Reality-Monopoly Draft

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Great video @harms A reminder when CL group games were actually exciting
I think it was the first year of the new system - unlike in the previous seasons, only 2 second-placed teams from 6 groups proceeded forward. Suddenly those games between 2 group favorites were transformed from borefests to exciting encounters, with both teams trying their best to win.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
That's much appreciated thank you. When is the deadline for the matches?

Things are pretty fecked up. Sorry if this is a bit heavy but my father was in an accident and died a few weeks ago. My half brother has been dealing with it really badly and tried to kill himself today.
That's horrible, hope that you and your family will be alright (not even sure how to word it right).

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG

Things are pretty fecked up. Sorry if this is a bit heavy but my father was in an accident and died a few weeks ago. My half brother has been dealing with it really badly and tried to kill himself today.
Hope you will remain strong.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
@Edgar Allan Pillow @Skizzo

I'm really, really sorry but something serious has come up at home. I can't go into much detail but I'm going to be back up the hospital again for a couple of days. It's related to the previous incident. Is there any chance we can move the match please?

Keep strong mate.

Drafts will keep. And feel free to PM me if you need any help in writeup or lineups etc.

Oaencha

Thank you for the kind words everyone. Sorry to drop that bomb. My gf is abroad with work and my mother is a mess; just needed to tell someone. Fortunately my brother is a prat and failed. I'm going to feckin' kill him myself when he wakes up!

I know how my team will set up but I just have to write it down. I will try and do it in thd hospital but I will be ready before the weekend.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Thank you for the kind words everyone. Sorry to drop that bomb. My gf is abroad with work and my mother is a mess; just needed to tell someone. Fortunately my brother is a prat and failed. I'm going to feckin' kill him myself when he wakes up!

I know how my team will set up but I just have to write it down. I will try and do it in thd hospital but I will be ready before the weekend.
sitting and watching the screen for few minutes trying to came up with something appropriate to say but doesnt work....as few said, keep strong mate, dont worry yourself with draft, caf and other similar crap. Hopefully everything will turn out good and your brother(and mother) will be fine.

Enigma_87

You know who

Sorry to hear that mate, stay strong and make sure your brother gets a lot of attention so you all go through it. Wish you and your family all the best.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football

My condolences on the loss of your father. Hope your brother recovers well both physically and psychologically too.

Hang in there.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.

Stay strong mate.

NM

Any chance of anyone making a formation graphic for me. Just finished my write up and still can't get them to work.
I don't have much of a write up.. Absolutely slammed with work. I'll try tonight to do it

Oaencha

Evening everyone. Sorry for the late reply; things have been a bit hectic. I haven't had the brain-space to do my write-up so with a heavy heart I will have to forfeit my match. Realistically, I won't have much time for a few days and it's not fair to keep everyone waiting.

Would I be okay to post my team in a few days and get everyone's opinion of my team? I know it won't be part of the tournament but it would be nice to know what you all think.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Evening everyone. Sorry for the late reply; things have been a bit hectic. I haven't had the brain-space to do my write-up so with a heavy heart I will have to forfeit my match. Realistically, I won't have much time for a few days and it's not fair to keep everyone waiting.

Would I be okay to post my team in a few days and get everyone's opinion of my team? I know it won't be part of the tournament but it would be nice to know what you all think.
It might be frustrating for you not to have a "game" so my suggestion is that you send your starting 11 via PM to somebody who will defend your choices.

EAP or a neutral like antohan, joga, gio could be interested in playing the role of your advocate or assisting you in the write-up.

If they aren't available, no problem to do it myself.

Last edited:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

We all understand, mate. Life comes before fun & games like this draft.

For the match, don't worry too much about it. Just send your starting 11 over to EAP, and one of the neutrals/managers can do a simple write-up in your place.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs

Very sorry to read about your news. I wish you the best. I also agree with @mazhar13 , don't forfeit. Just send whatever you have to Edgar and I am a neutral would do you a write up to still keep the team in the draft for the match.

