Rasmus Højlund | Manchester United Player | Shirt Nr 11

Chief123

Basically we need him to come in and perform like Brazilian Ronaldo in his prime. No pressure.

littlepeasoup

Think we’ll definitely do better with a proper centre forward to lead the line, but I’m a bit worried we’re placing too much emphasis on this lad to come good straight away.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
We just got battered by a Kane less Spurs. I think anyone banking on this guy to make much difference is reaching.

daveskimufc

Can't wait to see him playing, but after watching the 2 games, i don't really know what he will offer that will make us better.

Hopefully we will see rashford from the left, might create a few chances with a bit of movement

May potentially need to push Fernandes out wide and mount further forward and put mctominay next to casemiro.

Maybe even Sancho from the right.

Need to stop with Antony and garnacho for the time being, they have offered nothing

stw2022

He shouldn’t be rushed into this current team.

He’s a young lad with starry eyes and much better to introduce him when the team is confident and has a bit of momentum.
Yes let's play him when we don't need him. In the same way men should wait until they're bald before going to the barbers, just to be sure to avoid getting a a shit haircut

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss

He’s a young lad with starry eyes and much better to introduce him when the team is confident and has a bit of momentum.
If we had a striker I’d agree, but this is a terrible idea as the team stands. We need somebody to come in and affect change. He’s got a lot to do.

Rockets Redglare

So what should we do then, wait 6 months until we’re mid table with no chance of Europe and Ten Hag has been sacked before giving him a run out?

Big Ray

He has come from Serie A and isn’t a baby ffs. Get him in there as soon as fceking possible!!

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Yes let's play him when we don't need him. In the same way men should wait until they're bald before going to the barbers, just to be sure to avoid getting a a shit haircut
I wasn’t an advocate for signing him at all, as you may remember.

But CF’s are confidence players and bringing him straight into a negative, heavy, high pressure situation seems counterintuitive to get the best out of him.

I could well be wrong though!

Anyway, I’m not saying don’t play him - I’m saying introduce him gradually.

laughtersassassin

I wasn’t an advocate for signing him at all, as you may remember.

But CF’s are confidence players and bringing him straight into a negative, heavy, high pressure situation seems counterintuitive to get the best out of him.

I could well be wrong though!

Anyway, I’m not saying don’t play him - I’m saying introduce him gradually.
Don't think we can afford to do that. He is supposed to be a highly confident lad by his own admission. The second he is fit he should start for me.

If he trains with the lads this week he should start the next game. We need something different up there and Martial as we know doesn't have it anymore

Last edited:

Nero

If you have to be protected due to lacking the mental strength to deal with pressure and expectation, then United isn't the club for you.

Thankfully Hojlund isn't one of these characters.

Chip

The more I think of it the more strange it seems that we've spent that much on a fairly unproven 20 year-old given the state we are in.

It's the type of signing you make when you are a well oiled machine looking for reinforcements for the future - not when you are a fecking car wreck of a club completely unable to score goals and have no other strikers.

Unfair pressure to put on him as well and for the sake of his career I think it would've been much safer to stay at Atalanta or a move to a place where the succes of the season didn't necessarily depend on him. Hopefully I'm completely wrong and he hits the ground running and becomes a club legend.

Son

Basically we need him to come in and perform like Brazilian Ronaldo in his prime. No pressure.
It’s a shame we didn’t sign that Brazilian kid Barcelona snapped up actually. He was probably our wing and prayer signing for that but alas :lol:

Valencia Shin Crosses

If you have to be protected due to lacking the mental strength to deal with pressure and expectation, then United isn't the club for you.

Thankfully Hojlund isn't one of these characters.
I tend to agree. I'm pretty sure no one here expects Hojlund to be prime Van Nistleroy instantly. But feck me the lack of quality from our forwards means it won't take much for Hojlund to be an improvement on what we have.

united for life

even prime ronaldo would struggle with this dysfunctional midfield and poor performing wingers. I really think he should gradually be introduced into the team and be given a proper first team run at the right time. Can’t expect magic, can we?

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Should be treated like Garnacho has been: start with sub appearances with games we are winning and have control to get a feel for the EPL, and start providing starts once he's had a few.

Hopefully not for the whole season liek Garnacho pretty much had, but that would work in my opinion

prateik

Any updated? Fit enough to be on the bench next weekend? or still no return date?

VivaRonaldo85

I can’t recall so much pressure being on one player before he’s even kicked a ball for his new club. What a shocking state of affairs to put him in.

All we can hope is he embraces the weight of what we all want and damn right need him to be right now, that is instant world class.

Todd

Should be treated like Garnacho has been: start with sub appearances with games we are winning and have control to get a feel for the EPL, and start providing starts once he's had a few.

Hopefully not for the whole season liek Garnacho pretty much had, but that would work in my opinion
The challenge with this is we'd have to be winning already, and that's a tough position to be in when you cannot score goals...

