Real Madrid need to get ready for a terrible season | It’s happening

Cezzine

Supports
Real Madrid
Mariano wasn't better than Mbappé, the only way to say something like that would be if you haven't watched Lyon and PSG last season.
That is your oppinion, just that. We are obviously talking only about the French League.

Also if the only thing you are looking at his goals scored.
Not only about goals, its everything. Saying one teared the league into pieces while the other in a far worse team, also being young and his first year in that league, is more being a fanboy than objetive.

It looks so different because one is the French golden boy that cost 180M while the other guy was a young Hispanic Dominican guy, who didn't played in Madrid because they had CR7, Bale, Benzema, Isco, Asensio, Lucas, Morata and James fighting for the same 3 spots.

I also think Mbappe is better as a player, but I don't hink he was much better last season in the French League.

But then it shows that you don't know Lyon, any striker for Lyon will score an healthy amount of goals, their stats are slightly inflated. One thing that Genesio deserves credit for is that his teams create chances for fun against everyone. They are just not consistent.

Mariano has qualities though but he needs to be more present in the game and while it's good to be very confident sometimes he needs to think twice before shooting from +30 meters.
You can't say that when you are comparing Lyon to PSG, its much easier to score goals when you have Neymar, Cavani, Di Maria, etc playing woth you in attack, and you dominate the other teams just every game. Its not even a fair comparison.

Mariano is a striker, his qualities are being a goalscorer, a poacher. He is quick, he fights every ball, he is intelligent. He definitely doesn't gets as involved int he game as Mbappe, but they have different roles and are very different kind of players.

Shooting from +30 meters shows he has that much confidence. There was another guy in Madrid that made that 100 times per game and managed to win the Ballon D'or 5 times haha. It can get people mad, it happened with me with Ronaldo, but its part of being a striker.

Sure, a 26 year old Neymar at the peak of his abilities is clearly a fair comparison to a 19 year old just coming into his own. Mbeppe must indeed be terrible.. If you actually watched any French football you'd have seen a 19 year old making highly experienced players look like absolute mugs, with some outrageous displays of talent. No, at 19 he's not scoring 40 goals a season yet, but then again no sensible person would have expected him to.

Bullshit.

Yes, all you see is stats. That is very obvious.

I watched him over 30 times last season, and I'm basing my opinion on that. If you want to sit and look only at stats then you go right ahead, but I'll continue to trust my own eyes. If Chelsea had bought Diaz I would have been absolutely appalled.
What the hell are you talking about??

I don't fecking care how old is Mbappe, being young doesn't means anything, its not an argument to say that you tear in pieces a League! It helps to say that it was a great League for his age, but tearing it is the same if you have 19, 26 or 33 as Ronaldo.

Tearing a League is what the Brazilian Ronaldo did with Barcelona when he was 18, what Ronaldo made with United when he was 21/22, or what Messi made with Barcelona when he was also 21 (Ronaldo and Messi were scoring 40 goals in a season while playing in much better leagues than the French and also being very young huh?...)

What Mbappe did was a very good performance for his age, only that. Very far from tearing anyting.

In fact, the only thing he teared in all the season was Argentina in the World Cup, that's it. So stop please all that hype, the boy is great for his age but still far from being up there with the top players.

So I don't care what you saw, it doesn't changes anything. Mbappe is a guy that for getting him you have to pay more than 200M, and guarantee him a place as a starter and superstar wages (in a possition that Madrid has already covered), while Mariano was bought for 22M for being a replace for Benzema, and with his age is an amazing option for getting better and then, if he gets good enough, he will take the place of Benzema as a starter, or will be sold for the triple of money he was bought, as Madrid made with Morata, precisely selling him to Chelsea...

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
What? Absolute nonsense, it has a heavy Madrid focus.
Focus in a negative sense, sure, like a stalker.

But supporting the club and being positive? That could've been true a decade ago.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
What the hell are you talking about??

I don't fecking care how old is Mbappe, being young doesn't means anything, its not an argument to say that you tear in pieces a League! It helps to say that it was a great League for his age, but tearing it is the same if you have 19, 26 or 33 as Ronaldo.

Tearing a League is what the Brazilian Ronaldo did with Barcelona when he was 18, what Ronaldo made with United when he was 21/22, or what Messi made with Barcelona when he was also 21 (Ronaldo and Messi were scoring 40 goals in a season while playing in much better leagues than the French and also being very young huh?...)

What Mbappe did was a very good performance for his age, only that. Very far from tearing anyting.

