Real Madrid need to get ready for a terrible season | It’s happening

cheeky_backheel

There is too much divergence regarding Mourinho. He had both very strong defenders and detractors at Real Madrid. I believe Florentino and JAS are big fans of him though, so that might prove decisive in the end.

Personally I would prefer someone new to be in charge. Someone like Pochettino, Allegri or Low. But I think it's more important to get the new players right, especially the forwards.
Madrid needs a manager that can operate effectively under Perez. Mourinho can, Allegri should be able to, but dont think Poch would cope.

Irrational.

I think Poch will be at the Bernabeu next season.
This is exactly my thought as well. His recent comments about Spurs needing another 10 years to win the league added more fuel to the fire and was more a shot at Levy. Can’t see him staying beyond this season.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
No offense, but most of their squad is either past-it or just not-good-enough youngsters. Terrible, they try, but fail. Terrible for Real Madrid standards.

If Sevilla wasn't so damn unreliable, Madrid would finish this league 4th.

PSG or Barça, or even Atlético in the UCL quarters and it's all over.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
No offense, but most of their squad is either past-it or just not-good-enough youngsters. Terrible, they try, but fail. Terrible for Real Madrid standards.

+ some players are needing a new challenge

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
What happened to Real Madrid and all the "galacticos" signings they were doing?
Really not been many the last few years, can't really think of any since Bale... Kroos maybe?

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Vinicius is promising but it's crazy how their entire attacking game is based on him creating things on his own (Reguilon helps out too). Young players shouldn't have this burden.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
If i haven't miscounted Barcelona have won 13 times at The Bernabeu since the turn of the millennium.

That's truly obscene, i don't think i can ever recall any team having such a good away record against another, let alone against the worlds biggest club.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
What happened to Real Madrid and all the "galacticos" signings they were doing?
Really not been many the last few years, can't really think of any since Bale... Kroos maybe?
They should have a big summer this time around.

They need:

1) a striker; Benzema is playing pretty much every minute and even if they can’t get a Harry Kane they’ve been needing a more pure goalscorer to rotate with him since Morata left two years ago.

Piatek/Jovic/Icardi, someone along those lines. They did sign Rodrygo though and I think he’ll join next season, if he’s as good as I’ve been hearing he is then there might be no need.

2) a centreback; Ramos is getting older and they’ve had depth issues since Pepe left two years ago

Militão? Hermoso?

3) a midfielder; Modric is getting older and Kroos has been poor for ages now.

Eriksen?

4) a proper galactico; You can’t have an 18 year old being the star of the team and holding all the pressure.

Hazard/Salah/Mbappe/Neymar

5) a new manager; Solari has actually done alright, hasn’t been bad at all but they need someone different

Yagami

Good post resistant
If i haven't miscounted Barcelona have won 13 times at The Bernabeu since the turn of the millennium.

That's truly obscene, i don't think i can ever recall any team having such a good away record against another, let alone against the worlds biggest club.
Don't think Barcelona have played us 13 times since the millennium, to be honest. :p

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid

The same Atletico we spanked in their own stadium less than a month ago?

People here have this chronic need to underrate barcelona because they don't play like they did with guardiola anymore...sure, we don't have players as good them, but who does?

Vinicius is promising but it's crazy how their entire attacking game is based on him creating things on his own (Reguilon helps out too). Young players shouldn't have this burden.
Yup. If we can't get Mbappé, we should go hard for Kane and Salah. Maybe we can offload Gareth Fail...

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
So these rumours about Mourinho.... surely it can't be right? Madrid fans that want him have surely not been paying close attention to him.

Also, they have a few young players, so getting him would mean their development will stall.

@giorno @carvajal do you think Mourinho is being realistically considered?

zkap

Supports
Barça
I really hope Mourinho goes back to Real Madrid.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
So these rumours about Mourinho.... surely it can't be right? Madrid fans that want him have surely not been paying close attention to him.

Also, they have a few young players, so getting him would mean their development will stall.

@giorno @carvajal do you think Mourinho is being realistically considered?
After Jose got sacked, there were plenty of reports that Perez pretty much told Ed not to hire him and he is nothing but divisive and petty at this stage of his career.

So it wouldn't surprise me if the rumours were being driven by Jose and his agent. Jose has also been shipping himself all over TV because he has no job offer on hand for the summer and he looks desperate after two consecutive failures.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
After Jose got sacked, there were plenty of reports that Perez pretty much told Ed not to hire him and he is nothing but divisive and petty at this stage of his career.

So it wouldn't surprise me if the rumours were being driven by Jose and his agent. Jose has also been shipping himself all over TV because he has no job offer on hand for the summer and he looks desperate after two consecutive failures.
Oh I didn't realise Perez was possibly one of those advising against Jose.

