RAWK Goes Into Meltdown - AMad year

Ahmer Baig

More from LFC forums

As a Liverpool fan this is I think the most telling and depressing thing I have ever read:-

Liverpool captain Virgil van Dijk added: “We are very disappointed in so many ways and I think everyone has to look in the mirror and look at their own performances and ask if they really gave everything and do they really want to win the league?"

How could he think such a thing unless it was true and how does he have the bare-faced arrogance to actually admit it to the world. He is Captain and it is on him and Klopp to get these players up for it. Klopp resigned because he saw this coming. We need a massive rebuild. So

Salah - out

Nunez - out

Tsimikas - out
Depressing. It's just devastating that this is the way Klopp's final season is going to end. After so much promise to go out with such a whimper is tough to take.

The dream of getting to see Klopp lift the PL in front of the fans will never be realised. As great and entertaining as the Klopp era has been, it's sad that we couldn't win more and there's been more nearly moments than actual successes.
Dortmund 2.0 - Au revoir Klopp. Mentality crickets!
Then also answers the question about Arne Slot being the new manager like is if he is already looking fwd to it before Klopp has even left. The insult from some of these players to send Klopp off like this. Atleast the Utd players gave Fergie a proper sending off by winning the league in 2013. These pretenders shouldn't even be in the top 4
There better not be any talk of a ****** parade now, and hope that documentary never sees the light of day.

A parade for a league cup win would be cringeworthy, after bottling 3 comps these last 6 weeks.
what a coward / idiot that ref was. In that first half, Everton's plan was simple .. put 10 players behind the ball and, whenever you get into Liverpool's half, drop at the slightest challenge and get a free kick. The ref was completely conned by that strategy and kept breaking up play and giving this useless Everton side exactly what they wanted, when it was not deserved. Not that it would have made much difference considering how poor we were and this is no excuse for the loss, but is was galling to see the ref so - seemingly - oblivious to what Everton's tactics were.

Ahmer Baig

It's the reason why he will never be an elite level coach with his selections. He has Endo and Grav who can play the nr 6 role yet sticks Mac in the middle with Curtis to his left. Team should have come out and matched Everton's tackling and energy yet for someone who has been here for 8 years and never lost at GP, he didn't even prepare the team for this final push.

This to a team who have had their points deducted - not once but twice and are sitting in 16th! Let that sink in!!
Klopp has one foot on the beach
Salah has one foot in Saudi
Nunez has one foot constantly offside
Jota has an injured foot
and Im not putting my feet up for the season, just like all the other lads.
As many have said, what a heartbreaking end to a season that had promised so much
I'm absolutely gutted honestly.

Had flashbacks of Stevie G 's last game when we were humiliated by Stoke

LordSpud

The good news is their last run of games could get spicy. West Ham away (12:30), Spurs at home, Villa away then Wolves at home.

Fully Fledged

I always wonder if this twat knows he's a twat.
He has to.
He's spot on. You've just lost a derby and taken a massive blow in the title race, and your first thought is about a perceived injustice about having to play a 12.30 kick-off next. It's a loser mentality that he seems to have gotten from Klopp.

Edit: But also :lol:

To be fair to him, I don't think he had just lost The Dustbin Derby when he posted that.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He's spot on. You've just lost a derby and taken a massive blow in the title race, and your first thought is about a perceived injustice about having to play a 12.30 kick-off next. It's a loser mentality that he seems to have gotten from Klopp.

Thing is though he’s not using it as an excuse like VVD is. What he says applies to all players including the opposition.

Mike Smalling

Thing is though he’s not using it as an excuse like VVD is. What he says applies to all players including the opposition.
Agree, there is a clear distinction here. I just checked and that Tweet is actually made on a day, where United played Everton away with a 12.00 kick-off. United won the game 1-0, so there is no element of excuse here.

That being said, Rooney looks like a guy that could wolf down a carbonara any time of the day.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Agree, there is a clear distinction here. I just checked and that Tweet is actually made on a day, where United played Everton away with a 12.00 kick-off. United won the game 1-0, so there is no element of excuse here.

That being said, Rooney looks like a guy that could wolf down a carbonara any time of the day.
It’s the Tiramisu he had at 9:08 that was the problem.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
I am sorry but can’t just get pass Wazza looking like this. He is not even 40, need an intervention with all the money he has got
He always had this about him, get huge after retiering. Just that kinda of a body shape. He was big at United, Everton but when he went to USA he was very slim, then he let himself go. Lazy bugger. Wait until Luke stops playing, it will be easier to jump over him them go around him. Neither seems like they care to take care of themselves. Just enjoy life and food.

