Real Madrid v Liverpool build up

Who do you want to win?

• Real Madrid

• Real Madrid

• Liverpool(posters choosing this will be automatically banned)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Improved defence - they were shakey as hell today.

Clearly I don’t want Liverpool to win, but I suppose it’s nice to see two teams that I think are pretty fairly matched.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Madrid on paper atleast are an ideal team to face Liverpool. They defend deep and counter attack. Plus Liverpool can't afford to rest players in the league due to their feck up against Stoke and Wba.

No matter how much they rate VvD, their defense is still average. Madrid has to defend deep though, Pool's midfield isn't quality enough to create chances. They're good at breaking play but not at creating chances in front of a packed defense.

Last edited:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
What a joke of a ref today. One clear hand ball pen gets rejected and Liverpool score another goal following an obvious push off.

LordSpud

In an ideal world:

Chelsea win at the weekend and also win their remaining games.

Spurs win their remaining games.

Brighton (somehow) win or draw on the last game of the season meaning no Top 4 for Pool.

We keep 2nd and win the FA Cup.

Real Madrid win the CL final.

A lot of things need to fall into place before I can feel content about the remainder of this season!!

Witchking

But we have 20 PL titles ❤
That we do. Hopefully we are always ahead of Liverpool.

But come to think of it. The League Title difference is 2 and the CL difference is 2. Now CL will become 3 :(

Please gods of football, make Madrid win at any cost.

Dumbat12

Jammy cnuts. Both Liverpool and Real don't deserve to be in the final. Ugh

No Love

Stick a fiver on Madrid to win in 90 minutes, Sergio Ramos to score and also be booked.

marktan

If Madrid have no injuries and line up properly I'd have them as slight favourites (obviously a final so anything can happen). Kroos, Modric, Casemiro in midfield would provide enough cover against Pool's front 3, and have enough attacking quality. The front 3 for Madrid will be crucial though, Benzema has to start, and imo it has to be one of Asensio or Bale for the other spot. Isco's good but he's a midfielder, not an attacker, and he was poor in the first leg against Bayern.

If Zidane doesn't try to complicate it too much then Madrid should do well, I do see Liverpool scoring though, but equally Madrid should get some too.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Fecking hell, Norwegian broadcasters are having a proper scouse wankfest with John Arne Riise and Carragher. They've already handed out the trophy.

saivet

3-1 Madrid is my prediction

Liverpool have played weak teams so far apart from City. Even with City, I had them as favorites as they have proved to match up well against them in previous fixtures.

I just think Madrid have too much quality over the pitch and will have options from the bench, something that Liverpool lack.

Away from Anfield against the big sides in the league this season.

Man City: Lost 5-0
Man Utd: Lost 2-1
Spurs: Lost 4-1
Chelsea: n/a
Arsenal: Drew 3-3

I'm not ruling them out, but they're big underdogs. Similar to CL finals in 2005, 2007, 2011 and 2012 involving English team.

Last edited:

SirAF

Ageist
Fecking hell, Norwegian broadcasters are having a proper scouse wankfest with John Arne Riise and Carragher. They've already handed out the trophy.
I’ve heard rumours.. no fecking way am I watching that shite. Hala Madrid! I’ll even buy the fecking final shirt with Ronaldo #7 if they win :lol:

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
I thought Carragher was banned from TV until August? He should hang his head in shame.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Can see Liverpool winning this.

It won't be 0-0 anyway.

automaticflare

If Liverpool can turn over the ball they can easily expose Marcelo with salah pace. Madrid midfield of Kroos and modric have won games agains the best pressing team ever in Barcelona so they won’t fear the press but that doesn’t mean that Liverpool won’t turn them over. I think it will be a close game

haram

Play the ball over the top of Arnold and it’s over.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Madrid on paper atleast are an ideal team to face Liverpool. They defend deep and counter attack. Plus Liverpool can't afford to rest players in the league due to their feck up against Stoke and Wba.

No matter how much they rate VvD, their defense is still average. Madrid has to defend deep though, that midfield isn't quality enough to create chances. They're good at breaking play but not at creating chances in front of a packed defense.
Agree with many things in that post, only re bolded part. They play CL final 13 days after Brighton.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Real Madrid will win. Liverpool are shocking defensively, they won't be able to keep out Madrid while Madrid will have enough control and unlike Roma and others, will actually take their chances.

Theonas

Scout
If Liverpool can turn over the ball they can easily expose Marcelo with salah pace. Madrid midfield of Kroos and modric have won games agains the best pressing team ever in Barcelona so they won’t fear the press but that doesn’t mean that Liverpool won’t turn them over. I think it will be a close game
When did that happen? Barcelona have barely been a pressing team, let alone the best ever for a long time now. I think Real should win but definitely not because of that.

Pagh Wraith

First CL final in like a decade I'm not terribly excited about. I'll watch of course but not really sure who to support.

Theonas

Scout
Real Madrid will win. Liverpool are shocking defensively, they won't be able to keep out Madrid while Madrid will have enough control and unlike Roma and others, will actually take their chances.
That lot don't even need chances to take. They'll just score anyway.

RoyH1

Madrid’s final record is unreal. Expect their experience to count. Liverpool might have Salah, but Ronaldo, Modric, Ramos and Marcelo have enough in the tank to win another CL.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I feel nauseated. cnuts!

Please Ronaldo, one more time for the lads. I'm begging you like I'd beg my ex for a pity feck!

Treble

Ronaldo will score a hat-trick. Feel free to quote me.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
First time in years I've actually been interested in a CL final. Should be an interesting match but I think Madrid's experience and grit will win them the game. That said, Liverpool's speed in transition will be difficult for them to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.