RAWK Goes Into Meltdown (2009/10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logan!

I listened to most of it but you can't form a real opinion from the radio. However, I was not surprised to hear Wigan went down to 10 men when Liverpool were still behind. They then scored within a couple of minutes to equalise. I don't know if the sending-off was justified but all I can say is I was not surprised to hear it.
:smirk:

Smith's Cove

Conspiracy theories are ridiculous. The furthest I'd go is express an opinion that Alex Ferguson has nurtured a culture of ensuring United put pressure on referees to sometimes gain the benefit of any doubt, he invented the surrounding of referees and standing with his watch held high.

Mourinho did the same. The rest is paranoid bollocks.
Kind of like Steven Gerrard does? This morning I watched him ref your match at Bolton. I lost count of the number of times he approached the referee to contest decisions given against you. Even when you had been given the decsion he was in the refs ear bitching about something.

Twisted_Woody

Scout
A nazi collaborator......jaysus that's a bit much isn't it...it's just a game these people need to get a grip.

prateik

the reaction the 5 added minuted in the match thread was just as funny tbh

Murphman

Kind of like Steven Gerrard does? This morning I watched him ref your match at Bolton. I lost count of the number of times he approached the referee to contest decisions given against you. Even when you had been given the decsion he was in the refs ear bitching about something.
He's the captain, he has the right to speak with the ref, I'm talking about your lot surrounding the ref's,eyes bulging pushing and shoving, which was a regular and orchestrated performance in the early 90's

green demon

Caf Nostradamous 2008
Near to nowhere, in the suburbs of Amnesia.
This is not actually from RAWK but from a similar site. Apparently they have a list of Football Cheats and this one is about Rooney vs Blackburn in 2008:

Liverpool-Kop: FOOTBALL CHEATS: No 5 - Wayne Rooney (Blackburn v Manchester United, 2008)

Needless to say that Gerrard is nowhere in their lists....
I like the way that they keep saying in that about him diving yesterday. Thay aren't for real.

I have now seen the incidents that led to the Bolton sending-off yesterday - now that's a joke. Maybe the first was right as he, apparently, kicked the ball away but the second was a pure accident as Lucas stopped suddenly to ensure he was tickled from behind so he could go down. A free kick, yes but a booking; absolutely no way. Also Lucas was refereeing the whole game in a Gerrard/Mascherano way all game. They are a horrible mass of slime really.

Waltraute

She-Devil
Conspiracy theories are ridiculous. The furthest I'd go is express an opinion that Alex Ferguson has nurtured a culture of ensuring United put pressure on referees to sometimes gain the benefit of any doubt, he invented the surrounding of referees and standing with his watch held high.

Mourinho did the same. The rest is paranoid bollocks.
Cheers for answering, and sorry I'm so incredibly slow - I didn't see this until now.

Good to know you find the conspiracy theories as stupid as the rest of us. For what it's worth, my Liverpool supporting mates find the tinhats over at RAWK a complete embarrassment too.

Regarding the part I've bolded, we really should be proud you're giving Sir Alex so much credit as a Machiavellian mover & shaker, but I honestly think 'surrounding the ref' has been a natural part of football since the game began.
It's probably increased, as concepts like 'sportsmanship' & ' respect for authority' have decreased in importance, but it's certainly not Sir Alex's invention in any way.

Like you write "the captain [...] has the right to speak with the ref". Some of our captains, eg Keane, doing so very forcefully & looking a bit mental is more down to their general personality than any master plan by Sir Alex, I think.

Great Hat

He's the captain, he has the right to speak with the ref
There's a difference between 'speaking with the ref' and trying to dictate the decisions completely. I remember him trying to point to someone giving him a bit of a tug in a game against Sheff Utd a few years back; never a penalty, but the fact he kept pointing to the guy won him it. It's things like that. Gerrard harangues the ref like nobody's business, and it's success is shown by the fact he gets decisions even when he trips himself up by cleverly trailing a leg behind himself.

He does try and ref the game, and almost gives himself free kick decisions sometimes. If you could remove your bias for a minute, you might see that, Murph.

Smith's Cove

He's the captain, he has the right to speak with the ref, I'm talking about your lot surrounding the ref's,eyes bulging pushing and shoving, which was a regular and orchestrated performance in the early 90's
Yes he's the captain and he has the right to speak to the ref, but he questions virtually every free kick given against you with that stupid pained look on his face. Plus even when you get the free kicks he seems to get involved in conversations with the ref where he is asking for cards. He is a fecking snidey twat. Ask Tony Hibbert what he thinks of the cnut.

