RAWK Goes Into Meltdown (2009/10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Partizan

Cheesy
We survived being bankrupt,we survived German bomb
Not as far as I know.
I'm born in 1970, so around '86 my sample space of United supporters was a bit limited, as I wasn't privy to a lot of the discussions going on in the pubs.

My family, their friends & my own friends never even hinted at any form of conspiracy though -- the general mood was more one of self-deprecating humour & pride in the face of adversity. Not of the 'Our Destiny™ fairy story garbage'-variety, I hasten to add, more of just a 'Sod them, we're United! We'll never die!'-feeling.
Like true self-esteem -- no need to brag, no need to whinge, you just know you're amazing, even if times are tough & you might look like a right loser to the world in general.

I'm sure there were a few bitter conspiracy theory nutters out there, just like we had a bit of a 'Fergie out!'-brigade forming in '89 - I just never met them.

The blessing and the curse of the internet is people with very esoteric interests & a worldview shared by a minority being able to communicate so easily.
A blessing in most cases, but a curse when 'The Great Anti-Liverpool Conspiracy Theory' nutters get together & they feed off eachother, working themselves into a frenzy, strengthening eachother's belief that the FA, the press, and most of the other teams all work together to ensure United's glory.
('But why?' I have to ask myself even typing this. It really is pure madness.)

Fortunately for us, in '86 the isolated cases of crackpots in our support couldn't meet likeminded individuals online -- they probably just had the piss taken out of them by most of their mates, and was made to snap out of their little fantasy world.
No, there were no CTs doing the rounds, just a feeling that if after that start the best we could manage was forth, we were probably never going to win the damn thing. oh how wrong we were.:D

Murphman

Well sure, it was as close as it's been for you in terms of points but it wasn't close when you factor in all the things in your favour like you playing less fixtures and all the red cards and us under-performing, but try telling that to your fans. Speak to them and you'd think we'd won it by one goal. It was the closest you've been for a long time, which I reckon is going to feck some people up this season who were convinced it wasn't just a freakish one-off with everything in your favour. The referee chat was cringeworthy enough last season, but it's going to be something to behold this year.
All I can hear is bladebladebla. I caught you out by quoting you Krafty, be a man and put your hands up.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
All I can hear is bladebladebla. I caught you out by quoting you Krafty, be a man and put your hands up.
I've never denied you weren't close in terms of points. It was the cirsumstances in your favour which often go unnoticed by your success deprived fans.

Ah well, you still couldn't win it even with all that, so it matters not in any case.

Murphman

I've never denied you weren't close in terms of points. It was the cirsumstances in your favour which often go unnoticed by your success deprived fans.

Ah well, you still couldn't win it even with all that, so it matters not in any case.
What, like having two warring skint yanks in charge? Oh aye, great circumstances they are...

It's starting to look like Rafa actually worked a miracle last year getting as close as he did with the squad he has. Scratch beneath the surface of the first 13 and the cupboard is bare, it's the depth of your squad as much as anything else made the difference last year.

In my opinion like.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
What, like having two warring skint yanks in charge? Oh aye, great circumstances they are...

It's starting to look like Rafa actually worked a miracle last year getting as close as he did with the squad he has. Scratch beneath the surface of the first 13 and the cupboard is bare, it's the depth of your squad as much as anything else made the difference last year.

In my opinion like.
Skint yanks that have seen Liverpool become easily the biggest spenders outside the uber-wealth of Chelsea and Man City. Poor you.

If your squad's bare, it's feck all to do with money (of which you've spent an obscene amount), and everything to do with the shite signings your joke of a manager has made, leaving you in a perpetual state of mediocrity and transition.

But yes, keep blaming the yanks, or Parry, or the FA, or the manc conspiracy which stops you winning your deserved treble every year. Anyone but Rafa. You're becoming the stereotype Murph. Break the mould and stop being a sheep. He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy.

dave2528

:lol:

In my opinion like.
Last time I checked the man responsible for the quality of your squad, to include the bench, was none other than savior Benitez.

I don't know what happened to the collective psyche of Liverpool supporter, but you're unending defense of your shite manager and his terrible squad/man management is beyond silly at this point. The insistence to blame everything, and at this point that literally means almost anything, besides your manager for any of your woes is something to behold.

The funny thing is, I wager to guess that almost every United fan is right behind you in your support of Rafa, but only because we know that with him at the helm, your league drought will only continue.

I say we all join hands and pray to the stars and beam our thoughts to Jabba the Benitez that he may long man the rudder at LFC!

K.R.A.P. !

Murphman

Skint yanks that have seen Liverpool become easily the biggest spenders outside the uber-wealth of Chelsea and Man City. Poor you.

