Real Madrid need to get ready for a terrible season | It’s happening

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Last year’s squad minus Ronaldo.... plus over 100 million of investment in Odriozola, Vinicius, Courtois and Reguilon. You’re damn right it’s not the same squad, if Ronaldo stayed they’d be a lot better than they were last season. Finally some offensive help in Vinicius, capable defensive depth and a better goalkeeper. They’d currently be the big favourites to win the Champions League especially with the draw they got so far, Florentino decided to throw away those great odds of winning a fourth CL in a row to build for the future.

I don’t care about the difference in points. Ronaldo missed games last year too, refs and luck played their part, lack of motivation was a big factor, etc. watching them play is enough, it’s one thing to have a poor league campaign after winning the double when you have a great possibility of winning the CL. It’s another to follow a disappointing league season with an even worse one while not winning the CL. Everyone expected Madrid to be worse this season but everyone also expected them to get a higher points total than last season...

The same form that cost Marcelo his place in the starting eleven this season was exactly the same form he was showing last season for most of it while people called him the best left back on the planet.
It's absurd debating with you in anything related to Ronaldo, they invested in Odriozola who barely plays (700 minutes in La Liga), Vinicius (who plays in Ronaldo's spot) and Courtois, who isn't an upgrade on Navas. Even if he stayed, 95% of his time he'd play with the same players he did last season, only change would be Reguilon, and he isn't better than Marcelo last season.

Maybe you’re getting used to abnormalities but for a player to be the main reason a team wins a competition doesn’t mean he has to win them every game.
Jesus, you've been against that reasoning everytime Barcelona passed a leg and a certain someone didn't score, now you're going to use it as the excuse?.

Marcelo was the best LB of the season because who would be it then?. He wasn't brilliant in La Liga, but he scored a goal in a key moment vs PSG, another vs Juve and another vs Bayern, on top of two assists in the final. If a pure scorer losing the league and being outscored domestically can be crowned as the best in the world for UCL performances, then surely it isn't that weird that the same measurement is used with Marcelo?.

I don't like conceeding victories to Real Madrid players over our Barcelona counterparts, but reading you talk like this about Marcelo while pushing the "Alba is the best LB in the world" topic just because it fits your story is one of the most aggravating things I've read in any forum. It's like comparing what Semedo offers vs prime Dani Alves, a Dragster vs a Formula 1

zkap

Supports
Barça
Alba vs Marcelo... FFS.

I think Alba does very well for us, but come on.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Peyroteo when Barca plays underwhelmingly without Messi: "The fact that Barcelona plays so bad is that their attack is too dependent on Messi. Because of the type of player he is, everything has to flow through him. Ultimately, this makes the team weaker than it could be."

Also Peyroteo: "The fact that Madrid plays so bad without Cristiano shows how important he was for that team. He carried them, their bad form now is a testament of how good he is."

Ronaldo is an incredible player but the problems of this squad were there for everyone to see, even last year. People smply overlooked them because the only thing they saw was the CL win. As good as Madrid was, they also were very lucky in the last three years. I believe they need fresh blood and especially a manager with a clear idea of how his team shall play football.
However, I think many of these players aren't good enough anymore. Modric is getting older and Benzema was great at complementing Ronaldo but is not a consistent enough goal scorer nowadays. Anyway, I firmly believe we'll see a different Madrid next season again. The Hazard transfer alone will elevate them again.

JMack1234

Looks like we're in our now annual 'Will Bale leave Madrid?' season.

Solari will go at the end of the season. They'll get in a new guy. New guy will want to keep Bale around. Repeat in 2020.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Yes sorry, it was too long to translate.
In the first part he talks about the lack of goal and the calculations that the dressing room had made,being very skeptics regarding to the plans of the club.
Later he says that in the spring of 2017 Cristiano knew that Madrid wanted to sell him to finance Mbappe.
Cristiano leaked to A Bola that he wanted to leave the club, waiting for a renewal offer that did not arrive.
Mendes spoke with PSG but they could not because they had decided to pay the clause of Neymar,and Cris stayed one more year, reason according to the article that stopped Mbappé,for competition issues.
After that he says that the technical secretary concluded that Cris had three or four years "as a top-class opportunistic scorer".
They concluded that they would have to reinforce themselves, among the names Mane, Hazard, Lewandowski, etc., but Florentino refused, since he only wanted Neymar and preferred to trust Bale and Asensio (what Modric said today between the lines)
Couldn't this be the reason behind Zidane's strange resignation?

