RAWK Goes Into Meltdown 20-18/19 Edition

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Anyone whinging about a score less draw against Bayern in a match where we were the better side needs a reality check. They totally outclassed Real last year until their goalkeeper made a shocking error.

The only worry for me is our away performances in Europe have been awful thus far. We only need a solid performance and a score draw to progress and we're well capable.
now about us
Decent win for them last night, but Chelsea are wretched, utterly rudderless, long may it continue for the Tory bastards.
He and the team are obviously playing much better than they were but they’re just playing closer to how they should be, the praise for them is getting a bit nauseating.

They can hurt us at the weekend and we have to be prepared for a battle but as long as avoid stupid early mistakes I think we’ll be ok. Easier said than done there I know.
Our form away from home against the bigger sides has been a bit patchy all season to be honest. Spurs away is the only one we’ve won if you include league and Europe. Getting three points would be Jurgen’s finest achievement in the league since he’s been here imo.
Whilst I don't quite agree with the last sentence, isn't it the only ground we've not won at under Jurgen? Quite literally never going to be a better time to correct that record.
Since Klopp has been here

Away

v United : Draw,Loss [not including Europa League]
v Arsenal: Win,Draw,Draw
v Chelsea: Win,Win,Loss,Draw
v Spurs: Draw,Draw,Loss,Win
v City: Win,Loss,Loss
v Everton: Win,Draw
Considering that we've won at OT, 5 times in the last what 20 years? [Two in the last ten and I believe 3 times under Houllier prior to that?] a win is a rare occurrence but in most of those years they've been the better side by a considerable margin
Must be one of the few teams in the PL that Salah hasn't scored against? Time to correct that.
I’m glad Oliver is reffing on Sunday. He is probably the best in this country and generally fair
The mancs seem to hate him because he is fair so it's all good.
He's exactly who we'd have wanted. Won't bottle big decisions against them, won't take shithousery from them. It's taken a layer of jepoardy off the fixture for me.
Who's on VAR duty
A. Ferguson (Wilmslow)

Red00012

All we heard was how liverpool had no defenders able to play yet Bayern had half a team missing but there wasn’t a word about that. They’re in for a tough one in 3 weeks that stadium will be bouncing

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
I found it interesting that Rafa apparantly loved a 0-0 at home.
What kind of manager wants that?

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Rafa was good and all but Klopp is a level up to the same kind of genius. Never underestimate the effect of having a classic Rafa 0-0 master class combined with the classic Klopp magic of adding that 1.9xG to said game. Might not seem like much but it means a whole lot to the alternative league tables.

automaticflare

Not conceding an away goal is a good result for them. The way they play on the break they are capable of scoring in Munich which means Bayern will need 2 against one of the strongest defenses this year. 0-0 isn’t an unmitigated disaster but would still slightly fancy Bayern

D4X73r

Do they believe that if they have a higher xG over 2 games, they are through? Goals scored/conceded are not important anymore

Josh 76

Not conceding an away goal is a good result for them. The way they play on the break they are capable of scoring in Munich which means Bayern will need 2 against one of the strongest defenses this year. 0-0 isn’t an unmitigated disaster but would still slightly fancy Bayern
Not the best defence away in Europe.

No Idea For Nickname

expected goals from the chances created.

Somehow numbers are crunched and spit out things like 2.1 xG

which people then take as "we should have scored 2"
I think it's some weird thing known as "expected goals."
Oh woow, and I thought result was 0-0. I hope they have xG 7,2 on Sunday and lose 1-0 with offside handball goal in 95th minute. Then I would spend whole night quoting Rawk.

Thanks for explaining.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
It would be humorous to spawn an unmerited win on Sunday through an illegitimate winner late on but feck that, I want to batter the bastards (even if it only ends up 1-0 to us). I want to pulverise them and run amok at that bum-rush midfield and exaggerated defence. A pulverisation is needed to propel us further along and convincingly derail their title push. The lucky win can wait until another occasion.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Well, Jose got fired for losing to LFC.
Perhaps it would be apt, if Solkjaer got the job, after beating them.

I'd be quite happy if LFC beat us on the xG stat, but we beat them in the actual scoreline. I think both sets of fans would be happy with that. ;)

No Idea For Nickname

Agree with both of you, would be nice to smash them 3,4-0, 5-0, it would be brilliant for us, and devastating for them, having that kind of result in the back of their mind will cause problems in other games, which might end their title hopes.
And English media would cry.
And Klopp's excuses will be new level of Monty Python.

One can only dream...

Vanrouge

Oh woow, and I thought result was 0-0. I hope they have xG 7,2 on Sunday and lose 1-0 with offside handball goal in 95th minute. Then I would spend whole night quoting Rawk.

Thanks for explaining.
I swear that the dippers on RAWK look at football like some people study pseudoscience like astrology. "Pogba is in retrograde, while the moon is in Mane, and the constellation of Virgil augurs the eclipse of the house of Mancunia."

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Expected Goals (xG) are not official goals, They are just the things that some people expect to be goals.

For example - in the sentence : "Liverpool had 2 xG against Bayern" it means "I'm a fecking idiot, I write acronyms to look cool even though They don't mean shit".

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I've guessing that the very sad truth is this: they're not allowed to have a United vs Monsters Inc Liverpool thread until the LFC/Bayern thread is locked.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
RAWK said:
Saw the BBC saying only 10 out of 31 teams who drew the home first leg 0-0 went through in CL history.
RAWK said:
The BBC also said there were WMD’s in Iraq.

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
I suspect Rafa enjoys a few other things at home that would be incomprehensible to normal people...