Rasmus Højlund

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I hope he’s left alone to develop properly before being snapped up by a super team who expect instant results.

Mike Smalling

I hope he’s left alone to develop properly before being snapped up by a super team who expect instant results.
Needs to have a word with Eriksen about career moves. Besides perhaps his Inter move, he has made some excellent choices in terms of finding good situations for himself.

Pintu

Needs to have a word with Eriksen about career moves. Besides perhaps his Inter move, he has made some excellent choices in terms of finding good situations for himself.
Eriksen's move to Inter wasn't bad at all... He was stuck at a declining Spurs, a club not willing to invest and grow up. He got a big salary and won his first major trophy... He later had to leave after his sudden sickness because Serie A didn't allow peacemakers, and he managed that situation remarkably well. Very few could have expected to see him back at this level. Spurs should regret letting him go, no regrets on his part.

Höjlund has a bright future, and he's just turned 20... He should stay at Atlanta until there is a big club with a genuinely good manager who believes in him, and he's ready for that move... Stay clear of Juventus and the dinosaur Allegri, that type of football could be a graveyard for his talent.

RedRocket9908

If Erik is looking at players from Atalanta he should take a look at Joakim Maehle, he is a RWB who looks like he could be a better option for that position than AWB or Dalot and would probably be available cheaper than Denzel Dumfrise.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
If Erik is looking at players from Atalanta he should take a look at Joakim Maehle, he is a RWB who looks like he could be a better option for that position than AWB or Dalot and would probably be available cheaper than Denzel Dumfrise.
He's a decent player but plays mainly on the left. A total of 229 minutes on the right this season. Atalanta also rarely play with a back four so he's basically a wing-back which we don't use.

Anduin

At the same age who is better, him or Sesko?
Having watched both in Austria, Hojlund is clearly ahead. Took the league by storm for half a season, was pretty much unplayable, and left to a stronger league straightaway. That very rarely happens in the Austrian league, especially if it’s any other club than Salzburg. It wasn’t quite Haaland quality and territory (Haaland was amazing even at Salzburg), but excellent as well for someone with barely any first team experience prior to joining

Sesko on the other hand is very talented, but lacks the fear factor and is still very raw. I think he needs a bit more guidance to properly show his talent, but at this stage Hojlund is ahead IMHO.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I think Damsgaard said something similar about growing up a huge United fan.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Sounds like he still is a United fan by all accounts
I think so yeah. It’s not something you can just turn off I suppose unless you spend so long at one particular club that the player’s love and affinity for that club overpowers the love for the childhood club, like Carragher.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
At the same age who is better, him or Sesko?
It seems Holjund already completed the league Sesko is still in, and is already doing it at a higher level in the Serie A.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Two more goals today. That’s 5 goals in about 130 minutes over this international break.

zaafi

Get this kid no matter what. His natural instincts and movement at the age of 20 is already elite. He is going to be sensational.

ForeverRed1

I’m starting to think we should go all out for this kid and Evan Ferguson instead of someone like kane. The potential is unbelievably huge and between them they can score goals.

both kids are going to be big players

M Bison

Supports
York City
Imagine having an actual striker, one that is a long term option and not a stop gap, feels too good to be true.

bosskeano

have to admit i'd never heard of this kid until just this past week....watching the different highlight videos, he looks like a kid with a ton of potential

definitely a kid United should be watching over the coming months leading into the transfer window especially if they intend on keeping Martial

probably could get this kid for a reasonable fee given his age and that he really hasn't made his mark in europe as of yet

SAF is the GOAT

have to admit i'd never heard of this kid until just this past week....watching the different highlight videos, he looks like a kid with a ton of potential

definitely a kid United should be watching over the coming months leading into the transfer window especially if they intend on keeping Martial

probably could get this kid for a reasonable fee given his age and that he really hasn't made his mark in Europe as of yet
I don't think Atalanta will sell him less than 44m-52m pounds especially where his stock is going up right now

city-puma

I’m starting to think we should go all out for this kid and Evan Ferguson instead of someone like kane. The potential is unbelievably huge and between them they can score goals.

both kids are going to be big players
Exactly!

Vapor trail

Imagine having an actual striker, one that is a long term option and not a stop gap, feels too good to be true.
Yes I think United's policy to integrate youth from the transfer market has been quite poor the last few years. I still don't feel too confident in Murtough / Scouts to actually put together a feasible plan to amass balance in targeting young players while also meeting the needs for quality of the immediate first team. Hopefully the sale of the club brings forward whatever the summer directives are.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Downright shameless defending but stuff like this is what you want to see from a no.9 here.

Dan27

Exactly. Højlund has been brilliant during the past 2 years. Would be also nice to read the name of the club in Austria doing such great scouting there and i can tell you it is "Sturm Graz".
Graz already scouted the next decent Danish player from Kopenhagen, William Böving, as well as a promising dutch player named Emanuel Emegha, who is also in great shape nowadays (scored 2 goals against french U20 squad 2 days ago) . So it is definitely not all about Salzburgs scouting in Austria.

Last edited:
Reactions: oates

SAFMUTD

Whoever we get we need someone with pace. We only have Rashford with that attribute and while it may sound daft pace it's still a very important attribute for an attacking player.

This kid tick that box so I'm all sold in on him. Let's get him.

bosskeano

Whoever we get we need someone with pace. We only have Rashford with that attribute and while it may sound daft pace it's still a very important attribute for an attacking player.

This kid tick that box so I'm all sold in on him. Let's get him.
anyone that says pace isn't important probably has never played football against someone that could do them for pace and how difficult that makes someone to defend

bosskeano

he'll be the biggest name, not name Jude, in the summer that everyone will want b/c of his age and price tag

sparx99

We absolutely need two strikers this summer. I'm not sure how we can make that happen given our finances and the likely lack of takers for Martial. But Hojlund and Kane/Osimhen would be amazing. City went out and got Haaland and Alvarez last summer and that's what we need to do.

Martial needs to be sold for whatever we can get for him. He's had his chances and Ten Hag obviously likes his game but he can't stay fit and at this point, it just has the feel of time to move on.

Legendary

Yes please, I think Hojlund will be the next big thing, his physical attributes are world class, tall, strong, lightning quick, and his mental attributes are great for someone so young as well.
I'd take him over any other striker available, including Kane and Osimhen.