Oaencha

Heya guys. Thanks for the offer but I'm not feeling very competitive.

@Edgar Allan Pillow

Am I okay to post my team in a few days and get everyone's opinion? No opponent just standalone.

Oaencha

Sure, but I plan to get a neutral to put your team up for a dummy match with Skizzo, so that he can also get some opinion on his team.
Don't get a neutral. Okay let me put something together real quick. It won't be pretty but everyone will get the idea. Is that okay?

R1 Results / QF Pool

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
R1 Results:

2mufc0
vs Moby (completed)
Tuppet vs Pat_Mustard (in progress)
prath92 vs Chesterlestreet (in progress)
mazhar 13 vs oneniltothearsenal
Enigma_87
vs RedTiger
harms vs Ecstatic
NM vs P-Nut
Oaencha vs Skizzo

Quarter Finalists:

harms - 1. [DROPPED] (10) 2. G. Donnarumma (20) 3. L. Figo (1) 4. R. Marquez (7) 5. L. Riva (12) 6. R. Giggs (18) 7. Carvajal 8. B. Robson (27) 9. V. Voronin (6) 10. [DROPPED] 11. A. Cabrini (23) 12. T. Müller (1->14) 13. R. Ayala (9) 14. M. Kaltz (12) 15. F. Toldo (16) 16. K. Keegan (24) [finished drafting in box 24]

Tuppet - 1. M. Desailly (2) 2. J. Neeskens (9) 3. [DROPPED] 4. D. Dzajic (19) 5. Suarez (14) 6. Van Hanegem (6) 7. A. Chivadze 8. [DROPPED] 9. S. Matthews (23) 10. [DROPPED] 11. S. Busquets (14) 12. S. Kocsis (21) 13. D. Deschamps (26) 14. B. Vogts (1->6) 15. G. Banks (9) 16. L. Shaw (20) 17. C. Ziege (26) [finished drafting in Box 23]

Onenil/ctp - 1. J. Bican (D) 2. [DROPPED] 3. G. Facchetti (25) 4. H. Stoichkov (4) 5. J. Bozsik (8) 6. J. Zanetti (12) 7. D. Walker 8. [DROPPED] 9. M. Neuer (23) 10. A. Vidal (25) 11. V. Vasovic (4) 12. B. Schuster (11) 13. D. Holcer (16) 14. C. Ferrara (25) 15. D. Bergkamp (1>19) 16. L.Junior (11) [Finished drafting in Box 11]

Skizzo - 1. Kaka 2. R. Dasayev 3. G. Souness 4. [DROPPED] 5. [DROPPED] 6. R van Nistelrooy (18) 7. I. Helguera 8. D. Beckham 9. Z. Czibor (9) 10. T. Zarra (13) 11. S. Marzolini 12. G. Popescu 13. Pepe (2) 14. M. Bossis (4) 15. J. Giles 16. J. Carragher [Finished drafting in box 24]

2mufc0 - 1. [DROPPED] 2. E. Davids (17) 3. P.R. Falcao (25) 4. Z. Ibrahimović (3) 5. [DROPPED] 6. L. Thuram (12) 7. A. Carboni 8. Gerson (23) 9. P. Evra (2) 10. Janes (8) 11. A. Hansen (16) 12. G Lato (27) 13. R. Mahrez (7) 14. [DROPPED] 15. P. Keizer (19) 16. P. Cech (14) 17. R. Carvalho (25) [finished drafting in Box 25]

prath92 - 1. M. Ballack (4) 2. T. Henry (10) 3. [DROPPED] (16) 4. C. Tevez (18) 5. [DROPPED] (16) 6. P. Montero (4) 7. W. Gallas (bonus) 8. R. Carlos (9) 9. J. S. Veron (16) 10. M. Essien (26) 11. F. Collovati 12. E. Van der Sar (17) 13. F. Totti (23) 14. M. Amoros (28) 15. J. O'Shea (7) 16. W. Rooney (18) - [finished drafting in Box 18]

