Real Madrid need to get ready for a terrible season | It’s happening

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Apart from the personal problem, I think Solari is not a big fan of Isco.
Ramos said the other day that his problem is difficult to fix.
I think Marcelo had to go to the bench. If you punish Isco, Asensio, or Navas, you also have to be fair and give him some kind of reprimand.
The problem is that Reguilón has his limitations,today he lost countless balls.
I liked Valverde and Ceballos continues to show that he has a lot of personality and that he needs confidence and a coach to polish certain things.
Solari doing what the club wants, to play young, but excessively defensive, again.

crossy1686

career ending
Two ways this can go. Jose gets the job and hopefully outcasts all the young talent there so we can pick up a bargain or Pochettino gets the job, which means Ole definitely gets the United job and if Ole doesn't work out by the end of next season, Pochettino will be available after being sacked and have the 'Madrid' out of his system. Win, win.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
"After the meeting with the board Florentino Will go ahead with the talks for Piątek(will match Milan offer)"
It's only a ITK,but I am desperate for a delicious transfer

tentan

Poor man's poster.
I think Madrid should change their formation. Go back to a 4-2-3-1 like under Mourinho or something. I think the 4-3-3 is in decline for them.

----------------Courtois
Carvajal---Varane---Ramos---Marcelo
-----------Casemiro---Kroos-----------
Bale-----------Modric----------Asensio
---------------Benzema------------------

Owngoalscorer

Two ways this can go. Jose gets the job and hopefully outcasts all the young talent there so we can pick up a bargain or Pochettino gets the job, which means Ole definitely gets the United job and if Ole doesn't work out by the end of next season, Pochettino will be available after being sacked and have the 'Madrid' out of his system. Win, win.
Sounds wicked !

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Well, Agentbernabeu has failed me and It seems that we won't have striker.
Now it is "done" with Militao.
Porto is generally a good place to buy, although these Portuguese are a bit scammers sometimes.
If you are lucky you can get Pepe or Carvalho,but maybe Mangala or Secretario :D

0le

Wouldn't bet against it happening.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Well, Agentbernabeu has failed me and It seems that we won't have striker.
Now it is "done" with Militao.
Porto is generally a good place to buy, although these Portuguese are a bit scammers sometimes.
If you are lucky you can get Pepe or Carvalho,but maybe Mangala or Secretario :D
For June :houllier:

I just don't get it...

Idxomer

They found form in the last month or so and now their league campaign doesn't look as bad as it did before, probably going to finish on more points than last season too.

If they reach semi-finals in CL and finish 2nd in La Liga, it wouldn't be a terrible season especially after losing Ronaldo and Zidane and not adequately replacing them.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
They lost Ronaldo and Zidane but the players they've added to the squad are all proving their worth. Vinicius, Reguilon, Odriozola and Courtois have all been very good signings and Solari has done very well too.

Ajax seem to be in poor form, currently losing to Heracles and about to throw the league title away, lost 6-2 vs Feyenoord a few weeks ago too. What seemed like it could be an upset now seems very straightforward.

izec

They dont look as good on paper compared to previous seasons, but somehow still win their games recently and play quite decent compared to the start of the season. They are a well oiled machine and it wasnt by accident they won 3 consecutive CL campaigns, they still have most of that core and that experience and know how to win any game when it gets tough. Their key players are ageing, but they found a nice balance with some youngsters. I still dont expect them to win the league or CL of course, but seems like their season will turn out to be not as bad as it looked like.

If they go on and spend nicely in the summer, they will be back to winning ways quite quickly i imagine. But they need to strengthen and upgrade key areas.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Form picks up just as CL KO rounds start. Typical.
This. They've sorted themselves out playing Viniscus as a starter and rotating left back and a couple of other positions. Benzema and Casemiro hitting form key too. They'll be in the mix for trophies again this season.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
They lost Ronaldo and Zidane but the players they've added to the squad are all proving their worth. Vinicius, Reguilon, Odriozola and Courtois have all been very good signings and Solari has done very well too.

