Reality-Monopoly Draft

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football

Very few defensive midfielders can pull off a tackle that leaves Diego Maradona in absolute bewilderment (tackle is the thumbnail of the video, initially thought it was a foul too, sorry Robson :nervous:) and very few attacking midfielders possess both the technique and timing to pull off a raking pass to the flank and then score an almighty header, which Rinat Dasayev, of all people, doesn't even attempt to save and stands rooted. And then of course, there is Captain Marvel who could accomplish both of those feats in the same match :lol:

Last edited:

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I am dropping CL winner Davids and pick Ruud who was manged by LVG for the Netherlands.

harms - 1. [DROPPED] (10) 2. G. Donnarumma (20) 3. L. Figo (1) 4. R. Marquez (7) 5. L. Riva (12) 6. R. Giggs (18) 7. Carvajal 8. B. Robson (27) 9. V. Voronin (6) 10. [DROPPED] 11. [DROPPED] 12. T. Müller (1->14) 13. R. Ayala (9) 14. M. Kaltz (12) 15. F. Toldo (16) 16. K. Keegan (24) 17. P. McGrath (2) 18. N. Santos (8->23) 19. D. Forlan (11) 20. J. Kimmich (20) 21. D. Beckham (26) 22. J. Charles (4)

2mufc0 - 1. [DROPPED] 2. DROPPED (17) 3. P.R. Falcao (25) 4. Z. Ibrahimović (3) 5. [DROPPED] 6. L. Thuram (12) 7. A. Carboni 8. Gerson (23) 9. P. Evra (2) 10. Janes (8) 11. A. Hansen (16) 12. G Lato (27) 13. R. Mahrez (7) 14. [DROPPED] 15. P. Keizer (19) 16. P. Cech (14) 17. [DROPPED] 18. Jairzinho (4) 19. C. Alberto (25) 20. M. Tardelli (21) 21. F. Redondo (25) 22. R. Krol (27) 23. Kubala (11) 24. R. Van Nistelrooy

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Just posting it here, in case you guys missed it in the main thread with all the videos in it.

Diego Maradona, Michel Platini, Paulo Futre, Hristo Stoichkov, Preben Elkjaer on the pitch and Bryan Robson having a barnstorming Roy of the Rovers performance with 2 cracking goals and a proper midfield general display? Good for them, can I have my MOTM award please?

He's just ridiculous :lol:

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
harms - 1. [DROPPED] (10) 2. G. Donnarumma (20) 3. L. Figo (1) 4. R. Marquez (7) 5. L. Riva (12) 6. R. Giggs (18) 7. Carvajal 8. B. Robson (27) 9. [DROPPED] 10. [DROPPED] 11. [DROPPED] 12. T. Müller (1->14) 13. R. Ayala (9) 14. M. Kaltz (12) 15. F. Toldo (16) 16. K. Keegan (24) 17. P. McGrath (2) 18. N. Santos (8->23) 19. D. Forlan (11) 20. J. Kimmich (20) 21. D. Beckham (26) 22. J. Charles (4) 23. O. Varela (1->6)

2mufc0 - 1. [DROPPED] 2. DROPPED (17) 3. P.R. Falcao (25) 4. Z. Ibrahimović (3) 5. [DROPPED] 6. L. Thuram (12) 7. A. Carboni 8. Gerson (23) 9. P. Evra (2) 10. Janes (8) 11. A. Hansen (16) 12. G Lato (27) 13. R. Mahrez (7) 14. [DROPPED] 15. P. Keizer (19) 16. P. Cech (14) 17. [DROPPED] 18. Jairzinho (4) 19. C. Alberto (25) 20. M. Tardelli (21) 21. F. Redondo (25) 22. R. Krol (27) 23. Kubala (11) 24. R. Van Nistelrooy

I drop Voronin, who played with Pat's 10th pick Netto, and pick Obdulio Varela, who surely played more than 250 games for Penarol in his 12 years there? @antohan
@Edgar Allan Pillow

@2mufc0 if possible, I would ask you to postpone the final until Wednesday? I'm quite busy at the beginning of the week

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Tuppet - 1. M. Desailly (2) 2. J. Neeskens (9) 3. [DROPPED] 4. D. Dzajic (19) 5. Suarez (14) 6. Van Hanegem (6) 7. A. Chivadze 8. [DROPPED] 9. S. Matthews (23) 10. [DROPPED] 11. S. Busquets (14) 12. S. Kocsis (21) 13. D. Deschamps (26) 14. B. Vogts (1->6) 15. G. Banks (9) 16. L. Shaw (20) 17. C. Ziege (26) 18. V. Bezsonov 19. N. Vidic (14) 20. J. Camcaho (23) 21. P. Vieira (2) 22. T. Finney (6)

Enigma_87/Sjor - 1. [DROPPED] 2. R. Ferdinand (18) 3. [DROPPED] (26) 4. G. Mendieta (8) 5. Luis Suárez Miramontes (10) 6. K. H. Rummenigge (21) 7. J. Capdevila 8. J. Kohler (25) 9. [DROPPED] 10. D. Villa (5) 11. R. Rensenbrink (16) 12. Gerets (27) 13. A. Arbeloa (7) 14. H. Gregg 15. C. Makélélé (25) 16. M. Coluna (6) 17. [DROPPED] 18. I. Netto (23) 19. P. Nedvěd( 1-> 16) 20. P. Schmeichel (9) 21. D. McGrain (16) 22. J. Litmanen (26) 23. H. Stoichkov (5)
Yes. Netto is not in Pat's team anymore. Please repick @harms

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Just posting it here, in case you guys missed it in the main thread with all the videos in it.