As for the United players "surrounding refs, eyes buging, pushing and shoving" that incident with Andy D'urso against Middlesborough happened about a decade ago and its still being used as a stick to beat us by simpletons who are too stupid to realise that we haven't had anything like a repeat performance since. In particular fans of teams like Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea, teams that have had major disciplinary incidents on the pitch since that incident.

Dave89

There's a mental conspiracy-theorist in the poker thread over there too. Not just the FA against them!

Great Hat

Got a quiet evening in tonight, and a bad cold, so I figured a giggle and an update from RAWK might be some fun :( :D

RAWK was quite funny this weekend. Few of them were interested in their own CC draw, the first question was 'Who did United get'. I found that to be quite amusing and telling really.

I also came across a post yesterday where someone had lamented Andy@Allerton (sorry to namecheck him, and thus give him some debatable e-cred) stopping discussing United games as they 'would miss his reasonable insight'. I guess that's what the barometer of 'reasonable' is on RAWK then? :lol:

A few thoughts from the delightful folk at Red and White Kop on our game yesterday:

Rawk Muppet said:
Makes me sick watching those c*nts, I honestly don't know why I bother.
Impartial Observer said:
Nice song at the end there from the vermin. Classless twats.
Yes, because you don't fling piss and shit at our fans, hurl bricks at us outside the ground, and sing disgusting songs about Munich, and fly a toy aeroplane round in the away section at OT. Hypocritical fecks. :rolleyes:

Another RAWKITE said:
I'm sure that the Mancs have the cnuting refs in their pockets...
Yes, because they didn't get another very cheap sending off for a standard foul and an innocuous challenge (deserving of one yellow overall) which helped them gain momentum so their one decent attacking presence in midfield could score.

Unbelievable.

What a feckin gift of a result.

Mike Dean's a feckin plank.
Some of them don't understand what constitutes a penalty do they? 'Kinell.

I will admit though, that most of them in there begrudgingly admitted it was a penalty, and reacted reasonably to the Van Persie offside, and there was generally less Anti-Rooney venom than usual. Probably a slightly less hostile atmosphere there because they'd already got their win yesterday (and with the Sean Davis sending off, how could they complain about decisions at OT, really). Still a few proper feckwits in their weekend matches thread though, as you might expect.

*Awaits volley of abuse from Murph* :)

thoward

It's not a lisp!
Referees. Again.

I sent an email to several American newspapers the other day with regard to United getting away with things, unfair FA rulings, penalties and such like, citing Rafa's list of complaints from last year.

Got a reply from the editor at the NY Times who says that the 'rub of the green' they get is very similar to what happened with the NY Yankees. He said he wasn't aware of the circumstances surrounding my letter but will look into it.

I hope he does. American journo's will have much more luck into covering this from an impartial angle.
Graham Poll was on Australian football show called fox sports fc tonight.

They talked about Old Trafford and he admitted in his first game there he denied a clear penalty and realised straight after he cocked up, simply because of the pressure of Old Trafford.

MUFCgal

I don't understand this logic of theirs... Poll didn't say that he was pressured by the managers or the players, but by OT itself (possibly the crowd/atmosphere?)

Watch out lads - the matchgoers among us are part of the conspiracy it seems.
So, the crowd gets constantly slated for it's atmosphere and being quiet but it's being suggested that it's actually the crowd/atmosphere that's intimidating :houllier:

olesmyhero

Emmy Moses
I sent an email to several American newspapers the other day with regard to United getting away with things, unfair FA rulings, penalties and such like, citing Rafa's list of complaints from last year.

Got a reply from the editor at the NY Times who says that the 'rub of the green' they get is very similar to what happened with the NY Yankees. He said he wasn't aware of the circumstances surrounding my letter but will look into it.

I hope he does. American journo's will have much more luck into covering this from an impartial angle.
What the feck is the point of emailing the NY Times?

Plan M

We love taking the piss out of RAWK
It's much better than eating cold pork
Everytime we look on there
Andy@Allerton is having a 'mare
But they keep up hope and show no fear
Because everybody thinks it's happening next year.

(copyright Plan M 2009.)

Great Hat

but you wouldn't think the risk of breaking into a house with internet access would be worth it :smirk:
It might be via mobile. You never know what you'll find when you hotwire a car. ;)

Ridiculous stuff anyway this. Hopefully the American journalist they wrote to will realise it's a bunch of ridiculous conspiracy theory garbage, but with the poor understanding of 'soccer' most of them seem to have, I'm not so confident. Good to see they've got something to wallow in self-pity about anyway, even when there's no football actually being played. :rolleyes:

Plan M said:
"We love taking the piss out of RAWK
It's much better than eating cold pork
Everytime we look on there
Andy@Allerton is having a 'mare
But they keep up hope and show no fear
Because everybody thinks it's happening next year."
:lol::lol:

Cracking, mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.