Real Madrid need to get ready for a terrible season | It’s happening

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Make your final change while Marcelo is down injured. This man is truly a genius! What a coup it was stealing him from Spain Floren!

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
This is the worst Real Madrid I can remember since one year ago also in October.

Last edited:

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
Rafa fecking Benitez was miles better than this guy, and I thought that was impossible.

El-Buitre

Supports
Real Madrid
It's not Lopetegui fault if he is coaching 11 lazy fecks like Ramos, Benzema, Bale, Modric and such, those guys have won too many titles they are not hungry anymore. 4 CL in 5 years is too much how u can motivate them again? we need like 4/5 new players in the team next summer.

Schneckerl

Real fans are so spoiled can't even appreciate a solid 2-1 triumph against Viktoria Plzen. :D In all seriousness you won't have to endure Lope much longer than until Sunday. At least your club acts quickly unlike some others...

James Peril

It's not Lopetegui fault if he is coaching 11 lazy fecks like Ramos, Benzema, Bale, Modric and such, those guys have won too many titles they are not hungry anymore. 4 CL in 5 years is too much how u can motivate them again? we need like 4/5 new players in the team next summer.
That's exactly it - it's entirely his fault 100%. It's Real's fault they hired him of course, but it's the manager who's hired to motivate the players and he knew that when he signed. Just like Moyes, this guy has absolutely no charisma or natural leadership skills to be in charge over the most successful team(s) in recent history. Lopetegui goes from Spain and Real Madrid-coach to absolute shambles in about 4 months. The annoying thing is that he is richer than all of us put together and he is laughing all the way to the bank.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Barc won’t humiliate Real without Messi

Barca have plenty of issues of their own, especially defensively

Mettaur

Supports
Liverpool
Barc won’t humiliate Real without Messi

Barca have plenty of issues of their own, especially defensively
They did at the Bernabeu in 2015. Granted, they had Neymar, Suarez and Iniesta at their peak but Real Madrid were better then too.

King.of.Red

Real fans are so spoiled can't even appreciate a solid 2-1 triumph against Viktoria Plzen. :D In all seriousness you won't have to endure Lope much longer than until Sunday. At least your club acts quickly unlike some others...
Yup, cant imagine if they are in a situation like United, bet there will be riot in their city

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
They did at the Bernabeu in 2015. Granted, they had Neymar, Suarez and Iniesta at their peak but Real Madrid were better then too.
meh, only just. We were pretty bad under "El Diez"

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
meh, only just. We were pretty bad under "El Diez"
Only just? You were a lot better under Benitez than now.

Benitez managed Real Madrid for 25 games, won 17, drew 5 and lost 3.

Lopetegui managed Real Madrid for 13 games, won 6, drew 2, lost 5.

Last edited:

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Flopetegui has it's share on the faults. The main asset of a manager in a top club is being a motivator, because most of the players already know what to do on a football pitch. You don't need to spend months teaching them.

IronCroos37

if real sack this spanish moyes like fast, they would still have decent chances to win another CL, with a bit of luck.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Only just? You were a lot better under Benitez than now.

Benitez managed Real Madrid for 25 games, won 17, drew 5 and lost 3.

Lopetegui managed Real Madrid for 13 games, won 6, drew 2, lost 5.
Benitez benefited from a number of questionable refereeing performances, Keylor Navas turning into superman, and a hell of a lot of luck. Still remember our 1-0 against PSG. A game they should have won 5-0. The results were better, the performances were not. We did have a better squad overall afterall

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Benitez benefited from a number of questionable refereeing performances, Keylor Navas turning into superman, and a hell of a lot of luck. Still remember our 1-0 against PSG. A game they should have won 5-0. The results were better, the performances were not. We did have a better squad overall afterall
Just like you got unlucky to have drawn others... You might have had a few lucky wins but plenty of those wins under Benitez were comfortable wins too. 4-0 vs Shakhtar, 8-0 vs Malmo, 10-2 vs Rayo, 0-6 vs Espanyol, 5-0 vs Betis. In fact, most of the wins were fairly comfortable and not really the result of any refereeing decisions or luck. Out of the 17 wins under Benitez only 4 were by a 1 goal margin.

The results under Benitez weren't that bad. Out of the 25 games he managed, these were the only 8 games he didn't win (losses in bold): PSG away, Valencia away, Sevilla away, Villarreal away, Atletico away, Barcelona at home, Sporting Gijon away and Malaga at home.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Just like you got unlucky to have drawn others... You might have had a few lucky wins but plenty of those wins under Benitez were comfortable wins too. 4-0 vs Shakhtar, 8-0 vs Malmo, 10-2 vs Rayo, 0-6 vs Espanyol, 5-0 vs Betis. In fact, most of the wins were fairly comfortable and not really the result of any refereeing decisions or luck. Out of the 17 wins under Benitez only 4 were by a 1 goal margin.

