Television Reacher (Amazon Prime)

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
As a fan of the books I enjoyed the 1st two seasons but excited that the rest of the 110th don't really feature in any other book. They need to pick a good solo Reacher book for season 3.
I agree. Luckily they already said that season 3 will be based on one of the most popular books and be a solo story.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Season 1 was better. Although 2 had Serinda Swan and she's well fit.
Horses for courses I suppose. I find Maria Sten to be much more attractive. She just plays a tomboy character. Did you see her in that evening gown? Wowza.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Mindless popcorn fun. Not as good as season 1, far too much exposition, mostly totally unnecessary, but still worth watching between other stuff. I'll watch season 3.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
As a fan of the books I enjoyed the 1st two seasons but excited that the rest of the 110th don't really feature in any other book. They need to pick a good solo Reacher book for season 3.
I think it's been said that season 3 will be a solo adventure.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
Funny thing is 3 out of 5 of the main cast from Breakout Kings have been in Reacher so far, Malcolm Goodwin, Domenick Lombardozzi and Serinda Swan. Only 2 left are Jimmi Simpson and Brooke Nevin.

Herman Toothrot

This is one of those things I have on when I've dull admin work to do and I'm not really watching. Even still, that finale, Jesus. To find myself watching this just a week after David Chase declared TV's 25-year golden period ‘blip’, I couldn't help but feel a little ashamed.

Somehow, Reacher's conversation with the old man on the bus was the worst part.

hobbers

Has to be the dumbest and worst written show in the genre.

Makes crap like The Terminal List look good.

Big Andy

Bloke
I enjoyed it as I've been a huge Reacher fan for about 15 years now, so i's always good to see it come to the screen, I still think they chose the wrong book though, and should've saved the 110th until the series is established a bit more.

The first season was widely appreciated by fans and critics, and they've lost some of that goodwill this season, so next season needs to go back to a street level thing, rather than a huge conspiracy.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Some of the things are so far fetched but you need to give your brain a rest from time to time. Am I rite?
You're not wrong, but if you want to give your brain a real rest stick something Marvel on, there's far fetched and then there's Marvel!

Gavinb33

I enjoyed it as I've been a huge Reacher fan for about 15 years now, so i's always good to see it come to the screen, I still think they chose the wrong book though, and should've saved the 110th until the series is established a bit more.

The first season was widely appreciated by fans and critics, and they've lost some of that goodwill this season, so next season needs to go back to a street level thing, rather than a huge conspiracy.
I think i am likely in agreement with your take, big fan of the books even if they are pretty ridiculous i like the character and wish they did more on him before introducing others into his orbit, i'd probably like them to do Tripwire that was my favourite book

Big Andy

Bloke
I think i am likely in agreement with your take, big fan of the books even they are pretty ridiculous i like the character and wish they did more on him before introducing others into his orbit, i'd probably like them to do Tripwire that was my favourite book
Tripwire, Die Trying or Persuader I'd like to see, Persuader purely to see who the feck they get to play Paulie, who makes Reacher look like a dwarf.

Oranges038

It's a bit of fun, nothing serious. Like a bad 80s action movie, you know how it's going to end but you just have to disengage your brain for an hour.

I did find it hard to get past some of the bad acting, the terrible dialogue and formulaic conversation structures where everyone seems to have to get an equal amount of words in. Must get paid per word. It reminded me of criminal minds, and I stopped watching that once I noticed that and it started getting to me, I couldn't get past it.

Funniest bit of the whole thing was the Sarah Connor joke.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
It sucked, like really sucked.

I at least remember the action sequences in season one being fun enough to compensate for how hammy the acting and plot were, but in this they were so poor and badly choreographed.

Big Andy

Bloke
Tripwire, Die Trying or Persuader I'd like to see, Persuader purely to see who the feck they get to play Paulie, who makes Reacher look like a dwarf.
Looks like it will be Persuader, as Alan Ritchson posted a picture of a lobster on Instagram with the caption "details matter" and apparently Lobster is synonymous with Maine, USA, which is where Persuader is set.

