Rate the window out of ten.

Rate our transfer window work

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jamie Shawcross

Finished 20 points behind the bitters and responded with Lee Grandad, Dalot and Fred. Absolute embarrassment and just goes to show the boards ambition is to merely reach top 4 and keep profits up. New Arsenal. Obviously don't totally agree with the recent behaviour of Mourinho but can hardly blame him. He is the one who will take the fall. This will be the death of Mourinho at United. Hes gone

Spirit of Solskjaer

Not the best time to create this thread, give it four games. Most people have never seen Fred or Dalot play.
I think it will be more than four games until we see Dalot, didn't Jose say today that he still needs a couple of months of rehabilitation until he can play?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
5. Think Dalot and Fred will be quality for us in the years to come but it so obvious we didn't sort out glaring weaknesses at LB and RW. So like Fred and Dalot are only things to be happy about.

Camilo

It wasn't very exciting, but I think the right thing was done - stop buying players at stupid prices and work with what we have; a good squad with plenty of quality. Jose's wasting the talent we have.

I think he's expected to seriously challenge for the league this year, and with the squad we have we should expect to challenge.

6/10

Canagel

1/10. if it wasn't for Fred I'd give it zero. Dalot is one for the future. It's wishful thinking for a 19 year old with a handful of appearances in the Portuguese league to suddenly play week in week out in the PL at a high level.
No established RB
No LB
No RW or any winger for that matter.
Resigned Fellaini which meant no 2nd midfielder
Failed to get rid of dead wood.
The list goes on and on...

Last edited:

pacifictheme

We got in 2 out of 5 players we probably needed (rb and cm when we also needed rw, cb and lb as well).

So 4/10.

nameischarles

Very poor 2/10, Fred is the only real buy and can help the team immediately. Dalot won't be ready yet.

Devil may care

1/10

We didn't really address the fullback issue or CB and we added nothing to the attack and I still think we lack a top game controlling CM, so yeah, we added some legs to midfield and a prospect at RB who I doubt we'll see a lot of. On top of that we resigned the giant turd and only managed to shift one piece of deadwood, although there is time left for Darmien and Rojo to be sold abroad.

Toad

1/10

We got Fred but he should have been last on our priority list. Embarrassing/10

caid

5/10
Fred should be a good addition, keeping Fellaini is good i guess. Didn't do enough elsewhere to be happy with the window though.

Justin Bieber

4/10

I have high hopes for Fred and think Dalot could contribute now but more likely our right back for not too distant future.

Ultimately though not good enough.

Edit: Actually we could still lose players so this thread is premature.

Steven7290

:lol: Was disappointing not seeing any new signings but the anticipation of threads like this makes it much more fun.

5/7 would muppet again.

SAred

Lee Martin Scores , Sir Alex legacy begins

I think we needed, in order-ish.

1. Centre mid
2. Right winger
3. Full back, maybe 2
4. Centre back
5. Second striker

We have signed the centre mid and a full back, so 2 out of 5, or 4 out of 10, 5 considering CM was by far the most important.
Your slightly wrong there, CM we signed 2 yes I know one was Fellaini but he could of left so keeping him was like a new signing. Right Wing we have one Sanchez he has played a large of amount of football there so why not put him there and keep a certain talented Frenchman playing in his best position on the Left. Center Back we have 5 and the ones we where after the selling clubs wanted crazy money for not much better than what we have already. Second striker why we have 3 players that can fill in that position if Lukaku needs a break. And not to mention keeping Pereira around. So it was not that bad after all.

Henry Gaervell

2/10

We filled just 1/4 priority positions that I believe needed filling (RW, RB, CM, CB).note - Fred fills the CM priority, but I'm assuming that Dalot is a 'project' who won't take over as RB until 2020

Also are outgoings were poor. Too many average players who are rotation options at best - they are blocking routes to the first team for yougsters with a far higher ceiling of potential (Fellani, Jones, Rojo, Darmian, Herrera and Mata*)

*as a right winger

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
1/10 - hopefully Dalot does turn out to be a quality RB. Fred can help.

