RAWK Goes Into Meltdown (2009/10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoony

The People's President
I can forgive any player...so long as he wears the sacred shirt.

Cannot wait to see him score against the bitters :D

Same here. But I still can't believe it. I must admit I was happy to see him sign for us.
Because there will be a perverse pleasure in watching him score his 19th goal of the season, which will give us our 19th title, and he will be wearing the 19 shirt as Fergie will decide it's symbolic and will wrench it away from Welbeck.

I'm sure he loves the idea of scoring infront of the Kop, again.

Smith's Cove

I've always maintained Owen has a nice knack of scoring vital goals. But he's never fit enough to do that, so its a moot point. Even coming off the bench for 30 minutes at a time is too much for him. Should Rooney get injured (again) Owen will be need for longer periods - something he can't cope with. Obviously you will buy a bigger name with the money you have but most of those big names are now not available or willing to join you.

Glen Johnson is replacing Arbeloa. Valencia is supposedly replacing Ronaldo. Who's laughing?
The thing is about Owen is that he is not meant to be our "marquee" signing of the summer. He is there as a useful option and he isn't costing us anything so if it doesn't work then we haven't lost too much. No one knows how he is going to perform at United next season. Some people are predicting that he will do nothing as he is finished, and others are saying that if he stays fit, then Fergie will have pulled off a coup because a fit Michael Owen will score goals. You seem fairly certain that he will be a failure as he will be injured all the time, given your track record for predictions on here I am quite happy with your assessment. But the time to judge him will be next May.

Ronaldo is simply irreplacable as he is the best player in the world. However, that doesn't mean that Valencia is a pub team player. In fact your manager should have been looking at him. Glen Johnson, yes he's a decent player but you didn't need him.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
In fact your manager should have been looking at him. Glen Johnson, yes he's a decent player but you didn't need him.
I don't understand the fascination with Johnson. He's not a world class signing, he's not even an important signing. He's just a replacement for an outgoing player and to meet the oncoming English Euro deadline.

Its zero steps back and zero steps forward skillwise or financially.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Valencia is a really good buy for United and would undoubtedly improve the Liverpool squad. They are still really short of quality in the wide areas. He is always going to get stick because of the fact he came from Wigan, but he will prove his worth. I think he can be a bigger hit than Riera, who Liverpool seemed to be pretty happy with last season.

Owen is a free transfer, on cheap as feck wages. He may be past it. But he will score more than Tevez and so its win win I suppose. A proven back up striker is exactly what Liverpool need - so I don't see why Dumpstar is gloating.

Unless it is a front to cover the fact that he is gutted...

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I don't understand the fascination with Johnson. He's not a world class signing, he's not even an important signing. He's just a replacement for an outgoing player and to meet the oncoming English Euro deadline.

£17 million.

Rowem

gently, down the stream

You're selling Arbeloa for £18million!?

Losing Ronaldo is obviously a huge backward step skillwise but we're not going to stand around crying about it. Instead, the steps to move forwards from it are already being put in process. Tosic and Ljajic were bought in January with an eye on Ronaldo's exit and Nani has had two years here developing and will be asked more of next season. The Valencia signing is a step forwards from Park. If we can, as many hope and expect, perform more fluidly without Ronaldo then that'll be another step forwards. Liverpool fans can smile and laugh all you like, but Kuyt and Riera are not suddenly world beaters.

Losing Tevez I'm pretty meh about. I think Welbeck and Petrucci would've ousted him before long anyway, and he was already crying about being behind Berbatov in the pecking order. Owen will be a decent stop gap.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
£7 million from Crouch, so that leaves £10 million to pay for Johnson. Arbeloa should fetch £6-8 million so that brings it down to £4 million-ish. Johnson signing would not make a difference to us signing a good forward (Silva, etc). Other financial matters might, but not Johnson.

Losing Ronaldo was a huge 4 steps back, not one. Losing Tevez was the fifth. One thing you could rely on with Tevez was his injury record and die hard attitude. I envied it. I'm glad he's gone and you have Mr EnglandFC.

