RAWK Goes Into Meltdown (2009/10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_Jamie

To be honest Liverpool never divulge fees. But to be that far out and claiming Hargreaves cost £10m to £15m less than Torres is very unSpoonlike.

Torres was a bit of a bargain I'd say.........
A bargain yes but anyone with half a brain cell would have bought him in those circumstances. Everyone knew at the time he liked Liverpool and wanted to play for them.

It's not like Rafa deserves any credit for pulling out an amazing transfer that nobody else would have thought of..

prateik

How much did he cost?

Whenever we talk about the deal for Torres with Atlético Madrid we always include Luis GarcÍa in the price. The total cost of the operation is around £20 million.

liverpoolfc.tv: GUILLEM BALAGUE MEETS RAFA BENITEZ

from their official site

The striker, understood to have cost a club-record fee of £26.5m,
Football: Liverpool wrap up record Torres transfer | Football | guardian.co.uk

torres cost ~25m.. maybe a bit more

Waltraute

She-Devil
Murphman -- I see your little green light ;), so while you're here I'd love to hear your take on the whole anti-Liverpool conspiracy theory.

Why on earth would the FA, the referees, the press and many of the teams in the league work together to make sure United win the title?
That's the one question that needs an answer - WHY?

Because we pay them massive amounts to be on our side?
Because Liverpools reign during the 70s & 80s pissed off so many people they've now all decided they'll help United, come what may? ;)

I know you're not one of the CTs, I'd just honestly like to hear your take on it as one of our resident scousers.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
How much did he cost?

Whenever we talk about the deal for Torres with Atlético Madrid we always include Luis GarcÍa in the price. The total cost of the operation is around £20 million.

from their official site

Aye 26.5 is the general consensus, though most consider it 21m when you take into account Garcia going to Atletico for 4mil. So I suppose in reality it was 21mil plus Luis Garcia. Either way it was a good price, though if he doesn't win anything in his time at Liverpool then I won't be too bothered by it!

Dave89

I think (could be wrong) their theory is that our huge international fan base means that foreign tv rights are more lucrative if we are the successful team, as "those glory hunters" won't be interested if we lose.

Murphman

Murphman -- I see your little green light ;), so while you're here I'd love to hear your take on the whole anti-Liverpool conspiracy theory.

Why on earth would the FA, the referees, the press and many of the teams in the league work together to make sure United win the title?
That's the one question that needs an answer - WHY?

Because we pay them massive amounts to be on our side?
Because Liverpools reign during the 70s & 80s pissed off so many people they've now all decided they'll help United, come what may? ;)

I know you're not one of the CTs, I'd just honestly like to hear your take on it as one of our resident scousers.
Conspiracy theories are ridiculous. The furthest I'd go is express an opinion that Alex Ferguson has nurtured a culture of ensuring United put pressure on referees to sometimes gain the benefit of any doubt, he invented the surrounding of referees and standing with his watch held high.

Mourinho did the same. The rest is paranoid bollocks.

Murphman

How much did he cost?

from their official site

So who do you believe the offish or a newspaper? Garcia was signed for £6m, his sell on would have been much less than that sum, it's not 'generally accepted' at £26m at all.

Murphman

Isn't it funny how every Liverpool fan on here claims to not go on RAWK. A bit too convenient isn't it? I mean if ever there was a forum custom-built to suit a poster, it would be Murph and RAWK.

Do you ever tire of talking shit?

Showing off like a child again, behave yourself.

prateik

So who do you believe the offish or a newspaper? Garcia was signed for £6m, his sell on would have been much less than that sum, it's not 'generally accepted' at £26m at all.
why would the sell on be much less
around 20 could easily be a million or two more (or less) than 20
around 20m + money from garcia is definitely > 20m
==> torres didnt cost 20m

from what i remember from that time , garcia went for around 4.5 and torres cost around 26m

Murphman

why would the sell on be much less
around 20 could easily be a million or two more (or less) than 20
around 20m + money from garcia is definitely > 20m
==> torres didnt cost 20m

from what i remember from that time , garcia went for around 4.5 and torres cost around 26m
Garcia is now on a free actually, he was just that bit older and wasn't worth what we paid for him. As far as anybody knows Torres was about £20m, he was only a couple of mill dearer than Hargreaves.