It’s absolutely disgusting that we haven’t signed a LB, RW or back up ST.

spwd

Finished 20 points behind the bitters and responded with Lee Grandad, Dalot and Fred. Absolute embarrassment and just goes to show the boards ambition is to merely reach top 4 and keep profits up. New Arsenal. Obviously don't totally agree with the recent behaviour of Mourinho but can hardly blame him. He is the one who will take the fall. This will be the death of Mourinho at United. Hes gone
Completely agree, Dalot is an unknown so we’re relying on a few players playing to their potential and Fred to close that gap :lol:

It wasn't very exciting, but I think the right thing was done - stop buying players at stupid prices and work with what we have; a good squad with plenty of quality. Jose's wasting the talent we have.

I think he's expected to seriously challenge for the league this year, and with the squad we have we should expect to challenge.

6/10
We didn’t challenge last year with basically the exact same squad, so where will the extra 20 points come from?

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
We ended the season in tears, were encouraged by our early transfer dealings, and now we are back in tears again. We've gone full circle, so I rate it 2π.

Last edited:

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
6/10. With a couple of promising additions, the team has enough talent to play good football and do well, though not necessarily challenge for the title. A world class manager like Jose Mourinho of Porto fame should be able to make something decent of it.

Inter Yer Nan

Not good let's be honest. 4/10. We didn't sign for the sake of signing, we didn't get too many players to gel in and Fred looks a good player so those are the positives. I think Dalot is more one for the future. We are still lacking at LB, RB, RW and a top class established CB. I could have lived with addressing only two of those areas but to leave all four? Yikes.

I actually think Mourinho had five targets all summer (as he said) and they were Fred, Dalot, a 3rd choice keeper and then I think he wanted an established central defender and either Bale or Wilian. It became obvious early Bale was staying and Wilian was overpriced, same for defenders so I think we didn't act. Partly because I'm sure the board let him overspend somewhat until now and partly due to little value in the market. It's frustrating that he never wanted a LB which means he really trusts Young.

Hopefully this is a season where lads that have bedded in at the club raise their game further and the team having been together longer will gel a bit better. Hoping for echoes of 2006 when we added only Carrick (who was making a major jump up) and Chelsea who were very strong and dominant added Cole, Shevchenko and Ballack and everyone expected another one horse race. We had a great season and then a fantastic pre-season next summer filling in the missing pieces.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
At the start of the window I wanted: RB, RW, LB and a CM. We got 2/4 so for me I'd give it a 5.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
2/10

Only got 2 of 5-6 needed players in and didn't shift deadwood except Blind.

Remains to be seen how Fred does. Not super excited about him. Dalot is exciting but is more one for the future.

ItDoesntEvenMata

Having spent a considerable amount of time this summer bashing Mourinho and his depressive demeanour, I have to say that the sheer incompetence and idiocy of Ed Woodward has put me in much the same place and absolved Mourinho of much of the blame.

The positives - Fred looks like he could be a great signing and will hopefully free up Pogba, Dalot looks like a potentially good one for the future and the third keeper doesn't really matter other than to get Pereira a good spell of first team football. The lack of another centre back gives Lindelof the chance to step up to the plate.

The negatives - We were crying out for a strong central defender to lead; Jones, Smalling and Rojo all are capable of putting in good performances but also sheer insanity....why we didn't clear some deadwood is perplexing. Alderweireld was there to be bought at the right price, Ed should have pursued his other targets (if Maguire and Boateng were one and two) but then needed to pull his finger out at the end. A right winger would be nice but I'm not with people as much on this - I think Rashford, Lingard, Martial can cover this, especially if we play two up top a bit more.

Overall 2/10.... Got a good player, a potentially good player, kept too many iffy players and didn't get in what we need. That gap to City looks like it isn't closing at the rate we need.

Reactions: KM

Smithy89

I'll be generous with a 2/10 and that's only because of Fred, otherwise it's a 0.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
6/10 very glad to have not have splashed cash aimlessly to please fans/Mourinho. Very happy with Fred and dalot. Still need a LB