Alex

Funny how all Liverpool fans never seemed to rate Ronaldo before he left, and now he is the best player all time

Alex

He has long since proven that he is a moron

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
Funny how all Liverpool fans never seemed to rate Ronaldo before he left, and now he is the best player all time
And Tevez. Once he was a worse version of Kuyt, now he's one of the best strikers in the world who we're going to really miss apparently.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
I rated Ronaldo (kept calling him your one man team and getting banned) and Tevez (wanted him AHEAD of Torres at Liverpool). As for Valencia only, as Alex puts it, morons would think he's in for Ronaldo's replacement. Thankfully I've not suggested that in anyway - only Religion and Alex seem to be doing so (is it subliminal acceptance or something?

TheReligion

Abusive
I rated Ronaldo (kept calling him your one man team and getting banned) and Tevez (wanted him AHEAD of Torres at Liverpool). As for Valencia only, as Alex puts it, morons would think he's in for Ronaldo's replacement. Thankfully I've not suggested that in anyway - only Religion and Alex seem to be doing so (is it subliminal acceptance or something?
Are you going senile?

You said in this very thread...

"Johnson is replacing Arbeloa, and Valencia is seemingly replacing Ronaldo - whoes laughing."

TheReligion

Abusive
I've always maintained Owen has a nice knack of scoring vital goals. But he's never fit enough to do that, so its a moot point. Even coming off the bench for 30 minutes at a time is too much for him. Should Rooney get injured (again) Owen will be need for longer periods - something he can't cope with. Obviously you will buy a bigger name with the money you have but most of those big names are now not available or willing to join you.

Glen Johnson is replacing Arbeloa. Valencia is supposedly replacing Ronaldo. Who's laughing?
There we go

As said before

You thick ****

Alex

Dumpstar just types he doesnt actually know what he is typing

izzydiggler

Dumpstar, if you think that Valencia is Ronaldo's replacement you really are a thick dumb idiot.
Do you think we'll be getting another winger as Ronaldo's replacement, or is it this fabled "new style of play", which doesn't require the world player of the year to be replaced :rolleyes:?

Not sure if you are refering to this (if not I apologise), but I just can't see how this new 'holy grail' of a different style of play means that Ronaldo wont need to be replaced.

Until somebody else is signed in Ronaldo's position, I can only come to the assumption of one right winger out and another coming in, in the same position= a replacement.

TheReligion

Abusive
If you go into the main forum you'll know what I mean by 'supposedly'. Do you understand the meaning of 'supposedly'?
What on earth are you going on about now?

Are you retarded, or like Alex said, do you just forget what you say?

TheReligion

Abusive
Do you think we'll be getting another winger as Ronaldo's replacement, or is it this fabled "new style of play", which doesn't require the world player of the year to be replaced :rolleyes:?

Not sure if you are refering to this (if not I apologise), but I just can't see how this new 'holy grail' of a different style of play means that Ronaldo wont need to be replaced.

Until somebody else is signed in Ronaldo's position, I can only come to the assumption of one right winger out and another coming in, in the same position= a replacement.
Don't roll your eyes at me son.

It is pretty obvious to the blind man next door that Ronaldo is irreplaceable. How can you replace him. Short answer is you can't. Ronaldo offered us goals, and again, it is obvious that Valencia has not been brought in to do that.

izzydiggler

Don't roll your eyes at me son.

It is pretty obvious to the blind man next door that Ronaldo is irreplaceable. How can you replace him. Short answer is you can't. Ronaldo offered us goals, and again, it is obvious that Valencia has not been brought in to do that.
Yes, it's very obvious that Ronaldo can't be replaced in terms of goals. But we still need somebody to play in his vacant position. Valencia is pretty certain to do that, hence he is Ronaldo's replacement.

Alex

The person who scores Ronaldo's goals will be his replacement, it's not like Ronaldo was a conventional winger he often wouldnt be found on the wing and also played as a striker at times.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Yes, it's very obvious that Ronaldo can't be replaced in terms of goals. But we still need somebody to play in his vacant position. Valencia is pretty certain to do that, hence he is Ronaldo's replacement.
Not really, only when the transfer window closes and you haven't signed anyone better than Valencia can you claim him to be a replacement. Not in terms of position but terms of value to the team. With £60 million in the bank I think there will be a proper impact signing. Who actually wants to come to old trafford is anyone's guess (Aguero?).