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Couldn't this be the reason behind Zidane's strange resignation?
Yes,It could be.I think there was an article about that in the past.
3 years winning and he didn't get any autonomy to decide

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Yesterday, Inda spoke in El Chiringuito.
Probably you know he has many mistakes (his last success, I believe, was to anticipate the interest in Lopetegui).
Yesterday he covered all the possible options.
First he said that Mourinho asked for full powers and a cleaning. He also said that Alonso would be the second.
However, he later said that Zidane and Löw had been in the presidential stage.
He also said that the captains want the reincorporation of Isco.
On Bale, he said the club is sure he has an agreement with United, which they do not like since they want to use him to negotiate with Chelsea
https://okdiario.com/deportes

We need an rvn

wonder if Jose has to hand back some of his money when he goes back to Real. If we have a gagging order then might also be other clauses. Would love to see it happen though

DanilSergin

I'd be wary of making categoric statements of this kind. This time last year Barcelona was supposed to be falling apart and in disarray after losing Neymar, and Real Madrid was predicted to win the league at a canter...
I fully agree with you, before you make such statements, you need to think well.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Best player in the world truly shining...oh wait ....

As I said a while ago Madrid would have not even sniffed the CL without Ronnie the past 3 years. If you think otherwise you are having a laugh he saved their ass so many times.

SirAF

Ageist

As I said a while ago Madrid would have not even sniffed the CL without Ronnie the past 3 years. If you think otherwise you are having a laugh he saved their ass so many times.
:drool:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
And now he sends for Bale to be saviour...you couldn't make it up. Was he whistled onto the pitch?

One thing I really don't get is why he's so in love with Lucas Vazquez, guy is such a mediocre player.

Vinicius also off, is he injured?

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
And now he sends for Bale to be saviour...you couldn't make it up. Was he whistled onto the pitch?

One thing I really don't get is why he's so in love with Lucas Vazquez, guy is such a mediocre player.

he is prioritizing the physical condition. Someone willing to go up and down constantly. Subtract in attack to find some balance I suppose

Bojan11

Who should he send for?

Eila

Think Madrid can grab the 2 goals in the 2nd half. Would be amazing to see them out, though! Probably better for the club, as well.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi

Cristiano is about to get eliminated too.

Vadim

I would sack him too.
You can keep sacking managers it won’t help. There’s a gigantic Ronaldo shaped hole at the club and no manager in world football can replace him unless you go all out for Mbappe maybe?

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Ramos' absence is really notable here. No composure whatsoever playing the ball out from the back, so all they're doing is inviting more pressure on themselves. It's really obvious how their possession game and defensive game are interconnected in games like this.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Peyroteo when Barca plays underwhelmingly without Messi: "The fact that Barcelona plays so bad is that their attack is too dependent on Messi. Because of the type of player he is, everything has to flow through him. Ultimately, this makes the team weaker than it could be."

Also Peyroteo: "The fact that Madrid plays so bad without Cristiano shows how important he was for that team. He carried them, their bad form now is a testament of how good he is."

Ronaldo is an incredible player but the problems of this squad were there for everyone to see, even last year. People smply overlooked them because the only thing they saw was the CL win. As good as Madrid was, they also were very lucky in the last three years. I believe they need fresh blood and especially a manager with a clear idea of how his team shall play football.
However, I think many of these players aren't good enough anymore. Modric is getting older and Benzema was great at complementing Ronaldo but is not a consistent enough goal scorer nowadays. Anyway, I firmly believe we'll see a different Madrid next season again. The Hazard transfer alone will elevate them again.
It’s literally the tenth fecking time you come back with that and the tenth fecking time I explain it to you. Jesus Christ man.

Barcelona funnel their offense through Messi, Madrid never did with Ronaldo. That’s the difference.

They’re both obviously worse without them, difference is one was versatile enough to make others around him play to their strengths while the other hasn’t been in the past few years.

