are not pretending to know better than the medical professionals at the club
The ones that say he can’t play for now and have not given a return date? The same ones that allowed Rashford to be overplayed in the same situation which resulted in him being out for ages?

This is quite clearly a concern given our forward cover.

Red Royal

The ones that say he can’t play for now and have not given a return date? The same ones that allowed Rashford to be overplayed in the same situation which resulted in him being out for ages?

This is quite clearly a concern given our forward cover.
Could be an 'excuse' by the club so late in the window to share the CF burden with a certain #11 and hope the fans accept it.

jadaba

It's mind-boggling that people who quite likely are not doctors, who have only just read about this in a pretty incoherent article from an unreliable newspaper, will claim to have a better assessment of this than a sports club with medics that have access to practically every detail of his body and health.

ScholesyTheWise

between freaking out and trusting the club's medical professionals to know what they're doing,
I wonder what this means for the times he will play.

Ok, so for the near future, he can't play twice a week.

Will he be able to give his all when he plays once a week, if he does?

This I find curious.

The media will try to sensationalize everything that has to do with United,
and the club will keep quiet about it and rightly so.

Wonder where the truth lies, within the middle ground.

Cassidy

Could be an 'excuse' by the club so late in the window to share the CF burden with a certain #11 and hope the fans accept it.
no11 isn’t likely to play for the first team before December even if hes back at United. He’ll likely play u23s first to get match fit and have alot of training to catch up on. He has not played top level football for over 18 months

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Buzzing to see him link up with Rashford. We’re gonna have a pacy front line.