TheReligion

Abusive
Not really, only when the transfer window closes and you haven't signed anyone better than Valencia can you claim him to be a replacement. Not in terms of position but terms of value to the team. With £60 million in the bank I think there will be a proper impact signing. Who actually wants to come to old trafford is anyone's guess (Aguero?).
Alot more than 60million in the bank, when you take into consideration our transfer budget of 20-30 added to the fee recieved from Ronaldo.

Would rather not waste it though, as this summer seems to be silly season.

AlwaysRedwood

£7 million from Crouch, so that leaves £10 million to pay for Johnson. Arbeloa should fetch £6-8 million so that brings it down to £4 million-ish. Johnson signing would not make a difference to us signing a good forward (Silva, etc). Other financial matters might, but not Johnson.
That's the stupidest thing I've read yet. Just because someone owed you money, doesn't mean the cost of the player is reduced. Pool still payed the amount of the transfer, regardless of how it went down.

But I do like your math. 2 decent players + 4 million = one decent player.

Another epic Rafa transfer.

Smith's Cove

Losing Ronaldo was a huge 4 steps back, not one. Losing Tevez was the fifth. One thing you could rely on with Tevez was his injury record and die hard attitude. I envied it. I'm glad he's gone and you have Mr EnglandFC.
So what will it be for Liverpool when Mascherano or Alonso, or possibly both, upsticks this summer?

By the way, those figures for the Johnson transfer, keep on clutching at those straws mate. Eventually you will be able to convince yourselves that Rafa was shrewd enough to get him on a free.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
Losing Ronaldo was a huge 4 steps back, .
Tosic and Ljajic - 1 step
Nani - will hopefully take a step up
Playing with two proper wingers - 1 step
Valencia replacing Park - 1 step
Rooney becoming the key part of our attack - 1 step

I honestly don't think Tevez to Owen is a step backwards, especially as it means giving Welbeck playing time.

Alex

I see Anderson as a key player next one of the most important, I hope he plays an attacking role, v Arsenal he was probably United's best player in the home leg, and reallly carried the tempo. I think he has it all, and if he gets more confidence will be a star at United. If he becomes a guaranteed starter he will also replace a lot of the pace that United lost with Ronaldo. United might be looking elsewhere for a future star, but I believe there is one in our ranks that could become a fecking unreal player.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
So what will it be for Liverpool when Mascherano or Alonso, or possibly both, upsticks this summer?

By the way, those figures for the Johnson transfer, keep on clutching at those straws mate. Eventually you will be able to convince yourselves that Rafa was shrewd enough to get him on a free.
Can't afford to lose both, will be four steps back for us. However if it meant we got some good money for ONE of them we'd definitely look at a big buy (Aguero or Villa - both only interested in playing alongside Torres IF they come to England). But its all ifs and buts.

Johnson's purchase (whether £4million or £18 million) would be irrelevant to the above scenario.

TheReligion

Abusive
Can't afford to lose both, will be four steps back for us. However if it meant we got some good money for ONE of them we'd definitely look at a big buy (Aguero or Villa - both only interested in playing alongside Torres IF they come to England). But its all ifs and buts.

Johnson's purchase (whether £4million or £18 million) would be irrelevant to the above scenario.
Since when?

You do spout some shit

Москва2008

Under investigation...no more points for now
I've not really given a second thought to RAWK or Liverpool this summer. too busy basking in the sunshine (and number 18).

Five steps backward? OK mate whatever - you've won the argument. Congratulations. I quit already.

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God

:lol: What absolute bollocks. Nobody in their right mind would sign for Liverpool over United, with the exception of Torres of course, who probably regrets that decision.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool

Alex

2006 aint 2009 Dumbstar; poor argument you are making

Status
Not open for further replies.