With Messi off the pitch, Barcelona lose their entire system and look poor without it. With Ronaldo off he pitch, Madrid maintain the structure and dynamic, they just lack the extra quality he added. It’s completely different.

I’m just going to start linking to this post the next twenty times you make the same point.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Madrid would be better off trying to poach Ajax's coach instead of turning to Mourinho.

Cloud7

To be fair Ronaldo is likely about to follow Madrid out of the CL :p

This Ajax team playing like this can beat anyone except probably Atletico.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
You can keep sacking managers it won’t help. There’s a gigantic Ronaldo shaped hole at the club and no manager in world football can replace him unless you go all out for Mbappe maybe?
With or without Cristiano they have enough players and goal to play better and overcome the tie.
If they are eliminated we would be 4 months with a coach who has not met the expectations

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
It's absurd debating with you in anything related to Ronaldo, they invested in Odriozola who barely plays (700 minutes in La Liga), Vinicius (who plays in Ronaldo's spot) and Courtois, who isn't an upgrade on Navas. Even if he stayed, 95% of his time he'd play with the same players he did last season, only change would be Reguilon, and he isn't better than Marcelo last season.

Jesus, you've been against that reasoning everytime Barcelona passed a leg and a certain someone didn't score, now you're going to use it as the excuse?.

Marcelo was the best LB of the season because who would be it then?. He wasn't brilliant in La Liga, but he scored a goal in a key moment vs PSG, another vs Juve and another vs Bayern, on top of two assists in the final. If a pure scorer losing the league and being outscored domestically can be crowned as the best in the world for UCL performances, then surely it isn't that weird that the same measurement is used with Marcelo?.

I don't like conceeding victories to Real Madrid players over our Barcelona counterparts, but reading you talk like this about Marcelo while pushing the "Alba is the best LB in the world" topic just because it fits your story is one of the most aggravating things I've read in any forum. It's like comparing what Semedo offers vs prime Dani Alves, a Dragster vs a Formula 1
Alba > Reguilon > Marcelo > Alba

Right... Alba has comfortably been the best left back in the world in the past 2 seasons. Comparing Marcelo to Dani Alves and Alba to Semedo is a joke.

For someone that hates conceding victories to Madrid you sure love to shit on 22/23 of your squad while praising Madrid’s.

Courtois is better than Navas, Reguilon is better than Marcelo and Vinicius would obviously start. If ronaldo has stayed they’d be a lot better than last season

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Cristiano is about to get eliminated too.
Spot on he is he also went to a worse team with a worse coach and it is his first year there. Ill put it this way I would bet my bottom dollar Ronaldo wins another CL before Real do.

BUT even though I am 90% sure he is eliminated...It is Ronaldo and he was born for gams like these so lets see.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Would anyone take Ramos this summer? Can't see him staying if Jose is going back there.

It's B Rubble

Madrid are missing Ramos more than Ronaldo. No composure or bite while defending and no presence in the box, it’s obvious the leadership of the captain is hurting the squad. Also should have started with Asencio and Bale as their experience in games like this would seem to out weigh the form of Vasquez and VJR.

Mick321

They are woeful, not like the warning signs weren't there, they were shit in the league last season and not even particularly good in the CL despite winning it, Bayern should have put them out and thankfully they got lucky with Salah in the final. This was totally obvious, why did they not sort it?!

MarkK

Supports
Bayern Munich
Looking at Real is like looking at a mirror for a Bayern fan. They, like us, are a great side at the end of an era and while they have lost their key player (Cristiano may have had 1-2 good years in him), it is still obvious that there are too many players who are declining (Kroos, Marcelo, Benzema. At Bayern it is Ribery, Robben, Boateng, Müller, Neuer and Hummels) or who simply don't have the required standard (Casemiro, Reguilon. At Bayern it is Goretzka). Meanwhile the young ones are not yet fit to take over (Vinicius, Lucas V.... At Bayern it is Coman, Gnabry and arguably Süle). The whole team looks ordinary now because they are totally unbalanced. The same is true for us, we only profit from playing in a weaker league but I'm afraid the return leg against Liverpool will show that we are currently not able to compete on a top level. An interesting transfer window is coming up with a couple of the biggest clubs in Europe in desperate need to reshape.