Ajax seem to be in poor form, currently losing to Heracles and about to throw the league title away, lost 6-2 vs Feyenoord a few weeks ago too. What seemed like it could be an upset now seems very straightforward.
Yep in December i really thought too that Ajax could win the tie against Real Madrid (like PSG will easily beat us over two legs).......right now i give Ajax maybe a 20% chance.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
I think Madrid are not as bad as it seemed before and not as good as it seems now either.

During the Lopetegui days many key players were in very low form after the World Cup and I think that seriously affected the performances and the dynamics. I still remember those players getting involved in friendly games with barely no preparation after getting back. Now, they play much better, and it can be said that it's a very good team what we see, but I think that in Europe the difference is made by the Cristianos, Messis, Suarezs, Salahs etc, and sadly not by inexperienced talented Brazilians or Lucas Vazquezs.

Solari deserves a lot of credit though.

el3mel

They have been very good lately and with this rate the season can end in a much better position and shape than the dross seen from them in the first half.

RoyH1

I think Madrid are not as bad as it seemed before and not as good as it seems now either.

During the Lopetegui days many key players were in very low form after the World Cup and I think that seriously affected the performances and the dynamics. I still remember those players getting involved in friendly games with barely no preparation after getting back. Now, they play much better, and it can be said that it's a very good team what we see, but I think that in Europe the difference is made by the Cristianos, Messis, Suarezs, Salahs etc, and sadly not by inexperienced talented Brazilians or Lucas Vazquezs.

Solari deserves a lot of credit though.
Yeah, a lot of them were exhausted after the WC. Modric should have been rested and used much more sparingly. Solari's best move as a manager was bringing back Antonio Pintus as trainer.

Seij

Seems to be getting into their usual "alright, Champions League knockout stages are starting. Let's start giving shite" mode again.

Meanwhile, Barcelona are looking like it wouldn't be surprising for them to get knocked out by Quarters yet again.

Story of every Champions league last few years.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
"Modric will retire at Madrid" "he extends his contract one year, ending in 2021. He will be one of the best paid in the team"

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
0-3. Out of the Copa del Rey, dizzy and confused. Another Madrid-Barça this weekend, which could kill the Liga for them.
Seriously what's left for them? Ajax out and then what? PSG in quarter-finals? Barça?

It's over. Terrible post-CR season indeed.

el3mel

They had actually improved a little bit results wise recently and had a good first leg result. Today's game is pretty weird.

wr8_utd

:'(
They had actually improved a little bit results wise recently and had a good first leg result. Today's game is pretty weird.
They've been very poor since the Barca first leg. Their performances vs Girona, Ajax and Levante have been very below par. They were just unlucky today.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Barca were clinical, Madrid were wasteful

It’s insane how much Barca own the heck out of Madrid in their stadium.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Was expecting to read about the next managerial sacking now.

manutddjw

I thought Real Madrid were doing great today. The 3-0 score line isn’t a reflection of the play today.

Obviously he has some work to do but that Vinicius is something special. Hopefully he won’t pay his taxes and we’ll stand a chance at getting him in the future.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I thought Real Madrid were doing great today. The 3-0 score line isn’t a reflection of the play today.

Obviously he has some work to do but that Vinicius is something special. Hopefully he won’t pay his taxes and we’ll stand a chance at getting him in the future.
I just watched the highlights. Yes, their attacking play seems to all revolve around Vinicius. They need 1 or 2 more of his ilk for their attack. I saw Bale came on and belted the ball almost out of the stadium. Surely he's not just happy picking up his wages their anymore, the CL trophies have dried up (almost certainly) and the fans really don't like (not even his teammates).

Are they playing each other in the league this weekend?

Suedesi

Thought they dominated first half, but were unlucky with finishing.
Then once Barca scored, they wrestled control.
Vinicius looked very good.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
I just watched the highlights. Yes, their attacking play seems to all revolve around Vinicius. They need 1 or 2 more of his ilk for their attack. I saw Bale came on and belted the ball almost out of the stadium. Surely he's not just happy picking up his wages their anymore, the CL trophies have dried up (almost certainly) and the fans really don't like (not even his teammates).

Are they playing each other in the league this weekend?
Yes they play this Saturday