Real Madrid 2017/18

C'est Moi Cantona

Not so sure they are quite the draw they usually are just now, so they could be in for a shock this summer, both from cost, and appeal.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Where are the fans at right now with the situation @carvajal?
You mean cristiano's? Not the time to talk about new contracts, at the end of the season we'll see. If he wants to leave he's free to go(provided he brings a good offer to the table), if he wants to stay we're happy for him to stay.

(Own personal musings from here)Either way he signed a contract December 2016(worth north of €20m a year after tax until 2021), he's about to turn 33, if he wants to double his wages at this point he must earn it on the pitch

Last edited:

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
Real have never been scared to spend big.

However, top class attackers are literally going to run them €150-200m+ each.

It’s a really tough market for anyone these days.

Hazard might fancy a new hallebge but you are talking something near the Neymar fee to make that happen.

I don’t thinks Ronaldo will attract any bids and will just keep gobbling mega wages for the next couple seasons.

Benzema too.

I would love for Mourinho to make a move for Kroos. Have a feeling he would fancy a new challenge in the PL.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Despite the bad results at the minute, I do think it would be crazy to fire Zidane and have to start again in the summer. It is a question of vision, direction, and new energy. Zidane is (quite rightly) a bit of a contemporary RM god, and with the structure of the club the way it is (with Perez the controller), Zidane is the ideal head coach for them.

He is Perez's blue eyed boy anyhow so I doubt he'll be fired.
If Madrid is kicked out by PSG, he will not be sacked. He will quit. He himself said that his head depends on the PSG fixture

Needham

Can't believe UEFA will allow Real not to qualify for next season's CL. Will they just hold the second half of La Liga again?

Schneckerl

He should absolutely not resign.
He deserves a chance to turn things around.
Don't know if he should or not, but from his comments about the PSG game it's pretty clear that he will quit if they are eliminated.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
You mean cristiano's? Not the time to talk about new contracts, at the end of the season we'll see. If he wants to leave he's free to go(provided he brings a good offer to the table), if he wants to stay we're happy for him to stay.

(Own personal musings from here)Either way he signed a contract December 2016(worth north of €20m a year after tax until 2021), he's about to turn 33, if he wants to double his wages at this point he must earn it on the pitch
Um, no @giorno. I was thinking more about the situation they're in, with current form, league position and backing of manager etc.?

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Where are the fans at right now with the situation @carvajal?
About the team,maybe fans are not as angry as they should be but in general there is a desire for changes and surprise of how Zidane has followed the route of Ancelotti.

If there was a macro survey, the majority solution would probably be a new forward and a CB.
About Cristiano, I think the Bernabéu is totally with him. I do not know if they are so warm because they want him in the team or because it's being a farewell season.

Drawfull

Real have never been scared to spend big.

However, top class attackers are literally going to run them €150-200m+ each.

It’s a really tough market for anyone these days.
The problem isn't the market per se, it's the fact that at those prices there'll be more players available at that sort of money than clubs that can afford them.

The only direction prices at the top end of the market can go is down.

Litch

Pool is shallow and the quality of fish equally. Still a massive draw but like Utd, it's not the same as years ago. Its funny cause like us a few years ago, the players replacing the ones coming in are good but that's in the context of now, and not the bar 10 years ago. We only now understand that in hindsight when 80m for CR7 was cheap. I was looking at Ronaldinho and the real Ronaldo on YouTube and you can easily forget what world class really means.... So Real, the quality just isn't out there anymore....

KingMinger22

The problem isn't the market per se, it's the fact that at those prices there'll be more players available at that sort of money than clubs that can afford them.

The only direction prices at the top end of the market can go is down.
That’s not bad logic but I don’t think it will work like that.

Let’s say there are possibly 5 clubs that you would suspect would be willing to go to £200m for the right star player (e.g. a Kane).

That’s more than enough to ensure that sort of price when a player like Kane moves.