The results under Benitez weren't that bad. Out of the 25 games he managed, these were the only 8 games he didn't win (losses in bold): PSG away, Valencia away, Sevilla away, Villarreal away, Atletico away, Barcelona at home, Sporting Gijon away and Malaga at home.
10-2 vs rayo is the first game that comes to mind when i think quality refereeing actually. The only reason that game went like that was because of the ref. We were actualy losing that game before the ref decided to screw them over. Repeatedly. But i've said, sure, the results were better, owing to the better quality of the team, better fitness, a younger and hungrier team, etc. Plus, considerable luck. We were a bit like arsenal now. Barcelona on the other hand were untouchable, even without Messi as Neymar turned into the best player on the planet. That clasico could be seen coming from a mile away

Yes we are worse now, but so is barcelona. We're closer to barcelona now than we were in late 2015

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
fecking Blanc?! jesus man. I want Jose out but christ.
That's an interesting reaction. Blanc has been good in all his jobs, there is nothing wrong with him other than his depressing demeanor which is why I would veto it.:)

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Barca are much worse now. That team won a treble

B&Wandmore

Supports
juventus
I've had it. We should sack that moron tonight
how's the manager's fault now? They lost 40 goals without doing any serious purchase in the last 3 seasons. They have a few key players that wanted out and have been forced to stay like Marcelo and Modric and others like Benzema that are declining. This year was always going to be a challenging one at the end of a cycle and selling Cristiano actually was the only move that made sense, the problem was not preparing his exit that was already likely since 2017.

Sacking Lopetegui would create more problems that it solved and I am not sure any decent manager would take the club mid season, maybe only somebody from inside the club

Champagne Football

Brilliant call at start of season for this thread. I thought based on Bale's CL final show that he'd come out all guns blazing this season and become the player again he used to be at Spurs with Real remaining dominant.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
how's the manager's fault now? They lost 40 goals without doing any serious purchase in the last 3 seasons. They have a few key players that wanted out and have been forced to stay like Marcelo and Modric and others like Benzema that are declining. This year was always going to be a challenging one at the end of a cycle and selling Cristiano actually was the only move that made sense, the problem was not preparing his exit that was already likely since 2017.
You actually believe tuttosport :lol:

And yes, it is very much the manager's fault if the team is in dire physical shape in October, doesn't play at anything and appears to have no hunger or motivation. The performance against Plizen at home in this moment was inexcusable. It's pretty clear that he's not getting through to the players, our positioning all game was a mess. That happens when players don't know what they're supposed to be doing

Sacking Lopetegui would create more problems that it solved and I am not sure any decent manager would take the club mid season, maybe only somebody from inside the club
Lopetegui isn't getting through to the players. The only way things could get worse with another guy is if we hire a maniac like Conte and he proceeds to alienate 3/4 of the team within 3 days and fights them on the 4th.

'Sides, last time we changed manager mid-season, it worked out pretty well

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
The OP had a mare there:houllier:

Real Madrid next season

Courtois
Carvajal Varane Ramos Marcelo
Casemiro
Modric Kroos
Isco
Bale Benzema

With players like Navas, Odriozola, Nacho, Kovacic, Asensio, Ceballos, Vazquez on the bench.

Still twice as good as Man Utd, yet it is gonna be a terrible next season:lol:
A mare I had indeed :D

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
A mare I had indeed :D
Hindsight is great:D

I will admit that I was wrong and I will also say that it was one of the worst posts I ever wrote. Just like how this Lopetegui tenure is turning out to be one of the worst ever:lol::(

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
What? Should I feel offended?
No, I'm Norwegian too :)
We'd be super proud if one of our clubs won the EL, even if we didn't support that club in the league.
Or, well.. i would, and i know many would.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Hindsight is great:D

I will admit that I was wrong and I will also say that it was one of the worst posts I ever wrote. Just like how this Lopetegui tenure is turning out to be one of the worst ever:lol::(
Remember this post when we inevitably win the CL next June :D

Hammondo

Like every team, there are core very good players and they often make other players look better. Once they start getting too old or leave, then the worse players get shown up.

el3mel

Any manager will run his arse off to manage a club like Madrid any time. That won't be a problem for them.