Diego Maradona, Michel Platini, Paulo Futre, Hristo Stoichkov, Preben Elkjaer on the pitch and Bryan Robson having a barnstorming Roy of the Rovers performance with 2 cracking goals and a proper midfield general display? Good for them, can I have my MOTM award please?

He's just ridiculous :lol:

you posted the wrong vid, but what a performance from McGrath....personally what someone does in a friendly match doesnt impress me at all but feck me, didnt see such domination since Kramer dominated his Dojo.

harms

Staff
Yes. Netto is not in Pat's team anymore. Please repick @harms
That's bs
Box 01: Pat Me Down - Drop any one of your player(s) who have played (Club or NT) with any of Pat's picks. You can replace him with the same box criteria used for picking of the dropped player...just make sure he's "no mate" to any of Pat's players. If Pat ends up here, he uses "Skizz Me Not" criteria
Netto remains Pat's pick because, well, he picked him.

Of course you're free to change the rules as we go, but I'd ask you to reconsider

harms

Staff
It's not changing of rules. For example if a player was dropped after Pat picked him would you still consider him a "Pat's pick", This is similar. Just keep it to Pat's team at present.
The rule is a strange one in the first place, with a clear importance given to Pat's and Skizzo's individualities, so Pat's or Skizzo's team is the one they've lost with, regardless of what happened next — their players are doomed with a horrible contagious virus of sorts :rolleyes:

I'll repick, of course, but I'll state my full disagreement

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
you posted the wrong vid, but what a performance from McGrath....personally what someone does in a friendly match doesnt impress me at all
Yeah there's always the danger of attributing too much importance to friendlies and non competitive matches.

However, when it's just a tiny part of their body of work, McGrath has had equally imperious games in World Cups, league games, Euros, Cup finals and European competitions etc, it's more supplementary in nature and just gives further affirmation to their talents and legends I guess.

didnt see such domination since Kramer dominated his Dojo.
:lol:. It's insane really. I've watched the likes of Beckenbauer, Scirea, Moore, Figueroa etc as much as I can and naturally the likes of Maldini, Ferdinand, Thuram etc but none of them had 'that effect' on me (from a purely defensive perspective) that you get when watching the likes of Maradona, Ronaldinho or Ronaldo (where you let out a figurative gasp). McGrath does though. Definitely a subjective thing though of course.

He was just so natural and nonchalant. Like that piece of action at 3.40 in the video above where he executes the smoothest of tackles, gets up and controls the ball in one fluid motion :drool:

Last edited:

harms

Staff
cold blooded russians :(
Really wanted to play Beckham centrally with Robson, but figured that the voters won't appreciate it at all, despite him having some experience there, both for us and for Madrid. Would've kept him if not for our different interpretations of the rule :(

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Really wanted to play Beckham centrally with Robson, but figured that the voters won't appreciate it at all, despite him having some experience there, both for us and for Madrid. Would've kept him if not for our different interpretations of the rule :(
Haven't exactly been following so don't know the rules regarding the injuries, swaps and all that, but why not play McGrath as the DM?

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
@Joga Bonito wasnt meant to be a dig on McGrath, he proved his class in proper games, was just commenting in general my view on friendly matches.
As for the other part, yeah he looks special. Dominates like a proper stopper but is also smart like a sweeper. Knew before he was great but didnt expect him to be that good.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
@Joga Bonito wasnt meant to be a dig on McGrath, he proved his class in proper games, was just commenting in general my view on friendly matches.
As for the other part, yeah he looks special. Dominates like a proper stopper but is also smart like a sweeper. Knew before he was great but didnt expect him to be that good.
Yeah of course, didn't take it as a dig btw.

Enigma_87

You know who
Haven't exactly been following so don't know the rules regarding the injuries, swaps and all that, but why not play McGrath as the DM?
Played Vasovic as DM(having vast experience in that position) - didn't end particularly well. I'd imagine McGrath there will have similar success :D

harms

Staff
I need him in defence more. Picking from the squad options, I would've played Marquez in midfield

harms

Staff
Sent my write-up to Edgar, @2mufc0
Not sure how much I would participate tomorrow - have been a crazy week so far, but I hope that the final will be entertaining enough anyway.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Sent my write-up to Edgar, @2mufc0
Not sure how much I would participate tomorrow - have been a crazy week so far, but I hope that the final will be entertaining enough anyway.
Will send mine in tonight.