In fact, the only thing he teared in all the season was Argentina in the World Cup, that's it. So stop please all that hype, the boy is great for his age but still far from being up there with the top players.

So I don't care what you saw, it doesn't changes anything. Mbappe is a guy that for getting him you have to pay more than 200M, and guarantee him a place as a starter and superstar wages (in a possition that Madrid has already covered), while Mariano was bought for 22M for being a replace for Benzema, and with his age is an amazing option for getting better and then, if he gets good enough, he will take the place of Benzema as a starter, or will be sold for the triple of money he was bought, as Madrid made with Morata, precisely selling him to Chelsea...
Look, you're clearly just a Madrid fan who can't bear to hear that your returning player was pretty shite last year. You've talked a lot of crap about the French league while making it absolutely obvious that you don't actually watch French football. Now you're straying into absolute bizzaro-land about Mbappe, just because you want to try and big up Mariano.

Just stop. Seriously, We've all said that Diaz might go on to surprise us at Madrid, but that doesn't magically rewrite history and make him into some legend of Ligue 1 on his performances last year.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
But then it shows that you don't know Lyon, any striker for Lyon will score an healthy amount of goals, their stats are slightly inflated. One thing that Genesio deserves credit for is that his teams create chances for fun against everyone. They are just not consistent.

Mariano has qualities though but he needs to be more present in the game and while it's good to be very confident sometimes he needs to think twice before shooting from +30 meters.
What do you mean by being more present in the game? Playmaking? Finishing? A little bit of everything?

I say this because I think Madrid has plenty of playmakers (Asensio, Isco, Benzema, Bale, Modric, Kroos, perhaps Vinicius) and not enough finishers. So if Mariano's main problem is his lack of playmaking abilities I don't think it's too serious, especially if he's going to part from the bench.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
What do you mean by being more present in the game? Playmaking? Finishing? A little bit of everything?

I say this because I think Madrid has plenty of playmakers (Asensio, Isco, Benzema, Bale, Modric, Kroos, perhaps Vinicius) and not enough finishers. So if Mariano's main problem is his lack of playmaking abilities I don't think it's too serious, especially if he's going to part from the bench.
With Lyon Mariano had the tendency to spend a lot of time out of the box, in places where he wasn't going to score and since he isn't really a playmaker Lyon were basically playing with one less player in attack. He needs to either commit to the poacher style or develop his overall game and continue to move everywhere like he currently does.

Edit: In terms of style he thinks that he is Benzema when he is in fact closer to a Klose.

Schneckerl

Focus in a negative sense, sure, like a stalker.
I only read game reports and player evaluations/ratings and those seem the exact opposite of anti-Madrid to me. Don't know about their stories/rumors to be honest.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

All I see is that Fekir had 22 goals and 8 assists vs Mariano's 21 goals and 7 assists.
Striker vs Midfielder.
And Mariano doesn't know how to do anything besides shooting.
Comparing Mariano to Fekir is laughable and any Lyon fan would tell you as much.

Mariano was maybe Lyon's 8th best player behind Depay,Fekir,Traore,Ndombele,Mendy,Lopes and Aouar

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I only read game reports and player evaluations/ratings and those seem the exact opposite of anti-Madrid to me. Don't know about their stories/rumors to be honest.
You guys don't get it, the average madridista is worse than a rawkite, any paper that asks whether real madrid is or isn't better than sliced bread is automatically anti-madridista

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I mean I’m certainly not Ramos’ biggest fan but that’s just outrageous. He’s a leader, a fighter, a ball playing defender who is solid in defense, something our back line hasn’t had since Vida/Rio. Oh and he actually stays on the pitch and not on the trainers table. Besides, the way our defense is playing right now, that’s just :houllier: to say. Look like academy defenders out there.
I'm amazed at how many people can't detect the exxageration in my post and figured most would know that for the most part my tongue is firmly planted in my cheek, but I guess I have too much faith in people.

OK....So he wouldn't be our worst defender. But the guy is still extremely over rated. As for staying on the field:

http://www.espn.com/soccer/real-mad...s-breaks-record-with-19th-red-card-in-la-liga

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
I'm amazed at how many people can't detect the exxageration in my post and figured most would know that for the most part my tongue is firmly planted in my cheek, but I guess I have too much faith in people.

OK....So he wouldn't be our worst defender. But the guy is still extremely over rated. As for staying on the field:

http://www.espn.com/soccer/real-mad...s-breaks-record-with-19th-red-card-in-la-liga
Quite sadly, the difference between idiocy and irony/exagerattion/sarcasm in Internet is hard to detect when a large crowd is involved.