KingMinger22

Pool is shallow and the quality of fish equally. Still a massive draw but like Utd, it's not the same as years ago. Its funny cause like us a few years ago, the players replacing the ones coming in are good but that's in the context of now, and not the bar 10 years ago. We only now understand that in hindsight when 80m for CR7 was cheap. I was looking at Ronaldinho and the real Ronaldo on YouTube and you can easily forget what world class really means.... So Real, the quality just isn't out there anymore....
First line is bang on.

Prices aren’t going to depreciate at the top whatsoever.

There a handful of clubs that want to and are able to pay for the top players (let’s say top 10 players in the world).

These clubs also all are aiming have 2-3 of these stars - not one.

AndyJ1985

Without significant sales I doubt they will be able to get more than a couple world class players in one window, and even then I don't see how that would benefit them. Selling 4 or 5 players and bringing in a couple leaves them short of depth. All this talk of major overhaul and buying Kane Hazard De Gea and Neymar is nonsense. They aren't rich enough.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
All this talk of major overhaul and buying Kane Hazard De Gea and Neymar is nonsense. They aren't rich enough.
Assuming prices of €200m-€130m-€100m with wages worth €25m-€25m-€20m a year, we should be able to afford Kane-Hazard-De Gea, just by letting Cristiano and Benzema go. Would cost us an extra ~€70m a year over 6 years contracts, it would greatly limit us in the near future, but we should be able to afford it

Nevermind Neymar, that's a nonstarter, Qatar won't let him go no matter what

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Assuming prices of €200m-€130m-€100m with wages worth €25m-€25m-€20m a year, we should be able to afford Kane-Hazard-De Gea, just by letting Cristiano and Benzema go. Would cost us an extra ~€70m a year over 6 years contracts, it would greatly limit us in the near future, but we should be able to afford it

No one will buy Bale and CR7 for remotely what you'll need to finance that.

And Hazard will be a lot more expensive.

I think Florentino Perez should sell us Kovacic for £50m to finance his splurge. Totally objective opinion :cool:

Bestie07

All three will cost more than that I'm sure.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Those are examples, don't take it literally

Criatiano and Benzema should be worth very little on the books, whatever we sell them for should be almost entirely profit(again, example). Let's say we make €70m in profit off them, that would effectively cover the initial investment on €450m total transfer fees...

Financially, losing the CL final would massively boost our spending power(and winning it again would collapse it)

Gareth williams

Supports
Everton
Kane won't go for 200m. In this ridiculous market they are going to want 300 for him.

He's at least as good as Neymar. He only went because of the release clause and the market has possibly kicked on again since then

Revan

Assumptionman

Probably closer to 220m - 200m - 150m.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Kane won't go for 200m. In this ridiculous market they are going to want 300 for him.

He's at least as good as Neymar. He only went because of the release clause and the market has possibly kicked on again since then
Kane is so hyped IMO. Wont last in the top performancers long. Will be and average-good player through his career. I hope madrid spend big on him.

Clas Sified

Kane is so hyped IMO. Wont last in the top performancers long. Will be and average-good player through his career. I hope madrid spend big on him.
It's his 4th season of topping the PL scoring charts and people are still pushing the 'one-season wonder' trope? It's obvious he's a world class player.

Antonedwin

Think they'll get Griezmann in the summer.
A top goal keeper.
A new central defender.
Another midfielder after selling Kovacic.

And they'll be flying again.
Also, Fred Hermel, French Journalist, one of Zizou and Florentino's best frient told last Saturday that Griezmann will be considered this summer and the player is desperate to cross town (and not afraid to betray Atletico)

Griezmann to hateful rival madrid after all the loyalty talk he said to reject united last season ?
He is disgraceful if he did that.

Assuming madrid qualify to ucl next season they need to spend at least 300m to get all those player & offloading ronaldo

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
It's his 4th season of topping the PL scoring charts and people are still pushing the 'one-season wonder' trope? It's obvious he's a world class player.
Not in my opinion. And I am not saying he is bad. Just a good player. And I repeat, my opinion.

And in a football more technical like the spanish, in my opinion again, would struggle

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
He scored more than Ronaldo and Messi in a year but I guess he's just not that good

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
He scored more than Ronaldo and Messi in a year but I guess he's just not that good
Good for him, I just think he is over his level. I might be wrong of course. I would love Madrid to sign him

Gareth williams

Supports
Everton

Won't this be the 4th season in a row he's top scorer in England?