Chorley1974

Lady Ole
Garcia is now on a free actually, he was just that bit older and wasn't worth what we paid for him. As far as anybody knows Torres was about £20m, he was only a couple of mill dearer than Hargreaves.
To be fair I think you deserve some sort of endurance award in this thread. Glad you have maintained humour. Despite being spasticated in your opinions.

Champions4ever

Murphman, I must say that even though I don't obviously share your views on Liverpool, kudos to you for sticking around and putting up your case.

A lot of the old liverpool posters like Davo, DJS disappeared when they ran out of "next year is our year" excuses so good to have you around to give us the Liverpool perspective (albeit a delusional one :))

jveezy

Fo' shizzle
Fine. 20m. You wouldn't mind lending me a couple mill would you? Considering it's roughly zero give or take. Maybe Rafa counts all the useless 4 million or less purchases Rafa made as zero and then tallies them up and thinks he's wasted no money at all. Oh you know I'm just messing with you.

Torres's price was 25% more than Hargreaves. I'd say that's pretty damn significant. If I have my facts straight, the difference in price is more than what we paid for Van Der Sar.

And yes. Endurance award for Murphman. It's nice to get a decent and not ridiculous opposing view so we don't run amok.

Edit: I'm an idiot. That's 3 million so only 18.75%.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
I notice Arsenal are now firmly in the conspiracy camp, because they got an easy draw. Laughable, and pathetic.
David Dein's clearly been working his magic again, even from his lounge chair.

Moriarty

Conspiracy theories are ridiculous. The furthest I'd go is express an opinion that Alex Ferguson has nurtured a culture of ensuring United put pressure on referees to sometimes gain the benefit of any doubt, he invented the surrounding of referees and standing with his watch held high.

Don't be daft Murph. Don Revie's Leeds players regularly ganged up on the referee when he gave a decision they didn't like. Dunno if Revie waved his watch around though.

Murphman

Don't be daft Murph. Don Revie's Leeds players regularly ganged up on the referee when he gave a decision they didn't like. Dunno if Revie waved his watch around though.
They did, feckin ballbags all of them but despite that a mighty side. But there was lots of stuff went on in the 70's (like maiming people and getting away with it) died a natural death as the authorities toughened up.

You lot reinvented it in the late eighties and took it on to the higher plain, I actually think it backfired after a while but getting a result at OT isn't easy.

Having said that, to varying degrees that's true of the top four according to fans across the board.

Flying Fox

F*ck off Wenger!

Show me an example where Steven Gerrard has 'dived' in the penalty box, and lets be very careful here, I mean where he has feigned been touched, trippped, pushed in the box and then gone down, won a pen and then winked or smiled at the camera/opposition fans.
Oh dear.

Dave89

Fair play though, a mod replied with the dive vs Andorra.

Great Hat

They did, feckin ballbags all of them but despite that a mighty side. But there was lots of stuff went on in the 70's (like maiming people and getting away with it) died a natural death as the authorities toughened up.

You lot reinvented it in the late eighties and took it on to the higher plain, I actually think it backfired after a while but getting a result at OT isn't easy.

Having said that, to varying degrees that's true of the top four according to fans across the board.
Yes, because we've had players who 'maim' the opposition. Your side had Souness, and then later Neil Ruddock, Julian Dicks, and now the cynical but slightly less violent Carragher. I can think of very few, if any players we've had Murph who were 'maiming people' like your lot were. You won your titles in the eighties by defending solidly, counter attacking, and your defence kicking the shit out of the opposition's star players, and more.