For stayining on the field an average Joe is enough. To make the difference scoring decisive goals vs Bayern, Atletico, while having very good defensive performances I will take Ramos please.

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
You guys don't get it, the average madridista is worse than a rawkite, any paper that asks whether real madrid is or isn't better than sliced bread is automatically anti-madridista
Or maybe some Madridistas are worse because even when they win a historic 3-peat, they'd just nag 24/7, calling themselves objective and whatnot.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Quite sadly, the difference between idiocy and irony/exagerattion/sarcasm in Internet is hard to detect when a large crowd is involved.

For stayining on the field an average Joe is enough. To make the difference scoring decisive goals vs Bayern, Atletico, while having very good defensive performances I will take Ramos please.
Yes, he comes up with some big goals. No doubt. But his first job is to defend. Goals are a bonus. And defending is not his strong suit. I'm still amazed at how many people are tricked into thinking he is world class. He has great leadership skills. No doubt. But his defending is horrible, and as a central defender, that's your first job...

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Yes, he comes up with some big goals. No doubt. But his first job is to defend. Goals are a bonus. And defending is not his strong suit. I'm still amazed at how many people are tricked into thinking he is world class. He has great leadership skills. No doubt. But his defending is horrible, and as a central defender, that's your first job...
But, he is great in the air, his pace allows Real to play a high line is great on the ball and might be the best CB ever in terms of attacking set pieces. He does not deserve all his best defender awards and to make the World Team of the Year every year but, he is still a great player.

el3mel

A bad season for Madrid is a season without major trophies, even finishing second or third is considered failure for them if not accompanied by CL or Cup win, so this thread is still on till they win a major trophy this season.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
This thread should probably just be called Real Madrid 2018-19, as I reckon Madrid will do well enough this season.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
But, he is great in the air, his pace allows Real to play a high line is great on the ball and might be the best CB ever in terms of attacking set pieces. He does not deserve all his best defender awards and to make the World Team of the Year every year but, he is still a great player.
Great footballer...not a great defender. Reminds me of David Luiz in a way. He's a player who has talent. Just seems as though he is playing in the wrong position. Perhaps he would have been better as a DM with players behind him...

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Or maybe some Madridistas are worse because even when they win a historic 3-peat, they'd just nag 24/7, calling themselves objective and whatnot.
Nag what? Come on. As is anti-madridista because it's not a PR extension of the club like Sport or MD for barcelona. That's the extent of their anti-madridismo. They employ Roncero ffs

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Great footballer...not a great defender. Reminds me of David Luiz in a way. He's a player who has talent. Just seems as though he is playing in the wrong position. Perhaps he would have been better as a DM with players behind him...
Sergio Ramos is a phenomenal defender when he's locked in. His only real problems are he tends to lose focus and concentration a bit too easily, especially against weaker teams, and sometimes gets in his own head or lets opponents get into his head(Diego Costa always manages to goad him into cnutish competitions)

Even so, he's still one of the best defenders in the world

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
So Sergio Ramos who has won everything there is to win at both club level and for national team, every trophy as undisputed starter to the team and a leader is questioned whether he is good enough, or is he among the best in the world?

He is class, yes he is reckless and switches off sometimes but overall he is just superb defender. He is best in the world and always among the best in the world in last 10 years, probably from even longer.

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
Nag what? Come on. As is anti-madridista because it's not a PR extension of the club like Sport or MD for barcelona. That's the extent of their anti-madridismo. They employ Roncero ffs
LOL what? Forget not being a PR extension, it's published billions of bullshit "news" about the club. Ten Ronceros wouldn't change that, he's just there to make them look like Madridistas in the eyes of the unaware.

MrEleson

Nothing like David Luiz. Ramos is actually a World Class defender and not just good at the other aspects of the game. He just tends to lose his head easily. David Luiz isn't a great defender at all.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Is his first job to defend? Yes, and that's what he does.

Are goals a bonus? No, they are not. Goals are a very important factor to get you victories, which is what every team aims for.

Is he world class? Yes, he is. The problem is that there are people, in 2018, who still think he's NOT, after more than a decade playing top tier football.

Is his defending horrible? Absolutely not. Nothing further from the truth. You don't last more than 10 years at Real Madrid (especially here) and the Spanish NT if your defending is horrible.

