Reality-Monopoly Draft

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Thanks for tagging me @Joga Bonito - not his best performance but such a menace and great work ethic. Complete centre forward.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Great stuff. I'm sure @Raees @Balu @antohan @Pat_Mustard amongst others would be interested in it to say the least.

It was amazing watching him in the 1970 WC, in Mexico of all places, running about like a sprightly 20 year old (he was 34 then), linking up play and being an absolute menace. What a pair Gerd Müller and him were. Fantastic player.
Not the best game of his but i kinda like that, you learn more from the player when things doesnt go his way then while he is at the top of his game. Probably my favorite striker of all time, id play tape after tape of his movement to the kids so they learn how to play as a proper striker.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
It was amazing watching him in the 1970 WC, in Mexico of all places, running about like a sprightly 20 year old (he was 34 then), linking up play and being an absolute menace. What a pair Gerd Müller and him were. Fantastic player.
Yeah, amazing both in 1966 and 1970, linking up with Haller, Beckenbauer, Müller etc.

harms

Staff
John Charles' video got 3 views, I'm pretty sure 2 of them were mine :lol: I knew it wouldn't be popular, but...
Although to be honest it's not his best game, so I don't even want to advertise it much, but it's interesting to see how he moves around during the game.

Šjor Bepo

Yeah, amazing both in 1966 and 1970, linking up with Haller, Beckenbauer, Müller etc.
probably us, enigma is on it now so we should send tonight...

edit: edgar was faster.

Šjor Bepo

John Charles' video got 3 views, I'm pretty sure 2 of them were mine :lol: I knew it wouldn't be popular, but...
Although to be honest it's not his best game, so I don't even want to advertise it much, but it's interesting to see how he moves around during the game.
was planning to watch it when the game starts....viewer number 4 incoming :D

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
The only full game I found with Charles featuring - would appreciate an advice on where to look for more. There are more than enough of his goals online but it's hard to judge his playing style just by them (or by a one odd game though)
Great video, and a nice touch with that running commentary btw :lol:. Does a good job of portraying his game, and I remember thinking about how he seemed more mobile and skilful on the ball than he was given credit for. Just a real shame how there's barely any footage of him or Sivori for that matter.

Heh, don't know why but I mistook it for the full game of the Real vs Juventus match. Think I just read your first sentence of that post, and thought you just posted the full match and were asking others for more footage online.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Hmmm, decided to do some digging and thought the 1958 WC would be a decent place to start. Only managed to find this - Wales vs Sweden. It's just an hour long though, so probably parts of the match will be missing but most of it seems to be on there. Haven't watched it myself and might do so later, but thought you might be interested @harms

harms

Staff
Hmmm, decided to do some digging and thought the 1958 WC would be a decent place to start. Only managed to find this - Wales vs Sweden. It's just an hour long though, so probably parts of the match will be missing but most of it seems to be on there. Haven't watched it myself and might do so later, but thought you might be interested @harms
Cheers. Didn't think to check the group games — and Charles was injured for the Brazil game. Will look it up

harms

Staff
Should be an awful game to make a compilation of - Charles brothers played there together :lol:

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Great stuff. I'm sure @Raees @Balu @antohan @Pat_Mustard amongst others would be interested in it to say the least.

Cheers Joga and good work @Šjor Bepo . Seeler is fecking awesome, and it's weird in retrospect how long it took him to get much acknowledgement in these drafts.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Ok then, congrats to harms and 2mufc0 for making it to the finals!

harms - 1. [DROPPED] (10) 2. G. Donnarumma (20) 3. L. Figo (1) 4. R. Marquez (7) 5. L. Riva (12) 6. R. Giggs (18) 7. Carvajal 8. B. Robson (27) 9. V. Voronin (6) 10. [DROPPED] 11. [DROPPED] 12. T. Müller (1->14) 13. R. Ayala (9) 14. M. Kaltz (12) 15. F. Toldo (16) 16. K. Keegan (24) 17. P. McGrath (2) 18. N. Santos (8->23) 19. D. Forlan (11) 20. J. Kimmich (20) 21. D. Beckham (26) 22. J. Charles (4)

2mufc0 - 1. [DROPPED] 2. E. Davids (17) 3. P.R. Falcao (25) 4. Z. Ibrahimović (3) 5. [DROPPED] 6. L. Thuram (12) 7. A. Carboni 8. Gerson (23) 9. P. Evra (2) 10. Janes (8) 11. A. Hansen (16) 12. G Lato (27) 13. R. Mahrez (7) 14. [DROPPED] 15. P. Keizer (19) 16. P. Cech (14) 17. [DROPPED] 18. Jairzinho (4) 19. C. Alberto (25) 20. M. Tardelli (21) 21. F. Redondo (25) 22. R. Krol (27) 23. Kubala (11)

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
There will be NO reinforcements this round.

I'm giving you both the choice of replacing ONE of your player using any of the 4 replacement boxes of your choice. Drop a player who fits the replacement criteria and pick a player from the same box used to pick up the dropped player.

@2mufc0 you go first.

Remember: SF injured players are back. QF injured players who are back and not played earlier can play this round. This is an open reinforcement, so undrafted players can be picked too!

Last edited:

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Just to confirm the first 2 picks are still blocked?

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
18. Jairzinho (4) 19. C. Alberto (25) 20. M. Tardelli (21) 21. F. Redondo (25) 22. R. Krol (27) 23. Kubala (11)
Wow 2mufc0 has gotten some monster reinforcements when I look at the list all together

Enigma_87

You know who
He has Davids, Falcao, Gerson, Tardelli and Redondo all available for his midfield :lol:
Davids is actually unavailable for the final as he was used in the SF's and injured before I think.

Still Redondo/Falcao, Tardelli is mental.

He has to replace Ibra with a top forward and would be pretty hard to beat.