E-mal

He always had this about him, get huge after retiering. Just that kinda of a body shape. He was big at United, Everton but when he went to USA he was very slim, then he let himself go. Lazy bugger. Wait until Luke stops playing, it will be easier to jump over him them go around him. Neither seems like they care to take care of themselves. Just enjoy life and food.
They have the money, they should be able to get all the help they need.
Not a nice watch for Wazza sitting next to Sturridge and the scouse cnut

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
You won't be able to jump that high!

The reality is that a lot of top athletes, not just footballers, pile on the pounds in their retirement years, they can't/won't train like they did when they were competing and that muscle turns to fat

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
It’s not “just that body shape” though. It clearly comes down to his drinking and eating habits.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
It’s not “just that body shape” though. It clearly comes down to his drinking and eating habits.
I'd say one leads to the other and obviously he always had that tendency :lol:

PS: While writing this the Caf shows me an ad for a shady fat burner pill... fits perfectly to this thread now. :lol:

Yakuza_devils

Nice ending for Klopp. The Amad goal slapped them hard. They never recover from that. Lovely.

Next season we hope to see them collapsed like we did post SAF.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Whenever @Pexbo seems to start this thread, I feel they come very close to winning the quadruple or major trophies, only for them to squander it right at the end, or find it not possible to celebrate for some weird reason. Whenever he doesn't, I feel they seem to perform terribly throughout the season. I don't know which is better?
Higher highs and lower lows. It’s what I promised when I made the thread.
I made the RAWK thread in the summer of 2013, unbeknown to us all at the time at how monumentally brilliant that season would end up from a ‘let’s laugh at Scousers’ perspective.

Slippy G. Suarez transfer request. The overrating of Lallana, Lovren, Markovic and Balotelli’s signings in the summer months in an attempt to comfort themselves from a title thrown away. It was a beauty of a thread and probably never to be beaten in RAWK terms.

Incidentally, the Slippy G moment is ten years old this weekend. Here’s how the thread reacted:

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/rawk-goes-into-meltdown-2013-14.372218/page-48

:drool:

Last edited:

bringbackbebe

I made the RAWK thread in the summer of 2013, unbeknown to us all at the time at how monumentally brilliant that season would end up from a ‘let’s laugh at Scousers’ perspective.

Slippy G. Suarez transfer request. The overrating of Lallana, Lovren, Markovic and Balotelli’s signings in the summer months in an attempt to comfort themselves from a title thrown away. It was a beauty of a thread and probably never to be beaten in RAWK terms.

Incidentally, the Slippy G moment is ten years old this weekend. Here’s how the thread reacted

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/rawk-goes-into-meltdown-2013-14.372218/page-48

:drool:
Genius :lol: :lol: :lol:

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Honestly don’t know where this ‘Salah for £100m will fund the rebuild’.

I’d be surprised if he goes for more than £50m.

Withnail

Rooney's point was about time and place so that's not really relevant.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days

I saw this earlier and along with VVD’s arrogance and lack of personal accountability I can’t help but think they’re going to be in for a bit of a shock next season. The squad strikes me as being full of egos, arrogance and petulance and without Klopp holding it together I think it’s going to get very messy very quickly.

UnrelatedPsuedo

Who else will pay significantly more than £50m?

Could be that he just needs a proper rest, but he looks shot.

PSG may replace Mbappe with him. But I don’t think anyone else even has £50m to spend on a 32 year old.

Barca can’t. Bayern won’t. Madrid don’t need him. He won’t move in the PL. The Italians are broke unless players are young. Has anyone else really got that money floating about?

1-2 years back you’d have had a fight for him at silly money. Cant see it now.

BaguetteBoy

PSG may replace Mbappe with him. But I don’t think anyone else even has £50m to spend on a 32 year old.

Barca can’t. Bayern won’t. Madrid don’t need him. He won’t move in the PL. The Italians are broke unless players are young. Has anyone else really got that money floating about?

Probably go to Saudi, he’s well love in that part of the world

Withnail

No neither can I? He's only got a year left on his contract doesn't he?

Nickosaur

I saw this earlier and along with VVD’s arrogance and lack of personal accountability I can’t help but think they’re going to be in for a bit of a shock next season. The squad strikes me as being full of egos, arrogance and petulance and without Klopp holding it together I think it’s going to get very messy very quickly.
TAA trying to swat a fly there.

tomaldinho1

Had £150m on the table last summer. He’s not as good but is still elite. Reckon they can get close that number.

UnrelatedPsuedo

No neither can I? He's only got a year left on his contract doesn't he?
Everyone else that’s replying saying ‘He’ll go Saudi’. Yeah, it’s possible. But why on earth they’d pay £100m is anyone’s guess. There won’t be competition for his signature.