Real Madrid need to get ready for a terrible season | It’s happening

flappyjay

I think he was more successfull with that system at Juve, Italy or Chelsea, but I remember when he arrived at Chelsea starting with a back 4. Not very succesfull must be said. It will be hilarious watching Ramos, Varane and Nacho and him freaking out with Ramos brainfarts. :lol:
Marcelo as a wing back could be tasty though

Slevs

likes to play with penises
At least he nailed the Lucas for Varane sub :drool:
You had control of the game for 20 minutes after that sub. If he had replaced Isco with Asenjio in that period, you'd have conpleted the comeback.

flappyjay

That's the problem. Both are playmakers. They are not direct. They won't get you goals. They won't kill teams.
That Madrid attack won't score enough goals under any manager .
Same as the Spanish team. A lot of good technical midfielders and attacking midfielders but not enough regular goal getters

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Selling their 50 goal a season CF and then hedging their bets on Bale staying fit :lol:

One of the worst decisions ever taken by a top club.
It really is. Whoever is responsible for their failure to sign an attacker needs sacking. Monumental mistake.

freeurmind

weak willed
Toni Kroos looks more like Tom Cleverly these days. What on earth has happened to him?

Ahsan_6386

If they sign players from other UCL clubs in winter transfer are those players still allowed to play Champions league ?

If yes then I can see them bidding big for Hazard, Sterling and Skiniar probably . Have a bad feeling that if Martial doesnt sign a new contract soon then they might even try for him considering his current good form .

Suvvernmanc

Yeah things dont look great do they? But selling ronaldo without buying a replacement striker was pure stupidity on perez' part. Benzema has spent the last few seasons being a playmaker for Ronaldo while not spending enough time on his own game so i don't think he was ever going to step up and score enough goals.

Also, i cant help but think during Zidanes time at the bernabeu that he wasn't backed properly. Maybe he felt he didnt need any additions or maybe it was perez. But during his time their he only bought 6 players and none of them were bought as a starter -Vinicius Júnior
Alvaro Morata
Theo Hernandez
Dani Ceballos
Martin ödegaard
Eero Markkanen

A couple of future prospects but none with the quality that they now need. Real obvioulsly had a top first 11 and i know it is difficult to bring in real quality unless there is a starting place but questions are now being asked of the quality of the team without Ronaldo.

Who ever comes in will need to be backed and with a very large amount of money!

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
If they sign players from other UCL clubs in winter transfer are those players still allowed to play Champions league ?

If yes then I can see them bidding big for Hazard, Sterling and Skiniar probably . Have a bad feeling that if Martial doesnt sign a new contract soon then they might even try for him considering his current good form .
Yes

Seij

Don't really follow La Liga at the moment. Just seen the result today and noticed Madrid are pretty much in our position. :lol:

Wonder who will sack their manager first.
Easiest question ever. People criticize Madrid's board for being too trigger happy in sacking their managers and there is definitely some truth to it, but it's a much preferable alternative to what Woodward does with our managers dragging out our suffering for at least 6 months until it becomes mathematically impossible for us to qualify for the CL.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
They should have gone all our for Hazard and Lewandowski. Even though the later is in decline.
Hazard, Lewa and Bale would have been a lot better than the crap they have out there.
What the feck are they going to do with Lucas, Mariano and co?

AshRK

Selling their 50 goal a season CF and then hedging their bets on Bale staying fit :lol:

One of the worst decisions ever taken by a top club.
Replacing sir alex with moyes or letting Tevez and Ronaldo go and replace them with owen and Valencia.

dove

Easiest question ever. People criticize Madrid's board for being too trigger happy in sacking their managers and there is definitely some truth to it, but it's a much preferable alternative to what Woodward does with our managers dragging out our suffering for at least 6 months until it becomes mathematically impossible for us to qualify for the CL.
They just don't accept mediocrity. Team is not performing and it's shaping to be a bad season = you are out. What we do instead? Delay the inevitable by haggling over a few million for compensation and wait until our season is officially fecked. And unlike La Liga where you will finish 4th at worst, we finish out of TOP 4, miss next year's CL and a huge amount of money due to it.

Enigma_87

You know who
If that doesn't sack him, I don't know what will.

At least they scored today. :D

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Interested to see how those mega-ego's at RM handle Conte's fiery personality and ultra demanding training methods. Seems like a terrible match for that club, tbh.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Is that Real dressing room just going to disrespect every non-fancy coach? I feel like they didn't give Benitez and Lopetegui any chance at all.

sp_107

Toni Kroos looks more like Tom Cleverly these days. What on earth has happened to him?
All this Madrid mess proves again the point, a right manager would make hell lot of difference to any player includes a readymade world-class one

Don't think the current RM Madrid is capable of getting best out of the players

Enigma_87

You know who
Is that Real dressing room just going to disrespect every non-fancy coach? I feel like they didn't give Benitez and Lopetegui any chance at all.
Their team is in a right mess tho. The core won it all on all levels and there is bound to be some complacency. Modric, Kroos will begin to fade, Benzema and Bale can't be trusted to replace Ronaldo's goals.

They needed to invest heavily this Summer to keep up with Barca and they didn't. Lopetegui is also out of his dept like Moyes was. They've screwed so many things for such a short period of time so it isn't really surprising what is happening to them this season.

Watched some parts of the game against Plzen - they struggled even against them.

El-Buitre

Supports
Real Madrid
They weren't playing any better last season though, Modric has been playing like this for a year now. Kroos even worse. And the attack Ronaldo aside has always been completely average. The defensive problems are nothing new either.

They don't have one of the top 5 squads in the world despite getting rated that way, plenty of overrated players in the team.
And yet we won 4 of the last 5 CL???? you don't make any sense.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Replacing sir alex with moyes or letting Tevez and Ronaldo go and replace them with owen and Valencia.
Well next two seasons Man. United won the league and finished one point off Chelsea in 09/10. Also reached a CL final.

Real Madrid will do very well to match that I think.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
And yet we won 4 of the last 5 CL???? you don't make any sense.
You won 4 of the last 5 Champions Leagues despite not having enough quality to pull off a feat like that. I don't believe I'll ever see a team do something like that again, it was incredible what those players achieved.

I'm not saying those are crap players, just that a lot of them are overrated because of what they achieved, their reputation comes from their trophy cabinet rather than what they show on the pitch.

Eddy_JukeZ

I didn't think they'd be this bad, but I thought they would have signed a galactico to replace Ronaldo.

Really bad summer from them. Lope has got to go ASAP.

Amazingly, it just speaks volumes to how incredible SAF was that without Ronaldo the following season, we still challenged for the Prem(and probably win were it not for Rooney's injury).