Raul Jimenez

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Yeah the number of times I’ve seen people saying Ole has written this season off is infuriating.

Some people either don’t have a basic command of English or are absolutely pushing an anti Ole agenda.
He did sayed the season was to write off for the next two transfer windows for the rebuild. He sayed it yesterday on Norwegian tv.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
We don’t create tap ins, we are dire in creating chances. We don’t threaten in the air because we can’t cross, look at our set pieces. Another striker won’t solve shit. We need at least 2 midfielders before we plan on a striker. We need a DMF and CAM, even a RW should be of higher priority than a striker.
Yes we do? James creates plenty of chances like that and AWB is starting to cross more. If Williams continues to play more as well, he also will create those chances.

Cliche Guevara

He did sayed the season was to write off for the next two transfer windows for the rebuild. He sayed it yesterday on Norwegian tv.
No he didn’t. He said this season would be used to form next season’s team. It’s a world of difference and no way related to writing the season off.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
:lol:

I like it but that’s genuinely how many people talk on here. I was originally going to say it was too painful to read the first time without having to read it again.
:D

edit: not that I have any problem with people's different levels of English.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
His goalscoring record really isn't all that. 21 in 59 as the main centre forward for a top 8 team really isn't anything to shout about. He's also going to be 29 this May. For the money it would take to get him I'd leave it to be honest.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I like Jimenez, but can you imagine him scoring as many for us at he does for Wolves with the lack of creativity in our squad? If we get him, and i think he'd be great, then we need both a creative midfielder and winger too I think.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Good impact sub for a top club, I don't think he's the forward we are looking for IMHO.

RedIan

29 in may, a bit too old imo. If we want a short term fix then he would be ok for 2 years after age of 31 most strikers are past their best.

DarkRed

I like Jimenez, but can you imagine him scoring as many for us at he does for Wolves with the lack of creativity in our squad? If we get him, and i think he'd be great, then we need both a creative midfielder and winger too I think.
What creativity is there at Wolves? I mean they played 5 in the back + 2 CDMs vs us, when we basically only had Greenwood in attack...

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
What creativity is there at Wolves? I mean they played 5 in the back + 2 CDMs vs us, when we basically only had Greenwood in attack...
Neves and Moutinho for a start. I'll bet Wolves have created more chances that we have this season.

sherrinford

He is different. Provides a aerial threat, intelligent movement, linkup play and workrate which is superior to any forward we have.
Well he’s not identical, but a broadly similar ‘type’ of player. Like Martial, his game is predominantly about hold up play, link up play. He plays with his back to goal, takes the ball into feet. ‘Different’ would be someone who plays on the shoulder of the last defender, on the turn, threatening the space in behind the back line, running the channels - someone who’s first thought would be to make a penetrative run off the ball. Or a fox in the box. Or both would be perfect. I think Haaland would have been very suitable. His now ex-teammate Hwang would maybe fit.

Even so, I would be a bit keener on Jimenez if Rashford didn’t think he was Hazard.

I understand but I don't see it. Origi and Shaqiri at Liverpool, Jesus and Mahrez at City, they have similar back-up options to attack who come into the team and are expected to play similarly.
You don’t see it? Man City perhaps, yes - Guardiola is pretty set on what he wants his striker and wingers to do and how he likes them positioned. Though I do think he initially favoured Jesus because the Brazilian followed instruction more and relented merely because Aguero is quite simply a better player. Guardiola’s adjustments happen deeper, with the best example of a player Man City use to change the dynamic of the team being Gundogan when replacing one of the two attacking no.8’s to provide a deeper option and more control.

Origi and Shaqiri offer something different. When they played together against Everton in the last league game the setup was quite different, with Origi up top and Shaqiri on the right the ‘function’ of the players in those positions were reversed. Origi is a bit of a like-for-like change with Mane, but gets chucked about all over the place and is often brought on to change the formation when things aren’t working. When Shaqiri first came in Klopp seemed to experiment with a 4-2-3-1 with Salah up top, Firmino in the hole and him on the right, probably in an attempt to establish a good alternative shape. After his injury, I feel like Shaqiri has just not been near the first team much at all really.

Our best and most impactful sub this season has been Greenwood, offering something very different off the right either in a straight swap for James or in a change to a front four. Many talk about James being a potentially great impact sub. The idea of a ‘plan B’ forward is obviously well established, and a great example of that was seen with Tottenham having Lucas and Llorente as potential forward options last season. Traore is establishing himself as a consistent starter for Wolves in a system which suits him now but was a bit of a wildcard option as a wing back prior to the change of shape. He had a notable impact against us off the bench. Sissoko was previously used as an impact sub by Spurs and I can recall him having a similar impact in a past game against us too. There are myriad examples.

Canagel

Club still being linked with strikers meanwhile we are dying for right wingers. Extremely weird

Conor

Neves and Moutinho for a start. I'll bet Wolves have created more chances that we have this season.
We've created more chances and scored more goals than Wolves, but do go on.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I rate Jimenez highly, and he will no doubt become our 1st choice striker.

I think it would be between Martial and Rashford to fight it out for the left forward position in a 4-3-3.

As it stands I don't think we can afford both of them starting for majority of the games if we have any aspiration to challenge for the League or even top 4, not until they prove us otherwise - and the key of this happening is by adding more quality in their respective positions.
To me it’s unfair to even say Jimenez will no doubt become our 1st choice striker. I believe Martial still has better chance to start over him, and I don’t like the idea of playing 28 or going to be 29 this year over our 24 years old striker. Jimenéz will only have few years left in his career, if there is anything that we should do about this is that playing Martial as our first choice so he can be developed to even better player for next season.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He has some qualities in common with Martial but he's taller and a good header. More of a Haaland or Zlatan type of striker with a good presence in the area.

He offers us something different and is the type of striker Ole was going for when he tried to get Haaland.
‘If what you meant different is just by being taller then 50m is such a waste, we could try Giroud if we want something different just being taller and still keep Martial as a starter to maintain the progress of his development.

Ranchero

Let me guess lots of positive comments about a player that is nowhere as good as Lukaku.

I can't believe we ditch Lukaku and are looking at a substandard version. And I'm not a massive Lukaku fan.

He is not good enough. Simple.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Let me guess lots of positive comments about a player that is nowhere as good as Lukaku.

I can't believe we ditch Lukaku and are looking at a substandard version. And I'm not a massive Lukaku fan.

He is not good enough. Simple.
He's being bought to fill in the games where Martial is either injured or rested or to be subbed in when looking for a goal. You don't get 25 year old strikers in their prime willing to accept that role.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
I think he could be handy but any striker would struggle in the current United team.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
He’s absolutely quality. Would be impossible to do this month.

Son

Yes we do? James creates plenty of chances like that and AWB is starting to cross more. If Williams continues to play more as well, he also will create those chances.
I don’t know what United you’ve been watching if you think those 3 players pull balls back near the 6 yard box like City do. Martial is the only player we own who sometimes does that because of his close dribbling ability.

Our club going after players like Jiminez, Sancho and Van de Beek at least gives me hope we are trying to improve on the technical side.

Jiminez might be a little too old for us as a starter but if he fancies the second fiddle role like Sheringham ages back, why not. He won’t be playing every game and it could prolong his career. My only big worry is the fee Wolves will command.

NoPace

He has 3.5 years left on his deal and we'd be insane to pay 50m for a player his age considering how far we are from being decent, but who knows anymore.

Stylistically he could be a good fit for Rashford and James, and he might shame Martial into working, but I'd much rather see 50M spent on a younger CM, LB or RW.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I don’t know what United you’ve been watching if you think those 3 players pull balls back near the 6 yard box like City do. Martial is the only player we own who sometimes does that because of his close dribbling ability.

Our club going after players like Jiminez, Sancho and Van de Beek at least gives me hope we are trying to improve on the technical side.

Jiminez might be a little too old for us as a starter but if he fancies the second fiddle role like Sheringham ages back, why not. He won’t be playing every game and it could prolong his career. My only big worry is the fee Wolves will command.
I feel like you've missed my point. You can't tell me James hasn't beaten his man and played the ball into a box when rashford is standing on the edge of the area.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Missed a few massive chances today. Already displaying his Man Utd form.

SmithLogic

Honestly, we are about as interested in any wolves (Jimenez) players as we are Norwich players (Cantwell). Does no one see the pattern except me?

Apparent Interest in Cantwell banded about a week or so before we play Norwich, now it’s Jimenez a week or so before we play Wolves.

Good Ol’ fashioned fergie mind games being redeployed.

Devil may care

I prefer this transfer to the Bruno one, he's the right age to be a back-up striker which we need.

Son

I feel like you've missed my point. You can't tell me James hasn't beaten his man and played the ball into a box when rashford is standing on the edge of the area.
James has a few times got crosses into the box so has Wan Bissaka. They are always crossing from far out wide instead of having the ability to drive into the box towards the byline.

Neither have Beckham like delivery so they are supplying low percentage balls. Maybe a striker who attacks the ball more could help but I’d rather see us change our style slightly to something more akin to Man City.

Mata did a top job creating from wide though yesterday. Williams too looked a real threat so I was impressed with Ole this weekend on the delivery front.