If your squad's bare, it's feck all to do with money (of which you've spent an obscene amount), and everything to do with the shite signings your joke of a manager has made, leaving you in a perpetual state of mediocrity and transition.

But yes, keep blaming the yanks, or Parry, or the FA, or the manc conspiracy which stops you winning your deserved treble every year. Anyone but Rafa. You're becoming the stereotype Murph. Break the mould and stop being a sheep. He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy.
Oh dear you've reverted to type. Knew it wouldn't last.

Alex

I can't wait to see when their fans start to turn on Benitez

Murphman

Last time I checked the man responsible for the quality of your squad, to include the bench, was none other than savior Benitez.

I don't know what happened to the collective psyche of Liverpool supporter, but you're unending defense of your shite manager and his terrible squad/man management is beyond silly at this point. The insistence to blame everything, and at this point that literally means almost anything, besides your manager for any of your woes is something to behold.

The funny thing is, I wager to guess that almost every United fan is right behind you in your support of Rafa, but only because we know that with him at the helm, your league drought will only continue.

I say we all join hands and pray to the stars and beam our thoughts to Jabba the Benitez that he may long man the rudder at LFC!

K.R.A.P. !
Right one last go at it.

Ferguson was at the club 7 years during which time he built his squad. He's a brilliant manger (obviously) and has tweaked it with kids coming through, some astute signings and a, more or less massive money signing every year or so. And fair play to the old bastard, much as it hurts mne to say it.

Rafa has had to revamp everything bar Gerrard and Carragher. Ignoring the sub say £4m signings of which we've had to make zillions, some of which have been outstanding successes there's been quite a few flops, that's the way it goes. But.

Give us your list of United signings over say £15m and I'll come back with ours.

You might get the point then about financiial backing. Plus of course everybody goes on about transfer fees when they actually aren't athe be all and end all everybody forgets the wage bill.

Anyway, I know I'm wasting my breath so bollocks to the lot of yers.

EricaNo7

Right one last go at it.

Ferguson was at the club 7 years during which time he built his squad. He's a brilliant manger (obviously) and has tweaked it with kids coming through, some astute signings and a, more or less massive money signing every year or so. And fair play to the old bastard, much as it hurts mne to say it.

Rafa has had to revamp everything bar Gerrard and Carragher. Ignoring the sub say £4m signings of which we've had to make zillions, some of which have been outstanding successes there's been quite a few flops, that's the way it goes. But.

Give us your list of United signings over say £15m and I'll come back with ours.

You might get the point then about financiial backing. Plus of course everybody goes on about transfer fees when they actually aren't athe be all and end all everybody forgets the wage bill.

so basically you're saying that liverpool are really better than united because we've had more money to spend?

thoward

It's not a lisp!
FA and their new 'rules'

Poll
Question: If Manchester United step out of line with the pre-match matchday officials comments or indeed the surrounding the ref by '3 players or more' will the FA.. ..Be true to their word and immediately fine this club 2 (1.3%)
.. Will resist fining the club, but will come out in the press and condemn what went on 3 (1.9%)
..Do nothing 25 (15.9%)
.. Make sure the new rules aren't derailed by jumping all over some 'lesser club' to show they are 'serious' 44 (28%)
.. Consistently ignore and and all breaking of the laws by Manchester United as they've been doing for the past 20 years 83 (52.9%)

Total Members Voted: 157
Obviously I have no faith in the FA (To the extent that their clear bias, lack of morals and their handling of English Football has led me to actively and completely dislike England FC in its entirety).

But as soon as I saw these new 'rules' I thought there was one club that would make a point of deliberately breaking those 'rules'.

I didn't see the game, but I saw a replay of about 5 Manchester United players harrasing and surrounding the referee to the extent that he had to shove two of them out of the way.

Be in no doubt whatsoever that this wasn't an 'accident' - Alex Ferguson will have told his players to, at the earliest opportunity, get in the Referees face and surround him - this, if not pulled up on, sets a precedece.

If the FA doesn't act now (And I have no doubt whatsoever that they won't) then that once again - like last season - makes them immune to action by the FA.

It's about time the FA did the job that apparantly they are paid for.
Andy @ Allerton is perhaps my favouritist poster of all time, though this is mediocre by his standards, it still hits the right spots.
Mr. Ferguson's post match comments seem to fly in the face of the new rules too. Perhaps by setting the standards on a non-competitive irrelevant match, he aims to make sure there is no punishment doled out by the FA.

It always makes me laugh when the FA accuse a player or manager of 'bringing the game into disrepute' . They seem to manage it on a weekly basis. (and to an extent UEFA, FIFA aren't quite as bad)
That's fine mate - you've pulled out a few decisions that went Liverpool's way.