Yes I can see Jose and Mendes pushing this narrative...

Would be extremely strange for Perez to invest in young talent and then hire Jose imho.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Would like to see Poch “trophies are for egos” surviving at Real Madrid :wenger:

Seriously now though, he might be a good fit considering all their young talent they have - if they give him some time to build something - which we know Madrid are not renowned for. Maybe take Eriksen and Kane/Hazard with him.

the_irish123

They should have a big summer this time around.

They need:

1) a striker; Benzema is playing pretty much every minute and even if they can’t get a Harry Kane they’ve been needing a more pure goalscorer to rotate with him since Morata left two years ago.

Piatek/Jovic/Icardi, someone along those lines. They did sign Rodrygo though and I think he’ll join next season, if he’s as good as I’ve been hearing he is then there might be no need.
Rodrygo is not a striker, and he's younger than Vinicius and less physically developed.

Icardi would be an awful signing. I think they will go for Kane.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Some of the "gifts" that Atletico fans threw at Courtois...

It'd be interesting how they would welcome De Gea if United played there. He basically wanted to join Real, but the deal fell through. Is he a rat also?

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Can't see Jose going to Real Madrid again soon, it's probably possible in future if he sorts himself out and proves he's still capable somewhere else. He wants PSG job by the look of it.

RM will go for Poch and Eriksen I think. Wondering if they've already had their heads turned?

What they need more than anything is a goal scorer though. They've not played bad in the two classicos just can't put the ball in the net. They'll probably go for Mbappe as the primary target.

SirAF

Ageist
Can't see Jose going to Real Madrid again soon, it's probably possible in future if he sorts himself out and proves he's still capable somewhere else. He wants PSG job by the look of it.

RM will go for Poch and Eriksen I think. Wondering if they've already had their heads turned?

What they need more than anything is a goal scorer though. They've not played bad in the two classicos just can't put the ball in the net. They'll probably go for Mbappe as the primary target.

I’d expect that as well. This is the first time in a long time that Real is without a proper «Galactico», they need to sort something out in the summer.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
De Gea was Atletico’s captain before he joined United.
Yeah i know but i meant that they wouldn't send rats if De Gea was to play against Real because rats are for players that play for Real after playing for Atletico. DDG would be in the opposing team.

DDG won't have the chance to play against Real this year though.... (ok sorry that was a mean PSG fan joke ^^)

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
It'd be interesting how they would welcome De Gea if United played there. He basically wanted to join Real, but the deal fell through. Is he a rat also?
Courtois is a dick. He previously said very negative stuff about Real in an attempt to win over Atletico fans so him then signing for the enemy went down very badly.

De Gea seems to be a pretty quiet guy and handled his transfers professionally.

2 man midfield

If he played for Madrid? Almost certainly
Because he would have joined them, but for an 11th hour feck up by Perez. If United somehow progress on Wednesday and draw Atletico, how would he be greeted by their fans? Because everyone basically knows he wanted to join Real.

Courtois is a dick. He previously said very negative stuff about Real in an attempt to win over Atletico fans so him then signing for the enemy went down very badly.

De Gea seems to be a pretty quiet guy and handled his transfers professionally.
True. De Gea did handle the whole thing very well, I'll have to read up about some of the stuff Courtois has said.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Because he would have joined them, but for an 11th hour feck up by Perez. If United somehow progress on Wednesday and draw Atletico, how would he be greeted by their fans? Because everyone basically knows he wanted to join Real.

True. De Gea did handle the whole thing very well, I'll have to read up about some of the stuff Courtois has said.
I've seen a video of him singing that Real fans should feck themselves in the arse.

Just the usual badge-kissing, players pretending to be fans bullshit that you see in order to win favour.

2 man midfield

I've seen a video of him singing that Real fans should feck themselves in the arse.

Just the usual badge-kissing, players pretending to be fans bullshit that you see in order to win favour.
:lol: He does sound like a twat tbf

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Bale for your team is like Sanchez for ours, overpaid, washed up and injury prone players.
Except Bale delivered an great performance in a couple of huge ECL matchs, including last year's final. Sanchez never made any difference at all.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!

Anything recently linking Jose to PSG?

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Except Bale delivered an great performance in a couple of huge ECL matchs, including last year's final. Sanchez never made any difference at all.
I'm not talking about them currently. I'm fairly sure Real Madrid fans don't care about Bale's previous exploits.
Anything recently linking Jose to PSG?
Nothing. They're from a football POV, very incompatible

SoCross

This is a team that has won 4 champions league titles in this decade. We will have the young folk of the next generation, those who are around 11,12 years of age believing that this team was the best team this decade had to offer.

How would you respond?