Big Andy

Bloke

I at least remember the action sequences in season one being fun enough to compensate for how hammy the acting and plot were, but in this they were so poor and badly choreographed.
I cannot and will not accept a negative review unless it has been ratified by @Sweet Square

Sweet Square

I cannot and will not accept a negative review unless it has been ratified by @Sweet Square
I’ve only just found about this show from your mention but it appears to star the liquid terminator man from T2. So far so good but I did watch a shoot out scene and it did not contain any doves or slow mo shots.

Overall I give it 3 out of 5!

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Some of the things are so far fetched but you need to give your brain a rest from time to time. Am I rite?
nah, you’re just not manly enough to be able to picture yourself in reacher’s shoes.

i could easily hold a fully laden gurney off the back of a helicopter with only one hand whilst someone kicked the shit out of me. and i’d be boning all the hot bitches and solving all the crimes.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I’ve only just found about this show from your mention but it appears to star the liquid terminator man from T2. So far so good but I did watch a shoot out scene and it did not contain any doves or slow mo shots.

Overall I give it 3 out of 5!
Keep your ears peeled for an early Easter Egg from him.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history

Yeah Season 1 was better. I struggled with the last few episodes of this as it got dumber and dumber. Really dialed up the bad guys are stupid and can't aim for shit trope to 1000 by the last episode.

Wing Attack Plan R

Season 2 is dumb.

They completely changed what the show was about in Season 1, to wit: very large man kills people with his hands. Season 2 they assemble an elite team of wisecracking misfits, so now Reacher's inherently weird demeanor and moral code disappear into a zillion buddy-cop tropes. The main terrorist bad guy is so fecking tired it's like they parachuted him in from a 1990s action movie. He stabs a doctor in the neck and then proceeds - in a very prim and precise English accent - to explain the physical realities of what's happening to him (as if the doctor wouldn't know). What annoys most about this kind of cardboard villain, is they set him up as someone without any sort of moral code or weakness, he just wants the monies. But why? I always wonder what these super villains want to buy. He's handing over $65,000,000 in this case. Does he not have a private bowling alley in his house? Is he looking to buy a tiger? They make him sound erudite and try to make him look cosmopolitan, like being a paid killer is glamorous. I just don't get it.

And Reacher walks like he's trying to keep his anal beads from falling out.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
I missed Roscoe. And Reacher didn't look as intimidating as he did in the first season.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Weirdly enough it's the uncritical approach to violence that irked me the most. I do enjoy violent shows (some way more violent than Reacher) but something felt off about this season. They are casually shooting unarmed enemies (sometimes in non-combat scenarios) or even an entire helicopter out of the sky... and everyone around them goes like: "ah, it's just boys special investigators being boys special investigators". When Reacher did violent things in the first season everyone around reacted in a much more believable manner — at least by my recollection — and that was part of the fun. It was a bit like Banshee with an inflated version of Antony Starr.

As I've said, it's not the violence itself (there's nothing wrong about fictional violence) but the (complete lack of) reaction to it that had completely ruined the suspension of disbelief for me. Writing and acting was quite poor too though, not sure what had changed from the first season which was pretty enjoyable.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Wasn't the first series one of the most watched original Prime shows by far?

I don't mind it at all but it deserves no recognition other than it's an easy watch.

Wing Attack Plan R

Weirdly enough it's the uncritical approach to violence that irked me the most. I do enjoy violent shows (some way more violent than Reacher) but something felt off about this season. They are casually shooting unarmed enemies (sometimes in non-combat scenarios) or even an entire helicopter out of the sky... and everyone around them goes like: "ah, it's just boys special investigators being boys special investigators". When Reacher did violent things in the first season everyone around reacted in a much more believable manner — at least by my recollection — and that was part of the fun. It was a bit like Banshee with an inflated version of Antony Starr.