You had a good side, don't get me wrong, and one or two class players in your club's prime, like Hansen, Keegan, Dalgleish, but you can't possibly suggest that your side didn't have a vicious as anything defenders over that period, and still up to the present day.

I agree with the others that it's interesting to have a scouse perspective in here Murph, and you're usually reasonable enough, but that post was just utter bollocks, and if you really believe that then, well, perhaps I overestimated you.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict

Murph, don't you think it's funny that it's always the successful sides that have the finger pointed at them about referees? You've mentioned us, and Mourinho - let's not forget Arsenal either who were vilified for cheating and getting away with it during their successful years. Liverpool in the 80's weren't exactly free from the muck-slinging either. Time may have clouded your memory on that. You correctly admit that the conspiracies are paranoid bullshit though. Is that also an admission that Rafa is paranoid, seeing as it's his delusional rants which largely fuel the fire inside the more feeble-minded members of your support? And out of interest, who would you say benefited from referees more last season if you had to pick out one - United or Liverpool?

Whether it's £20m or what is quite irrelevant, because you're using Torres (one of Benitez's rare quality signings) to score a point against Hargreaves (£17m), who lest you forget, played an important role in our double winning season.

Hargreaves' injury record is no worse than Agger's really who you spent £6m on, whilst we got Vidic for a similar fee.

Or how about Dosenna (£7m) vs. Evra (£5.5m)?

Ronaldo (£12m) vs. Babel (£11m)?

Rooney (£27m) vs. Keane (£20.3m)?

And that's not even mentioning all our youth products.

Fletcher (£0m) vs. Lucas (£7m) anyone?

This is probably a game you don't want to start playing Murph.

thoward

It's not a lisp!
I remember the likes of George Graham saying how Liverpool in the 80s used to like to surround the ref, e.g. after Smith scored in the famous game in May 1989. And even in more m odern times they are just as inclined to put pressure on the ref as any of the other teams.

thoward

It's not a lisp!
He is actually perfect. Can you name one thing he's lacking in?

On the pitch:
Quality finishing with both feet
Quality finishing with head
Strength
Pace
Positioning
Awareness
Can run at defenders

Off the pitch:
Says all the right things
Clearly motivated by the right things
Seems like someone you'd genuinely would want to be mates with
Actually seems to love the club and fans
Doesn't get into trouble and clearly a family man

I just love him to pieces. The best all round footballer/person we've had in this league since I don't remember.

Fernando Torres

Alwyn

Got rid of his pee
Conspiracy at ot

Blatant corruption, Agent Diaby commited friendly fire.

More news to come.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
Utter bollocks. Dive.

Never a penalty

HE'S HALFWAY TO THE feckING FLOOR BEFORE ALMUNIA EVEN LOOKS AT HIM FFS

Diving c*nt.

Oh dear, what a fecking gift from the ref.

Wish his knees would dig into the ground when he celebrates.

oh my fecking christ Diaby you absolute twat.

and mike dean is fecking awful

Rooney shouldn't even be playing.

Man Utd fans are now going to boo Eduardo the "cheat" for diving.

Unreal. Just unreal.

Eduardo being booed for diving to win a penalty after Rooney dived to win a penalty.
tbf there was some poster who thought it was a pen.

MUFC07

Did Liverpool get any gifts from the ref today? Not doubious, but clear, like the starfish. I ask cause I didn't see the game.

Logan!

Did Liverpool get any gifts from the ref today? Not doubious, but clear, like the starfish. I ask cause I didn't see the game.
You mean like a player being very harshly sent off when they're losing, allowing them to come back and win? No, that never happens for Liverpool :wenger:

green demon

Caf Nostradamous 2008
Near to nowhere, in the suburbs of Amnesia.
I listened to most of it but you can't form a real opinion from the radio. However, I was not surprised to hear (Edit - not Wigan) Bolton went down to 10 men when Liverpool were still behind. They then scored within a couple of minutes to equalise. I don't know if the sending-off was justified but all I can say is I was not surprised to hear it.

Status
Not open for further replies.