NM - 1. D. Edwards (3) 2. P. Scholes (12) 3. [DROPPED] (17) 4. John Charles (24) 5. Dani Alves (1) 6. Cannavaro (4) 7. van Bronckhorst (Bonus) 8. K.H. Förster (11) 9. F. Ribery (14) 10. Sane (20) 11. Hamrin (25) 12. Diego Lopez (7) 13. Rivera (19) 14. Hughes (24) 15. Koeman (28) - [finished drafting in Box 14]

Enigma_87/Sjor - 1. [DROPPED] 2. R. Ferdinand (18) 3. [DROPPED] (26) 4. G. Mendieta (8) 5. Luis Suárez Miramontes (10) 6. K. H. Rummenigge (21) 7. J. Capdevila 8. J. Kohler (25) 9. [DROPPED] 10. D. Villa (5) 11. R. Rensenbrink (16) 12. Gerets (27) 13. A. Arbeloa (7) 14. H. Gregg 15. C. Makélélé (25) 16. M. Coluna (6) 17. R. Rosato (16) - [finished drafting in Box 16]

Reinforcement Pool:

P-Nut - 1. Ronaldinho (9) 2. D. De Gea (13) 3. Neymar (19) 4. [DROPPED] 5. A. Sanchez (26) 6. [DROPPED] 7. G Heinze 8. D. Alli (20) 9. B. Foulkes (3) 10. Bonucci 11. Effenberg (16) 12. M. van Bommel (26) 13. [DROPPED] 14. Hierro (10) 15. C. Azpilicueta (13) 16.G.Lineker (5) 17. P. Ince(28) Ineligible pick

Pat_Mustard - 1. R. Gullit (11) 2. A. Brehme (16) 3. [DROPPED] 4. P. McGrath (2) 5. Paco Gento (23) 6. [DROPPED] 7. Viv Anderson 8. S. Piola 9. C. Alberto (4) 10. I. Netto (6) 11.R. Benetti (16) 12. M. Tresor (23) 13. R. Kopa (1/16) 14. U. Fillol 15. Nani (18) 16. Pirri (27) [Finished drafting in Box 27]

mazhar13 - 1. D. Law (4) 2. U. Seeler (11) 3. P. Nedvěd (16) 4. [DROPPED] 5. [DROPPED] 6. P. Vieira (2) 7. S. Jardine 8. K.-H. Schnellinger (10) 9. G. Buffon (16) 10. D. Irwin (18) 11. Didi (25) 12. W. Schulz (1/19) 13. Joaquin (7) 14. L. Modric (15) 15. M. Asensio (20) 16. T. Burgnich (28) - [finished drafting in Box 28]

Chesterlestreet - 1. J. Masopust (6) 2. R. Baraja (13) 3. E. Cantona (18) 4. [DROPPED] (1) 5. J-P. Papin (1) 6. T. Finney (16) 7. D. Hamann 8. H. Chumpitaz (21) 9. G. Hagi (28) 10. R. Byrne (3) 11. C. Panucci (9) 12. G. Pallister (18) 13. [DROPPED] 14. D. Seaman (24) 15. P. Cocu (17) 16. A. Costacurta (23) - [finished drafting in Box 23]

Oaencha - 1. A. Del Piero 2. R. Lewandowski 3. S. Gerrard 4. [DROPPED] 5. S. Campbell 6. O. Dembele 7. Nelinho 8. X. Alonso 9. P. Schmeichel 10. G. Chiellini 11. [DROPPED] 12. D. Silva 13. Raúl 14. Maxwell 15. Fernandinho 16. E. Ocwirk [finished drafting in Box 4]

