Ravel Morrison (Only football related)

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Have to admit I'm not totally convinced about the tv thing (I've heard a few people say it could be an issue). In Spain and other countries teams as low down as U12/13s (probably younger) get tv coverage, website coverage etc, and it doesn't seem to do them too much harm. I don't really see why being on MUTV should go to players' heads really. Lots of other things more likely to affect these kids mentally I think.

One thing I'd (tentatively, as we're only talking 1 sub appearance and then a whole game we've only got highlights of) say about Morrison since his return is he's seemed to be playing with greater maturity, particularly in that sub appearance against Wolves. Like you said, he worked hard, and he was much better with his decision making and use of the ball, keeping his tricks for the right areas of the field. Hopefully he's grown up a little.
I think its the difference between sir alex and a lot of other managers/coaches. The protection we give in this country and at united is different to that where they have open training for example all the time

It's more to do with who will recognize them - when you talk about mutv, that's probably over 3,000,000 + people world wide. Before Mutv, we're talking a lot less so it has to be an issue but in this case? Who honestly knows? I'm sure it's something Sir Alex has thought about though because the more people who recognize you, the more chance of feeling you've made it...

You get the coaches, parents etc keeping their feet on the ground but it can't be easy for the kids

Girish II

He's started the last three games and has notched two goals in that time. Those who watched have reported that he's generally had a good performance in all. They play city today I believe.

Mitch Conor

Holy CRAP BALLS!!
agreed - he has looked good in the last few games. What is more noticeable though, for me, is that his performances seem a lot more mature than they had done before. He has been playing a CM role, and he has been disciplined in that role. He has pulled out the tricks on occasion but they have been used with purpose and his overall positioning and use of the ball has been very impressive.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
As has been noted already, he seems to have put on a few inches in height as well.

PS18

Was brilliant today, our best player in the second half for my money.

Ringo 07

Heres what Citys football administrator Brian Marwood had to say about this kid in the telegraph today. Is Morrsion worth the effort?

Manchester City are flourishing without Wayne Rooney thanks to Brian Marwood - Telegraph

'Probably the most gifted teenager in the country is Ravel Morrison at Manchester United, but he has had considerable off-field issues. Marwood nodded. “I signed him at Nike at 15. I know the baggage there. United will work hard to get him back into line. A lot of other clubs give up on that side and indulge him because he’s a talented footballer.’’

datura

Heres what Citys football administrator Brian Marwood had to say about this kid in the telegraph today. Is Morrsion worth the effort?

Manchester City are flourishing without Wayne Rooney thanks to Brian Marwood - Telegraph

'Probably the most gifted teenager in the country is Ravel Morrison at Manchester United, but he has had considerable off-field issues. Marwood nodded. “I signed him at Nike at 15. I know the baggage there. United will work hard to get him back into line. A lot of other clubs give up on that side and indulge him because he’s a talented footballer.’’
Of course he is, as I've said before, it's not very productive to concentrate on all the negatives outside of his football while he's still a teenager. We have all made mistakes growing up, and have no idea about his background.

Just let him play and enjoy his football, which he seems to be doing and has been rewarded this season with a regular place in the reserves.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
From what I've heard, he has improved his attitude, on and off the pitch. And I am sure at United, he's at the best possible place for him

mubarak

Lennie Godber
Any idea when we're going to see him? He's getting rave reviews nearly every week

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
Of course a pipe dream with so many players ahead in the pecking order but would love to see him this season, I just think with his talent he'd step up but Fergie and the coaching staff know best.

Neutral

BTV
I just want him to stay out of trouble, and to continue to concentrate on his football, he does that...we'll see him in the not too distant future for United.

It's never been about ability with him, it's such a cliche, but it's true, just needs to keep his head on straight.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I just want him to stay out of trouble, and to continue to concentrate on his football, he does that...we'll see him in the not too distant future for United.

It's never been about ability with him, it's such a cliche, but it's true, just needs to keep his head on straight.
I agree. A season or two in the reserves might be the best thing - immediate stardom might not really benefit him.

mubarak

Lennie Godber
If he's good enough then get him in the first team squad. Our midfield is exactly great at the moment

MPTutd

I agree. A season or two in the reserves might be the best thing - immediate stardom might not really benefit him.
I see what you are saying, but maybe a little taste of the first team might help. If he likes it, it is a carrot to dangle for the next year or two.

