RAWK Goes Into Meltdown (2012/2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
Why couldn't he win the league at City? You really don't need to be a genius to win the league with unlimited amount of money. I mean, come on, Mancini won the league with City.
I would have thought the fact SAF won the EPL 13 times without a sugar daddy and the fact Chelsea/City havent dominated the league since 2004 would tell you the opposite. You do need a top manager to win the league with or without the cash

Money is part of success, the rest is building a team with the right world class players and finding a great manager.

Siorac

I would have thought the fact SAF won the EPL 13 times without a sugar daddy and the fact Chelsea/City havent dominated the league since 2004 would tell you the opposite. You do need a top manager to win the league with or without the cash

Money is part of success, the rest is building a team with the right world class players and finding a great manager.
"Dominated" the league doesn't equal winning it once.

Benitez won the Spanish league twice with Valencia and came close to winning the Premier League with Liverpool. The notion that he would be unable to win the league at City is stupid. I'm not saying he definitely would but he's good enough to do so.

Sam

I like the fact that they seem to be very happy that we've appointed Moyes, seemingly thinking it means the end of United, and the rise of Liverpool.

Yet this is a manager who, with less money, has lead Everton to finish ahead of Liverpool for the past two seasons. :lol:

ItsEssexRob

Supports
Chelsea
I like the fact that they seem to be very happy that we've appointed Moyes, seemingly thinking it means the end of United, and the rise of Liverpool.

Yet this is a manager who, with less money, has lead Everton to finish ahead of Liverpool for the past two seasons. :lol:
True but that's more down to Liverpools decline than Evertons brilliance.

They must be a bit pissed off though that their wish of a fergie-less United has finally come true and they're stuck faffing about in mid table with an average squad. To quote themselves, There is feck all they can do about it.

Shark

@NotShark

I know, right? How simple minded could you be to actually believe that SAF's retirement equals them automatically dominating again. :lol:

Fergie has always gotten the best out of our players alright, but come on, we have far stronger squad than Liverpool. It's not even funny.

ItsEssexRob

Supports
Chelsea
I know, right? How simple minded could you be to actually believe that SAF's retirement equals them automatically dominating again. :lol:

Fergie has always gotten the best out of our players alright, but come on, we have far stronger squad than Liverpool. It's not even funny.
Its always about them with them they cant see past themselves.

It opens the door more for us and City, but not them, they will still be fighting it out around top six.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Its always about them with them they cant see past themselves.

It opens the door more for us and City, but not them, they will still be fighting it out around top six.
It's weird. They have to overtake six teams to win the league, yet Sir Alex retiring is enough :wenger:

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
It's weird. They have to overtake six teams to win the league, yet Sir Alex retiring is enough :wenger:
Yeah but you forget, SAF was controlling all the refs and FA to make sure that they finished no higher than 6th.

Now that SAF is gone we will see their true potential.

Maagge

Yeah but you forget, SAF was controlling all the refs and FA to make sure that they finished no higher than 6th.

Now that SAF is gone we will see their true potential.
Ah that's right. He could still do that though, couldn't he? Now it's just Moyes managing us instead of him.

kiristao

Ah that's right. He could still do that though, couldn't he? Now it's just Moyes managing us instead of him.
In fact, he could do it even more now because he has Moyes to handle the football side of things while he has more than enough time to try and relegate Liverpool.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
In fact, he could do it even more now because he has Moyes to handle the football side of things while he has more than enough time to try and relegate Liverpool.
:eek:

Shut up! No one's supposed to know the "let Moyes deal with the easy football shite while I focus entirely on fecking Liverpool up their arses" plan.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
The Spacegoat King is back...

Andy @ Allerton said:
David Moyes? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA SIX YEARS!! SIX!!!!! YEARS!!!!!!!!!!! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
They are using SAF's blatant tongue in cheek comment about telling the official last week not put 8 mins of Fergie time as proof of a corrupt league.

MUFCgal

They won't be winning any Premier League or Champions League titles under Moyes. At least that much is certain.
:rolleyes:

Indeed. As other's have noted, they didn't even sing a song for him in the last match!
This is a response to somebody on there who says that we only sing songs about Liverpool - this complete moron saying that we didn't sing songs for SAF in the last home match :wenger:

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
They are using SAF's blatant tongue in cheek comment about telling the official last week not put 8 mins of Fergie time as proof of a corrupt league.
It was a good joke (at the conspiracy theorists' expense) and exaggerated enough for it to be obvious as such.

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
Worth a quote? Talking about Allen and Henderson.

Quote from sensible Rawkite:
Henderson is a better offensive threat and athlete in a midfield devoid of athleticism at times. I just think both are good enough to be squad players and maybe get better and be in the first team. However if you are challenging then these sort of players are your 2nd choice midfielders.