Reiliano

I'll bet your great at fantasy football

J_Red 11

Those are examples, don't take it literally

Criatiano and Benzema should be worth very little on the books, whatever we sell them for should be almost entirely profit(again, example). Let's say we make €70m in profit off them, that would effectively cover the initial investment on €450m total transfer fees...

Financially, losing the CL final would massively boost our spending power(and winning it again would collapse it)
You made it sounds easy. Kane will cost more than 200m euro. You are going to deal with Levy, he's been nice with you before with Modric but he knows that your club needs a striker now and he's going to go hard this time to make Kane as highest transfer fees just like what he did to Bale. I expect minimum 250m euro which is more than when PSG signed Neymar.

DDG's contract is until 2019 but also has option to extend it another year to 2020. That means he will cost you more than 100m euro.

Hazard should be cost more than Coutinho, even with just a year left, he's a world class player, Chelsea's best player, has won PFA Player of the year more than once. 130m euro is a peanut.

You also still need another midfielder since Modric is going to turn 33 years old.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
:lol: if we weren't interested he'd be the second best #9 in the world innit? :lol:

OverratedOpinion

He's been putting in top performances and scoring at a rate that very few strikers can compare to for years. If he'd had one or even two good seasons it would be fair to be cautious but he's been machine like for what 4 seasons?

AndyJ1985

Dont know if I'm missing something here but Messi scored 54 last season and is on 26 this season. Kane scored 35 last sesson and is on 29 this season. How has kane scored more in the last year?

OverratedOpinion

Dont know if I'm missing something here but Messi scored 54 last season and is on 26 this season. Kane scored 35 last sesson and is on 29 this season. How has kane scored more in the last year?
I think when people say that they are looking from 01/01/17 to 31/12/17.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs

Talking of non-starters, you can also scratch Kane from your list.

This summer will see the grand opening of our new stadium. It's a statement of intent that Spurs aim to become an elite club, and Levy will want to make a make a matching statement with regard to players. He simply isn't going to sell our most iconic and best player at that point in time. €200m? RM could offer double that and it wouldn't make any difference.

AlwaysRed66

Are you a Tottenham fan in disguise. Making sure he remains at Spurs.

cyberman

I agree with Glaston here. Theres a players worth but then the price of getting a wealthy club to sell when they don't need to.
Oh Madrid have 300 in the bank? Lets just look at that price shall we?
Inflation is caused by big spending sprees. If Madrid feel so self entitled that they think they can splurge on current "Fair" prices then they are in for a shock.

Javi

Madrids war chest is easily 600m € and I'm talking net spend. If they manage to raise another 150m € by selling players - which won't be a problem - we are talking about 750m €. So Kane 200, Neymar 250, Hazard 125, de Gea 100 and 75m for some Brazilian kids or Lewandowski or whoever.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Madrids war chest is easily 600m € and I'm talking net spend. If they manage to raise another 150m € by selling players - which won't be a problem - we are talking about 750m €. So Kane 200, Neymar 250, Hazard 125, de Gea 100 and 75m for some Brazilian kids or Lewandowski or whoever.
How do you know about Madrid's war chest?

And Neymar won't be moving, PSG will laugh off 250m.

Gareth williams

Supports
Everton
Neymar went for 200m only because of his sell on clause. No clue what Barca would have needed to accept but for that. They sure as hell didn't want the 200m and PSG are richer than Barca

I honestly think you're talking 300m plus for Kane. Not sure Neymar is a goer at any price.

Not sure how real are gonna sell Ronaldo either given what he earns. The clubs that can afford him probably have more sense than to invest that sort of money in someone is probably on the decline. So it's China or real are stuck with him

I really don't see that many superstars in football at the moment and the 1s that are in that bracket are almost all at clubs that don't need reals money

Think their best hope is hazard because of his contract situation. The suggest they are just going to enter the market and cherry pick 4 or 5 of the worlds best players seems ridiculous