Devilton

I'd like to see him get a few minutes during the carling cup this week like King did a season ago. Get the fans excited about a new talent and give the boy something to keep working hard for.

Lord knows some of our midfielders could do with a kick up the backside to remind them there are other, more hungrier players waiting for their chance to claim a first team spot.

Tribec

I've been hoping we'd see more of our youngsters in these early rounds of the Carling Cup, but with the size of the first team squad ever expanding it's becoming a rare occurance right now. However Morrison and Eikrem were the two that I'd tipped else where to make a mark on the Carling Cup this year.

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
I've been hoping we'd see more of our youngsters in these early rounds of the Carling Cup, but with the size of the first team squad ever expanding it's becoming a rare occurance right now. However Morrison and Eikrem were the two that I'd tipped else where to make a mark on the Carling Cup this year.
We get to see Park,Gibson and Owen instead......:boring:

Tribec

We get to see Park,Gibson and Owen instead......:boring:
I know, someone like Owen in the team would help the youngsters, and perhaps maybe even Park, but Gibson I'm not sure he could help the likes of Morrison. Let's keep our fingers croessed we seem them on the bench or better tomorrow, and Fergie giving them a game if we go 2 or 3 goals up.

Striker10

yep. I think we've a lot of gifted young kids but Ravel needs to do carry on maturing and he's still young. We've fantastic midfield talent at the club.

Striker10

If he's good enough then get him in the first team squad. Our midfield is exactly great at the moment
you have to manage the players and there is always a concern over how they handle yourselves the pitch. We have a large number of young midfielders who have potential to make it here. It's actually disappointing as we've too many. As mad as it sounds. I hate that.

People talk about invention in the middle of the park, I can reel off a list of players we have and it's obscene. They've not made it but God it looks good at youth level in certain areas. We've good width with Brady and Ajose but centrally we're very strong. I'd much rather see Tunnicliffe play tonight as he's someone who offers something we've not really had since Keane probably but i think Eikrem was on the bench last season (not sure if he's on loan) so you never know who could be available

MPTutd

Breaking news ahead of tonight's Carling Cup clash with Wolves: Robbie Brady and Ravel Morrison have been handed first team squad numbers. Irish winger Brady has been given no. 37, while attacking midfielder Morrison, from Wythenshawe, has 49.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Would love to see Ra'vel have a little Bolero from the bench tonight.

Oh yes I went there.

datura

Breaking news ahead of tonight's Carling Cup clash with Wolves: Robbie Brady and Ravel Morrison have been handed first team squad numbers. Irish winger Brady has been given no. 37, while attacking midfielder Morrison, from Wythenshawe, has 49.
Interesting, I had a sneaky feeling that there may have been a surprise or two on the bench tonight. It may be like Ajose they are part of the squad but will not be involved.

Does Pogba have a squad no?

MPTutd

2010/11 Barclays Premier League squad numbers
1. Van der Sar, 2. Neville, 3. Evra, 4. Hargreaves, 5. Ferdinand, 6. Brown, 7. Owen, 8. Anderson, 9. Berbatov, 10. Rooney, 11. Giggs, 12. Smalling, 13. Park, 14. Chicharito, 15. Vidic, 16. Carrick, 17. Nani, 18. Scholes, 20. Fabio, 21. Rafael, 22. O'Shea, 23. J Evans, 24. Fletcher, 25. Valencia, 26. Obertan, 27. Macheda, 28. Gibson, 29. Kuszczak, 30. De Laet, 31. C Evans, 35. Cleverley, 40. Amos, 42. Eikrem, 44. Dudgeon, 45. Gill.

MPTutd

I suspect they have chosen Morrison and Brady because we don't have too many wide players available. Both can play wide or central.

I think Gibson, Anderson, Carrick and Eikrem will be involved so we won't need Pogba.

Fiskey

On the bench! Hope to see him and Magnus.

Fiskey

How good is this guy? The journos on twitter are waxing lyrical about him.
He's basically been reported as the next big thing since he was 15 and Nike gave him a big contract, but he's had quite a few off field issues. He looks amazingly talented though from the youth games.

Devilton

excellent. Just a few days ago I posted I'd love to see him get a game today.

Nice one! Hope the boy plays a blinder.