AndyMUFC86

I actually feel sorry for this kid. He’s a player who needs time and patience to develop. We’ve done our usual trick of overpaying and now people will be expecting him to perform at elite level. Last year he score 9 goals in 32 games in a lesser league. Genuinely if he scores 10 goals that would be a huge improvement on his previous year.
If the club was ran better he would be coming in to learn from a world class forward like Kane but typically United we will probably ruin this guy with pressure and a lack of quality around him.
I would love to be so wrong on this but I don’t think I will be!

Marwood

If he just gives us basic centre forward play it will help a lot. Even if the goals aren't flowing it'll be great to have a No.9 with presence,who can play with his back to goal. Think back to Cavani and the difference he alone made when past his best. Just by doing the basics.

colombianmancunian

People who are saying we have to introduce him slowly, are aware that this means playing Rashford out of potitioj and having no goal threat at all?

We need him to start urgently, we are creating chances and need a CF to take advantage of those chances. Rashford is no CF.

I really hope Højlund starts with confidence and effectiveness. If ETH trusts him to lead the line, so do I.

When is he coming?

Kaos

In an ideal world, the Glazers would have fecked off back to Tampa earlier this year after selling the club, our new owners would have signed Kane, Rasmus, KMJ and two midfielders, giving us the luxury of bedding in Rasmus.

Instead we find ourselves in a situation where we're stuck with the parasites and are now praying our young new signing is our goal scoring salvation.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
People who are saying we have to introduce him slowly, are aware that this means playing Rashford out of potitioj and having no goal threat at all?

We need him to start urgently, we are creating chances and need a CF to take advantage of those chances. Rashford is no CF.

I really hope Højlund starts with confidence and effectiveness. If ETH trusts him to lead the line, so do I.

When is he coming?
He has a back issue which means he will likely be managed carefully for the first half of this season and not overused to make sure he doesn't suffer bigger consequences. He is also 20. We can use Martial or Sancho through the middle with Rashford wide which is what I hope we use more often.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I wonder if Bruno would of been in that goal scoring position against spurs if Hojlund was playing… that’s where Rashford should of been as a ST, not saying he would have finished the header but he might of… although Bruno as always been one that gets into goal scoring positions as he tends to run behind the opposition defence as does Mount. So we have 2 running midfielders who’ll like to get into the positions that the ST should be taking up…

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
The challenge with this is we'd have to be winning already, and that's a tough position to be in when you cannot score goals...
Chicken and egg situation for sure. Hopefully we are just having a slow start and kick into gear before he is fit and ready to play

flameinthesun

The guy was a starter in Serie A last season and is now a starter for his national team.....yet people want to treat him like an academy player who just made the step up from the U23s? Soon as he is fit start him, if Martial is fit then maybe start from the bench for a couple games but he's been bought to start.

lsd

The Oracle
This guy is going to have so much pressure on him when he plays

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I wonder if Bruno would of been in that goal scoring position against spurs if Hojlund was playing… that’s where Rashford should of been as a ST, not saying he would have finished the header but he might of… although Bruno as always been one that gets into goal scoring positions as he tends to run behind the opposition defence as does Mount. So we have 2 running midfielders who’ll like to get into the positions that the ST should be taking up…
Like the glory days of the late 90s all over again.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
The more I think of it the more strange it seems that we've spent that much on a fairly unproven 20 year-old given the state we are in.

It's the type of signing you make when you are a well oiled machine looking for reinforcements for the future - not when you are a fecking car wreck of a club completely unable to score goals and have no other strikers.

Unfair pressure to put on him as well and for the sake of his career I think it would've been much safer to stay at Atalanta or a move to a place where the succes of the season didn't necessarily depend on him. Hopefully I'm completely wrong and he hits the ground running and becomes a club legend.
I think the plan was that he will be the secondary striking option. An old head was supposed to come (or coming in) to help ease him in. But since we are struggling to shift a bunch of players worth 100m out then it's looking like we have to rely on young Razzi.

Chief123

It’s a shame we didn’t sign that Brazilian kid Barcelona snapped up actually. He was probably our wing and prayer signing for that but alas :lol:
Do you mean Endrick who Madrid signed? Unless it’s a different player you’re thinking of.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
The guy was a starter in Serie A last season and is now a starter for his national team.....yet people want to treat him like an academy player who just made the step up from the U23s? Soon as he is fit start him, if Martial is fit then maybe start from the bench for a couple games but he's been bought to start.
He was mainly used as a sub initially until and injury.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
If he just gives us basic centre forward play it will help a lot. Even if the goals aren't flowing it'll be great to have a No.9 with presence,who can play with his back to goal. Think back to Cavani and the difference he alone made when past his best. Just by doing the basics.
I’ve seen this lad compared to Cavani for his movement. Hopefully the comparison is apt.

Howl

We need more players in the box though. When you go look at goals scored under Fergie, we would regularly get 3-4 players into the box. Ever since then though, we may get 1-2. It's like in Ole's first full season, I was furious at the amount of times Dan James would fizz a ball across the 6 yard line and neither Martial nor Rashford would be attacking the post. You need multiple players in these areas. If you watch City they do the same thing, they will have 3-4-5 players in the box.