As I've said, it's not the violence itself (there's nothing wrong about fictional violence) but the (complete lack of) reaction to it that had completely ruined the suspension of disbelief for me. Writing and acting was quite poor too though, not sure what had changed from the first season which was pretty enjoyable.
Or like when he took his misfits to the officers' club so they could get in a fight. As if getting thrown through plate glass windows and having chairs smashed on your head don't cause actual injuries that take years to heal from. They should do it like that bonus scene in Austin Powers when one of Dr. Evil's henchmen gets killed, and they cut to a a bachelor party with all of the henchmen's friends waiting for him to show up and they take the call he's dead.

K Stand Knut

I finished season 2, Boy it was dumb. Dumb villain (s) dumb team bonding dumb love interest dumb action dumb plot.
I loved it for all of those reasons. The end fighting scene was laughable. And I fecking loved it.

Just ridiculously easy to watch and I love programs like that at the right time of day.

Serinda Swan is also one of the most beautiful women I’ve ever seen. Astoundingly attractive.

Can’t work for more of the same shit in season 3

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Has to be the dumbest and worst written show in the genre.

Makes crap like The Terminal List look good.
I'm sorry but this is unacceptable and shouldn't be posted on this forum ever again.

Jack Reacher is written perfectly. You have a character the size of a house, who walks into any random town in America and immediately gets involved in a massive conspiracy. He eats exclusively in diners, munching pie and drinking black coffee, but he's got the physique of a bodybuilder midway through a cut. His solutions to problems are quite simple; beat the shit out of it with his elbows or kick it in the balls. Or, failing that, shoot it in the head and then blow up the remains.

Jack Reacher can set an internal alarm clock that wakes him up at 5:37am next Tuesday, because he can. He can walk into a room and say that a small Dutch businessman with one leg shorter than the other had sat in there three days ago, worrying that his wife is cheating on him, because there's a stick of gum pressed against the base of the chair. Nothing can stop him, not even a bullet because it'll get stuck in his massive muscles.

In a world where every show nowadays is about some main character who is an intellectually brilliant businessman and has the world at their feet, but they have a dark past that they can't overcome. Or there's an intellectually brilliant detective with a dark past, who travels to Hungary because there's a serial killer, or there's an intellectually brilliant ice cream maker who......snore. Give me mindless shite from time to time. I can enjoy fancy restaurant food but sometimes I just want a really well made cheeseburger that punches criminals into a bloody pulp and shags anything with a pulse.

Roane

I'm sorry but this is unacceptable and shouldn't be posted on this forum ever again.

Jack Reacher is written perfectly. You have a character the size of a house, who walks into any random town in America and immediately gets involved in a massive conspiracy. He eats exclusively in diners, munching pie and drinking black coffee, but he's got the physique of a bodybuilder midway through a cut. His solutions to problems are quite simple; beat the shit out of it with his elbows or kick it in the balls. Or, failing that, shoot it in the head and then blow up the remains.

Jack Reacher can set an internal alarm clock that wakes him up at 5:37am next Tuesday, because he can. He can walk into a room and say that a small Dutch businessman with one leg shorter than the other had sat in there three days ago, worrying that his wife is cheating on him, because there's a stick of gum pressed against the base of the chair. Nothing can stop him, not even a bullet because it'll get stuck in his massive muscles.

In a world where every show nowadays is about some main character who is an intellectually brilliant businessman and has the world at their feet, but they have a dark past that they can't overcome. Or there's an intellectually brilliant detective with a dark past, who travels to Hungary because there's a serial killer, or there's an intellectually brilliant ice cream maker who......snore. Give me mindless shite from time to time. I can enjoy fancy restaurant food but sometimes I just want a really well made cheeseburger that punches criminals into a bloody pulp and shags anything with a pulse.
Preach brother.