But since you've pointed that out - you should probably mention the decisions that didn't go Liverpool's way - like the Stoke Goal, the game at Newcastle (Several shocking decisions), the game at Manc City (Several shocking decisions) and a raft of others.

And.. Since you did point those out, I should probably mention;

* Manchester United struggling at home to West Brom - ridiculous free kick awarded to Manchester United - go on to win
* Manchester United stuggling away to West Brom - captain sent off for literally nothing - Manchester United - Go on to win
* Manchester United struggling at home to Bolton - ridiculous penalty awarded - Manchester United go on to win
* Manchester United struggling away at Wigan - cast iron penalty to Wigan turned down
* Manchester United at home to Everton - cast iron penalty to Everton turned down
* Manchester United away to Stoke struggling. Rooney elbows a player in front of the Ref - nothing given - Ronaldo kicks a player off the ball (one of 5 he wasn't pulled up for) nothing given - then a Stoke player gets sent off for fouling Ronaldo (Who shouldn't have been on the pitch) - Manchester United go on to win
* Manchester United struggling at home to Spurs - Referee awards a ridiculous penalty then allows a goal despite an obvious foul - Manchester United go on to win
* Manchester United struggling away to Blackburn Rovers - ball comes in - Vidic clearly elbows the keeper in the head and knocks him to the floor - referee ignores this and gives the goal - Manchester United go on to win
* Manchester United struggling at home to Aston Villa - referee awards a staggering 5 minutes of stoppage time - Manchester United go on to win
* Manchester United playing Southampton in the Cup - far, far, far too many ridiculous decisions to mention - offsides, dodgy penalties etc. etc. Manchester United go on to win
* Manchester united at home to Newcastle - Rio Ferdinand drags the man down as last man back (He repeated this several times in the season and strangely wasn't sent off - Vidic also does this with gay abandon and was only pulled up the once for it - against Liverpool) - nothing given - Manchester United draw
* Manchester United player Cristiano Ronaldo committed literally hundreds of dives through the season and was barely pulled up over it
* Manchester United player Cristiano Ronaldo kicked out at players off the ball five times and was not sent off
* Manchester United player Wayne Rooney kicked out/elbowed players five times and wasn't sent off
* Manchester United player Wayne Rooney (Despite the 'respect campaign') regularly swears incessantly at referees in every single game and yet never gets pulled up over it
* Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson has spent many match conferences having a go at the FA and referees, insisting that they are biased(!) against his club(!)
* Manchester United fans are idiots

These are all facts.

And anyone else that wants to add any more - then feel free.

Either for or against Liverpool or Manchester United.

I'm sure that Liverpool got the rub of the green here and there - evened out pretty much by not getting it on occasion.

I'd be interested to see if anyone could match decisions going against Manchester United against that lot

Crustanoid

I used to not understand what they meant when they said the teams against them, then one of them explained it to me. In the grand pot of conspiracies, there are teams which are run by Ex-united players, have former united players playing, or intentional obtained United players on loan so that when United are playing such teams, the said players will aid us.
If the coach was a former United player, he will not select his best players, if the player is a former United player, he will score an own goal or give away a penalty or a poor back pass.
They really do see these things because they want to believe whatever they are saying.
Our mind can sometimes play tricks on us if we don't control it.;)

Jesus Christ that is messed up....but also actually true. There's United agents everywhere

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
Right one last go at it.

Since Rafa took over, Fergie's had to revamp everything at United as well. Compared to 2004, our squad is virtually unrecognisable. A few oldies, only a couple of whom who are of any real use anymore, and a couple of other signed players are the only remaining faces.

We've spent less in that time, and won far far more. And don't give me this better starting point bollocks. We were third in '04, you were fourth, we were both miles off the pace. And let's not forget it was Houllier's squad who won you your only enviable achievement of the last 20 years, so it can't have been that bad.

It's Rafa's choice who he signs. If he didn't make so many mistakes he'd be in a position to spend more on specific players but because he continues to make abysmal signings like Keane and Dosenna, you're left in a perpetual state of transition, needing to fill these gaps in your squad with cheap signings, because you've wasted so much money.

What like paying Glen Johnson £139,000 a week making him the highest paid full-back in Europe? :lol:

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Right one last go at it.

Now that is true.

dave2528

Since Rafa took over, Fergie's had to revamp everything at United as well. Compared to 2004, our squad is virtually unrecognisable. A few oldies, only a couple of whom who are of any real use anymore, and a couple of other signed players are the only remaining faces.

We've spent less in that time, and won far far more. And don't give me this better starting point bollocks. We were third in '04, you were fourth, we were both miles off the pace. And let's not forget it was Houllier's squad who won you your only enviable achievement of the last 20 years, so it can't have been that bad.