Ramos is a player that elevates the quality of a team massively in almost every known aspect, but still some people speak about him as if he was some amateur division player. I don't know what's wrong here really.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
LOL what? Forget not being a PR extension, it's published billions of bullshit "news" about the club. Ten Ronceros wouldn't change that, he's just there to make them look like Madridistas in the eyes of the unaware.
Not about the club, about board related issues, because it happens that their war is against Florentino, not Real Madrid.

For a Madridista it might look like the same as hating on Real Madrid, but from an outside point of view, it isn't. It all started when *allegedly* Florentino helped Marca take down Calderon, and Calderon had allengiances/asked for help in AS, then the change of term came and most AS journos got nothing from Florentino while Marca were scooping everything ahead of time.

Only went worse as the biggest players AS built a relationship with (Salgado, Raul, Guti, Casillas and such) were being cleaned from the club and they started losing inside information to compete against Marca, leaving them isolated and still attacking Florentino in some edges, which translates to "antimadridista" for a lot of people.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid

Are goals a bonus? No, they are not. Goals are a very important factor to get you victories, which is what every team aims for.

Is he world class? Yes, he is. The problem is that there are people, in 2018, who still think he's NOT, after more than a decade playing top tier football.

Is his defending horrible? Absolutely not. Nothing further from the truth. You don't last more than 10 years at Real Madrid (especially here) and the Spanish NT if your defending is horrible.

Ramos is a player that elevates the quality of a team massively in almost every known aspect, but still some people speak about him as if he was some amateur division player. I don't know what's wrong here really.
Agree 100%

The funny thing is that they wait for Ramos to make a mistake to call him a shit defender while at the same time claiming de Gea is the best keeper in the world and closing their eyes from the blunders he makes himself.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Agree 100%

The funny thing is that they wait for Ramos to make a mistake to call him a shit defender while at the same time claiming de Gea is the best keeper in the world and closing their eyes from the blunders he makes himself.
Eh? DDG isn't the best keeper in the world?

JPRouve

Scout
Eh? DDG isn't the best keeper in the world?
He is saying that DDG's rare mistakes have no impacts on his status while Ramos's rare mistakes see him labelled as shit by some.

ivaldo

He is saying that DDG's rare mistakes have no impacts on his status while Ramos's rare mistakes see him labelled as shit by some.
I know what he's saying, but the anology is pretty poor. DDG is widely considered as the best keeper in the world. Such a claim fegarding Ramos is hugely debatable.

JPRouve

Scout
I know what he's saying, but the anology is pretty poor. DDG is widely considered as the best keeper in the world. Such a claim fegarding Ramos is hugely debatable.
I'm not sure about the widely, my experience could be wrong but most people have Neuer as the best goalkeeper and after him it's everyone giving a different name from Navas to Ter Stegen and De Gea.

ivaldo

I'm not sure about the widely, my experience could be wrong but most people have Neuer as the best goalkeeper and after him it's everyone giving a different name from Navas to Ter Stegen and De Gea.
I think it was the case up until about a year ago, but to me it's firmly shifted into DDGs favour.

JPRouve

Scout
I think it was the case up until about a year ago, but to me it's firmly shifted into DDGs favour.
I'm not sure where you saw the shift but fair enough.

JPRouve

Scout
Worth mentioning that De Gea has never been named European Goalkeeper of the Year or IFFHS Goalkeeper of the Year and has never made the World Team of the Year

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Best_European_Goalkeeper
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IFFHS_World's_Best_Goalkeeper
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFPro
I know, if there is a shift it's in favor of Oblak and even then it's only because Neuer was injured. De Gea because of United isn't rated as he probably should.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Sergio Ramos is a phenomenal defender when he's locked in. His only real problems are he tends to lose focus and concentration a bit too easily, especially against weaker teams, and sometimes gets in his own head or lets opponents get into his head(Diego Costa always manages to goad him into cnutish competitions)

Even so, he's still one of the best defenders in the world
Umm...so he's great when he's "locked in" and his only problem is "he tends to lose focus"....in other words, he's about as over rated as they come lol

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself

THIS

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
This has to be one of the worst video(image) analysis that I have seen.
How would you know? The video is 14 minutes long and you have replied to my post within a few minutes. Unless of course you have seen this before. If so, then please explain why it is so bad???

JPRouve

Scout
How would you know? The video is 14 minutes long and you have replied to my post within a few minutes. Unless of course you have seen this before. If so, then please explain why it is so bad???
Because most of the video is not an analysis, it's pure drivel about players that he likes. The moment where he actually look at plays he uses images not clips where you have no clue about the collective movements and at 6:13 he doesn't spot that Varane is the one that seem to forget offside traps and covers the striker while all the other defenders are pretty much on the same line.