Response from normal Rawkite:
Are you kidding? Henderson is probably the best young English midfielder right now. I'm not saying he's elite or world class but he's certainly the best English born for his age.

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
From the Stewart Downing thread:

'I get the feeling that he's the kind of player who might not look out of place in a Barcelona team, and yet in a much poorer team, like we've been since he arrived, he's not able to stand out.'
This is still my favorite though, from back in December.

Maagge

Henderson is a better offensive threat and athlete in a midfield devoid of athleticism at times. I just think both are good enough to be squad players and maybe get better and be in the first team. However if you are challenging then these sort of players are your 2nd choice midfielders.

Are you kidding? Henderson is probably the best young English midfielder right now. I'm not saying he's elite or world class but he's certainly the best English born for his age.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes

Maybe he's saying that there's no footballer more talented than Henderson, who was born English and only on the same day. Could be right.

Revan

Assumptionman
Better than second, but not first?

Do they have a thread about The Caf? :lol:
Don't be stupid. The difference would be lower that this year. I doubt that if Rafa was at City we would have win the league by a hundred points, ten games from the end of the season. Then is the Europe thing

Why couldn't he win the league at City? You really don't need to be a genius to win the league with unlimited amount of money. I mean, come on, Mancini won the league with City.
Our team is much much better than in 2011-2012. Chelsea will be very strong next season with Maureen. I was also thinking with these players. If he has 200m to spend on transfers then of course that he would win the league. But with the players they have, they could push us for the title but not win it regardless of the manager.

Anduin

Looking forward to our title win 2014 then, usually the complete opposite is happening, whatever that tool is claiming or writing :lol:

Ahhh, the first few successes/trophies under Moyes will be even sweeter than usual, all those years they were praying for 'Slur Mr. Ferguson' to retire, and then the former Everton manager leads us to success anyway, with them finishing outside the top 5 yet again. Tempted to put money on it :smirk:

Anduin

Maybe in the FA cup its true, where you can draw home games vs lower sides until the finals, but in the CL you play both a home and away tie against the side, and generally any team after the group stages is going to give you a tough game, you can rarely fluke your way through with 'easy' draws.
Well, it's not really true, as proven in 2010-11 when we reached the final. We weren't really THAT good IMO, had Marseille (went through by winning 2-1 at home), Chelsea (you hardly gave us a game, we completely dominated and won both games, but you were well off the pace to be fair) and Schalke (probably the most one-sided semifinal ever up to Bayern vs. Barca this year) on our way to the final... not exactly a fluke, because we deserved to go through, but it was by no means a 'tough' way.
Much depends on the draw, we got unlucky this year for example, but hey shit happens.

Dominos

Chelsea (you hardly gave us a game, we completely dominated and won both games, but you were well off the pace to be fair)
This has become a major myth on here. Both games were fairly even, they had us pinned back the entire 2nd half at Stamford Bridge and we got away with a late penalty for an Evra foul which would have left it at 1-1 for the 2nd leg.

We started the 2nd leg poor, Chelsea had all the play, we recovered and got in front, they had a man sent off and they still managed to equalise, thankfully we responded with a goal to see it out in the end else it would have been a nervy finish.

The only 1 sided game we had against Chelsea that season was in the league at Old Trafford that all but secured the title, we were genuinely fantastic that day.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Also, we don't boo our managers out of jobs. I guess Hodgson did walk alone.
Moot point considering how long SAF wa there

In te first few years they tried booing fergie out, thankfully he and the board were stronger than that

United ans aren't exempt from booing

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Can you see our fans booing and hounding Moyes out? I can't. I think we'll be patient and get behind him, even if we do stumble a bit this season.
Of course it could happen. Some on here have actually said they "hate" him. Match going fans would probably give him a good chance, but it won't take much going wrong for patience to be lost.

gormless

Can you see our fans booing and hounding Moyes out? I can't. I think we'll be patient and get behind him, even if we do stumble a bit this season.
Definitely. Giggs has been booed, the CQ era had numerous 4-4-2 and "attack" chants, SAF's end of seasons speech was interrupted by Tevez chants. Our fans aren't better than anybody else's, we've just been extraordinarily lucky where the worst thing that's happened to us in years is that we finished 3rd for a couple of years. And still there was unrest at times.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Have a look at some of the gonk being trundled out in the Rooney thread. We're definitely capable.

Marching

Somehow still supports Leeds

Saw the banners for Ferguson so no doubt Moyes will have his dodgy moments.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
I'd rather United fans were hard nosed and tough to please, as Manchester people themselves are often said to be, rather than fall for the scouse ego stroking of a bluffer like Rodgers. The business of Manchester is business.

Status
Not open for further replies.