It's Rafa's choice who he signs. If he didn't make so many mistakes he'd be in a position to spend more on specific players but because he continues to make abysmal signings like Keane and Dosenna, you're left in a perpetual state of transition, needing to fill these gaps in your squad with cheap signings, because you've wasted so much money.

What like paying Glen Johnson £139,000 a week making him the highest paid full-back in Europe? :lol:
this.

Devil_forever

Aren't Torres and Gerrard on less than that? That can't be true.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict

Devil_forever

Apparently so.

REVEALED: Liverpool handed Glen Johnson £139,000-a-week deal to beat off competition from Chelsea | Mail Online

And with alot of Liverpool's biggest earners getting improved deals this summer, and with us cutting two of our biggest earners from the wage-bill (Ronaldo and Tevez), I wouldn't be surprised if they've overtaken us on that front too.
No proof whatsoever and Johnson didn't even want to move to Chelsea after his nightmare time there before. If Ashley Cole has just been given 120 k a week, chelsea would have offered johnson about 100k at the very maximum. There would be no need for Liverpool to pay 40% more:houllier: Sorry but using at article like that to back up any argument is RAWK-worthy.

Crerand Legend

In my opinion like.
Liverpol had a resonable season last term in spite of having Rafa in charge and without him they just might have won it.He is more to blame for the current mess than the yanks,the mans not wise.Long may he continue as Liverpool boss

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
That's surely bullshit.

Even Rafa, with his reputation of spending like a drunken sailor would not pay Johnson those wages on top of the fee.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
No proof whatsoever and Johnson didn't even want to move to Chelsea after his nightmare time there before. If Ashley Cole has just been given 120 k a week, chelsea would have offered johnson about 100k at the very maximum. There would be no need for Liverpool to pay 40% more:houllier: Sorry but using at article like that to back up any argument is RAWK-worthy.
:lol:

Yea, it's all a manc conspiracy.

I don't know if the article is true which is why I said 'apparently', but it wouldn't surprise me given what they spent on him in the first place.

This is not a poor club. Don't let them pull the wool over your eyes.

Danny_

The Albert Einstein of Economics
A 20 page thread about us losing...and you lot say that you're not obsessed. Hilarious!

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
A 20 page thread about us losing...and you lot say that you're not obsessed. Hilarious!
It's actually got nowt to do with you losing and was started a month before the villa game was even played. Weirdo

Logan!

Just had a look on RAWK and Andy's name has been changed to "Angry @ Allerton" :lol:

Murphman

murphman, what are your thoughts about the big " conspiracy " which everyone on RAWK seems to believe?
I have no idea what you're on about, honestly, I very rarely go on rawk. I presume it's something Andy has said, well all I can say is he's a right laugh in the boozer, great company and does a better 'that's life' than Frank ever did.

_Edit- That's Frank Spencer by the way.

Logan!

RAWK said:
Referees. Again.

It´s been clear for a few years now that Wayne Rooney can get away with whatever the feck he likes.

This is my theory as to why. Remember 3-4 seasons ago when Rooney kept getting sent off and having loads of discipline problems? He was often suspended and always distracted during the games, Ferguson had to sub him off many times so that he didn´t get red carded. The FA, seeing that he´s thick as feck and wouldn´t change his ways, basically ordered the refs to turn a blind eye, and soak up all the abuse, so that their precious golden boy would be more marketable, and would stay in form for England.

Rooney now, has the same temper, the same shocking tackles, abuses the refs and linesman just as bad (if not worse) than back then, but yet he never gets sent off anymore, gets yellows for horror tackles, and rarely gets booked for abusing officials.

Paul Scholes, as we saw today is another player who gets away with horror tackles all the time, even more so as he´s now slow and shitty. It´s quite dangerous really as he loves to slide in boots up.

Those are the two glaring examples where I am sure the FA have instructed officials to have leniency. Apart from that I think the majority is down to the fact that the officials feel very intimidated by Ferguson, and crumble under that pressure.
:lol::lol::lol:

Crerand Legend

Just had a look on RAWK and Andy's name has been changed to "Angry @ Allerton" :lol:
The mention of him on here just makes his day,we have made the tosser a cult hero on RAWK by constant references on the caf,please why cant we ignore this insignificant prick

Murphman

Liverpol had a resonable season last term in spite of having Rafa in charge and without him they just might have won it.He is more to blame for the current mess than the yanks,the mans not wise.Long may he continue as Liverpool boss

How the hell does that logic apply then, and what 'current mess', it's August for feck's sake, we've played three games?

Status
Not open for further replies.