Moby - 1. D. Drogba (7) 2. [DROPPED] 3. A.Robben (17) 4. N. Vidic (14) 5. M. Sindelar (22) 6. R. Keane (10) 7. Sanchis 8. J. C. Valerón (13) 9. M. Tardelli (21) 10. N. Santos (27) 11. W. Suurbier (9) 12. J. Nasazzi (16) 13. [DROPPED] 14. S. Maier (21) 15. S. Mazzola (10) 16. O. Sivori (19) - [finished drafting in Box 19]

RedTiger - 1. Seedorf 2. Batistuta 3. J. Stam 4. [DROPPED] 5. F. Redondo 6. C. Gentile 7. Futre 8. L. Enrique 9. J. Tigana (28) 10. Handanovic 11. [DROPPED] 12. T. Helveg 13. S. Pearce 14. F Rivilla 15. Camacho 16. O Bergmark - [finished drafting in Box 4]

Ecstatic/MDFC - 1. M. Laudrup (5) 2. Xavi (10) 3. O. Varela (19) 4. [DROPPED] 5. G. Bailey (1) 6. A. Shevchenko (19) 7. M. Reiziger 8. R. Krol (25) 9. Jairzinho (4) 10. L.Kubala (9) 11. D. Godin (14) 12. [DROPPED] (16) 13. Amancio Amaro (16) 14. Dunne (3) 15. Lucio (9) 16. O. Blokhin (21) - [finished drafting in Box 21]

Block list:

Alfredo Di Stéfano, Bobby Charlton, Bobby Moore, Cristiano Ronaldo, Daniel Passarella, Diego Maradona, Elias Figueroa, Eusébio, Ferenc Puskás, Franco Baresi, Franz Beckenbauer, Gaetano Scirea, Garrincha, George Best, Gerd Müller, Johan Cruyff, Lev Yashin, Lionel Messi, Lothar Matthäus, Luis Ronaldo, Marco van Basten, Matthias Sammer, Michel Platini, Paolo Maldini, Pelé, Rivaldo, Roberto Baggio, Romário, Zico, Zinedine Zidane

Dropped list:

Frank Rijkaard, Samuel Eto'o, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Laurent Blanc, Philipp Lahm, Paul Breitner, Pietro Vierchowod, Giuseppe Bergomi, Kopke, Bixente Lizarazu, Jimmy Greaves, Mats Hummels, Alessandro Nesta, Oscar Ruggeri, Carles Puyol, Victor Valdes, A. Iniesta, Nobby Stiles, Cafu, P.Shilton, A. Cole, R. Donadoni, J. Mascherano, José Santamaría, Thiago Silva, Andrea Pirlo, Albiston, Conti, Stepney, Dino Zoff, R. Clemence, G. Bale, D. Santos, Rivellino, M. Buchan, I.Casillas, R.Pires

!!! INJURY RULES !!!

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Football is a dangerous sport, so get ready for some injuries...

INJURY RULES REFRESHER:

R2 - After every round 2 players from playing 11 (excl. GK) will get injured. Injuries will happen before reinforcement.
Injuries - Players who are "injured" will not be available for that round. They will be back into the team after that round. HOWEVER, they can only play 1 match for the rest of the tournament.

For example:

Injured in Initial Drafting -> Unavailable for R1. Back in team for QF.
- Can play for QF and if he plays QF he get injured again for rest of draft, or
- Managers can "rest (not play)" him for QF and play him in SF. He then get blocked for Finals.
S6 - First 2 picks of losing team will not be available during reinforcements.
This means 1st two picked players. If Player 1 is dropped then 2nd & 3rd picks will be unavailable.

NOTE:

1. There will be 4 Reinforcement rounds to pick 3 players. A "replacement" box will not count as a reinforcement. If you hit a replacement box in RF2 rolls, you can still play RF4 for your 3rd player. If you hit 2 or more replacement boxes, you need to think of clean living, prayers and miracles.

2. This will be a OPEN reinforcement round. You need not restrict yourself to the pool. Undrafted players can be picked.

Last edited: